• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
"Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts
Well, you can't really call it sexist if the woman made it.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I like how Sakurai "confirms" a "new" 3DS stage like it doesn't even exist.

There's our Metroid 3DS stage, everyone! :awesome:

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
"Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!"

Edit: "Here's a look at the 3DS version. You can use the same outfit variations in both the 3DS and Wii U versions."
Last minute alternate costumes confirmed! :awesome:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
And thus I was the only person to ever use fully-clothed ZSS. The end.

Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!

Here's a look at the 3DS version. You can use the same outfit variations in both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGQIIQH0w
This kids, is called covering your ass.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Eh, don't care about ZSS and whatever they do to Samus's image at this point...

But ****. They had the gall to bring Brinstar back, one of the worst stages from Melee.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Best pic of the day yet in my opinion, I had a feeling these would be her alts and it gets me even more hyped that the rest of the alts for other characters are going to be incredible.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, this certainly rises some questions.

I for one graciously accept our new Zero Suit Samus costumes. Thank you, Namco-Bandai for integrating such wonderful fanservice for the high school demographic.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So we posted the second image I assume?

"Here's a look at the 3DS version. You can use the same outfit variations in both the 3DS and Wii U versions."

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036

I think I'm really okay with this.:b:

Only problem is that Tumblr is gonna have a field day with it.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Looks like Sakurai finished the game quite quickly. And everyone else will finish equally as fast.

In all seriousness, I'm surprised that this happened. I know it's not enough to effect the rating, but I didn't expect fanservice this blatant.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
*Sees pic*
Huh...*right-click, save image as...*
But seriously, it's pretty awesome they were able to pull them off, despite what Sakurai said.
More hype for this guy.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
The "Samus is oversexualized" argument has just won.

By a landslide.

But I'm okay with this.

Even though these are legit costumes based off her former appearances and show how she was "sexualized" in her own freakin games.
Pretty much, I'm really not looking forward to an article about this being published on a big game news website and causing a whole hurricane of people all over the internet arguing about this for 4 weeks straight.

Also, my hopes of Brinster Depths returning in the 3DS version have been crushed, but hey, at least we got to see another returning Melee stage.

D

Deleted member

:troll: Sakurai must be thinking of how many more sales he would make if this was completed in time to be on the boxart

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose my only problem is that Zero-Suit was not going to have this costume without the effort of one of the designers. Nearly impossible, WTF? I lost faith in every character getting an alternate costume.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
As of now we have the following characters with alts

Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Zero Suit Samus

...is that all?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Something Metroid? YUS! 3DS Metroid stage confirmed? YUS! Now I wonder what tomorrow's will be since it's an..interesting date for me and other supporters of a certain character...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Her female designer was determined to complete these?

Lol at the people that think its the Justin Bailey.
You could say that "normal" ZSS is the result of the Justin Bailey code, but we were just looking for an excuse to say it. :p

And wow, Brinstar looks suckish. Was (were? grammar?) the original Gamecube stage model and textures somehow too intensive for the 3DS to handle?

And I wonder what Ismar thinks about this.

----

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom