• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The thing about dixie's that she would be a Luigified Diddy best-case-scenario. K. Rool has more potential and we already got two new females, we need BAD GUYS!
What about female villains? All I can think of is Medusa and Captain Syrup but I'm sure there's more.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
i would laugh hard i we got cranky kong in tomorrow's direct
dixie would be meh though (fine with it, not excited)
that being said, i don't see how people are just completely certain it will be a diddy-dixie duo

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
So, Sakurai wasn't fond of Peach's High Kick Up Aerial. So instead, he gives her a Rainbow Swipe(new move name)?

Well, he Up Strong attack is a Heart Tap(originally a headbutt). I guess is to make Toadstool more girly and magical.

If that's the case, he might as well give her the emotional vibes as an alternative moveset. That and Parry.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Look, really, there is NO reason Dixie would be a clone, or even a 'Luigi' to Diddy. :/ I can very easily Think of countless unique moves Dixie could use of her own. People seems to Think that characters that looks similar has to be clones, which just isn't logical. Fox and Wolf has basically the exact same body shape/type, yet all their standard moves are unique to them (well, Falco has some Fox moves).

In any case, as mods have said, this isn't the Place for this kind of talk, and I'd rather not annoye them, so I will leave it at that.

So... can we assume that today is Sakurai's Valentine Pic?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Look, really, there is NO reason Dixie would be a clone, or even a 'Luigi' to Diddy. :/ I can very easily Think of countless unique moves Dixie could use of her own. People seems to Think that characters that looks similar has to be clones, which just isn't logical. Fox and Wolf has basically the exact same body shape/type, yet all their standard moves are unique to them (well, Falco has some Fox moves).

In any case, as mods have said, this isn't the Place for this kind of talk, and I'd rather not annoye them, so I will leave it at that.

So... can we assume that today is Sakurai's Valentine Pic?
Well, if that's the case, this is the opposite of a love-letter to fans, more like a **** YOU-letter to fans.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Alright, so here's what I'm thinking for tomorrow's trailer.
At first it's a fake out reveal of Diddy Kong, then after some wacky antics Dixy shows up, then BAM Diddy AND Dixy swing in or whatever. They show off some moves and stuff, then the trailer "ends".
Music switches to Gangplank galleon. Some credits roll by, but everything starts with K. Directed by Kasahiro Kasarai, Kuper Krash bros. for Wii U and DS, Koming 2014. Then when the song hit the part where it kicks up, trailer starts again, this time it's King K. Rool.

Make it happen Sakurai.
Nonono, you're raising my expectations too high, cut that out! D:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
This is going to be a long day by the looks of things...
Then let me at least help to get this back on topic. :)

Mario and Sonic Dude, do you Think we'll get Another Pic of the day today? I mean, it will be Friday for Sakurai when this Direct airs, so I am confused in what will happen.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Yup. Sakurai twitted about the ND just to reveal us Diddy in the ND. Sounds likely.
Yup. It does sound likely. We've only had one newcomer revealed in a direct, and that was six months after we got our first newcomers. Now, two months after a newcomer, we get another newcomer. I'm not expecting a newcomer for a while. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This is going to be a long day by the looks of things...
I hope all the other mods are prepared for the fall out because the butthurt is going to crash in like a tsunami if either of the rumored reveals wind up being true (Diddy and Dixie as a pair or Yoshi with Baby Mario). I'll be at work until 3 hours after the Direct is over so I'll only see the devastating aftermath.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I had a very realistic dream that the Nintendo Direct revealed both ROB and Donkey Kong Jr, who was a girl

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hope all the other mods are prepared for the fall out because the butthurt is going to crash in like a tsunami if either of the rumored reveals wind up being true (Diddy and Dixie as a pair or Yoshi with Baby Mario). I'll be at work until 3 hours after the Direct is over so I'll only see the devastating aftermath.
This is why I really hate seeing Smash Bros. leaks. They're nothing but trouble for everyone.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yup. It does sound likely. We've only had one newcomer revealed in a direct, and that was six months after we got our first newcomers. Now, two months after a newcomer, we get another newcomer. I'm not expecting a newcomer for a while. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely.
Sure, dude. Believe what you want to believe. If you think Sakurai twitted us just to reveal a veteran, especially when both times he did that was to reveal a newcomer (Rosaluma) and a third party character (Sonic), that is fine then. IMO that is highly unlikely.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
This type of reasoning doesn't make sense. Has Sakurai ever followed some kind of schedule or pattern? No.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Sure, dude. Believe what you want to believe. If you think Sakurai twitted us just to reveal a veteran, especially when both times he did that was to reveal a newcomer (Rosaluma) and a third party character (Sonic), that is fine then. IMO that is highly unlikely.
Shh. I'm trying to keep my hopes down.
But seriously, I expect only Diddy. It seems too soon too soon to get another newcomer.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Well apparently, pre-order cards for SSB Wii U were found in a Target store, and it had a seasonal release date (Summer). The whole thing at Target was confirmed by a fellow Smashboardian who went to Target, and found the cards. So if we're getting Smash Bros. in the Summer, the chances of Newcomers being revealed at a steady reveal is quite likely.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Well apparently, pre-order cards for SSB Wii U were found in a Target store, and it had a seasonal release date (Summer). The whole thing at Target was confirmed by a fellow Smashboardian who went to Target, and found the cards. So if we're getting Smash Bros. in the Summer, the chances of Newcomers being revealed at a steady reveal is quite likely.
Maybe, but I just think it's too soon to get another newcomer. And that Target date is probably a placeholder.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Maybe, but I just think it's too soon to get another newcomer. And that Target date is probably a placeholder.
It's never too early to reveal a newcomer; Sakurai is unpredictable, you know? That Target date could be a placeholder, but it is a possibility that is the release date. The Wii U isn't doing well and everything, and Sakurai has been working hard on this new game, so we could get an earlier release.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
You are all ignoring a very special fact. Stop thinking about yourselves and your needs for once and think about Sakurai! Valentine's Day is tomorrow and he might miss out on it because he will be hosting it very early in the morning. Not to mention that he has completely isolated himself living next to HQ just to get the work on the SSB4 done. We have to ship Sakurai with someone! The future of SSB4 depends on it!

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Of course we're going to get diddy...but i just feel like there might be something else to it.

And as for Sakurai and shipping.....No time. I want him to stay concentrated on smash and nothing else. :troll:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It's never too early to reveal a newcomer; Sakurai is unpredictable, you know? That Target date could be a placeholder, but it is a possibility that is the release date. The Wii U isn't doing well and everything, and Sakurai has been working hard on this new game, so we could get an earlier release.
I just have a feeling it won't be anything big.
I'm going to leave this thread for today, so I don't get my hopes up too high.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I like how flashy and magical Peach's attacks are becoming. Too bad other characters aren't getting this treatment. Well not with rainbows and ribbons... you know what I mean.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I'm just gonna go in with the *Sakurai loves to troll* mind set and walk in with low expectations. Are we more likely to get something nicer since he mentioned the direct in the pic of the day? Of course, but trying to predict anything other than vague hopes when it comes to Sakurai just leads to more annoyance than any other emotion. Just gonna wait till 2 pm to talk about how I feel about it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well we can't really see her hand behind that light, it could be a new item that has rainbow attacks, perhaps they made it so weapons like the beam sword, etc, have new attacks for up/down tilts/smashes as well. It could even be a new kind of badge that just adds a rainbow effect to different attacks or something.

If it's an item, it's probably there to replace Lip's Stick, since Lip would be using her own stick to fight. :troll:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You are all ignoring a very special fact. Stop thinking about yourselves and your needs for once and think about Sakurai! Valentine's Day is tomorrow and he might miss out on it because he will be hosting it very early in the morning. Not to mention that he has completely isolated himself living next to HQ just to get the work on the SSB4 done. We have to ship Sakurai with someone! The future of SSB4 depends on it!

Umh... Kamiya?

I dunno

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If the game is really going to be released this year, they need to reveal a newcomer (including the likes of Mewtwo) in every Nintendo Direct. So there is no such thing as a "too soon to get another newcomer".

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well no diddy on the first picture

Means 3 possiblitys

1 diddy kong is the direct character

2 the diddy and Dixie duo will be the characters

3 neither diddy and Dixie is the direct character and its a newcomer anyway (believe it or not I think this one is the most possible i think its just going to be pokemon x and y all over again no reveal for DKCTF)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How I imagine things will play out if today ends up revealing Baby Mario Yoshi or Diddy and Dixie tag team:

Mod 1: SIR, THE BUTTHURT IS POURING IN! I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER WE'LL BE ABLE TO HOLD IT BACK!

Xiivii: Stay calm... we have to try to keep things under control for the sake of everyone here.

Mod 2: But there's just so much... hundreds of people are making new accounts just to complain... I... I don't how much longer I can take this...

Xiivii: I said hold your ground. We must try to keep order.

Mod 3: The threads are updating too fast, even on this new server... We're almost up to a page a minute! Can the servers even handle this?

Xiivii: ...

Mod 3: ...sir?

Xiivii: So it's come to this...

*smashes glass of SHUT... DOWN... EVERYTHING button.*

Mods: Sir!?!

Xiivii: Your dedication to Smash is admirable and I truly appreciate it. I... I couldn't ask for a better crew. Thank you for weathering the storm thus far but you are all dismissed.

Mod 1: But... what will you do?

Xiivii: Please understand... I must stay behind and take matters into my own hands. Sure, I'll have to answer hundreds of angry e-mails but I knew what responsibilities I would take on when I took this job. I will take the fall. Besides, it'll only be a few hours while everyone cools downs. Escape while you can.

Mod 2: I'll never forget you...

Xiivii: Time heals all wounds... There may be a day when these boards fall but not today... Not on my watch. Should we recover, I'll see you all again someday.

Mods: ... Sakurai be with you...

Xiivii: And also with you...

*all promptly log out leaving Xiivii to stare at the button*

Xiivii: I'm sorry Yoshi/Dixie... you deserved so much better...

*slams fist down*

Xiivii: Game set...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I think that Direct comment mention is telling us we're going to get something revealed for Smash 4.

I'm personally rooting for Palutena; the correlations between the Palace in the Sky stage and the detail gone into the leak make it sound more likely. Of course, we could get Diddy Kong later this month or possibly in the same show if Sakurai wants to break another paradigm and do a double reveal, but I doubt that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the game is really going to be released this year, they need to reveal a newcomer (including the likes of Mewtwo) in every Nintendo Direct. So there is no such thing as a "too soon to get another newcomer".
Especially considering the release date may be soon. Probably not but you never know.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
How I imagine things will play out if today ends up revealing Baby Mario Yoshi or Diddy and Dixie tag team:

Mod 1: SIR, THE BUTTHURT IS POURING IN! I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER WE'LL BE ABLE TO HOLD IT BACK!

Xiivii: Stay calm... we have to try to keep things under control for the sake of everyone here.

Mod 2: But there's just so much... hundreds of people are making new accounts just to complain... I... I don't how much longer I can take this...

Xiivii: I said hold your ground. We must try to keep order.

Mod 3: The threads are updating too fast, even on this new server... We're almost up to a page a minute! Can the servers even handle this?

Xiivii: ...

Mod 3: ...sir?

Xiivii: So it's come to this...

*smashes glass of SHUT... DOWN... EVERYTHING button.*

Mods: Sir!?!

Xiivii: Your dedication to Smash is admirable and I truly appreciate it. I... I couldn't ask for a better crew. Thank you for weathering the storm thus far but you are all dismissed.

Mod 1: But... what will you do?

Xiivii: Please understand... I must stay behind and take matters into my own hands. Sure, I'll have to answer hundreds of angry e-mails but I knew what responsibilities I would take on when I took this job. I will take the fall. Besides, it'll only be a few hours while everyone cools downs. Escape while you can.

Mod 2: I'll never forget you...

Xiivii: Time heals all wounds... There may be a day when these boards fall but not today... Not on my watch. Should we recover, I'll see you all again someday.

Mods: ... Sakurai be with you...

Xiivii: And also with you...

*all promptly log out leaving Xiivii to stare at the button*

Xiivii: I'm sorry Yoshi/Dixie... you deserved so much better...

*slams fist down*

Xiivii: Game set...
Best read. 12/10 would read again. 15/13 would publish into a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom