• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Meh, I wasn't fully pleased wtih today's pic, but I wasn't expecting something huge either.

I am kind of glad to know a bit more about Rosalina at least.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
The thing I am curious about is how in the trailer, Rosalina deflects Fludd yet sucks in all of the items. What constitutes as a projectile that gets deflected and what gets sucked in? Sakurai also says that weapons are disabled, does this just mean if say you threw a beam sword at her it wouldn't harm her on the way in? Or would items like bombs go back into their pre thrown state? Definitely will look forward to playing around with this move when the game comes out.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The thing I am curious about is how in the trailer, Rosalina deflects Fludd yet sucks in all of the items. What constitutes as a projectile that gets deflected and what gets sucked in? Sakurai also says that weapons are disabled, does this just mean if say you threw a beam sword at her it wouldn't harm her on the way in? Or would items like bombs go back into their pre thrown state? Definitely will look forward to playing around with this move when the game comes out.
Tangible items that you throw or hold will be brought in while non-tangible projectiles will be deflected I assume.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Tangible items that you throw or hold will be brought in while non-tangible projectiles will be deflected I assume.
Well the reason I ask is that some tangible items she could suck in would actually harm her. Like as others have said, Snake's grenades or Link's bombs would theoretically blow up in her face. Maybe they would become duds or something based on Sakurai saying the weapons would be disabled? If not, I suppose it will just be something she will need to use wisely.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's one heck of a large caption.

Since I hope to main Rosalina, I hope this move can deflect projectiles as well.

Also Wii Remote confirmed to be usable for the game. /captainobvious

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm calling it. This move is going to ha e some kind of ridiculous exploit that will make her top tier. The whole luma gimmick isn't enough to sway me to think she'll be any good. It looks like Lumas don't have a separate down b command.
Suddenly it's revealed to be like Magneto's Fatal Attraction and can pull enemies in from a distance.....

Oh, I just salivated at the thought of that.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I figured weapons being disabled meant that it could strip stuff like Beam Swords out of opponent's hands, but neutralizing explosives would certainly be a lot more useful.

Another big issue with this move is how long it seems to take to animate; I'm imagining trying to use it against Peach. Peach throws a turnip and moves in behind it. You use this move, block the turnip, and eat a Peach fair or dash attack to the face every time. The more I think about it, the more I'm certain this is going to be a very niche move if it doesn't have some kind of hitboxes, much like Ness's PSI Magnet for basically the same reasons.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This.

I remember when "crappy pics" were ACTUALLY crappy pics.
But nah, just as before, people got spoiled.
I dunno, I wasn't expecting anything at all and this pic is still pretty boring.

We could already tell what the move did during the reveal trailer and it was pretty obvious that it was Down-B. Plus the picture itself looks dull and uninteresting.

Nothing to see here. Move along and get some sleep, folks.

I'm gonna get back to drawing and headbanging to music. =D

Xaltis

Smash Hero
That's one heck of a large caption.

Since I hope to main Rosalina, I hope this move can deflect projectiles as well.

Also Wii Remote confirmed to be usable for the game. /captainobvious
They've already shown it redirecting Mario's Fludd so yea it does the same with projectiles.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
When did people forget about not getting newcomer info out of blue during the daily updates? This at least isn't another Luigi's nose or Miss Fit's butt, either.

Also merged accounts, thanks Falkoopa.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
In the trailer someone (I think it was Marth) throws a pokeball at her when she does this move. The pokeball slows down and lands at her feet but without opening so I think it may stop the effects of thrown items.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I think we knew Monday wouldn't have anything spectacular but what about the rest of the week?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if there is a direct this week maybe a newcomer, reveals have to be speeding up

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well Sakuri seems to be sharing an abundance of information. Perhaps the release date is closer than we thought... *puts on sunglasses*

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
So little appreciation in here. :( Especially when the last three pics before today's were all very interesting.

No other game developers do things like this for their fans, so I'm appreciative for anything. Besides, for every less-interesting thing they show, it means there's a higher probability of something new being shown next time.

Also: Yay no bullcrap motion controls!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So little appreciation in here. :( Especially when the last three pics before today's were all very interesting.

No other game developers do things like this for their fans, so I'm appreciative for anything. Besides, for every less-interesting thing they show, it means there's a higher probability of something new being shown next time.

Also: Yay no bullcrap motion controls!
I agree 190%

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I gotta say, something I personally didn't notice but really find cool is how the cursor star from the Galaxy games is part of the move. Its little touches like this that show just how much care and detail goes into every character.

It even makes sense too, the cursor is basically grabbing all the items and moving them away from Rosalina.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I want to let everyone know one thing that they need to keep in mind if they're posting the screenshot of the day...

Please use a permanent link for all daily pic screenshots. The daily pic link (http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg) should not be used, as that link's image will change with every update. Because of this, this may leave some users confused if they're not around on certain days.

If you have Miiverse access, you can get an image's permanent link by checking the webpage's "Page Info".

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Dammit Sakurai! Out of the two princess-esque, matriarchal characters you've been (slightly) over-exposing lately, Rosalina is not the one we needed a down-special confirmation on to shut up Sheik nay-sayers!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It was mentioned earlier, but I wonder if you can control Luma during the animation. Rosalina is busy, but that doesn't mean Luma can't go and counter attack.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It was mentioned earlier, but I wonder if you can control Luma during the animation. Rosalina is busy, but that doesn't mean Luma can't go and counter attack.
If you have to hold the special move button to keep the Star Barrier in tact, odds are, the actions that you can give to the Luma will just be limited to the standard attacks; you can't use any other specials.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I really hope so. But it makes me wonder if this move is similar to Fox's shine where it will persist as long as you hold it, or more like Falco's Shine in Brawl where it only has an effect for a certain amount of frames before you can do something else.

edit: Ninja'd by a moderator...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you have to hold the special move button to keep the Star Barrier in tact, odds are, the actions that you can give to the Luma will just be limited to the standard attacks; you can't use any other specials.
That's assuming Luma even has specials. It IS possible, but you can easily say that having access to normals is plenty enough.

Now here's an interesting question regarding the Gravity Pull. Can it be used as an anti-gravity move to launch or even hold someone momentarily? Other projectile reflectors have had some additional property to them.

Speaking of which, Ness and Lucas need something done about PSI Magnet, but that's another topic.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This is why we can't have nice things. The moment we get too many nice things people get upset when they starting getting something a little more medicore but not horrible.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The star cursor on the move is a neat detail. With Sakurai referring to shaking the Wii Remote, I'd assume this could be the same move as Mario uses in Galaxy, which also had an effect of drawing items near you, such as shells.

It seems the move is inspired by:
- The cursor that can grab Star Bits in Super Mario Galaxy
- The spinning move that could be used to attract items

So basically, Rosalina is using the spinning attack and the cursor at the same time. I wonder if this attack can deal physical damage, though. The spin attack could damage enemies originally, after all.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I like that move of Rosalina, and, who the hell didn't shake the Mario Galaxy star cursor like crazy? that's why Sakurai put that, and it's pretty clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom