• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh...... It's over. This was the time I was getting into the community. And I stayed up for a bunch of these too. I have checked the PotD every day since it started. It was amazing. I hope we get DLC though, I am psyched for Mewtwo, but there are holes that would make our almost perfect roster, perfect. Especially knowing that we might not get a sequel to Smash Wii U. I really hope they decide to make more. Good Night Sakurai, take some much needed rest.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, we'll be keeping this thread open until Monday. Please make sure that all postings are on-topic as we remember the history of the pic of the day.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

After following this daily for the past year and a half, it's hard to see it go. I'm hoping that it'll come back for Smash 5, even if Sakurai doesn't end up being on board for it.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Alas, the PotD has officially run its course. Being American and with the Smash news mill running dry, I kind of forgot that the Japanese release date would be today. Looks like Sakurai caught the perfect point to drop our weekly updates. Besides, we know just about every detail about the game now and we look forward to our ever evolving metagame.

'Twas a good run, Sakurai-san. Hope to see you drop us the Mewtwo trailer (with a surprise character, maybe? Nah, don't overexert yourselves.) sometime in the next four months. Until then, take your long-deserved vacation. I look forward to your future game projects.

Oh, and expect a signature from me sometime in the future. I'll make sure you know I exist.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So it has finally come to an end. Sakurai gave us a nice long run...even when he didn't have to. It's been a fun ride and I've enjoyed the anticipation over the past year, so many thanks, Sakurai. <3
Now all that's left....is to wait for the big #150.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp the very last update

It was nice looking at these

So the last update is basicly mewtwo is the last thing sakurai needs to complete before he can relax

He deserves it thats for sure

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll miss those pics. There was a strange charm to waking up in the morning to see the new info, even if some of them were filler.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Remember when Olimar was announced? Or the Reset Bomb stage? The speculation period is always a thrilling, mysterious, painful, and ...uhh...dream-coming-true period! I remember not being able to shut up about how right I was over Robin and Lucina for a week or two. Or how surprising and awesome it was to see Toon Link announced after many of us had already said good-bye since we saw him on the Spirit Train stage!
It's been over, and the age of playing and enjoying and even DLC is here! But in a few years, we might see a trailer... and when we do, we'll be right back here, staying up way late and over-analyzing everything.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The pics are finally over eh? Sigh, when I read the statement, I was melancholy. Waiting to see each new pic was like waiting to see what was in the game. Some pics just made no sense (dog staring at TV anyone?) but there is one picture that stood out to me as my favorite.

It was the picture confirming the return of :4olimar:.

Why that pic? Because it made me realize the game was in development.

That is all.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So Sakurai, you're ending pic of the day,

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Pic of the day being gone, yes it was OK staying up late,but overall I never saw any pics that really impressed me except for maybe 1 or 2. I don't think Wario was ever shown in an official pic of the day (could be wrong), nor was Wolf. In the beginning it was good, the middle it got hype worthy, but kind of went downhill at the end.
As for Sakurai's statement, I really hope Mewtwo isn't the only extra character, especially now that Wolf is in high demand.
So initial reaction for Pic of the Day ending,

My gut reaction,
Really mixed. It was a good run though. R.I.P. pic of the day and WOLF FOR DLC :wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also the VGAs are tonight and apparently Nintendo might be making some big announcements.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oh please, don't ask that as if there's actually any question.

Gonna get that **** framed.

But seriously that was my favorite pic.
Don't forget these timeless beauts.

8/26
"Pic of the day. Ahem! You mind not touching my nose?"

11/22
"Pic of the day. (The back of my neck sure feels warm…)"

1/17

• Zelda: "Ah--soft and squishy."

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Don't forget these timeless beauts.

8/26
"Pic of the day. Ahem! You mind not touching my nose?"
11/22
"Pic of the day. (The back of my neck sure feels warm…)"

1/17

• Zelda: "Ah--soft and squishy."
Oh the back of my neck one... That one was a pure troll pic by Sakurai.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
PotD: Do note, this did not come from Sakurai. I have posted a link alongside the name to the person who has taken his place.

Hi everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Super Smash Bros. for Wii U! I have an announcement... Wait for it... We’re doing a photo event using the photo studio in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U! Woot woot!! Our first theme is...Eat! Try to take a snapshot that matches the theme, then post it to this photo event community after you’ve carefully read through the guidelines and instructions on how to participate. *Be sure to post your snapshot as a new post, and not as a comment to my post! Doing so won’t count as you submitting your entry. Out of the submissions, Mr. Sakurai and the development staff will choose our favorites and announce our top pics. Even if you don’t have Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, give a Yeah to the screenshots that make your mouth water, and cheer everyone on! Thanks, good luck, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions! (Here’s my shot at it. Take it away, Chrom!) “Cook this too!”
-SmashGuide

@Swift Fox (I win. :3)

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Favourite pic of the day, when everybody was expecting a Pokemon X & Y announcement like Mewtwo or something and we got Wii Fit Trainer's behind:

That was a fantastic birthday present.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Well, this is a strange birthday present...

I guess it's finally over, the PotD's were half of my summer, just staying up all night waiting for the reveals. I want to thank everyone who was there with me staying up all night until 3:00 to 5:00 AM for the Pics,and especially Sakurai for giving them to us for this long.

My overall favorite has to be Meta Knight's reveal...

It was the very last character reveal via Pic of the Day, and we waited until 5:00 AM to get it. It felt amazing to know that we were the first ones to see it. That was the day where the hype train was set to derail hours ago, people got off of it in spades until there were only 50 left out of 500 users. I was one of those people, and it was a great feeling to have the hype train get to it's destination.

Thanks for the ride! It's been fun!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I feel motivated so, I'll do my last memories now.

mandatory music:

The potd thread became quickly the thread I was frequenting on a daily basis shortly after I joined. At the beginning, I was mostly lurking and even didn't talked that much about my love of Paper Mario. That had to wait months, but even before, checking this thread for the reactions was something. Sure, it took months to pick up, but we were happy everytime the last second before the pic released. People were anticipated enough to stay at night losing sleeps just to see that pic before sleeping, that really tells how decdicated we were.

It really was hype. Character confirmation was a blast with all these pages. Then, you had really good jokes now and then enhancing the hype.

Once, someone said that this thread became to be a ritual. I agree because on the day, we all debates, talks, speculate, chat on social, but its' never the same atmosphere on the night before the pic releases. That atmosphere is like anticipation and we don't want to get into heavy debates because we want to pass time faster to get the pic. Sio much thrills that when the pic came late, we were still following it and I still remembers the meta knight night were I really almost fell asleep before seeing the pic :)

But that's not why I enjoyed this thread the most. Since April, I became OP of the Paper Mario support thread and was basically trying to gather supporters because I found out that I had potential to do so. That's where I began to advertise it and I got the idea of coming into the potd thread...this truned out to be the best move ever.

I still remember the first time someone noticed I was talking about Paper Mario. A regular, @ Radical Bones Radical Bones once told me that I was posting a lot of post without forgetting to mention Paper Mario. That really was the start of my hype here.

I was really happy to do this every day, but it became a point where I was always posting before it released. I came to post a Paper Mario music everytime and made images with Paper Mario style to hype people. I remember once, someone posted a pic of Peach while saying the pic was gorgeous and I quoted him using the stylish image...I received a tons of likes. These moments were what made my experience awesome here.

But who could froget THAT day. Yeah, you know what i'm taking about...

July 29 2014 the pic where the Paper Mario stage was revealed.

I think the fact that I was on this thread that day is destiny. Here's what happened before:

I was working to fix a program someone made to view Paper Mario models and because of it, I skiped the last Friday pic and the pic on the day before and only came back on that day...really, I would have regreted to not have been there.

A user, @Paper Maribro , convinced me I think it was 5 hours before the pic release to cast my vote for Paper Mario in the project m thread. I found this circumstances funny because it really shows that I was still wanting more repped hours before it happened.

Then, I came here and the most ironic thing ever is that I predicted filler...it just was everything BUT that.

After, it was buisness as usual. Refresh everything with like 3-4 tabs open and waiting for the pic to pop. I really noticed nothing significant until he second it released...that was weird.

Like, the pic had troubles to load on myend but I saw the new 3ds red frames and as I saw that, the last post here was someone predicting a 3ds pic. I wanted to tell that guy with the pic, but Ihad trouble so, I just told words. While I saw the pic for a very brief period, it wasn't enough for me to get it.
When I saw the pic, I couldn'tget whatit was, but it looked great. Then I saw someone saying it would be a Paper Mario stage. I instantly thought it was a joke...until I saw 3 people following...I really got a bit of a panic to go on google and type the location name...I just couldn't believe it.

Really, I will not lie: I breath intensively. I really could not contain the hype and kept saying "omg". It tok a difficult efforts, but here's the very first post I did for my reaction (for living nostaliga, click on the arrow in the quote)
WTH JUST HAPPENED???????

Did it just freaking happened?

I googled and it is from sricker star but did that just happened?????????????????
The next day, I feel way relax and played the TTYD credits theme over and over.

After, it turned out that I actually overhyped on that stage, but I learned from being careful. Still, it was by far my best day on the potd thread ever because that's not even including the hype it produced around me.

After all these pics, fillers, reveals, shocking deconfirmation, we finally got the game and enjoy it as much as we wanted to enjoy it in this thread before. It really was a nice move for Sakurai to do that as I think it really showed how much dedicated as fans we are and really, that was his way to thanks us, we thanks him back by sending our loves and hype.
Thanks Masahiro Sakurai, without these picture of the day, we wouldn't be that much anticipated to get the game even if we were in the first place.

EDIT: I apparently cuted a part without wanting to but it was describing the hype I had to update stuff on the support thread and the alerts messages.

Last edited:

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
On one hand, I'm sad we won't see any more POTDs, but at least I won't stay up until 3am and get disappointed when it's a menu.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I want you guys to know this

The smashbros-miiverse fansite is doing a fan version of the potd

So we can help the, so they don't have to end until it gets old

Oh and for one good reason to do this they are gicing away free amiiboos for this prize for really good ones

(Exspecially because near the begining the villager and marth and WFT amiibos are becoming collectors items now)

Strofirko

Smash Master
The last hours of this thread are coming, is good to look back users reactions on some pics,mostly the joke ones.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Rest in Peace, Pic of the Day.
You made waking up at 5:00 in the morning more exciting.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
So what's Sakurai gonna do at 3 AM now?

This pic is a gem. It's gonna be weird not to wake up/stay up to a PotD.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I'll miss the Pic of the Day. I never stayed up specifically for the PotD, but by virtue of the boatloads of university homework I've had the past year, I was there right as a lot of them were posted. The best picture for me was easily when Ike was confirmed to be returning, despite the community generally believing he would be cut. I was beyond hyped that my main and the protagonist of my favorite game ever made it back.

But my favorite part of the PotD was actually when I didn't see them as soon as they were posted. I loved having a picture to wake up to every morning. It was a great incentive for me to get out of bed every day! While the PotD's were never as extensive as the old Brawl Dojo, the possibility that Sakurai might drop a bomb at any moment kept me checking first thing every morning and I'll truly miss waking up to new pictures. Kudos to Sakurai for entertaining us for months before his game even released!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My favorite PotD?

Pic of the day. The heroic Aura Pokémon, Lucario, joins the battle!! We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with.

It was just so great. A character I KNEW wouldn't get cut, but for whatever reason people thought would, getting revealed. Lucario's here to stay, baby.

I'd say the Mac reveal, but that was a video, not a PotD. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom