• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Oh wow, it's been a long time since I've stayed up to see a new pic of the day. Let's hope it's something good.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Kirby Epic Yarn stage this week maybe? Deconfirmations are fun too, good to get them outta the way now instead of gettin depressed when the "you unlocked everyone!" message shows up.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
But confirmations are the best! :awesome:
I do agree though, disconfirmations are great as well.
Unless it's Paper Mario or King K. Rool or *insert character here*.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I wonder which infinite of falco was better, his spinny tornado thing or his series of kicks..well either way (or if we see a new combo tech.) it will look fabulous in hd.

Question..have chaingrabs been ruled out in Smash 4? People say the grab knockback is too high for their to be any. (Loved chain grabbing as falco in brawl)
None of the throws we saw in the demo were cg friendly at all. Only a few of them were even follow-up friendly; throws in general were not very good combo starters in the demo. We'll have to see what hte final release is like.

Falco's rapid jab in Brawl is clearly much better than the Melee one. Falco's Brawl jab is actually ridiculous in general; jab1 on him hits on frame 2, and every part of the combo can leave him at good advantage. Rapid jab may be the relatively worst part of it, but it still is pretty decent whereas I can't recall ever seeing a strong Falco in Melee intentionally rapid jab.

---

As per the picture, it's hard to predict, but I don't think Falco is the most obivous "next in line" character to be shown so I don't know why so much focus is on him as opposed to Wario, Meta Knight, or Ice Climbers.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
None of the throws we saw in the demo were cg friendly at all. Only a few of them were even follow-up friendly; throws in general were not very good combo starters in the demo. We'll have to see what hte final release is like.

Falco's rapid jab in Brawl is clearly much better than the Melee one. Falco's Brawl jab is actually ridiculous in general; jab1 on him hits on frame 2, and every part of the combo can leave him at good advantage. Rapid jab may be the relatively worst part of it, but it still is pretty decent whereas I can't recall ever seeing a strong Falco in Melee intentionally rapid jab.
Thanks for the feedback!

Metaknight could be the most interesting though. We all expect him to be nerfed or buffed rationally. So we will have to see what Sakurai does with the light speed sword slasher.

Last edited:

Raycen

Smash Cadet
The leak we saw this weekend plus the past monday pic of the day where Sakurai said: "Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger.".

BRING ME RIDLEY! NOW!

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The leak we saw this weekend plus the past monday pic of the day where Sakurai said: "Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger.".

BRING ME RIDLEY! NOW!
There was no leak. There was a grey box with a question mark on it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Kirby Epic Yarn stage this week maybe? Deconfirmations are fun too, good to get them outta the way now instead of gettin depressed when the "you unlocked everyone!" message shows up.
I feel the opposite way. I think slowly realizing the final roster is usually less deflating than suddenly having a supported character pulled out from under you.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I heard we're getting Falco today :kappa

Also I was thinking it might be cool if Fox gets a customization for his reflector that makes it somewhat like Brawl Falco's... but then why have Falco? D;

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So uh, are the people in Japan going to be fast getting the info out when they get the game September? (Unlocking all characters in about 24 hours?)
Let's face facts. Japan always gets everything early (except for Space Dandy which aired in the U.S first).
They are bound to unlock everything extremely fast and my fat American A$$ takes days unlock a few characters.

Last edited:

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
I keep refreshing the Director's Room Miiverse page hoping to see something like "Our hero from Onett has once again stepped up to the plate! Ness is bound for Battle!"

Sorry, lack of sleep will do things to a man's brain ...

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Let's face facts. Japan always gets everything early (except for Space Dandy which aired in the U.S first).
They are bound to unlock everything extremely fast and my fat American A$$ takes days unlock a few characters.
Don't need to be so truthful. Q.Q

Well, at least the Japanese can lets us know sooner, so it can start the rage flood, drinking of the many tears, or everyone is just happy that they know,will be reasonable, and be thankful that there is a game at all (least likely outcome)

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I don't really have anything to do tomorrow, but this really makes me feel kinda peeved for the people that do.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I feel the opposite way. I think slowly realizing the final roster is usually less deflating than suddenly having a supported character pulled out from under you.
I can understand that, but I guess I just feel differently. I remember when I learned that Mewtwo wasn't in brawl I was wishing for some kinda apologetic update on the dojo or some little notification. I don't feel so entitled now, but if...well, example, I support Tetra. If she's not in I want to know as soon as possible. Be a lil upset and then move on to enjoy the game instead of expecting her and getting my hopes crushed later, yknow? But I guess thats just me.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm just waiting for more than 1 person to post then edit it within minutes putting "ninja'd"

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't think a character will be unveiled since it usually happens on Thursday's and Friday's.
It could be a stage, a costume, a game mechanic, some filler, dual posts, or I could be completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom