• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm confused as whether or not this is part of that 3D Land stage or a different one entirely.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I didn't play Super Mario 3d Land so could someone fill me in here. What level is that? Give me a level name, and I'll find a youtube video showing me what's in the level, but for now, I feel lost as per what to expect here. If it's just a generic 3d Land stage, it seems like there could be anything, and this screenshot is showing us a lot of new geography and features (as well as basically confirming that this stage is going to work a lot like Mushroomy Kingdom, scrolling through a "Mario level").

Between this and the Bowser new dair screenshot a few back, we're actually starting to get some decent info out of these.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I'd really like more battle-y photos. These show off specific things, sure. But they're all old news. Though I do like his humorous photos.

Edit: Ignore that. This is pretty interesting. Though very angry a scrolling type stage may be returning.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I WANT MORE INFO SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I do believe this is the most new info we've gotten from one of these pics.

JayTheBrainMann

Smash Cadet
I like the picture, even if it's of a scrolling stage. At least it's exclusive to the 3DS! :p

Oh, I'm gonna predict the next pic is... Wii Fit Trainer fighting someone on a stage on the 3DS version. Just to confirm that she's in it, I guess.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys. I'm pretty sure this is a New Super Mario Bros stage. Not a 3D Land stage.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Wait a sec... having played both 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros. 2, that pic looks like something out of New Super Mario Bros. 2, but the stage from the trailer Sakurai talks about was clearly from 3D land... maybe they're one Mario stage with two parts, similar to Mushroom-y Kingdom, with one part New Super Mario Bros. 2 and one 3D Land? I don't know for sure, just speculation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think we have two Mario stages.

One for 3D Land and one for New Super Mario Bros.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think we have two Mario stages.

One for 3D Land and one for New Super Mario Bros.
My theory is that those are the same stage.

This picture seems to have elements from both NSMB stage and 3D Land stage, which leads me to believe that it's a scrolling stage based on both games.

Add that to Sakurai's commentary on today's picture and you can reach a conclusion...

Edit: Sakurai is talking about this part of the trailer:

Edit 2:
Around 0:59, it shows this stage with the spike pillar knocking out Bowser. The above GIF is from the Developer Direct, but it's the same thing.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, regardless if it's one stage or not, I'm happy we got something "new". I hope sometime we'll see Villager and Wii Fit Trainer on the 3DS Version.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
This is definitely still 3D Land, there are generic blocks in the background.

Holy sh#@ this level's design sucks.
But hey, maybe it's randomly generated?
Nah...

I'm suspecting those orange blocks to fall shortly after you step on them, and there are bricks right above them that ya gotta jump over or break through, Looks like a devious trap if you bump your head on a break then fall through with the orange blocks. Then again the bricks might be in the background, it's hard to tell. Some of these blocks are really outta place in the mushroom kingdom world, mostly the big plastic looking blue, red and yellow blocks.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose this stage scrolls not just from left to right but also forwards once you get on those green platforms with the spikes. At least, if they are both from the same stage. I don't think this is a New Super Mario Bros stage though. Just a Super Mario 3D Land stage...

But we will likely get a "New Mushroom Kingdom" stage anyway. Probably for both versions. One for NSMB 1 and 2 for the 3DS version and one for NSMB Wii and U for the Wii U version.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might indeed call for this being compromise stage between NSMB and 3D Land. Also the way the blocks are aligned next to the pipe tells me that these are interactable and can be hit.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Guess I have to go eat my ice cream hatwich.
Today's picture looks neat though.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
That *******. He takes away every reason for Mr. Resetti to exist.
I lol'd so hard at this. It's too good.

I have the feeling they will be working the same way the Mirror Shield did in Brawl except now you can use it for both sides...
Well, I think that's pretty obvious. ._.

Well at least now we got a pic of the Orbitars. So, anybody got a clue as to how these work? Like, it seems that Pit will be invincible unless attacked from above or below, I wonder if ya can adjust their angle.
I'm pretty sure he can also be grabbed, but let me throw something out there for:

I've played Kid Icarus: Uprising. I've used the Orbitars myself, and I've had them use against me. Guardian Orbitars not only do they protect your team, but it does damage. Multiple hit if you stay inside of it. So, that makes me wonder if it will do the same thing here...that'll be pretty powerful in my opinion. It also counteracts me saying he should still be able to get grabbed.

But yeah, I think it's obvious it'll be used to reflect (or block attacks) projectiles back. Either have to come at him above or below (if he's on a platform). He'll most likely be grabbed through his shield, but how they work in KI:U could make them do damage as well. :I

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Finally, a picture that actually has some info in it! and its a new super mario bros 2 stage. Not 3d land.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
So far, in all of the NSMB titles and SM3DL, the castle has been in the background of all of the first levels, so...

This is likely a SM3DL stage, because the donut blocks in today's picture visually match up with the ones in SM3DL, not the ones that have appeared in any NSMB title.

In addition, Sakurai himself confirmed that today's pic was an extension of that one area in the trailer where Bowser took a spiked pillar up his anal cavity... and even though the spiked pillars make appearances in NSMB2, they also appear in SM3DL, which isn't conclusive of anything. However the platforms they were fighting on in that section of the trailer have never made an appearance in any of the NSMB titles, while they were used, quite liberally, in SM3DL.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
He already said that it was part of the same stage with the spikey things over the water. The question is only whether that stage is only Super Mario 3D Land.
Edit: Sakurai is talking about this part of the trailer:
But this doesn't have Bowser being hit by a spike. Wasn't there a part in the trailer where Bowser is doing his down-B and lands on the spike?

Also I only just noticed because you posted this that the rails the platforms are moving on are shown. Cool.

Obviously not a stage that's going to be used in competitive play (whatever competitive play is on the 3DS in the first place), but as long as it's more Rainbow Cruise than Mushroomy Kingdom, I'll like it alright for casual matches.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The idea for this stage is actually really original, it switches from moving from background to foreground, then it totally switches it up and starts moving left to right like a sidescroller. Hope to see something similar in a Wii U stage. If only those ugly a#$ plastic looking blocks didn't ruin the aesthetic appeal.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I haven't seen anything that makes that stage non-competitive other than being on the 3DS. Those spike pillars look very reactable, and nothing in that geography on the grounded section looks unfair. We should be sure to keep an open mind on these things going into smash 4; it will make everything go better.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The music playing in that level is from 3D Land,I think it's a mix really.

It this GIF,the stage goes farther.

In this picture Pikachu goes away it seems it will go from left to right.

[collapses]

Morbi

Scavenger
I haven't seen anything that makes that stage non-competitive other than being on the 3DS. Those spike pillars look very reactable, and nothing in that geography on the grounded section looks unfair. We should be sure to keep an open mind on these things going into smash 4; it will make everything go better.
Stage Hazard= Ban. Just saying. I mean pretty much all of the stage hazards in Brawl are react-able. They might give an unfair advantage though. Pretty sure it will be banned. 99% sure...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Stage Hazard= Ban. Just saying. I mean pretty much all of the stage hazards in Brawl are react-able. They might give an unfair advantage though. Pretty sure it will be banned. 99% sure...
I really hope Yellow Devil's not a stage hazard then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom