• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

ExLight

Smash Lord
Correct. Even if you are certain Boom is lying, don't say anything, don't even talk about him, just yeet Rajam and we can deal with Boom Tomorrow.
ooh, I think I see what you're doing
that's an interesting strategy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't get what you mean
I believe their point, is that the traitor should still win even if their mates die, as they are technically of a separate alignment. In most games if you had a traitor, they can work like a third party, and still win if they are alive.

Cha's point is that he would have bused frozen if it helped him in that scenario reach his win con.

Plus day 1, FF got piled on fast, I don't think it matters if the traitor bused them or not.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't get what you mean
Nevermind I was thinking of a traitor where they don’t win unless they’re alive at endgame when scum win. There’s to many types of traitors. But looking at the front it just seems to be an additional number. Which is something to think about actually.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Does traitor win if they are dead and scum takes majority?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I believe their point, is that the traitor should still win even if their mates die, as they are technically of a separate alignment. In most games if you had a traitor, they can work like a third party, and still win if they are alive.

Cha's point is that he would have bused frozen if it helped him in that scenario reach his win con.

Plus day 1, FF got piled on fast, I don't think it matters if the traitor bused them or not.
Yeo this with addendum of what I just said. Cause I was thinking that it was typical traitor where they have to be alive to win since it’s a non recruit. But asking for clarification on that one.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Vote Count 2.04

[4] BoomFrog: Chaco, LaserGuy, Z25, Xivii
[2] Chaco: ExLight, Darkpit54
[2] Rajam: BoomFrog, Malakandra
[1] ExLight: Trisscar
[1] Z25: Rajam

Not voting: Fontisian

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

Day 2 ends on July 12th at 8 PM EST

Last edited:

ExLight

Smash Lord
that's just wrong tho
you can read they have the same wincon as the main mafia in the OP post

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The traitor is not a separate faction; for all tenses and purposes, they are mafia. They can still win with mafia if they are lynched or killed. However, they do not share the factional communication, and the mafia is unaware of their existence.

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If I am mason and claim and we yeet Rajam I still get shot. Yes, this takes away the downsides of a late claim if I'm scum, but not the downside of an early claim if I'm town. I'll claim if Xivii concurs with you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
We were right there. On the cusp of greatness. But a tall glass of wine stood in the way.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The traitor is not a separate faction; for all tenses and purposes, they are mafia. They can still win with mafia if they are lynched or killed. However, they do not share the factional communication, and the mafia is unaware of their existence.
They cannot win solo though correct?

Chaco

Never Logs In
For all sakes and purposes though what Boom says is accurate, it’s still not solid enough to not pursue a Lynch imo. If Boom is scum, we could potentially be handing them a mislynch with Rajam.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Obviously I support a Boom Lynch over Rajam, but am willing to go for Rajam if majority doesn’t pursue.

But if Boom is town, good chance he gets shot anyways if we don’t lynch on those grounds.

welcome to the vineyard.

ExLight

Smash Lord
actually, it depends whether or not they can perform the kill if they're the last ones remaining
so I guess maybe they can't

Chaco

Never Logs In
They don’t have any abilities, so no kill. I CAN DECIPHER THAT PART!

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
But if Boom is town, good chance he gets shot anyways if we don’t lynch on those grounds
This may be true, but it would save us a mislynch toMorrow. That's still a win for us overall

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Obviously I support a Boom Lynch over Rajam, but am willing to go for Rajam if majority doesn’t pursue.

But if Boom is town, good chance he gets shot anyways if we don’t lynch on those grounds.

welcome to the vineyard.
What even is this logic

Chaco

Never Logs In
the vote count is messed up.???

there should be allowance for that then.

unvote

Top Bottom