• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minecraft Mini Mafia ~ The End

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 2:1

[0] Kursed -
[0] Stick Dude -
[0] Captain Hotcakes -
[0] HunterNinjaReaperPirate -
[0] RosalinaSGS -

[5] Not Voting - Kursed, Stick Dude, Captain Hotcakes, HunterReaperNinjaPirate, RosalinaSGS

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 2 is Tuesday 9th May at midnight GMT (6PM CST).

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I must confess, I was similarly surprised that I was still alive.

@ Kursed Kursed ****, you're less active than Gorf. Post soon, or you'll get lynched/ modkilled.

I don't want to push Hotcakes to l - 1, but consider my vote on him right now.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Kantrip's behavior felt more alarmist than investigative D1. His votes felt very impulsive and his reasons had a few flagrant contradictions when it came to other player criticisms (countervoting, making up a case on Stick)

What does everyone think of Kursed? TBH, there was something that struck me off about him D1 even with my soft town read on him. It was almost like he was trying to stir **** to make people flail and appear suspicious, as was the case with Stick. His inactivity and refusal to cooperate could also indicate that he's watching the game from the sidelines, picking off players he found most contentious to him if they were to pull out questions from him.

Vote: Kursed

Unless someone else is closer or is more convincing, I'm better off leaving a vote on him for now.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
If something struck you as off about Kursed, why did you still have a town read? Surely, with the virtually non-existant information we had in D1, you would have Kursed as a scum read if you felt he was off. And isn't the point of mafia to question people, in the hope they do flail and appear suspicious, especially on D1.

@ Kursed Kursed A reply? And seriously, post something before you get modkilled.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 2:2

[1] Kursed - Captain Hotcakes
[0] Stick Dude -
[1] Captain Hotcakes - HunterReaperNinjaPirate
[0] RosalinaSGS -

[3] Not Voting - Kursed, Stick Dude, RosalinaSGS

Deadline for Day 2 is Tuesday 9th May at midnight GMT (6PM CST).

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
-announcement-

Kursed has been prodded and I expect to modkill him at the end of the Day unless something changes.

Given the incredibly low levels of activity this game, I am considering ending the game prematurely and calling everyone a winner. However I do not want to dampen anyone's enjoyment or experience. Please PM me and say whether you would prefer to keep playing, or if you would prefer to call it quits. Feel free to include whatever thoughts you have on the subject.

@ Kursed Kursed @ Stick Dude Stick Dude @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS

Last edited:

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
It looks like Kursed is going to get modkilled, there's no point in lynching him.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Wow, what could've launched as a strong mini got stooped by three friggin' inactiviy modkills!

Yet on the other hand, this is a godsend. I mean, this game's been pretty slow and tenacious.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
- announcement -

Further to my earlier announcement, the game will continue as planned due to a mixed response.

Kursed will be modkilled at the end of Day 2

Deadline is in ~45 hours

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
We need to be careful, if we accidentally lynch a townie today, we would be left with 1 town and 1 mafia tomorrow, meaning the mafia would win, right? (Assuming Kursed is town)

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
That's also assuming there's 2 mafia in a game of 7.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Yes, the mafia would win. And I think it's reasonable to assume there's only one mafia left. Playing a game with almost half of the players being scum would be too difficult.
@ Stick Dude Stick Dude Who are you willing to lynch Today? I still find Hotcakes suspicious, mostly as I do not find his reasoning sufficient. Additionally, he tried to point the spotlight on Kursed, who was obviously inactive.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 2:3

[0] Stick Dude -
[1] Captain Hotcakes - HunterReaperNinjaPirate
[0] RosalinaSGS -

[3] Not Voting - Kursed, Stick Dude, RosalinaSGS

Deadline for Day 2 is ~24 hours,
Tuesday 9th May at midnight GMT (6PM CST)

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
A lynch has been reached!

Votecount 2:4X

[0] Stick Dude -
[3] Captain Hotcakes - HunterReaperNinjaPirate, RosalinaSGS, Stick Dude
[0] RosalinaSGS -

[3] Not Voting - Kursed

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Captain Hotcakes has been lynched! He was...

Minecraft Chicken, Mafia Mailman

All the mafia have been eliminated!
Game Over - Town wins!​

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Oh yeah. Um.

So in general this game was hella inactive, and I would like to apologize for that. I know no-one signed up for that. On the other hand, most of you could have done more to post in the thread, even if you didn't really have anything to add, or leads to follow- just to grease the wheels so to speak.

I'm pretty sure my MVP (not that this is an actual reward) is RosalinaSGS for being active and asking questions, if anyone would like some kinda specific feedback on their play then feel free to ask me here or in private - I didn't pay that much attention to this game so I'm not gonna give a whole blow by blow now.

I'd also like to apologize to Captain Hotcakes just because having your scummate modkilled is never a fun thing to happen.

Also shoutouts to Nabe for being cute.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Setup:

1 Town 1-shot Tracker (Stick Dude)
1 Town Poison Doctor (Rosalina SGS)
3 Vanilla Townies (HunterReaperNinjaPirate, Kursed, Kantrip)
1 Mafia Mailman (Captain Hotcakes)
1 Mafia Goon (Gorf)

Stick Dude tracked Kantrip N1 for no result, RosalinaSGS healed Kantrip N1,

But Captain Hotcakes shot Kantrip, and declined to use his mailman ability.

I mean, not that anyone decided to claim their roles at any point lol

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Well it does actually prevent poison...

Can be confirmed PR by the tracker. Other than that, does nothing.

It's mostly there to combat the idea that claims = clears.

That, and what else would a Minecraft Cow do but cure poison??

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Wow, rather anticlimatic for my first ever game as mafia. I felt so out of my comfort zone, especially with Gorf being a really unreliable partner.

I really toppled over myself without giving any concrete reasoning for why I killed Kantrip, though I remembered. That's where I really feel flat.

@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary : Post-mortem analysis on my play?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary : Post-mortem analysis on my play?
Well the following is just my opinion but yeah:

In general terms, don't be afraid to sit on your hands and do nothing as scum. Sometimes you will get called out for it, but it is a lot safer to take your time than to overextend and get caught out.

I think you lost this game because you focused on Kursed, then Rosalina called you out and you didn't respond. So, if you're going to 'push' a player you have to be prepared to defend that push and express your own opinion.

@ Stick Dude Stick Dude Who are you willing to lynch Today? I still find Hotcakes suspicious, mostly as I do not find his reasoning sufficient. Additionally, he tried to point the spotlight on Kursed, who was obviously inactive.
Admittedly it is kinda awkward that Kursed just disappeared, but if you are in a situation where you get called out and don't respond, it's very unusual for people to change their mind about you on their own.

Also, you had a power role but didn't really make any use of it. If you're facing down losing the game, that's something to think about.

I hope that helps.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Sorry this had to happen guys, I truly feel honestly bad. There was really no excuse for my inactivity other than exams, but I kept putting this off. I would like to sincerely apologize specifically to Kary for making her/his life hard and for all of you because I slowed the game down.

Top Bottom