• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's good to come back from holidays to see an informative pic of the day!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There's probably going to be a Direct this month, but I doubt it's going to be as big as the one last year, since the December Direct was pretty huge.

jarma5

Smash Rookie
There's probably going to be a Direct this month, but I doubt it's going to be as big as the one last year, since the December Direct was pretty huge.
don't think so since nintendo did the january direct because they were in a panic, I think the december direct was supposed to be the new direct for the time being.

D

Deleted member

For trophies, I really hope some series like Wario and Kid Icarus won't be under-represented this time.

And will also be done more right for others like Zelda and Donkey Kong.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Saria trophy? Eh.

I honestly find the trophies kind of pointless. Oh well. Smash staple and all that.

At least she looks adorable as always, though.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well I had a feeling that trophies were going to get the stages treatment. Can't say I'm too happy about splitting the Nintendo universe in half. There's a lot of things from both the hadhelds and consoles that I'd like to see featured in one whole game. I mean Smash Bros. is a series where all things Nintendo collide. Dividing a lot of the things we adore is sort of painful.

I'm still hoping for a way to transfer data between the two. Like stage music. I want to be able to hear the theme from Spirit Tracks on my Wii U!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll be interesting to see how the trophy system will work out this time. Though I will wonder if things like the Pokemon will be referenced on the Wii U and the 3DS.

Of course, any Wii U references might just be limited to the Pokemon who actually appear in Super Smash Bros. U, along with Poke Park, Battle Revolution, XD, Colosseum, and the two Stadium titles. So we might not see much with the 6th generation Pokemon, but the first five generations will probably get more attention.

The 3DS version will most likely hog most of the mega evolution and 6th generation Pokemon trophies for itself.

XtreamDarkRyu

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-8318-2992
This week went by quickly for me. I spent it cleaning a parking lot for 7 days straight because of the snow storm. Incidentally I made so much overtime that I can finally afford a Wii u and some games to hold me over till sm4sh finally comes out

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Updated the first post. Though for some reason it wants EVERY LINE OF JANUARY to be in a separate spoiler, and I don't know how to fix it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Updated the first post. Though for some reason it wants EVERY LINE OF JANUARY to be in a separate spoiler, and I don't know how to fix it.
Tip: Disable the rich text editor on your preference settings. The rich text editor has a nasty habit of creating unnecessary tags that can mess up your posts. However, you will have to type in the tags manually.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Tip: Disable the rich text editor on your preference settings. The rich text editor has a nasty habit of creating unnecessary tags that can mess up your posts. However, you will have to type in the tags manually.
In my thread that lists the confirmed aspects of the game, I can't seem to change the thread's title. Did you or another moderator change this thread's title?

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Regarding trophies, I just hope they don't bring the coin launcher back. So aggravating and time-consuming.

As for a 2014 release, sounds wonderful to me. If the game's ready to be released, then the sooner the better.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In my thread that lists the confirmed aspects of the game, I can't seem to change the thread's title. Did you or another moderator change this thread's title?
The staff members are still trying to reinstall the features that were around before the update. Renaming your own threads by editing the primary post hasn't been reinstalled at the moment.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Regarding trophies, I just hope they don't bring the coin launcher back. So aggravating and time-consuming.

As for a 2014 release, sounds wonderful to me. If the game's ready to be released, then the sooner the better.
Seriously? The Slot machine from Melee sucked donkey balls.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The staff members are still trying to reinstall the features that were around before the update. Renaming your own threads by editing the primary post hasn't been reinstalled at the moment.
I get it. Guess I will have to wait until that feature is re-implemented. Thanks!

Regarding the Trophies, I would like it better if the mini-game to get new trophies was something new instead of re-using the Lottery from Melee or the Coin Launcher from Brawl.

I also hope they don't do it like Brawl and recycle models from previous games. I mean, they can recycle models from recent games, but at least, make new models, if necessary, for the older characters, like they did in Melee. Take the Fire Emblem series, for example, I can expect Marth's series to have trophies in both versions, while the Jugdral and Tellius sagas get represented in the Wii U version, while the Elibe saga, Sacred Stones and Awakening get trophies on the 3DS version. What I don't want is the Wii U version being cluttered with Tellius saga trophies and the 3DS version mostly getting Awakening trophies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
You'll have to fix up your post manually. Once you've done that, with the rich text editor disabled, you won't have to worry about the tags getting in your way again.
That's what I did the first time, but I figured it out. I had to move the spoiler tags on the outside of all the other tags.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? The Slot machine from Melee sucked donkey balls.
It sucked less "donkey balls" then the coin launcher did. At least you could just put coins into the thing and boom, there's your trophy. Not have to deal with the hassle of an awful minigame. They could leave both out for all I care, though. Hopefully replace them with something that will give me more incentive to want to try and collect trophies.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
We just got two characters in one month. You still aren't satisfied?

After a well deserved week off from posting updates, getting some new information on the content of the game is quite welcoming. It could have been a generic picture of just Kirby for a head of Samus again...or Luigi's nose.

It could have been a lot worse, so yes I'm satisfied. I'm thankful we're getting pics at all.
It also could've been alot better. A week is still a week. Also, I don't dwell on the past, so I'm not even going to go into the previous two characters. The fact remains that a week is still a week.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It sucked less "donkey balls" then the coin launcher did. At least you could just put coins into the thing and boom, there's your trophy. Not have to deal with the hassle of an awful minigame. They could leave both out for all I care, though. Hopefully replace them with something that will give me more incentive to want to try and collect trophies.
The main problem with the lottery is that it becomes way more luck-based as your trophy collection grows. The coin launcher actually has you making an effort with collecting new trophies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Trophies confirmed nice and this is the worlds first miiverse picture that's not a gameplay picture so a picture of the menu might happen eventually. Sweetness

And as for characters whoever that is deconfirmed.

And what was with the OMG roy? he's not confirmed

Last edited:

No Control

Smash Apprentice
The updates seem to improve in quality and consistency with each passing month. I'm beginning to think we're looking at 2 characters per month, if not every month then most months, from here on out. There are still gonna be 15-20 more Brawl veterans and 5-10 more newcomers (though of course not all will necessarily be revealed on the site before release), so there's plenty to reveal, and the game's release is getting closer and closer.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
What's going to be revealed on January 21st? That's the 15th anniversary of the Japanese release day of Smash 64! Has it really been 15 years?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
It also could've been alot better. A week is still a week. Also, I don't dwell on the past, so I'm not even going to go into the previous two characters. The fact remains that a week is still a week.
Sakurai took a break because it was the New Year. It wasn't meant to lead up to anything spectacular. He took the break to recuperate, not to get everybody hyped. Quit acting so entitled.

What's going to be revealed on January 21st? That's the 15th anniversary of the Japanese release day of Smash 64! Has it really been 15 years?
Smash Bros. will be revealed for Smash Bros. on that day. :troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sakurai took a break because it was the New Year. It wasn't meant to lead up to anything spectacular. He took the break to recuperate, not to get everybody hyped. Quit acting so entitled.

Smash Bros. will be revealed for Smash Bros. on that day. :troll:
And now he's might be starting to reveal non gameplay pictures now and characters might be reveal more often due to near the release date

Ps any one want to guess this week we get king dedede or meta knight for kirby triple deluxe

Last edited:

vicgur

Smash Ace
Today's picture is the first non-gameplay image we see since the game was announced.
I'm glad Sakurai started to tackle the game's features. I hope he'll show more of that on the next few months.

Can't wait to see the 3DS/Wii U connection feature, Mr. Sakurai!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom