• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Chaco

Never Logs In
and lol at the quickhammer. Chaco does not live to endgame
Obviously didn’t realize that due to inaccurate count. I see now where it’s messed up multiple places. DarkPit was never voting me either

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I still would like for him to be able to catch up all the way to present first, even if Xivii seems to think thats unlikely.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeo this with addendum of what I just said. Cause I was thinking that it was typical traitor where they have to be alive to win since it’s a non recruit. But asking for clarification on that one.
that's just wrong tho
you can read they have the same wincon as the main mafia in the OP post
Yes but as you can see there was confusion over that.
Z25 Z25 how does this affect your read
You could still be traitor.

If you are and think your scum team can win it, why not sacrifice your self and make all your posts invalid?

It causes a lot of confusion and could easily interfere with us making the right call.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If we get to LYLO and still haven't got scum, yeet Xivii. If xivii is scum and a mason is killed N2 and Fontisian is still alive then Fonti is scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Listen tra
You could still be traitor.

If you are and think your scum team can win it, why not sacrifice your self and make all your posts invalid?
Ok but earlier you argued adamantly that I wouldn't bus. So what changed?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Rajam won’t, zen is right, it’s how they always play.
Fair enough, feels a bit wrong to yeet someone, even if they are scum, before they catch up all the way and have time to lie interact. But if Rajam isn't going to get all the way caught up then its ok I guess.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
For the record, the only traitor I've played with:
-cannot communicate with the mafia
-wins with the mafia
-loses if all core mafia are dead

Chaco

Never Logs In
If we get to LYLO and still haven't got scum, yeet Xivii. If xivii is scum and a mason is killed N2 and Fontisian is still alive then Fonti is scum.
Disagree with the latter part. If Fonti is mason confirmed, no way they could be scum. Cause there was no action that could’ve been caught by Voyeur sans NK because it was an odd night.

Fully agree though that Xivii is first yeet at LYLO.

Boom I want to love your slot, but Frozen made it sooooo hard to ignore his patterns.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Listen tra

Ok but earlier you argued adamantly that I wouldn't bus. So what changed?
It was day one, FF was done for at that point.

Also you have a very valid reason too. They don’t know who you are and odds are they kill you before anything else. If you didn’t vote, you would be outed as traitor to scum most likely, even if you aren’t the traitor.

If you can’t communicate with your team, then what would be the point in keeping someone alive who is getting voted for anyway?

This allows you to try and sack yourself later and fuel confusion.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It was day one, FF was done for at that point.

Also you have a very valid reason too. They don’t know who you are and odds are they kill you before anything else. If you didn’t vote, you would be outed as traitor to scum most likely, even if you aren’t the traitor.

If you can’t communicate with your team, then what would be the point in keeping someone alive who is getting voted for anyway?

This allows you to try and sack yourself later and fuel confusion.
OK but why did you argue earlier that I wouldn't bus?

Chaco

Never Logs In
For the record, the only traitor I've played with:
-cannot communicate with the mafia
-wins with the mafia
-loses if all core mafia are dead
I’ve played multiple variants:

doesn’t win with scum if dead
recruitable
Godfather variant which is basically recruitable

And I seemingly recall there’s one that is in scumgroup but has counter win con.

traitor is easy af to confuse

Chaco

Never Logs In
If we think he’s traitor there’s no point not to lynch him because he is a direct number mod confirmed, not an outlier like previously thought.
So scum is scum here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OK but why did you argue earlier that I wouldn't bus?
Cause for all intensive purposes you are not on the scum team if traitor. Being apart of a team requires teamwork and communication. Something you literally couldn’t do in this scenario.

Not to mention that my philosophy was based on if you are true scum.

As a traitor you would play by a different rule set no doubt.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Cause for all intensive purposes you are not on the scum team if traitor. Being apart of a team requires teamwork and communication. Something you literally couldn’t do in this scenario.

Not to mention that my philosophy was based on if you are true scum.

As a traitor you would play by a different rule set no doubt.
Traitor can't win solo. Why would they bus.

Enough with all the variant talk. This is how traitor works.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeeting Zen also gives us the benefit of reviewing his content and learning more on his stances. He had to have breadcrumbed that he was traitor to scum. If we yeet him, and he flips traitor, we can use those Posts to narrow scum down.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Because of what I said above, either you try and start another wagon or you join your own. It’s not hard to see why you would bus.

THERES ZERO REPERCUSSION BUSSING D1 FOR SAFETY AS A TRAITOR. Only thing is you might attract an NK, but you’ve made pretty sure to muddy everything up enough that’s not feasible.

ExLight

Smash Lord
If we think he’s traitor there’s no point not to lynch him because he is a direct number mod confirmed, not an outlier like previously thought.
So scum is scum here.
they can't win by themselves and they can get lynched/nightkilled by their own scumbuds tho

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Traitor can't win solo. Why would they bus.

Enough with all the variant talk. This is how traitor works.
Jesus you really are just being dense to be dense huh?

My exact point was that you win if alive or dead if traitor. If your scumates are sitting favorablely, then there’s no reason not to bus someone who was done for anyway. Now stop pretending you don’t understand this concept.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeeting Zen also gives us the benefit of reviewing his content and learning more on his stances. He had to have breadcrumbed that he was traitor to scum. If we yeet him, and he flips traitor, we can use those Posts to narrow scum down.
Doubtful he would crumb. He would just make himself scummy enough to not be nightkilled, but be spared from the yeet canyon.

ExLight

Smash Lord
and as I said before why would the traitor push for a main scum lynch D1 instead of just taking it in their asses

Chaco

Never Logs In
they can't win by themselves and they can get lynched/nightkilled by their own scumbuds tho
Right it still is a win to hit traitor though. Traitor is leaps and bounds better than potentially hitting a mislynch going for pure scum.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom I want to love your slot, but Frozen made it sooooo hard to ignore his patterns.
Maybe don't let FF smear his goober all over me? Like he was way too blatant about supporting me. You think he does that to a scummate?

Chaco

Never Logs In
and as I said before why would the traitor push for a main scum lynch D1 instead of just taking it in their asses
Because we are in D2 and mod has just now confirmed traitors full parameters. I’d say that’s ample reason.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If you bus your teammate as traitor, you're game throwing simple as that. I never use that term for anything other than it's legitimate use. People often say it whenever they disagree with someone about their play or someone makes a bad play, but you would genuinely be game throwing in this case.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also Z25 you haven't answer the most important question for why as traitor I would retract my Chocolate claim when it was a free ride to endgame.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Because we are in D2 and mod has just now confirmed traitors full parameters. I’d say that’s ample reason.
most of them was kinda obvious to me from the very beginning tho

yall could've asked for the role PMs like I did all the way back to D1 too
so that's kinda on yall

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Jesus you really are just being dense to be dense huh?

My exact point was that you win if alive or dead if traitor. If your scumates are sitting favorablely, then there’s no reason not to bus someone who was done for anyway. Now stop pretending you don’t understand this concept.
TRAITOR CANT WIN IF THE SCUM TEAM IS DEAD.

TRAITOR CAN WIN IF HE/SHE is DEAD AND THE SCUM TEAM IS ALIVE

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you bus your teammate as traitor, you're game throwing simple as that. I never use that term for anything other than it's legitimate use. People often say it whenever they disagree with someone about their play or someone makes a bad play, but you would genuinely be game throwing in this case.
That’s not game throwing though, it’s self preservation. Unbeknownst to them they would have an additional number, but then again they could know, we just don’t know. However, if you bus as regular scum, you bus as traitor. I’ve won many games bussing as scum because it can be necessity. Sure there are times when you wouldn’t want to, but D1 is pretty clear FF wagon or your own. Go against Fonti spearhead? Doubtful.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Xiivi is still a solid townlean to me unless someone is able to show some really good ass theory
I like fonti's(?) so far but it's kinda stretchy

Top Bottom