• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miis will be the new wire frame fighters...-.-

StarLight42

Smash Lord

As you can see, in the new Multi Man...uh....mode? (because of this game's bad title) Miis will be the new characters you face in 100 man melees and stuff like that.

I have to be honest, I think this change sucks, I want Miis to appear in the game if I CHOOSE them too appear. (IE I pick my Mii character) not be forced down our throats....AGAIN. And I liked the addition of miis as characters, so yeah.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I'll be honest, at least it gives them more variety in terms of visuals.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I don't think it's that bad, as long as it's just random generic miis and not actually miis from the Mii Maker.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
It's also more variety in terms of their fighting style. Brawler, Gunner, and Swordsmen instead of just different shaped brawlers. I don't have a problem with this change at all, it seemed like the natural progression for multi-man.

Vital Tundra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vital Tundra
3DS FC
1848-2159-5405
I think its fine. And saying you want Mii's there because you choose them to be there is kind of silly. By that logic I could say I want Mario in Classic Mode only if I can choose for him to be there.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
The wireframes and alloys were kinda lame in my opinion anyways. So I think the Miis are a step up. Thinking about it, the 3DS version could have a vs Smash Run enemies mode.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This is something I always wanted since the creation of Miis.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I don't mind this at all. Adds variety as mentioned.

I'm more curious to know how the Wii U version will hold up. Hopefully a large scale adventure mode akin to Melee but deep like SSE. What I mean by that is that I want a Metroidvania Adventure Mode that has secrets, things to collect, variety of enemies and possibly daily events that reward you with elusive trophies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Why is nobody understanding what I mean? I don't want alloys or wireframes back, I wanted something NEW that wasn't shown off before, and miis were shown off prior to this, which makes me lose the excitement. It's just one of those things i had always looked forward too, seeing what the polygon fighters would look like in the next game.

D

Deleted member

Welp, explains why they use the Smash symbol at the very least.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like the idea of fighting a whole bunch of Mii's. Makes things interesting. Plus, gives me a reason to make a whole bunch of Mii's I dislike and beat the pulp outta them.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
Why is nobody understanding what I mean? I don't want alloys or wireframes back, I wanted something NEW that wasn't shown off before, and miis were shown off prior to this, which makes me lose the excitement. It's just one of those things i had always looked forward too, seeing what the polygon fighters would look like in the next game.
But when Miis and their customization were shown off, did you not expect them to be it? I wondered the same thing before E3, and knew that's what it'd be and I'm not disappointed at all. And I know, to each their own, I'm just wondering what do you think would have been a better choice?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I personally hated the Alloys, but I'm going to miss Wire Frames. The only thing that I'll say is better is that you're actually fighting somebody from the roster instead of some creepy men and women who want to kidnap you, or some army of robots who want to lick your face. Now you can fight Mii's that want to do both!

Being serious though, having Mii's is a lot better because it adds more variety to who you're actually fighting.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I personally hated the Alloys, but I'm going to miss Wire Frames. The only thing that I'll say is better is that you're actually fighting somebody from the roster instead of some creepy men and women who want to kidnap you, or some army of robots who want to lick your face. Now you can fight Mii's that want to do both!

Being serious though, having Mii's is a lot better because it adds more variety to who you're actually fighting.
Not just that. Miis have complete movesets.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I like the idea of fighting a whole bunch of Mii's. Makes things interesting. Plus, gives me a reason to make a whole bunch of Mii's I dislike and beat the pulp outta them.
EDIT: Nevermind, I thought you said beat the pulp out of Miis in general, because I hate Miis.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sometimes in life, you have to take what is shoved down your throat and just regurgitate it later in a fit of personal rage. What better way to take out that personal rage on Miis? Heck, they should market this mode as a stress reliever of sorts. You hate a particular person that you work with? Instead of freaking out and doing something that will get you fired; just make a Mii of that person and beat the crap out of it instead of doing it in real life.

Boom. Stress relief and anger management all rolled into one.

Last edited:

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
You hate a particular person that you work with? Instead of freaking out and doing something that will get you fired; just make a Mii of that person and beat the crap out of it instead of doing it in real life
Then things get really awkward when Kevin stops by for a chat, only to see a Mii of himself getting rekt on tv.

That's right Kevin. Keep walkin'.

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
I'm very very happy to see this. Fighting my own created characters would be cool instead of some generic wireframe. And if you're desperate for a reappearance of the wireframes, there's always everyone's favorite boxer.:chuckle:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I like this. Fighting tons of random Miis that you made or downloaded sounds great. Finally, I can fight Shy Guys, Reggies, and my family.

Seriously though, I have seen some crazy/creative things that "Mii Artists" use to make their Miis. People like them will really benefit from this mode.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I bet Sakurai made the Miis enemies in Multi-Man Mode to blow off some steam with the Atrocious Mii Verse Posts and Community.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Terrible that miis filling that role. I always looked forward to the new rendtions of the polygon team.
Thank you! I honestly was so surprised that SOOOO many people cried and whined about Miis being playable and then everybody was just ok with this...

I was actually ok with miis being playable but i don't like this, it ruins tradition.

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
Thank you! I honestly was so surprised that SOOOO many people cried and whined about Miis being playable and then everybody was just ok with this...

I was actually ok with miis being playable but i don't like this, it ruins tradition.
I haven't been for miis at all they look like fisher price toys i always found the polygon team/others pretty cool.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I was kind of expecting this all along, fighting a bunch of Miis at once just makes too much sense. Although I think that it should be called Multi-Mii Match, that's more fun to say.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
But I'm still curious what you guys who are against Multi Mii Mode would have wanted after Alloys.

I personally thought Alloys were the worst out of all four. I was also against the inclusion of Miis in smash until they actually showed them, and I think theyre great now.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm pretty happy about this. I didn't mind wire frames, but this is certainly more interesting in my opinion. :) Especially if it uses Miis from your console, which I'd say is very likely.

Vital Tundra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vital Tundra
3DS FC
1848-2159-5405
If they use Mii's from the system, which they should.It will make it very enjoyable. Also I hope it randomly generates what special moves they have.

NinjaCoachZ

Smash Rookie
Makes you wonder if Miis will be unlockable, and you unlock them through this mode.

Let's say... defeating 20 Miis in Cruel Mode?

Top Bottom