• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
They don't have better hardware on the 3DS. Sakurai has stated he had problems with paired characters (presumably Ice Climbers) in the past. Why ruin a perfectly fine moveset for something extremely difficult to develop?
To be fair, the only move this would likely affect for Diddy is Down B (Banana Peel). They'd either get rid of the Banana Peel in favour of a Kong Swap move. Diddy would retain all of his other moves and properties (while Dixie gets her own moveset). Since I'm not a Diddy player, though, I don't know how detrimental the lack of Banana Peels would be viewed by Diddy mains/players.

Of course, the solution would be to map the Kong Swap to a taunt button (maybe Down on the D-Pad, since it is unused in Smash).

This might also change Diddy's Final Smash. Unless both Diddy and Dixie get their own Final Smashes, depending on which of them is currently in play.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
They don't have better hardware on the 3DS. Sakurai has stated he had problems with paired characters (presumably Ice Climbers) in the past. Why ruin a perfectly fine moveset for something extremely difficult to develop?
who says the moveset would be ruined? Are people under the impression they would function like ice climbers? If anything it would just be a tag mechanic like pokemon trainer, with the switch hopefully being done with the d pad or something.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So All signs point to st least a diddy reveal. Maybe a diddy/dixie reveal. The precedent of game releases. The obviously fake pic of the day. Retweeting a tweet about the direct. Mentioning the direct in a daily oic.
Well ... Sakurai is just go ahead and reveal Palutena :troll:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What if they improve the moveset instead of ruin? It is too soon to assume that, especially since they didn't confirm the combo yet.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So if Diddy+Dixie is to be confirmed in the Nintendo Direct, does this mean we're getting a new stage along with it? Considering that all the other newcomers have promotional artwork on their home stages...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The picture is Peach's up air. Her up tilt has already been shown with the ribbons.
Has her Up Smash been shown, yet? If it has, I'd imagine that it would be a burst of hearts.

So we'd have ribbons, hearts, rainbows, turnips, kitchenware, Toads... Peach is becoming more fabulous by the minute.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I like how so many assumptions are being made.

I'm banking on them not revealing a damn thing about Diddy during the direct.
It's not unlike him to throw everyone off just for the sake of doing so.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
My prediction
Real pic of the day: I have inform you all I love Hideo Kojima! Me and him are getting married and also here's snake.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of paired characters. Especially when they are pointlessly tacking on an extra character to a pre-existing one.
They are making the characters work like they were supposed to. Diddy Kong wasn't supposed to be solo in Brawl.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Has her Up Smash been shown, yet? If it has, I'd imagine that it would be a burst of hearts.

So we'd have ribbons, hearts, rainbows, turnips, kitchenware, Toads... Peach is becoming more fabulous by the minute.
Oh WHOOOOOOOOPS I meant up Smash is the one with the ribbons. I don't think I saw her up tilt yet. Actually her up tilt being changed to this from sticking her leg in the air and exposing her underwear might make sense if Sakurai is making her a lil more kid friendly.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The picture is Peach's up air. Her up tilt has already been shown with the ribbons.
Do remember, though, that when revealing Peach, Sakurai said her moveset may not be final. It's hard to tell if she's in the air or not, but I would hope that's her new Up Smash. Her current one isn't Amazing.

So far, it seems her Up Tilt still uses those Hearts, but that Ribbon move...

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
What the hell you guys, the site crashes and i thought some guy leaked King K rool or something.

Anyway get hyped.
this is my DK hype music.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Oh WHOOOOOOOOPS I meant up Smash is the one with the ribbons. I don't think I saw her up tilt yet. Actually her up tilt being changed to this from sticking her leg in the air and exposing her underwear might make sense if Sakurai is making her a lil more kid friendly.
So her Up Smash is the ribbon move, now?

And I don't think her up tilt (the leg kick) is not PG. You could argue that Zero Suit Samus as a character skirts the line way more than Peach ever could.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

And I don't think her up tilt (the leg kick) is not PG. You could argue that Zero Suit Samus as a character skirts the line way more than Peach ever could.
Yea I know I'm sorry I messed up my words again lol. But the site went offline or something.

Her forward tilt is the leg kick in the air move. I THOUGHT Sakurai was changing that to the rainbow to remove the move where Peach exposes her underwear BUT she also does kinda the same thing with her up air so my logic is flawed. So never mind about the removing Peach exposing herself part.

The up Smash is the ribbon move. That's all.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Yea I know I'm sorry I messed up my words again lol. But the site went offline or something.

Her forward tilt is the leg kick in the air move. I THOUGHT Sakurai was changing that to the rainbow to remove the move where Peach exposes her underwear BUT she also does kinda the same thing with her up air so my logic is flawed. So never mind about the removing Peach exposing herself part.

The up Smash is the ribbon move. That's all.
Right, right. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Something big is going to happen. Why? The site went down. It's 100% now.
Oh, good, it's not just me. I was here 'lurking' a few weeks Before joining, and the site were down a lot. ._. Any special reason?

Anyways, hard to say what will come, but I'd say a 'Real' Pic of the day, OR Friday's pic (since it would be very late) will be that of a new/vetaran character, so that's Always great.

peachy!

super princess
Well, with Tropical Freeze just released and the fact that it’s Valentine’s—which Sakurai acknowledged on his post—it’s safe to assume that the upcoming Nintendo Direct will showcase Diddy & Dixie.

I really hope that is not the case, though. Sakurai is extremely unpredictable, and he’s not one to hint at something this way. Ugh. If only he wasn’t such a troll, we would not be going crazy trying to figure out what will go down later today in the Nintendo Direct.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Up tilt? Isn't Peach's up tilt the move where she makes hearts appear.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So....the female I want the most in Smash 4 is gonna be a tag team with a veteran?

I hope not.
What's wrong with tag teams?

I've always supported the idea of a Diddy/Dixie combo. They make more sense as a pair instead of taking up 2 separate roster slots IMO.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Up smash is ribbon.

My guess would be that this is actually her new up tilt or a background element behind her.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Up tilt? Isn't Peach's up tilt the move where she makes hearts appear.
It was a miscommunication; I mistook the f-tilt for the u-tilt (or something).

Just to sort this all out:

U-Tilt - Hearts
F-Tilt - Cabaret Kick
U-Smash - Ribbon Twirl
U-Air (?) - Rainbow Beam

This appears to be the case, until confirmed otherwise.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It may actually be her new Up Air. I mean, Sakurai doesn't seem happy about people peeking up their dresses, and that attack was MADE to peek up her... dress. Like, a lot. So it would make sense.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well, tag teams are already overpowered in the first place, just look at ICs and Olimar in brawl...
The difference is, I'd expect, that only one of the two Kongs would be playable at a time. So, much as in DKC2, you'd have your "active" Kong, and the "passive" Kong would tag along on the background plane, unable to interact with the playing field. At the press of a button (Down B, Taunts), the two Kongs would switch places between the background and fighting planes, reversing roles.

The passive Kong would be much like a background Nana. Though I could see the passive Kong interact for certain moves or circumstances (grabs, recovery, Final Smash, etc.).

Also, we need a new name for our duo. Diddixie, or Dixiddy? I'll leave this to the people.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The difference is, I'd expect, that only one of the two Kongs would be playable at a time. So, much as in DKC2, you'd have your "active" Kong, and the "passive" Kong would tag along on the background plane, unable to interact with the playing field. At the press of a button (Down B, Taunts), the two Kongs would switch places between the background and fighting planes, reversing roles.

The passive Kong would be much like a background Nana. Though I could see the passive Kong interact for certain moves or circumstances (grabs, recovery, Final Smash, etc.).

Also, we need a new name for our duo. Diddixie, or Dixiddy? I'll leave this to the people.
Dddiddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom