• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Chaco

Never Logs In
See that’s what I’m saying it’s very confusing. Cause we didn’t get a VC, so impossible to tell if he just didn’t check and granted extension.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't see what harm voting after the extension will do, regardless if the host considers the hammer
it's a pretty good way to see how people flipflop and something similar literally cracked a game I played recently
Nah I’m saying before extension, homie. At actual deadline, I just don’t think he counted the votes and just dropped in to say he was extending

ExLight

Smash Lord
Rajam asking to let the hammer go on is pretty noble despite hurting their team no matter who they are, I can respect that

Nah I’m saying before extension, homie. At actual deadline, I just don’t think he counted the votes and just dropped in to say he was extending
you lost me

Yeah about that... That’s what Zen’s last claim was.
yea, I know, I thought twas the deadline and was trying something
do I look like I'd trust an unbacked up claim from him though

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don’t think UP counter the votes when he was here, like a running total.

I’m cool with just EOD though. Don’t really see a point extending here unless we are gonna switch.i was ready for the flip.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Final Vote Count

[3] Rajam: Malakandra, Trisscar, ExLight, LaserGuy, Xivii
[2] Laserguy: Rajam, Chaco
[1] Malakandra: Darkpit54

Not voting: Z25

Rajam has been lynched. They were:

a Vanilla Townie

Flavor

It is now Night 3. Please refrain from posting in this thread until Day 4, which will begin on July 21st at 8 PM EST.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Trisscar has been killed during the Night. They were:

the Tracker Mason

"One thing's for sure, the mafia have done well with knocking out the power roles!"

"I guess it came down to good judgment? I'll grant you that one. There's still one last mason left in play though."

"Maybe scum'll go four for four?"

"We'll see..."

It is now Day 4. Day 4 will end on July 26th at 8 PM EST.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With tris being townie, that really leaves Mala, Laser, and then Chaco or hell even Zen if we’re being played hard. The other mason is gone so now he can’t be easily counter claimed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm the other mason. Laser, please answer everything from yesterday.
Why claim maps and out yourself but then lie and say Darkpit was the mason?

From a scum perspective there’s no reason they don’t kill you first.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Honestly that explains a lot of early high reads. Do we think that was rolecop or just poe? Not like it really matters ig

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why claim maps and out yourself but then lie and say Darkpit was the mason?

From a scum perspective there’s no reason they don’t kill you first.
On the off chance scum didn't already conclude Triss was tracker from the role cop results, I wanted to direct the kill toward me. And if not me DP.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What is the Chaco tier?
Why didn't you include Ex
I was typing too many names out and forgot Ex as my thoughts are in multiple places right now.
Chaco Tier is you and him.

Also known as the people I want to believe are town based on my perceptive of their play but am concerned could be playing town big time.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
With tris being townie, that really leaves Mala, Laser, and then Chaco or hell even Zen if we’re being played hard. The other mason is gone so now he can’t be easily counter claimed.
If he's lying he'll be cc'd. Claiming mason with me was wine lol, to protect the real tracker and ideally both masons

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’d say POE. Playstyle backed off from early game and took a more backseat role. If Triss hadn’t been killed I was thinking they were potentially scum due to the playstyle shift.

I think it’s time for mass claim. PoE from VT claims.

Waiting for counter claims for Xivii, if no one comes forward we proceed.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mass claim go.

Looking at Ex, Z, and Laser toDay.

Gonna analyze Rajam push a bit further in a bit.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Massclaim is literally just Xivii unless there's a cc though. I think being mason explains his chocolate claim though, as well as the revocation. I don't see a cc coming.

I will hardclaim VT lol

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I was typing too many names out and forgot Ex as my thoughts are in multiple places right now.
Chaco Tier is you and him.

Also known as the people I want to believe are town based on my perceptive of their play but am concerned could be playing town big time.
So your pool is essentially all of town?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the off chance scum didn't already conclude Triss was tracker from the role cop results, I wanted to direct the kill toward me. And if not me DP.
This implies you knew DP was town because mafia wouldn’t target their in kind so why throw a potential scum in your pool. Sure DP seems town but taking a gamble like that isn’t a smart option.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This implies you knew DP was town because mafia wouldn’t target their in kind so why throw a potential scum in your pool. Sure DP seems town but taking a gamble like that isn’t a smart option.
Yes, that's correct. Just as DP being the only player not in your pool implies that you know he is town

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So your pool is essentially all of town?
Yes because this game has been a giant mind ****.

But if I were to tier people:

Least likely:
DP

Possible: Mala, Ex

Higher possibility: Chaco or You and laser.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Why is Xivii in your higher possibility when he is the other claimed mason and I find it highly unlikely anyone is going to CC him.

Honestly I thought Masons were DP and Trisscar, but I was more sure on DP, which I guess I was wrong about, add it to the list this game I guess.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes, that's correct. Just as DP being the only player not in your pool implies that you know he is town
On the contrary the answer should be obvious.

As I just said I’m suspicious of your claim now and the timing of triss’s death.

Your a bold player but I’d be surprised if you threw a mate in with you in that masons post. I could be wrong but I’d bet against it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why is Xivii in your higher possibility when he is the other claimed mason and I find it highly unlikely anyone is going to CC him.

Honestly I thought Masons were DP and Trisscar, but I was more sure on DP, which I guess I was wrong about, add it to the list this game I guess.
Because again, Zen has claimed twice and somehow not be targeted by scum. Maybe I’m overthinking it but that’s really sketchy. And he could still be counter claimed. I’ll change my mind if that happens obviously but my god if he’s town he’s play has been god damn terrible. It’s thrown everything up in the air and made this way harder to solve then it should have been.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Running list of VT claims and confirmed:

Confirmed:
Rajam
BoomFrog

Claimed:
Chaco
DP
Exlight

Keep the claims coming. Sucks gonna be in VT claims life I’ve said since D2.

There’s only a possibility of 5-6, 6 if no traitor, 5 if active.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii getting CCd wouldn’t surprise me at this point, but it kindve fits his play, but goes totally against his plan D1 to draw the NK.

Idk man. Confusing ass game this has been.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My claim should be extremely obvious to some of the people who have been in games with me before as I rant about it all the time. I’m vanilla hence why I’ve played to my meta of being less directly involved if vanilla and try to examine things from an outside perspective. That and I literally switched in so I had to have that same mentality.

Top Bottom