• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
As I said, it was an impressions piece recorded literally minutes after the Direct. Of course we have a better understanding of how it works now.
But it should have been the initial understanding, or thereabout.
I give up

Regarding the follow-up: It's much better. Good job noticing the "heartbeat monitor."
Eh, even with people that play Smash a lot I've seen confusion (like thinking Mac has a fire effect on a certain move when it was a Samus fair). Anyway, it was pretty "HOW QUAINT, NOT EVEN KNOWING SMASH BROTHERS" before but now that he is an actual member I'll ask you to not go towards that direction again pls (you're doing a pretty good job of it actually)
My apologies
Do you mean good job being polite, or good job being a patronizing *******?

Last edited:

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
It was a conversation; it was not intended to be an analysis, hence why "analysis" was not used. It was purely an impressions piece. I'm guessing you're not terribly familiar with our channel, but we generally spitball for the discussions, and save the research for the analysis.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
First post hosts an inconvenience - there's a wall of text before all the Miiverse Pictures of the Day; could someone fix that?
I don't intend to sound entirely contentious, but the text-wall is there for a reason...

That being said, it is fairly obvious that we are going to get another Little Mac picture of the day. The Miiverse comment will probably illuminate another mechanic or move that we already know about. Exciting!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
First post hosts an inconvenience - there's a wall of text before all the Miiverse Pictures of the Day; could someone fix that?
@ N3ON N3ON and @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy spearheaded the OP, maybe you could ask them? I can see it being weird but it also has a bunch of important info that probably wouldn't get seen if it were slid down.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I give up

Regarding the follow-up: It's much better. Good job noticing the "heartbeat monitor."
Just because it was immediately the understanding you got doesn't mean it's the understanding everyone should have or did get. A lot of people around here even were unclear at first, and this is a community made up of much more observant Smash fans. Now if you wanna take that as you just being better than others in some way, go ahead, but don't act like Game Xplain is alone is making incorrect assumptions based on one viewing. It just so happens that they put their thoughts out there for people like you to bash and many many others to enjoy listening to.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The fix is called scrolling down. You don't have to read that text more than once, but it's important that it's read, so it's at the top.

However I leave it in the hands of @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, as he was the one who went to the effort of creating it.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
An inconvenience is not something that requires fixing... it's just something you put up with, despite it being inconvenient.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
hoping there something new today other then mac the trailer covered him enough

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
hoping there something new today other then mac the trailer covered him enough
It's wishful thinking but I'm with you. I kinda hate how much we see of a character whenever they're revealed, especially since it is usually things we knew already.

Of course I'd be okay with an elaboration on his Final Smash if it's different than other transformation based ones, or even maybe some explanation of just how poor his air attacks are.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I would like a detailed description of Macs KO attack. I'm sitting on the fence here and a lot of people assume it's a one hit KO. I personally am not so sure. I just want some kind of confirmation on its actual abilities. That would be nice.

I would also take more vet changes!

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I would like a detailed description of Macs KO attack. I'm sitting on the fence here and a lot of people assume it's a one hit KO. I personally am not so sure. I just want some kind of confirmation on its actual abilities. That would be nice.

I would also take more vet changes!
It was explicitly stated to be a OHKO.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Seriously?

They don't "assume" that it's one. Sakurai said it was one himself on Miiverse.

Did you just completely miss that or something?

kataridragon

Smash Ace
...Seriously?

They don't "assume" that it's one. Sakurai said it was one himself on Miiverse.

Did you just completely miss that or something?
Uhhhh Yes apparently I did. Jeez don't throw me to the dogs here. :/

Unless it's the nintendogs! Awwwwwe they are puppies!!!

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I WANT TO SEE OLIMAR!

It's been like 3 months since he was in a PoTD. Olimar, Kirby and Little Mac: 'Three that are not so tall'.

But really, I'm thinking we'll see Mac tonight in the Boxing Ring, with Sakurai making note of the new design (maybe a split comparison). OR the 3DS Boxing Ring.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Oh neato, you're here. I love your Mario kart analysis videos, they go really in depth to a point where i now know stuff i never thought i'd have known without buying the game.
although you aren't spot on with it all, you're definitely the only competent people who i've seen do any videos on sm4sh news, even if missing a detail bothers me a bunch, you do it a lot less often than most people would. Especially on initial impression videos, where most people just say the stupidest things.
(*cough*the heartbeat monitor also appears before Marth's counter as well so maybe it's a staple of all physical counter moves in which case that's really cool*cough*)

Oh, and also pic of the day is going to have boxing glove in it in some way.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
It was a conversation; it was not intended to be an analysis, hence why "analysis" was not used. It was purely an impressions piece. I'm guessing you're not terribly familiar with our channel, but we generally spitball for the discussions, and save the research for the analysis.
Holy cow! I love your vids too! So insightful. Great discussions. They are so long it's fantastic. Great for bath time!!!! Is that weird? I literally have listened to your stuff in the bath. Not a lie! Shout out. You know you want to!

Edit: Off topic sry. How about them mii verse pics huh? :)

Last edited:

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
I love your Mario kart analysis videos, they go really in depth to a point where i now know stuff i never thought i'd have known without buying the game.
Holy cow! I love your vids too! So insightful. Great discussions. They are so long it's fantastic. Great for bath time!!!! Is that weird? I literally have listened to your stuff in the bath.
Maybe just a little weird--but hey, if it makes bath time even better... :)

Seriously, thanks guys! I didn't mean to derail this thread with my presence, so, how about that Daily pic, huh? Should be coming out soon...what tidbit will we learn today?

Last edited:

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
It's been like 3 months since Olimar was in a PoTD. Olimar, Kirby and Little Mac: 'Three that are not so tall'.
How about no (imagine yourself the meme with the bear please :rolleyes:).

That is pretty much like asking for this pic again, only replacing Pikachu with Kirby.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Man, Mac's gonna have a hard time with air characters...

On a relevant note, tomorrow's pic better not be "Yellow Characters."

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I'm rooting for Sonic to get revenge for that uppercut in some way. So, there's my PofD prediction. Wait, what am I talking about? Sonic is never used in PofD. :(

Okay, Little Mac and Rosalina then.

Edit: Hah, typed "Little Man" the first time.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Man, Mac's gonna have a hard time with air characters...

On a relevant note, tomorrow's pic better not be "Yellow Characters."
Will he? We haven't actually seen all of his air moves. We jut know his up special recovery is bleach.

I'm rooting for Sonic to get revenge for that uppercut in some way. So, there's my PofD prediction. Wait, what am I talking about? Sonic is never used in PofD. :(

Okay, Little Mac and Rosalina then.

Edit: Hah, typed "Little Man" the first time.
More so sonic sounds good. Please have a better homing attack.... And pretty much better everything else too.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
More so sonic sounds good. Please have a better homing attack.... And pretty much better everything else too.
For that to happen Sakurai would have to re-roll his entire moveset and do the smart thing, which would be to make the moveset based off of Sonic Battle for the GBA instead of Sonic the Fighters like it currently is.

Unfortunately, Sakurai is perfectly happy with how Sonic turned out in Brawl. Ugh.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Will he? We haven't actually seen all of his air moves. We jut know his up special recovery is bleach.
Sakurai pretty much implied (in every chance he's gotten) that he's completely polarizing the character.

Kinda like a reverse Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I say it'll be a picture focusing on either Mac's Super Armor or on the renovation of the Boxing ring.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
For that to happen Sakurai would have to re-roll his entire moveset and do the smart thing, which would be to make the moveset based off of Sonic Battle for the GBA instead of Sonic the Fighters like it currently is.

Unfortunately, Sakurai is perfectly happy with how Sonic turned out in Brawl. Ugh.
I hope something is better.... Nope I take that back I hope just about everything is better in some form or fashion.

But wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first. :/

I hope that wasn't to graphic.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I hope we get an explation as to why we've been shown multiple versions of it
Because Sakurai knew he could get away with revealing a Punch-Out!! stage and still have people adamantly claiming it not to be a Punch-Out!! stage?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope we get an explation as to why we've been shown multiple versions of it
Er... really? That is what you want to find out in the next picture?

Considering placeholders hold places and places seemed like they were being held...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom