• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It definitely looks like a new Uair for Peach. I can't see any other info for it.

And for now, hopes dropped for Dixie. We're most likely getting Just Diddy fo the Direct. If we get anyone else ill be surprised

i dont see how this drops hope for the likelihood of them being revealed as a pair character. which imo was always the most likely.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Peach U-Air?
Dang that's pretty. Makes me mad that Sakurai hasn't released more gameplay footage.

All these new visual touches are going to make for entertaining matches...either that or seizures...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Well, I'd be shocked if we didn't get anything tomorrow.. the "Challenger Approaching" disappeared.

Oh, and Sakurai referenced the Direct in his update.

The only question is whether it's Diddy, Dixie, Diddy and Dixie, or (very small chance given he has no known role in DKCTF) K Rool.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
You know guys, some of us have slower connections and older computers. Could you make somewhere over the rainbow jokes with words instead of images and embedded videos? This happens in this thread a lot, and it seriously makes it hard to browse the thread as my computer lags like crazy when trying to load a million images and videos all at once so it's doubly frustrating when it turns out they're just lame jokes and not actual content of merit.

That move looks really awesome though; Sakurai's comment makes it clear we're getting some kind of reveal in the direct (the only question is the magnitude of the reveal), and it's nice he gave us a legitimately high quality picture as the "extra" one tonight. Assuming that's up air (and it seems like it is to me), that looks like a much better up air than Peach's current one with that great spatial coverage. We obviously don't know how quickly it animates, but I'm optimistic it's going to be a nice buff for Peach players. Actually, I can't even begin to play Peach properly; should I say I'm pessimistic instead?

Dairz

Smash Ace
So people think since DKC:TF comes out today, and because it's Valentines Day, we're gonna get Diddy + Dixie?
Psshhhh.

It very obviously is actually the tag team of:

+

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I hate rainbows.

/grumble
I would've thought you'd be one of the ones who loved rainbows the most, Issy. ¦D

If ya know what I mean. ¦3

Anyways, this updates definitely has me in stitches. Today is going to be a VERY entertaining day. XD

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's valentine's day, the day of happiness and Couples kissing! <3

It will be playable Cranky, and he will spend 20 minutes of the Direct complaining about Valentine.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It is said that rainbows are hidden within Peach's gloves. ...Doesn't have the same effect.

Might be her up tilt, but with different animations. I guess that would make it a changed move, though?
I know her up smash now has a ribbon effect to it.

Edit: Oh. her up tilt in SSB4 apparently stayed the same as in Brawl.

----

Last edited:

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
I'm calling it now: Diddy + Dixie is confirmed for Smash during the Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

Or it could be something else.:troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ohhh! pretty colours.

This game is too fabulous for me.

Anyway, I'm hoping the rainbow is a new move. If so, then it will give me hope that other unconfirmed vets will receive some new moves, and I'm hoping characters like Ganon and Falco will be given some unique moves.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Hoping for K. Rool, expecting a Diddy/Dixie combo. It seems weird to me to take a character who worked fine as a standalone fighter before and tack another one onto him, but at the same time... it makes a lot of sense? I don't know how I feel about it. I will be a bit bummed to lose Diddy's bananas, if that's the case, but at the same time, if Dixie has a unique moveset, we're still getting a brand new fighter, which is hard to complain about! Maybe they will switch via taunt? That would be ideal. I guess we'll see! Either way, I'm excited!

This is the one occasion where I will not slam people for being whiny, entitled snots if nothing is revealed tomorrow :p ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! Aaaaaand also off to bed! I JUST HOPE I CAN GET TO SLEEP WITH ALL OF THIS HYPE COURSING THROUGH MY VEINS D8

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is the one occasion where I will not slam people for being whiny, entitled snots if nothing is revealed tomorrow :p ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! Aaaaaand also off to bed! I JUST HOPE I CAN GET TO SLEEP WITH ALL OF THIS HYPE COURSING THROUGH MY VEINS D8
If you have troubles, try leeches.

You know guys, some of us have slower connections and older computers. Could you make somewhere over the rainbow jokes with words instead of images and embedded videos? This happens in this thread a lot, and it seriously makes it hard to browse the thread as my computer lags like crazy when trying to load a million images and videos all at once so it's doubly frustrating when it turns out they're just lame jokes and not actual content of merit.

That move looks really awesome though; Sakurai's comment makes it clear we're getting some kind of reveal in the direct (the only question is the magnitude of the reveal), and it's nice he gave us a legitimately high quality picture as the "extra" one tonight. Assuming that's up air (and it seems like it is to me), that looks like a much better up air than Peach's current one with that great spatial coverage. We obviously don't know how quickly it animates, but I'm optimistic it's going to be a nice buff for Peach players. Actually, I can't even begin to play Peach properly; should I say I'm pessimistic instead?
Thank you. Like 99.999% of y'all are not funny; humor in here is dryer than an ass crack in the Sahara.

As for this move, it looks really sick, but I liked the Peach Scissor kick, that is assuming it's an aerial. I really don't know what the **** it is really. We just gotta wait and see.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
It is said that rainbows are hidden within Peach's gloves. ...Doesn't have the same effect.

Might be her up tilt, but with different animations. I guess that would make it a changed move, though?
I know her up smash now has a ribbon effect to it.

----
Scrapping her heart moves would be odd for Peach, even if she didnt have it in Melee. And that ribbon for Up Smash seems Of enough relevance to me to say it didnt go anyway. I saw that this is her new Uair. Perhaps theyre utilizing more magic for Peach

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, no Diddy? I'm surprised. I guess this confirms that he will appear in the Direct then.

Peach can now summon rainbows huh? neat.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Also, as a gay man who hates Peach, I am very conflicted by this new development in her moveset :p

OK GOODNIGHT. *lays in bed restlessly*

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Dixie and Diddy were supposed to be "one" character since Brawl, but the dev team couldn't make them work properly. So... I am not sure why people are so surprised if they decided to try making Dixie and Diddy work one more time. Perhaps this time, with better hardware and more knowledge, they managed to make them work. It is simple.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So Rosalina has hidden galaxies and Peach has hidden rainbows...

Is Sakurai trying to tell us something here? ¦D

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dixie and Diddy were supposed to be "one" character since Brawl, but the dev team couldn't make them work properly. So... I am not sure why people are so surprised if they decided to try making Dixie and Diddy work one more time. Perhaps this time, with better hardware and more knowledge, they managed to make them work. It is simple.
They don't have better hardware on the 3DS. Sakurai has stated he had problems with paired characters (presumably Ice Climbers) in the past. Why ruin a perfectly fine moveset for something extremely difficult to develop?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This is the same routine that happened before Rosalina was revealed right? Bout Peach promoting the upcoming stream, then newcomer reveal So I'm more convinced it's indeed a newcomer to come, but I still am not getting my hopes up.

D

Deleted member

They don't have better hardware on the 3DS. Sakurai has stated he had problems with paired characters (presumably Ice Climbers) in the past. Why ruin a perfectly fine moveset for something extremely difficult to develop?
Need I remind you Rosalina & Luma exist? The concept he made with them is significantly more difficult than Diddy/Dixie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom