• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mindgames w/ Ganondorf

Funcow

Smash Cadet
What are some good mindgames with Ganondorf (that do not involve wavedashing)?

Mindgames should be very useful vs the faster characters.

petoo0

Smash Ace
lol mind games are something you develop on your own. you can't really use other people's mind games. but i guess to start you off there is double jump fairs and retreated fairs.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
The subject of mindgames is huge.. I can tell you to WD backwards and back to your foe and punish him with an Fair/Nair/Uair/Jab/Grab/Jab+Grab. I can tell you to tech chase your foe as a consquence of throwing in a particular direction. I can tell you to infinite ledge stall until your opponent is pressured to make a laggy move, and punish from there.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Your best bet would be to play a lot and find out what you think works. People can't really give you mindgames.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Just play a variety of people (and try to play better or decent ppl so you don't develop as many bad habits).

Very important is spacing... retreating fairs are very useful.

Mindgames are veerry important for a ganon.

Mista_G

Smash Rookie
my favorite mindgame = running wavedash attack. it's basically starting off with a run, wavedashing backward (or even better, forward) then attacking with either shffled dair or wizard's foot, gerudo dragon, dark dive (recommended, unblockable), or fsmash/dsmash and i do believe u can take other people's mindgames and not exactly rip them but make them your own by changing it to fit your playing style

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
backwards wave land to a jab.ummmm is a thing that i do cant really tell you how to do mind games. just....dont be retarted i guess. fade away forward airs work nice. infinite ledge hod to a backward ledgedash to a regular ledgedash jab. is a crazy mind game, but you can sd easy unless your good with it

technomancer

Smash Champion
lol mind games are something you develop on your own. you can't really use other people's mind games. but i guess to start you off there is double jump fairs and retreated fairs.
Bogus assumption! All my mindgames are stolen.

Good mindgames with Ganon include stomping an opponent if he tries to roll behind you (generally when someone sheilds for a second, they'll try this), and Down B. Down B is always a mindgame.

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
of course you can do the same thing as sombody, but how you think of using it is based on the person. you can watch azen vids all day, and know how to do every thing he does , but actually learning how he thinks about ising them is another task in its own. backwards up b out of shield is very nice BTW

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
mind game = do something a few times so your opponent thinks he knows how you play, THEN do something different as to screw with his mind.
lol thats a funny definition...

I've always hated the term mindgames... making it a noun makes it seem like something you have... when really... it should just be "hes a smarter player than you"

So asking what mindgames are specifically for ganon makes little sense... sure there are things that can be tricky... but the whole point of the game is to outsmart the other guy... like if you see him shielding, you run towards him and you know that hes gonna be scared so he'll either... Side dodge or roll... If you just tried to run to him and grab, he would get away... but if you thought ahead, you could run there and charge a down smash, and let it go when he either side dodges or rolls towards you.

bah... mindgames... lousy term... don't think of it as something you have, its just you outsmarting the other player... not a bunch of tricks.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Spam forward aerial from across the level and then do the Down B after you cancel one is my all time Ganon favorite mindgame.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
a great mind game (for some1 w/o projectiles) stand at teh edge whenever some1 comes near basic punch them this irritates them and makes it easier to catch em off gaurd

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Mindgames are really vague, but I'll try the best I can to give some.

First off, spacing is a vital part of any mindgame. Alot of Ganons moves, like his Fair, have longer range than they look like, so take advantage of it. Also Ganon is a really good techchaser, and techchasing is pretty much directly linked to mindgames so theres that. Mainly though just don't be predictable. Ganon is played often enough that people know what his good moves are. There looking for the Stomp/Fair/Uair, so use a variety of moves. Personally I like his up and down tilts. It really makes a Marth player mad when you outrange them. Also don't be afraid to use the downB when its appropriate. Alot of players seem afraid to use it because of how easily punished it is if it misses, which is a shame because if you can work it into your game it is pretty helpful. Also wavelanding is Ganons friend, use it wisely.

Some other useful moves are his jab, which is just beautiful in its usefulness, and his Usmash. Overall Ganons smashes aren't all that great, at least compared to his other moves, but his Usmash can be useful in a mindgames sense due to its akwardly early interuptable frames.

kliente

Smash Cadet
My overall favorite mindgame is to do a SH making the oponent think that i'm going to make a L-cancelled Fair and the i do a backwards waveland and pwn them with F-smash or down B quen they're rushing in, it works most of the time

British Bob

Smash Cadet
I would say do a lot of random moves that won't put you in a postion of losing a life and down b from one platform to the next again and again.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
well since every knows one of ganons best attack is his fair so I just sh towards ppl they shield then I gerudo **** them with up b

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Sorry for reviving this old topic, but I didn't want to make a new one (almost same topic).

These mindgames work well, but I can't seem to figure out any good ways to confuse a char with projectiles. Does anyone have good mindgames for this?

Thanks. :)

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
catch them if possible. crouch under them. punch them (samus missiles)

another sweet mind game is to dash dance then crouch at a slight distance like you were going to do a downb. then wait for them to jump over the down b and do a usmash or fsmash. it works well against peaches who think you are going to do a down b when they stop floating.

Zone

Smash Champion
Mindgames imo can be tooken from other people. As long as you understand why it worked, and why the guy fell for it.

Second, If your worried about being able to wave-dash, you really should perfect your techs with Ganon first. The More tools available to you the More mindgames + unpredictability you can have at your disposal.

Mind games is a skill in a sense. You build them by reading your opponent, and predict what you think they are predicting. then you counter it.

I'd say my favorite with Ganon is the Uh oh, Oh no. A name me and my friends made up for jumping at your opponent then jumping backwards out of their aerial range making them miss, then implementing your F-air. It's only my favorite cause my friends sound ******** and they say "Uh oh, Oh no" when they do it and in a way they were warning me. And I fell for it anyways lol. Fun times.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf + mindgames - wavedashing is very hard. the only mindgames i have for ganondorf are wavedashing and wavelanding.

Top Bottom