• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't beg for likes.

If you say something funny or cool, it will happen naturally.

Just don't beg...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah no like-begging, it will annoy people. Like Swampasaur said it comes naturally if you say something funny or cool. But you pretty much got the message by now. ^_^

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Maybe it's the aftermath of a forward tilt, his arm seems to be coming back from something. Plus, we only know his Up Tilt: the shoryuken
EDIT: I meant we only know one of his tilt moves, the Up Tilt
Forward tilt -Shooting while running
Down tilt-Slide
Not that either is officially confirmed but it makes sense given what we know.

To me the pose looks like an animation for if you stand idle for really long or, similar to what you said, an optional animation for after one of his attacks (like how in metal slug if you fire a bunch with the pistol and then don't do anything, they'll reload). Or it could just be a taunt like most people have been saying.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Forward tilt -Shooting while running
Down tilt-Slide
Not that either is officially confirmed but it makes sense given what we know.

To me the pose looks like an animation for if you stand idle for really long or, similar to what you said, an optional animation for after one of his attacks (like how in metal slug if you fire a bunch with the pistol and then don't do anything, they'll reload). Or it could just be a taunt like most people have been saying.
I guess, I just wanted to bring this up since nobody noticed the fact that we haven't seen gameplay with this animation yet, also his dash attack is the Mega Buster so maybe this could still be a Forward Tilt

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
You'd think for someone claimed to be a genius, Dr. Light would know that gold is more conductive than copper. Or maybe Proto Man is made out of gold circuits and thats why he has a fatal power drain issue :/

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Wrong site. This isn't Facebook or YouTube.
Regardless of the setting, if someone ever utters/types/writes the phrase "like if," they have fundamentally misunderstood the concept of liking something.

EDIT: Seems I was more than a little late on this one. The guy learned his lesson... wait someone learned something on the internet and decided to become a better person instead of arguing the point endlessly?! What is the world coming to?!

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
You'd think for someone claimed to be a genius, Dr. Light would know that gold is more conductive than copper. Or maybe Proto Man is made out of gold circuits and thats why he has a fatal power drain issue :/
He's a genius on a budget.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I guess, I just wanted to bring this up since nobody noticed the fact that we haven't seen gameplay with this animation yet, also his dash attack is the Mega Buster so maybe this could still be a Forward Tilt
His dash attack appears to be Top Spin. His F-Smash is a Charge Shot and F-Tilt is the lemons Mega Buster.

Personally, I'm guessing it's an idle animation or taunt.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Don't beg for likes.

If you say something funny or cool, it will happen naturally.

Just don't beg...
You can count on me for now on, cuz it won't happen again.
The best way to get likes is to derp around in the social thread
Just DERP or post a meme that is funny and relates to the topic in the social threads. You are bound to get a few likes...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Honestly, there's 123 updates left in 2013; I will personally give Sakurai a trophy the size of a small child if he's able to stall for that long with the little information he currently has. All the characters and all the stages that were shown at E3 have been shown in at least one daily update.
They haven't shown all of the special moves and attacks of all the characters, so I guess there's that.

But even showing more moves for WFT and Villager, the unseen moves for remaining cast members (e.g. Pikachu's neutral B, Fox's blaster, Final Smashes, taunts, etc.), Smash Ball and any unseen parts of the revealed stages would be stretching it quite a bit. Of course, that would still be preferable to just showing Pikachu's butt or something.

If he doesn't show us any items, Pokeball Pokemon, ATs, new stages, or parts of the story mode, much less any new characters before the end of the year it would be shocking.

I would be surprised if we don't get anything when the Nintendo Directs come out.

And it's fair to be annoyed at him teasing us. I'd rather we get only one picture a week or less than that if it would at least show something we haven't seen every time. Even if it's not amazing information (like, showing new parts of the 3DS Mario stage, the return of some staple items, etc.).

Personally, I feel that a better approach would be to reveal new information on a schedule. Like every Friday, we're guaranteed to get something new revealed (an item, a piece of music, a stage, a special attack, information about modes, or a new character). Builds up anticipation without causing so much disappointment.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If they do ever announce a new character through the website/Miiverse(which I doubt but who knows), I think it'd be cool if for the pick of the day he just posted the new "a new challenger is approaching" screen, and then the NEXT day they reveal the character, because I'm all about the hype, and the new challenger screen always makes my heart skip a beat. Or maybe just have the pick of the day be the new challenge approaching screen the day before a Nintendo direct, since he seems to want to introduce characters via video. Either way I think it'd be cool if we knew for certain there was a character about to be revealed, but just didn't know who.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
If they do ever announce a new character through the website/Miiverse(which I doubt but who knows), I think it'd be cool if for the pick of the day he just posted the new "a new challenger is approaching" screen, and then the NEXT day they reveal the character, because I'm all about the hype, and the new challenger screen always makes my heart skip a beat. Or maybe just have the pick of the day be the new challenge approaching screen the day before a Nintendo direct, since he seems to want to introduce characters via video. Either way I think it'd be cool if we knew for certain there was a character about to be revealed, but just didn't know who.
That is an AMAZING idea!!!

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I think a new challenger approaching pic of the day would be kind of cruel, if anything I would like a hard to make out silhouette of the character to make the fans speculate and guess the newcomer.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I think a new challenger approaching pic of the day would be kind of cruel, if anything I would like a hard to make out silhouette of the character to make the fans speculate and guess the newcomer.
Maybe the silhouette would be the thumbnail for a reveal trailer on the site? That would be pretty hype-worthy!

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who spotted that Hidden Mickey? Forget Pac-Man, Mickey Mouse confirmed.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
The placing of "Pikmin" before "Olimar" seems to confirm that we are not getting a Pikmin 3 representative (Alph/Brittany/Charlie).

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I am both happy to get new info and also in the back of my mind I am upset because now I know it will be even harder to resist staying up to see the updates.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I wonder how often can we suspect these type of reveals and will there be reveals like this for stages and items

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Let's assume we have maybe 35 characters to go (being extremely optimistic). If they announce one character each week it would take about 9 months, not counting interruptions by stage and mode announcements. If Sakurai has compassion he will up the update frequency from once a month to once a week. He could go about a year and still not reveal everything in the game. Unless he really thinks giving us an entire month of Olimar screenshots is a good idea.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
By the way something tells me we'll get a update c.a. every month or 2 months, cuz it's a month ago since we've got the latest update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom