• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowRegulus

Smash Rookie
"Sun Salutation" isn't a particular yoga pose - it's actually a sequence of poses. Downward Facing Dog is actually part of it.

The pic of the day is probably a Dark Souls "Praise the Sun!" joke. I imagine the ball of light has nothing to do with the pose that the Trainer is making -- it's likely something else, used in conjunction with the pose to make a humorous image, like many of Sakurai's uploads.

I could be wrong, though.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai: 'It's...ALMOST.......DONE.........'

You only have to give Sakurai more energy(likes) to finish it, so we can get some new update for Smash Bros 4 (3DS/Wii U) as soon as possible. (Please do it for Sakurai!)

D

Deleted member

The solar looking ball thing........is none other than Issac from Golden Sun.

But in all seriousness, perhaps it's a new item?

Kamiko

Smash Ace
In a world where we can have nice things, that would be Ganondorf's new neutral B. But since this isn't that world, it's probably just some visual effect that doesn't really matter.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The solar looking ball thing........is none other than Issac from Golden Sun.
Would be great, and while it's super awesome to speculate and all, it'll probably just be some dissapointing item or at worst a simple effect. Though Sakurai sure does want us to speculate given his quote, so I'm gonna cross fingers for the best case scenario being Isaac.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
First post updated.

Now, I've never actually played Golden Sun or any of the other game(s) that follow, so can someone tell me how this would hint at Isaac? The only thing I know about him is that he shoots out giant hands in Brawl.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
That's actually a possibility,nice idea.
I wonder why it's yellow though,maybe it's about to explode.

Could these two be connected ?
I don't think that makes much sense.
On one hand if we look at today's picture the hitbox or placement of the solar move Wii fit trainer is doing is in front of her. All these characters are tumbling behind her. So I guess the only real explanation that could link these two pictures together is if the move Wii Fit Trainer is doing does work like Din's Fire.

P&W

Smash Rookie
At first I thought Link was shooting light arrows at her or something, but then I realized: Guys. Battlefield changes at night. Just like Smashville. If she really is making Sun Salutation, there's no doubt about it. The camera is at an angle so one can see the Sun...gasp...IN THE WEST! Against a dark background, the nighttime.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Thank goodness for this thread, I kind of dropped my game pad and broke it ps: anyone know where I can get a new one:urg: jus t msg me if you do

Steelia

Smash Champion
The light looks like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt used in midair, now with fancier lens flare effects. Pikachu does not want the Spirit Bomb to be completed.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
If that is the same move from both pictures I wonder if this could be part of the customization feature we may get. The way Sakurai talked about it I can only assume aesthetics were involved with giving attacks different visual affects.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I don't think that makes much sense.On one hand if we look at today's picture the hitbox or placement of the solar move Wii fit trainer is doing is in front of her. All these characters are tumbling behind her. So I guess the only real explanation that could link these two pictures together is if the move Wii Fit Trainer is doing does work like Din's Fire.
Or,as stupid as it might look,what if it wasn't even a projectile?
The transition from pose to pose would make her go foward.It could either be powerful or her ennemies had a lot of damage.It might look stupid but,let's be honest,that's pretty much how all her attacks look.
If I had to guess something else…could be a special that sends backward,we haven't had that yet I think.
I guess Sakurai wisely chose his words,Mysterious...

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
ever notice tha t smash bros pikachu is similar to anime pikachu so mabey its electro ball

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At first I thought Link was shooting light arrows at her or something, but then I realized: Guys. Battlefield changes at night. Just like Smashville. If she really is making Sun Salutation, there's no doubt about it. The camera is at an angle so one can see the Sun...gasp...IN THE WEST! Against a dark background, the nighttime.
That's quite an odd sun, not only in how it looks, but it clearly overlaps WFT from the angle we see it.

As for all the people suggesting it has to do with Pikachu, Sakurai states it has to do with solar power in his message of the day, not electricity.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
or mega man charge shot or a assist trophy or dare i say it a new item

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
or mega man charge shot or a assist trophy or dare i say it a new item
Mega Man's charge shot looks different, and again, isn't solar power. Could be from an AT, and even an effect from something as simple as an item too.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Mega Man's charge shot looks different, and again, isn't solar power. Could be from an AT, and even an effect from something as simple as an item too.
so thats a no on the pikachu thing oh well i can dream wait a minute we dont know what the smas ball uses it could be that im out of ideas now

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just mapped out the Wii Fit Trainer's moveset based on the two videos we have of her.

Jab combo: 6:32 in developer direct. It's a basic three hit jab combo with two arm pokes and a knee as jab 2.
Ftilt: 6:34 in developer direct. It's a yoga pose with her standing on one leg with the other pulled behind her while she pokes forward with an arm.
Utilt: 6:35 in developer direct. She touches a toe with one arm while stretching the other straight up.
Dtilt: 6:36 in developer direct. She kinda rolls on the ground in a very painful looking stretch that pushes both knees forward.
Fsmash: Shown several times (all smashes quickly shown in 0:32 to 0:34 of reveal trailer). It's her most shown pose in which she stretches an arm straight forward while the other is held straight back.
Usmash: She holds both hands together and pokes straight up with her arms.
Dsmash: She gets down and pokes straight forward fairly far. Yes, this one directional poke is defintely dsmash, and that could be a big disadvantage for her.
Dash attack: 0:37 in reveal trailer. She does a really unsafe looking sliding move in which she swings her arm.
Fair: 0:36 in reveal trailer, she does a 45 degree above the horizontal arm poke in the air.
Uair: 6:38 in developer direct. She curls into a fetal position and pokes straight up with her still curled legs.
Dair: 7:06 in developer direct. This is very similar looking to Captain Falcon's dair.
? special: 6:56 in developer direct. This is her doing the volleyball move. She jumps up, spawns a volleyball, and spikes it downward at a 45 degree angle.
Up special: 0:38 in reveal trailer. She does a rising hula hoop move, can be done on the ground or in the air, obviously a recovery move.

We also saw her backward roll at 6:43 in the developer direct; it looks very fast but perhaps a bit lacking on distance. The second screenshot on the website appears to be her spotdodge.

The sixth screenshot on the website (the first one in the second row) appears to be some kind of special move finishing up, perhaps a cartwheel or something. You see three victims all in hitstun which means that no other character could have done that, and Wii Fit Trainer is in a "victory" pose that suggests she's finishing a special move (or taunting I suppose) but that doesn't resemble any of her moves shown in videos. The stage is "Final Destination" and seems almost certain not to have hazards, and I can't even imagine what kind of item could have hit the other characters like that.

So before today's screenshot, we had seen her whole moveset other than one special move, bair, and nair. This is a move done on the ground with a pose she hadn't been seen to take before and a graphic effect that's too big to be "nothing". I suspect this is her fourth special move; the mechanics of it are very hard to guess. We've already seen her final smash as well so we're really just waiting on bair and nair now, and we'll have seen her whole moveset.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
AA, search reddit for Jiffybot. It's a bot that you can give times to and it can create GIFs out of a youtube video. Would make it much easier for you to make those posts ;)

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Or,as stupid as it might look,what if it wasn't even a projectile?
The transition from pose to pose would make her go foward.It could either be powerful or her ennemies had a lot of damage.It might look stupid but,let's be honest,that's pretty much how all her attacks look.
If I had to guess something else…could be a special that sends backward,we haven't had that yet I think.
I guess Sakurai wisely chose his words,Mysterious...
Are you suggesting this move might work like Marth's dancing blade?
Well there's another possibility right there...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
AA, search reddit for Jiffybot. It's a bot that you can give times to and it can create GIFs out of a youtube video. Would make it much easier for you to make those posts ;)
So that's how you guys do it? Haha, I'm behind the times in a few ways it turns out; thanks for the info.

What's even worse is that I did that and then saw that the Wii Fit Trainer board had done it and even had picked out bair (which is like a super fast version of Snake's) from the off-screen footage. Somehow chugging away at video analysis seemed like the most efficient way to sort out this screenshot, beyond hitting the internet and trying to keep track of what anyone else was doing.

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
If he shows one more stupid picture of nothing going on I will personally go over there and poop in his shoe. How long have I waited for this game? Oh yeah....A LONG TIME!! And now that they can show us pictures he's going to show us pictures of characters and poses that we've seen before? Like big deal, it's a ball of light next to the trainer, that could be so many different things! But no, I don't think it's Isaac.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Do you think he's obligated to make this game? No. Is he making this game just for you? No. Chill out. It comes in 2014. Even if it's pushed back that is a very short time to wait. Be happy you're getting a new Smash. Don't be angry you're getting no new info. These images do present some new info. Just yesterday we saw a very intereting dynamic to an already interesting stage.

Maybe that's just an item appearing? I know in one of the games there's a flash of light when an item appears.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
If he shows one more stupid picture of nothing going on I will personally go over there and poop in his shoe. How long have I waited for this game? Oh yeah....A LONG TIME!! And now that they can show us pictures he's going to show us pictures of characters and poses that we've seen before? Like big deal, it's a ball of light next to the trainer, that could be so many different things! But no, I don't think it's Isaac.

Shove this meme up you lily white a** and go away. We really don't need your condescending crap in this thread. Now either you edit your reply to this thread within the next 24 hours or I call a mod and they do it for you.

I'm giving you 24 hours because I am a very nice person. Hopefully you will see the error of your ways and better yourself for your future endeavors. And don't worry we are all very forgiving people.
Simply change your reply and all will be forgiven, we will all act like adults, and we will all treat each other with respect. I will even personally like your reply if you change it to assert your opinion in a much more respectable manner.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie

When we were waiting for Brawl news, we had to wait from E3 2006 to November just to confirm that Fox was playable.

But as someone who remembers the Dojo, which was good even when it was bad, I understand your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom