• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight release weather cancellations

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well aparently everyone lives in a state with snow. I live in Florida but it is windy as **** out, must be a hurricane on the way, I hope that doesn't interfere with the smashing.

twilightmystery

Smash Rookie
I cant get Brawl early either because of snow storms going on here. I think Sakurai made this snow happen so I would suffer more just like the past two delays :(

Laharl

Smash Rookie
Lots of rain here in Middletown, New York...
Flooding and roads closed all over. Looks like its calming down though, so hopefully its still on here.

epi_adict

Smash Rookie
Live in Kentucky and according to the regional manager he closed every store in his region expecting the roads to ice over... called walmart got a helpful guy who said he was going back to check a truck they just got and to call back in an hour... 1 hour later got a clueless girl who told me that they probably would not have it, asked about the guy got this response "Oh yeah. He's still back there, we may have it then. Call back later. OK. Bye Now. *click*" not the most helpful info, going to try back.

themitey1

Smash Cadet
I cant believe it...the 24/7 super Walmarts....CLOSED WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP!!!! mfnasdjfadsfbasdjkfnasjkdfnaslkdfksadnfgknrfte

epi_adict

Smash Rookie
Yay! my Walmart has it and will be open... gamestop just lost a lot of respect in my eyes because there was no need to close the entire Louisville region of stores because the weather was bad at one of them in Indiana... roads in my town are dry, no way they are freezing over... at least Walmart is comming to my rescue, kind of feel bad about making fun of that smiley face all these years.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
It's extremely windy here, I couldn't shake the feeling that it would be cancelled at my Gamestop, but the wind slacked off. Yay for me.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
This is actually good for those who havent played brawl yet. Now you have a couple of hours to practice.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I wasn't going to any midnight release, but I'm in Pennsylvania near the Delaware River and NJ border. It's pretty expected that it's gonna go 1-2 feet above the crest, meaning a good chance the roads nearby will get flooded. The height isn't that big of a deal.

The problem is that most of roads leading out from the township I live in happen to cross by either the Delaware or a smaller river/stream. The rivers and streams are guaranteed to flood, and there's a good chance the Delaware will do the same...right near the roads I have to travel to cross over the river and into New Jersey. NJ is where my job is. My workplace is Target, and if I'm pretty sure it would have a copy by the time I got there.

As long as the Delaware floods, almost all of my traveling routes will be blocked off by the local authorities. My only other option would be to get somebody to drive me the looooooooong way around all the flooded areas. Even then, NJ may be out of the question. The one option I refuse to accept though is to wait till Monday. >=/

Top Bottom