• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
When are we gatting a DK stage screen?
Hmm, possibly in one of Diddy's pics?

Some think the ruin-type stage with the wheel is a DKCR stage, but I don't see it. The way Mario leaps through the entire thing, and how nobody else is in sight gives me the impression its just a generic level from single player mode.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well hoping it an assist trophy, hoping we get a lot more variety then the last game

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I know but there's always the off chance he could be revealed early, perhaps with a caption saying something about a topical freeze direct coming soon

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
well hoping it an assist trophy, hoping we get a lot more variety then the last game
Off topic- Just wanted to say that I agree with every one of your character wants except DHD. You've got great taste :pimp:

On topic- Betting we get another boring picture to reduce our hype to nothing so when Diddy's revealed tommorow at least we'll be somewhat excited.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I guess nobody here thinks he'll be a duo with Dixie if you're expecting his reveal.
Maybe for once, a newcomer won't be exclusive to a direct? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it can't.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why anyone thinks they will make the diddy-dixie combo, they already designed a moveset for stand alone diddy, why throw all that away?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't get why anyone thinks they will do that, they already designed a moveset for stand alone diddy, why throw all that away?
:samus2::zerosuitsamus:

Sometimes things change. Getting Dixie doesn't necessarily mean Diddy's entire previous moveset will be scrapped, it probably wouldn't be; only tweaked.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Maybe for once, a newcomer won't be exclusive to a direct? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it can't.
Videos can be supported on the smash website and miiverse, so it's certainly possible.

oops, i actually meant LOLOLOLOL no way that could happen that's entirely out of the realm of possibility

Last edited:
I don't get why anyone thinks they will make the diddy dixie combo, they already designed a moveset for stand alone diddy, why throw all that away?
I had a thread about it recently to gage people's opinions. Mods locked it. Mods are a bit lock happy on these boards it seems. Anyway, here's what I posted

My vote: After a long time of wanting Diddy alone, I've decided I want them together. If it is done right they should both be completely independent of each other, but let you switch between them at will. Why do I want this? First of all it would be unique, but also because it would make Diddy's forward special make sense. Instead of just leaping forward, Dixie would fling him. It would look a lot better, and Diddy could return the favor for Dixie's forward special. As for Diddy's Banana Toss, just let him keep it and assign the tag-in elsewhere. Everyone wins. If they could do this while still keeping the two characters separate (even their Final Smash) I welcome idea with open arms.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't get why anyone thinks they will make the diddy-dixie combo, they already designed a moveset for stand alone diddy, why throw all that away?
I don't get why would they need to throw away his moveset, should he be paired with Dixie?

Actually, I don't get why people are so negative about the idea?

Also no, I don't expect them to be paired, but I would sure love if Sakurai decided to make of them a "combo character".

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Ok now i'm confused, could someone explain how they would work? the descriptions I've read vary and i can't tell if people want them to work more like ice climbers or Pokemon trainer.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
:samus2::zerosuitsamus:

Sometimes things change. Getting Dixie doesn't necessarily mean Diddy's entire previous moveset will be scrapped, it probably wouldn't be; only tweaked.
Do Diddy's Rocketbarrel Barrage would summon Dixie out of thin air and tag them up? :rolleyes:

If no moves are scrapped, then Diddy and Dixie would use the same moves one after the other and be no different than the Ice Climbers...

Whatever the scenario, I think some moves would have to be scrapped in order to implement the tag-team thing in a different way than just rehashing the Ice Climbers.

That said, I want Diddy to stay by himself, and have Dixie and Kiddy be a newcomer tag-team instead.

-----

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ok now i'm confused, could someone explain how they would work? the descriptions I've read vary and i can't tell if people want them to work more like ice climbers or Pokemon trainer.
I would like them to work like Zelda/Shiek. Instead of transforming, Diddy would just change places with Dixie and vice-versa.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I think the most common idea is you play as one of them, then push a button (I've seen downB and taunt) to switch between the two. The one you aren't playing as doesn't fight, and can't be hurt, presumably just walking closely in the background.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Then Sakurai is lying about newcomers having their own unique picture and video? o.o
Nope, Sakurai could just have the video and picture on the Newcomers page... like he always does... except without the Nintendo Direct part..

Last edited:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Then Sakurai is lying about newcomers having their own unique picture and video? o.o
I think they mean they'll still have the video posted on the site but without it ever being in a direct....Which would be dumb. Sure, announcing veterans can be done during regular updates, but a newcommer is meant to be a big news type of thing, so just dropping it on a random night when only a small portion of people are looking is dumb, while in a direct you have the majority of people all looking at the announcement at the same time.

D

Deleted member

If you want to be technical, Wii Fit Trainer was not revealed in a Direct. :troll:

Dairz

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm not understanding the marketing benefits of announcing a newcomer at 1 am.
Well, Sakurai could do the "fake-out" pic, and then reveal the newcomer at noon-ish.

(Didn't he do fake PoTDs for Luigi, Sonic, and Rosalina?)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, Sakurai could do the "fake-out" pic, and then reveal the newcomer at noon-ish.

(Didn't he do fake PoTDs for Luigi, Sonic, and Rosalina?)
Yes but there were Nintendo Directs on the same day.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Yes but there were Nintendo Directs on the same day.
Hm, I guess so. I don't agree with the "newcomers without directs" marketing strategy, I was just trying to give it some support. Its very clear that a better idea is to show characters during directs.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm not understanding the marketing benefits of announcing a newcomer at 1 am.
The time doesn't so much as them not focusing attention to it. Sure, we wait for posts, but most people are probably not looking at the site. Meanwhile if a Direct (or really any sort of event that Nintendo can make which could focus fans attention towards them in hopes of a newcomer) is the ideal solution compared to a random night newcommer announcement just being dumped out there.

It doesn't need to be a direct, but it needs something to indicate that something will go down and possibly have a newcomer so that the majority of fans will be paying attention at the same time. Sort of like how HBO made a trailer for the trailer of game of thrones. You want more people than the insane psychos that pointlessly stay up until 2am to be watching when these big hype building announcements go down.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Hm, I guess so. I don't agree with the "newcomers without directs" marketing strategy, I was just trying to give it some support. Its very clear that a better idea is to show characters during directs.
I have to agree on that.

Prediction: A picture of Donkey Kong looking at the screen: "Where are my little buddies? Maybe I should watch the Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

...oh and there's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow"

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
The time doesn't so much as them not focusing attention to it. Sure, we wait for posts, but most people are probably not looking at the site. Meanwhile if a Direct (or really any sort of event that Nintendo can make which could focus fans attention towards them in hopes of a newcomer) is the ideal solution compared to a random night newcommer announcement just being dumped out there.

It doesn't need to be a direct, but it needs something to indicate that something will go down and possibly have a newcomer so that the majority of fans will be paying attention at the same time. Sort of like how HBO made a trailer for the trailer of game of thrones. You want more people than the insane psychos that pointlessly stay up until 2am to be watching when these big hype building announcements go down.
Like E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom