• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Oh boy, I wonder what the next daily pic will be!
Maybe it'll be Marth and Link clashing swords? Or maybe Villager, Pikachu or Kirby in some silly looking position. If we're lucky, we might see an item get a new, insignificant design change!
OH I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What are the odds that the Galaxy stage gets shown off the day after Rosalina's Super Mario 3D World "reveal" ("reveal" because it was pretty bloody obvious after analyzing those stamp silhouettes)? How much pandemonium and presumptuous speculation would that drum up?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh boy, I wonder what the next daily pic will be!
Maybe it'll be Marth and Link clashing swords? Or maybe Villager, Pikachu or Kirby in some silly looking position. If we're lucky, we might see an item get a new, insignificant design change!
OH I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!

Uh oh, Sakurai, you have been predicted.
Better step up your game. :V

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Uh...

That's the tripping animation.

What gives Sakurai?

DA FUQ IS GOING ON?!?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Aww, Pikachu looks lonely. I know! He needs a new Pokefriend!

EDIT:

Uh...

That's the tripping animation.

What gives Sakurai?

DA FUQ IS GOING ON?!?
Meaningless update = character reveal later today? Granted, it's not Olimar, but we can never predict Sakurai, so you never know...

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
"Pic of the day. The characters' thick outlines are only available in the 3DS version. Only the external outline is thickened and won't appear in instances like when the hands or feet are overlapping. It's got a softness to it and is not just black."

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
What are the odds that the Galaxy stage gets shown off the day after Rosalina's Super Mario 3D World "reveal" ("reveal" because it was pretty bloody obvious after analyzing those stamp silhouettes)? How much pandemonium and presumptuous speculation would that drum up?

That would be an awesome pic of the day,That would build up a lot of speculation.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys. You don't understand.

That is his TRIPPING ANIMATION!

This is important.
Does Pikachu have that same happy expression when he trips during Brawl? It could just be some animation change that happens to appear like a trip. And hey, so long as it's not random tripping, I don't see what the problem is in that regard, since most people seem to expect Diddy to keep his peels.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does Pikachu have that same happy expression when he trips during Brawl? It could just be some animation change that happens to appear like a trip. And hey, so long as it's not random tripping, I don't see what the problem is in that regard, since most people seem to expect Diddy to keep his peels.
After thinking about it. It could be part of his down taunt (the cute one where he rolls on the ground).

Anyone got a complete gif of that?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

This is important.
OK DON'T PANIC....

(as much as I want to panic)

This COULD be something else.

Maybe characters end up in that pose after landing from falling in a helpless state?

Or perhaps landing while in the middle of an aerial attack.

This might not be random tripping either. Perhaps it's from a banana peal or there is a different way someone can trip?

I'm just gonna hope he's in that pose for any reason BUT random tripping...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...yeah.

The position doesn't match that taunt I mentioned...

Anyone got a source on when Sakurai said no tripping?

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I don't see why Sakurai would revert back into the mechanics of random tripping months after he just confirmed there would it would no longer be an implementation. Random tripping will not return, assuming Sakurai keeps to his word (and he almost-certainly will).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34639
http://kotaku.com/no-more-tripping-in-the-new-smash-bros-513187770

There is nothing to exhaust ourselves over this recent update, except for either a hint towards Diddy Kong, a move that induces forced-tripping, or an all-new Pikachu animation altogether.

Anyone got a source on when Sakurai said no tripping?
As per the link I provided above, Sakurai would have mentioned this right at or after E3 2013.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I fully doubt it's random tripping at least.

Theres no way that dumb, utterly pointless, random tripping mechanic would return, espescially after Sakurai said tripping wouldn't return, in some manner to the very least,. It probably IS a tripping pose, but Pikachu most certainly couldn't have randomly tripped. It may be a hint at Banana Peel item or even Diddy Kong, or perhaps a new animation for Pikachu, and there could very well be a new way for character to trip. Hell, I don't care if tripping returns as long as it doesn't happen randomly.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, that's curious...

Anyone got a gif of Pikachu tripping in Brawl? I wanna compare animations.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd definitely take a look at his facial expression while tripping in Brawl to see if there's any comparison. Since tripped characters in Brawl appeared vaguely shocked after doing so, and considering how blatantly hammy and over-the-top the characters' facial expressions in this games are, I'd be shocked if Pikachu were to just vapidly endure his trip with the same expression as his idle animation.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think this is the image you were looking for:

Let's not get judgmental about that being tripping animation til the game comes out or somewhere close to it.. After all, it could be something new for Pika that's just been implanted, since we really haven't seen anything new from Pika at all. Remember how the Capsules have changed from being skinny to being fat? :troll:

But I still wanna see Sakurai talk about Bowser once, excluding the Developer Direct.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd definitely take a look at his facial expression while tripping in Brawl to see if there's any comparison. Since tripped characters in Brawl appeared vaguely shocked after doing so, and considering how blatantly hammy and over-the-top the characters' facial expressions in this games are, I'd be shocked if Pikachu were to just vapidly endure his trip with the same expression as his idle animation.
The tripping expression in Brawl was expressionless.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
The tree and shovel were interchangeable in my original idea. So if his tree is definitely his down B, then the shovel could be his side B. I don't know about using people like Ike and Ganondorf for examples though, because they are the heavier and slower characters (while peach's smash hits multi-directional at one instance like Pika's).

Shovel is most likely his down smash, dude.

This is important.

With tripping Sakurai meant random tripping. I hope you realise that moves are able to trip too.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong or ness probably caused the trip.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Also if that is tripping i'm gonna go nuts, tripping shouldn't be back period, the only thing that should cause tripping are diddy's peels if anything. anything else shouldn't! but I trust sakurai to keep his word that tripping won't be back, i'll assume its a taunt or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom