• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I still think Yellow Devil has something to do with this new melee styled adventure mode.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ultimate Chimera doesn't take up 40% of the stage standing still, or 90% in motion.
As far as we know, it also doesn't appear randomly in random locations on the stage. And the Chimera turns and instant-kills on contact, which the Yellow Devil does not seem to do.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
As far as we know, it also doesn't appear randomly in random locations on the stage. And the Chimera turns and instant-kills on contact, which the Yellow Devil does not seem to do.
Actually, it [UC] appears in only 3 areas of the stage (on a timer?), and walks on a set path. It also isn't that dangerous. I'm garbage at dodging, but when my friend was boring me and UC appeared, I knocked him to the top left and taunted the giant red throbbing venus flytrap. I dodged 7 consecutive bites without leaving the ground.
I'd take that over eclipsing the universe for 15%.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I predict that Yellow Devil is something that nobody expects.

Anyway, what do you predict for tomorrow's picture? Will we finally have another character reveal? Or just another picture of Luigi's nose?

(I also have a new avatar.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Anyway, what do you predict for tomorrow's picture? Will we finally have another character reveal? Or just another picture of Luigi's nose?

Nice new avatar.

No idea exactly what we'll get. I'm leaning towards a character reveal since this will be the last night we get a pic before the weekend break, though we could possibly get one on Monday or perhaps even a bit later in the month.

If not a character tonight, I'm guessing it will have something to do with a stage.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Welp. If we don't get a reveal tonight, I reckon we'll get one around Christmas time.

Because logic.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

Ha, I remember my history teacher using that vid a year or two ago.
As for tommorow, my money is NOT on a new character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't predict any character tomorrow, but it's been the longest time between two character reveals already...

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The Yellow Devil doesn't take up too much of the stage; there are very large platforms that move around the stage. The amount and pattern seem to change from time to time. When Yellow Devil shows up there will probably be more platforms. Players will have to make their way to the platforms to avoid him. Even if there isn't more platforms there is still plenty of space if the Yellow Devil only appears on the green area in the middle. You probably only take damage from the Devil if he hits you with the blobs in between himself

With the platforms in mind, if he only does his "split apart" move a couple times and you are only damaged by the spheres in the middle he isn't too big. He's big, but not that big.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Yeah I've been trying to analyze to the best of my ability, but I can't figure out if he's a stage hazard or if Dr. Wily's Stage is just the Yellow Devil's boss run stage.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
The Yellow Devil doesn't take up too much of the stage; there are very large platforms that move around the stage. The amount and pattern seem to change from time to time. When Yellow Devil shows up there will probably be more platforms. Players will have to make their way to the platforms to avoid him. Even if there isn't more platforms there is still plenty of space if the Yellow Devil only appears on the green area in the middle. You probably only take damage from the Devil if he hits you with the blobs in between himself

With the platforms in mind, if he only does his "split apart" move a couple times and you are only damaged by the spheres in the middle he isn't too big. He's big, but not that big.
I think we're missing the real message here. He's still smaller than Ridley <3

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's been over a month since Marth's reveal, but then again we've been getting a strong surge of new information. I'd still say there's a good chance of a reveal happening tomorrow.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'd honestly be surprised if we didn't get a reveal tomorrow/tonight. It's around that usual time for one, so if not then maybe he's saving the reveal for a direct soon.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122

majora_787

Smash Hero
You must live with your humiliation displayed in this thread for all eternity. Your family has been shamed.

Welcome to Smashboards, though.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm feeling that tonight Sakurai will troll us all. He's been so good to us lately, that it's about time he'll mess with us. My prediction: it'll be on the Galaxy stage and give us a sneak comment about Rosalina.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm feeling that tonight Sakurai will troll us all. He's been so good to us lately, that it's about time he'll mess with us. My prediction: it'll be on the Galaxy stage and give us a sneak comment about Rosalina.
If he holds off too much longer in December, I'd think that he's waiting for a Direct of some kind.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I predict yet another non character reveal pic, though I hope to be proved wrong and have him reveal a character.

But I think he's saving that for a december direct maybe.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering most of the time we don't hear about Directs until only a few days prior, I wouldn't get too worried yet.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I predict yet another filler pic, though I hope to be proved wrong and have him reveal a character.

But I think he's saving that for a december direct maybe.
The past month of pictures has been anything but filler. Sure, we haven't gotten a character since Marth, but almost every picture we've seen item confirmations, item redesigns, new stages, Assist Trophy confirmations along with the start of the deconfirmation season, stage hazards and/or Adventure Mode bosses (for both platforms, even!), and moveset changes and updates and additions for about half the currently-revealed cast so far. I don't see that as "filler" simply because we haven't gotten a character confirmation in awhile. (EDIT: I don't mean to imply that that's what you mean by filler, though, so my apologies if I gave the wrong idea.)

That being said, we're now in the longest-drought territory as far as characters go, and he is most-definitely holding back a character reveal (or reveals) for a December Direct if we don't get a veteran confirmation soon. Also, Brawl had 21 starters for a 35-/39-/40-character roster, and with the possibility that SM4SH can go anywhere up to maybe 50 max, and we've seen 18 already (granted, three of which have traditionally been unlockable in past games and the two third-party characters which may be unlockable by precedent) we shouldn't be expecting a lot more - Zelda, Diddy, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Dedede, Wario, a new batch of 3-4 newcomers, providing 9-10 more characters on top of the 18/16/15/13 starters already revealed, making for 27-28/25-26/24-25/22-23 starters total among a roster anywhere from 40-50.

Interestingly, all the mentioned veteran characters are considered shoo-ins, but also all have the potential to be revealed before Spring - which is when that rumor stated SM4SH would be coming out. Misquote or back-track on Nintendo's part, either way it's very curious.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The past month of pictures has been anything but filler. Sure, we haven't gotten a character since Marth, but almost every picture we've seen item confirmations, item redesigns, new stages, Assist Trophy confirmations along with the start of the deconfirmation season, stage hazards and/or Adventure Mode bosses (for both platforms, even!), and moveset changes and updates and additions for about half the currently-revealed cast so far. I don't see that as "filler" simply because we haven't gotten a character confirmation in awhile.

That being said, we're now in the longest-drought territory as far as characters go, and he is most-definitely holding back a character reveal (or reveals) for a December Direct if we don't get a veteran confirmation soon. Also, Brawl had 21 starters for a 35-/39-/40-character roster, and with the possibility that SM4SH can go anywhere up to maybe 50 max, and we've seen 18 already (granted, three of which have traditionally been unlockable in past games and the two third-party characters which may be unlockable by precedent) we shouldn't be expecting a lot more - Zelda, Diddy, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Dedede, Wario, a new batch of 3-4 newcomers, providing 9-10 more characters on top of the 18/16/15/13 starters already revealed, making for 27-28/25-26/24-25/22-23 starters total among a roster anywhere from 40-50.

Interestingly, all the mentioned veteran characters are considered shoo-ins, but also all have the potential to be revealed before Spring - which is when that rumor stated SM4SH would be coming out. Misquote or back-track on Nintendo's part, either way it's very curious.
Hmm? Oh I guess I used a poor choice of wording, I meant to say not a character pic, but yes I see what you mean. the AT and new stages were interesting. But yes I think he's saving a character(s); (probably a veteran) for a direct.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Wait, this just in, Sakurai is the test subject for new bionic arms! Now he can make Smash games at twice the pace he was originally capable of!

Capture23.PNG

Well now, these new arms are starting to look good. We can expect SSB4 to come out by this January. lol

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Hmm? Oh I guess I used a poor choice of wording, I meant to say not a character pic, but yes I see what you mean. the AT and new stages were interesting. But yes I think he's saving a character (probably a veteran for a direct.)
Haha, I figured you would reply immediately, and I tried to edit it as fast as I could, but I didn't make it in time, haha.

I don't see why he'd be saving a veteran for a Direct. I can understand why he haven't seen one yet, since ALBW doesn't come out in Japan for another 13 days, and we're speculating Ice Climbers and/or Dedede for Christmas, but that isn't for another 12, and I can't see him waiting to reveal one of them by revealing a random veteran. He could be saving Zelda, Ice Climbers, and Dedede all for the Direct in lieu of newcomers, though, so I can't argue with you, as both are plausible.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Let's see...

Middle of December,

Friday night,

...yeah it's about that time for a new character reveal.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Haha, I figured you would reply immediately, and I tried to edit it as fast as I could, but I didn't make it in time, haha.

I don't see why he'd be saving a veteran for a Direct. I can understand why he haven't seen one yet, since ALBW doesn't come out in Japan for another 13 days, and we're speculating Ice Climbers and/or Dedede for Christmas, but that isn't for another 12, and I can't see him waiting to reveal one of them by revealing a random veteran. He could be saving Zelda, Ice Climbers, and Dedede all for the Direct in lieu of newcomers, though, so I can't argue with you, as both are plausible.
I'm thinking IC's+Zelda for a late dec direct if we get any, I strongly think we won't get any newcomers until 2014. but again imo.

As for tonight, I don't expect a character. Just a nice piece of info maybe. But again, I'd love to be wrong, since this drought is getting long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom