• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

fontisian

Smash Champion
Fonti, I see your points on FF. I don't agree with all of them, I think the part about scum power roles could come from either perspective, and the part about agreeing with Z then disagreeing looks to me more like acknowledging sound logic, but providing an alternate explanation. Could you try to explain the part about the scum power roles again? To me it just looks like role analysis.
It's like, the way he choose to talk about scum prs and the feeling of getting rolled, that's what it feels like when you're scum in this kind of game.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Ok, here's what will happen if we go with Chaco's plan:
I. I will target Trisscar.
2. The voyeur will target me.
3. The tracker will target me.
4. The roleblocker will target me and use a ninja shot.
5. The tracker will see nothing, because I was roleblocked.
6. The voyeur will see nothing, because the roleblocker used a ninja shot.
7. The will be no confirmation, and everyone will freak out Tomorrow.

Like, you guys get this, right? It's better if we leave the tracker's actions up to their discretion, because then both roleblock and the night kill have to be made with ninja shots, or scum risk me getting cleared or them getting caught.
Xivii, can you respond to this post by Fonti disagreeing with you that she can be cleared tonight.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
It's like, the way he choose to talk about scum prs and the feeling of getting rolled, that's what it feels like when you're scum in this kind of game.
I guess I can see that the argument could make sense, but I just don't see it? IDK, it does seem more focused on the scum feeling of the role game, but not sure if that necessarily has to come from scum. Sorry, you may be making a totally 400 IQ argument here but I don't think I have the experience to get what you are from that.

ExLight

Smash Lord
can you stop flipflopping ok thanks

and who's the leading wagon right now?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
My point is that you are trying to get other people to yeet Xivii without doing the dirty work yourself. You're saying you think he could be scum, but you aren't acting like you believe it, it's just words to you. You talked about roles from a mafia pov. And your language choice sounds like pocketing.
except I'm explicitly saying we shouldn't yeet xivii so that's quite a stretch. Saying we should keep an eye on xivii and not buy his claim forever at face value is what I'm doing and its a far cry from trying to get the slot lynched which you seem really, really focused on convincing everyone else is happening

I'm saying he could be scum, but I'm not convinced of it right now and don't think he is the play, how does that at all translate into "you don't believe what you're saying"?

literally no idea what you're talking about when you say I've talked about roles from a scum PoV

I really can't tell if you're a townie trying to post hoc rationalize a kneejerk read and doing a terrible job at it or just scum blatantly reaching

Malakandra

Smash Lord
[4] FrozenFlame: Fonti, Pit, Triss, Xivii
[3] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco, Malakandra
[1] BoomFrog: LaserGuy
[2] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, Jackrito
[1] Somitomi: #HBC | FrozenFlame
I think this is accurate

Malakandra

Smash Lord
except I'm explicitly saying we shouldn't yeet xivii so that's quite a stretch. Saying we should keep an eye on xivii and not buy his claim forever at face value is what I'm doing and its a far cry from trying to get the slot lynched which you seem really, really focused on convincing everyone else is happening

I'm saying he could be scum, but I'm not convinced of it right now and don't think he is the play, how does that at all translate into "you don't believe what you're saying"?

literally no idea what you're talking about when you say I've talked about roles from a scum PoV

I really can't tell if you're a townie trying to post hoc rationalize a kneejerk read and doing a terrible job at it or just scum blatantly reaching
Who do you support yeeting then?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Vote Xivii

I feel this is right today. I don't trust Xivii, and this should give us either a clear on Fonti, or a lot of evidence against Fonti. As well as more information on others.

Also Xivii should actually see this and might respond to post #776
He did. He agreed with it, or are you talking about your #777

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ok, here's what will happen if we go with Chaco's plan:
I. I will target Trisscar.
2. The voyeur will target me.
3. The tracker will target me.
4. The roleblocker will target me and use a ninja shot.
5. The tracker will see nothing, because I was roleblocked.
6. The voyeur will see nothing, because the roleblocker used a ninja shot.
7. The will be no confirmation, and everyone will freak out Tomorrow.

Like, you guys get this, right? It's better if we leave the tracker's actions up to their discretion, because then both roleblock and the night kill have to be made with ninja shots, or scum risk me getting cleared or them getting caught.
No Voy targets your target, ie Trisscar

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I most likely won't be able to come on before the deadline, but best of luck and hopefully whoever we push is right :lol:

I'll try to come on a little bit before the deadline but I'm unsure if that'll actually happen or not

Malakandra

Smash Lord
the heck does yeeting mean in this context
voting for them to die. It replaced Lynch because the main mafia forum didn't like the connotations and people agreed I think. Fonti was the one who told me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Scum won’t kill FF if they’re pushing him now. I’m gonna pour some wine here. But that’s the strongest town player I’ve seen and remembered. Frozen always scared the hell out of me when I was scum. I NKd him N1 I think in one of my earlier games where I rolled scum like 4 times in a row. The push for him isn’t solid enough. And I trust his reads more as concise and he mirrors a lot of my sentiments as there isn’t enough to push, and that’s playing safe plays, which is inherently pro town. FF push on last hours of D1 is reckless, imo.

I won’t come off of a Xivii push. Gives us the absolute most to go off, and it’s removing a huge endgame liability. Cause he won’t make it to endgame, that’s not hapoening.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
very good catch, why the deliberate anti-breadcrumb here Xiivi?
What do you mean, the point of an anti-breadcrumb is to throw scum off.
His preoccupation with directing the neap comes off far more suss with this claim imo
This is town motivated. I don't want it wasted. Like if Jack is Neap he's going to use it on Trisscar which is a 100% waste. I'd rather it be used on a powerwolf.
Idk about it
I can see how you interpreted it that way based on how I wrote it.
Xivii, can you respond to this post by Fonti disagreeing with you that she can be cleared tonight.
As I said, I change my mind and agree with Fonti/Chaco's plan. However, Fonti you should go on someone else: Boom/ExLight etc.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
lol, no, I know, I'm kinda asking the ones that suggested lynching me, not you specifically
thanks tho
I think its based on your slot, I was pro yeeting your slot before they dipped out, and I'm against yeeting someone a few hours after they come in. Especially when there are more sus people.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Fonti doesn’t even need to claim target then? Cause tracker will say, right?
Tracker and Voy on Fonti.
Neo, do your thing and clear a suss spot.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Still down for a No Lynch though if we can’t come to a consensus without botching. Like I said, it extends a day phase 100%.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
So fonti can't actually be mechanically cleared this night after all, right? Just making sure because I've seen that fact has been flipping around like crazy recently.

Top Bottom