• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So that's how you guys do it? Haha, I'm behind the times in a few ways it turns out; thanks for the info.

What's even worse is that I did that and then saw that the Wii Fit Trainer board had done it and even had picked out bair (which is like a super fast version of Snake's) from the off-screen footage. Somehow chugging away at video analysis seemed like the most efficient way to sort out this screenshot, beyond hitting the internet and trying to keep track of what anyone else was doing.

No idea what others are using, but Jiffybot is fast and simple.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I agree with him a little, I do think he needs to start doing dojo uppdates again, maybe not as long.I miss even reading the small updates like we must recover. It gave e something to read about the game.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I agree with him a little, I do think he needs to start doing dojo uppdates again, maybe not as long.I miss even reading the small updates like we must recover. It gave e something to read about the game.
Still HE SHOULD NOT use the terminology "I am going to go over there and personally poop on his shoe". Add this to the fact that he sounded particularly angry and immature in his reply. He needs to change his reply so he sounds more appropriate for this thread.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hyperbole is a common way of indicating emotion in a humorous fashion.

"I'm going to go over there and personally poop in his shoe" is more socially acceptable than "I hate that ****ing guy for doing this" or simply stating "I am upset with this current turn of events". It lacks flavor to simply say "I am mad" or "This upsets me" and hyperbole is a good way of expressing emotion without indicating severity.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Are you suggesting this move might work like Marth's dancing blade?
Well there's another possibility right there...
It's not what I wrote BUT it did cross my mind while writting it.I wonder how it would differ from Marth and this is how I think it could:

Marth is a succetion of 4 hits that you can change as you desire (Normal,Up,Down),WFT's one could be longer and maybe stronger,but would have be precise and difficult.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If he shows one more stupid picture of nothing going on I will personally go over there and poop in his shoe.
Wow dude, it's okay to be frustrated, but no need to take it to the extreme, we don't want any stinky feet now do we?

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai, Spirit Bomb is supposed to go ABOVE the character, not in front if them.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

"I'm going to go over there and personally poop in his shoe" is more socially acceptable than "I hate that ****ing guy for doing this" or simply stating "I am upset with this current turn of events". It lacks flavor to simply say "I am mad" or "This upsets me" and hyperbole is a good way of expressing emotion without indicating severity.
Well the humor in his reply definitely escapes me. From how I read his reply he sounded condescending and immature. If he was possible using a hyperbole then that definitely escapes me so I still say what he said was very inappropriate and he should change his reply but I suggest we stop talking about this it is way off topic.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
so thats a no on the pikachu thing oh well i can dream wait a minute we dont know what the smas ball uses it could be that im out of ideas now
I don't normally say anything about grammar, because typos and oversights are easy to make, but did a comma and a period team up to kill your parents or something?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well the humor in his reply definitely escapes me. From how I read his reply he sounded condescending and immature. If he was possible using a hyperbole then that definitely escapes me so I still say what he said was very inappropriate and he should change his reply but I suggest we stop talking about this it is way off topic.

I didn't say he was good at it.

If it escapes you that he was using hyperbole though... you must know some interesting people. You actually thought he was going to fly to japan and poop in someone's shoe?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I really doubt that the "sun" in the picture is actually just the sun on the stage.

It would be very annoying to get that kind of lens flare on the stage during play (I suppose they could limit it to when you pause and change the angles, but meh) and it extends quite far in front of WFT's body.

Also, would Sakurai call it mysterious if it was just the sun? I suppose he might :troll:
The sixth screenshot on the website (the first one in the second row) appears to be some kind of special move finishing up, perhaps a cartwheel or something. You see three victims all in hitstun which means that no other character could have done that, and Wii Fit Trainer is in a "victory" pose that suggests she's finishing a special move (or taunting I suppose) but that doesn't resemble any of her moves shown in videos. The stage is "Final Destination" and seems almost certain not to have hazards, and I can't even imagine what kind of item could have hit the other characters like that.

So before today's screenshot, we had seen her whole moveset other than one special move, bair, and nair. This is a move done on the ground with a pose she hadn't been seen to take before and a graphic effect that's too big to be "nothing". I suspect this is her fourth special move; the mechanics of it are very hard to guess. We've already seen her final smash as well so we're really just waiting on bair and nair now, and we'll have seen her whole moveset.
I'd hardly say that we've seen three of her specials on the basis of that one picture, which if anything, only shows the aftermath of a special attack.

We know the hula hoop and the volleyball. The other two specials could be anything. This could be one of WFT's moves, or it could be an item, or it could be someone else's move. I think those are the main possibilities. It might be a bit more likely to be WFT's move given that it doesn't seem to be damaging her.

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
I didn't say he was good at it.

If it escapes you that he was using hyperbole though... you must know some interesting people. You actually thought he was going to fly to japan and poop in someone's shoe?
Well, thats one for the Bucket List, right under fly to Europe and buy a Reliant Robin

Rave925

Smash Apprentice

Shove this meme up you lily white a** and go away. We really don't need your condescending crap in this thread. Now either you edit your reply to this thread within the next 24 hours or I call a mod and they do it for you.

I'm giving you 24 hours because I am a very nice person. Hopefully you will see the error of your ways and better yourself for your future endeavors. And don't worry we are all very forgiving people.
Simply change your reply and all will be forgiven, we will all act like adults, and we will all treat each other with respect. I will even personally like your reply if you change it to assert your opinion in a much more respectable manner.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Lol you sound like a preacher. The errors of my ways? Are you trying to instill morals in me or something? I have an idea, ignore my post and hop off bro. And I'm being nice. How about you apologize to me for sounding like a little biachhh and all will be forgiven. Have a nice day respectable person.

Rave925

Smash Apprentice

Thank you for getting that I was simply joking. Why so serious? People have to stop being drama queens about a game lol. If I really wanted to poop in someones shoe, I think that would make me mentally challenged, not immature

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie
He's doing what Samus did in Brawl with her taunt where she opens up her arm cannon and reveals all the detail inside.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Today's Caption!

I don't know if anybody has noticed this yet so I will point it out. I think the design for new Battlefield was inspired by the Parthenon but that's just a wild guess what do you guys think?

Lastly the last thing I noticed

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
MegaMan is such a show-off in this picture.

"You see that high-tech morphing Arm Cannon I bought at Light and co.? Super cool,huh? I hope you know what cool means...It also cost me a lot of money,if you can't see how much it cost me,wich wouldn't be a surprise,it cost me an arm HAHAHAHA!!"

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie
It's easy to draw parallels between the Battlefield and ancient ruins, it's surrounded by ancient ruins. So I would say yeah, in that it's supposed to be an Antiquity era ruins-style place.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
MegaMan is such a show-off in this picture.

"You see that high-tech morphing Arm Cannon I bought at Light and co.? Super cool,huh? I hope you know what cool means...It also cost me a lot of money,if you can't see how much it cost me,wich wouldn't be a surprise,it cost me an arm HAHAHAHA!!"

... Seriously dude I found that joke very corny. But If anyone else finds it funny then more props to you. I just had to do this though because I thought it would look good on the "lame joke eel" meme.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Lol you sound like a preacher. The errors of my ways? Are you trying to instill morals in me or something? I have an idea, ignore my post and hop off bro. And I'm being nice. How about you apologize to me for sounding like a little biachhh and all will be forgiven. Have a nice day respectable person.

Alright fine. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Still though regardless if you were using a hyperbole or not you sounded very childish and immature as if you were whining about not getting your way with these updates for SSB4. Next time I see a comment like yours I'll try to see the hyperbole in it. From my point of view saying stuff like "I will go over there and poop on his shoe" sounds not only immature but it definitely does not sound like a joke to me. Of course yeah you would not be able to fly over to Japan and do that but I don't think that takes away from the principle that it sounds like a harassment more than a hyperbole. Add this with the way your attitude sounded when you wrote your reply saying stuff like "How long have I been waiting for SSB4? OH YEAH! A long time!" then you sound impatient like a whining child. And that's what I perceived your reply to be. And lastly calling me a b*tch doesn't help you case either it just makes you sound like even less of an adult. I do suggest though we leave this behind us now. I made my apology, I don't need one from you though. We're done here.

And in all honesty, I would probably be one of the worst people to be able to tell a hyperbole from a harassment, because I have been bullied and harassed almost my entire life, but I don't need to go into the details of that...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm a little annoyed with how people are acting on Miiverse and outright demanding new information in droves as if they're going to personally storm Sakurai's house if he doesn't release anything soon. Honestly, there's 123 updates left in 2013; I will personally give Sakurai a trophy the size of a small child if he's able to stall for that long with the little information he currently has. All the characters and all the stages that were shown at E3 have been shown in at least one daily update. Granted, there's still a plethora of combinations that Sakurai could do with these that shoot into the thousands that would make him the ultimate troll if he did but, given past behavior and comments, I think he's actually afraid of making the fanbase too angry with his actions.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, we're guaranteed at least 3 Nintendo Directs by the end of the year... I feel like a lot of people are forgetting this too. Granted, it doesn't mean that anything significant will be shown but it does up the chances that we'll get at least something new before the calendar turns over.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you, but looking to what Sakurai all do for us, I really appreciate it! I think Sakurai really exert every effort to make sure we'll be satisfied.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The amount of **** this man has to go through from very needy fans and how he tries to keep himself cool and not let them control him does make me really respect this man.

Props to Sakurai.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Also, we're guaranteed at least 3 Nintendo Directs by the end of the year... I feel like a lot of people are forgetting this too. Granted, it doesn't mean that anything significant will be shown but it does up the chances that we'll get at least something new before the calendar turns over.
We are? I'm sure you have one but source?

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
These people need to pipe down. They should be grateful Sakurai is taking time out of his work/family time to deliver us pictures everyday. He isn't required to do this, he is doing it out of the generosity of his heart. I enjoy looking and speculating at the new pictures he releases everyday. He is a very intelligent man and I believe he is building hype. After a month or so a pictures, boom one picture of Sonic out of nowhere.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sakurai is taking these pictures during his lunchbreak. so it's not exactly as he is working or being with his family and all. But yeah, he's pretty much just doing this to give the fans something to look at in the meantime as he and his team work on the game. He could have pretty much done like any other developer and not show anything at all during development so I think its a pretty nice thing of him to do this as he is working on the game.

Sure it's not something very exciting but its still nice.

I'm sure he will show us some actual new things at a later date. Maybe during a Nintendo Direct perhaps but for now its best if you don't expect anything besides some snapshots he takes during his lunchbreak.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We are? I'm sure you have one but source?
Educated guess really. There's going to be one before the release of the Wonderful 101/Wind Waker HD (already announced but date TBD), one before the Holiday Season (pretty much a given), and it's very likely that we're going to get one shortly before New Year's to preview a number of the 2014 releases for both the 3DS and Wii U.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Love the way Mega Man's arm cannons open and change. One of my favorite parts of the trailer. Love this design. <3

Time spent not updating a website is time spent working on the game. That's fine by me. How many games get daily screenshots during development anyway?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
A lot of people are going all wide eyed at the detail in Megaman's arms but what move actually requires this animation? Or is it a taunt?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
It seems like a taunt if you take a good look to his pose.
Maybe it's the aftermath of a forward tilt, his arm seems to be coming back from something. Plus, we only know his Up Tilt: the shoryuken
EDIT: I meant we only know one of his tilt moves, the Up Tilt

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's the aftermath of a forward tilt, his arm seems to be coming back from something. Plus, we only know his Up Tilt: the shoryuken
EDIT: I meant we only know one of his tilt moves, the Up Tilt
Well, everything is possible. I mean in this pic, his arm can be changed for some matter as you said, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom