• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Gonna catch up tonight when I lay down for bed. I missed deadline the other day because I was at a family get together post fourth. But I forreal tunneled Xivii too hard, and hot picketed by FF.

From reread during night phase, I’m thinking maybe Boom/Somi as scum mates
Tunnel vision would be a reason why you're still alive. As someone who is townreading you, and seemingly an universal town-read from yersterDay, I'm telling you: drop the tunnel, look somewhere else. Scum left you alive for a reason: you were wrong :p

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
ok so first impression reading the thread was that Darkpit and Trisscar are legit mafia but that's likely wrong
based on wagonomics and assuming scum didn't early bus FF I'd say maybe Chaco and Z25
maaaaaaaaybe BoomFrog

Did Jack hint he was going to drop at any point? umu

in the end I don't have much to work with umu
nevermind

fontisian

Smash Champion
ExLight ExLight , weird question, but at what point in timing did you see the masony stuff between nsg and Z25? Was it before eod?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
- Was it luck Mafia got the cop, or did NSG crumb at some point?
He soft claimed. Said something to the like of being able to prove himself town but that apparently claiming is a bad idea.
Tunnel vision would be a reason why you're still alive. As someone who is townreading you, and seemingly an universal town-read from yersterDay, I'm telling you: drop the tunnel, look somewhere else. Scum left you alive for a reason: you were wrong :p
Yeah so we need to execute Rajam too.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah I caught that from NSG also. That’s why I said either town or coached by high tier scum.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Regarding whether I am confirmed at this point, I think it's fair to ask a mason (not both) to claim if they have evidence that I am not the visitor. Otherwise, they should not claim, and I should be assumed town, since I, uh, yeeted the scum who could have roleblocked my last night. I'll confirm again that I targetted laser
This. I can't imagine scum Fonti getting Frozen. If she wanted to bus, she wouldn't do it to the scummate that could prevent her fakeclaim from being called out.

Missed the thing with NSG, I was lost on how mafia managed to hit him. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ex replaced Somi and Rajam replaced Jack, right? I don't see Ex as scum (unless traitor) because Frozen tried to yeet him at the end with no one to defend him (though this could have been distancing or attempted bussing ig), but I could easily see Rajam.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Can you quote the relevant part that you missed?
Pit put it inside a spoiler quote thing so I can't, but it's the "It is also known that the number of ninja shots that the Mafia have. If a visitor is present, the Mafia get 2 extra ninja shots. If a Chocolate Townie is present, then the Mafia get 1 extra ninja shot. If a Traitor is present, the Mafia get 1 less ninja shot."

Chaco

Never Logs In
I like when people make cases against me, it honestly helps me scum hunt. Cause I looked over your highlight post, and the things you were pointing out were very hard reaches, which is why I posted the above. And here we are, so I wanna see what you’ve got.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think FF spearhead clears Fonti/Xiv. No scum mate would fabricate a Lynch and then gun it down which Fonti did. That would be an insane IQ play, and FF would never go for that as a scum mate.

Pit is still town to me.

I said Somi/Boom based on what FF said about the slots. I’ll dig back and bring it forward with my thoughts on that in a bit. (If I’m still awake.) But those two were definitely the ones that stuck out in my mind.

ExLight

Smash Lord
it wasn't in the OP so I was kinda confused as why people were assuming mafia could figure out which roles were around and which ones weren't

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
how does the recruit shot work?
don't even dare to tell me you can't give details, this is a semi-open setup so info about how each role works should be public umu
would mafia be seen by a tracker if they tried to verify if someone was a traitor?
and is it a separate action or do any targeting actions become a traitor check?

depending on Poy's answer fonti might not be verifiable though

ExLight

Smash Lord
I like when people make cases against me, it honestly helps me scum hunt. Cause I looked over your highlight post, and the things you were pointing out were very hard reaches, which is why I posted the above. And here we are, so I wanna see what you’ve got.
it's almost as if I joined 3h away from the deadline and had to rushingly catch up with 1k posts huh

Chaco

Never Logs In
it's almost as if I joined 3h away from the deadline and had to rushingly catch up with 1k posts huh
That was after Day start?

And what I disliked most is the fact you say I flagged Raxx essentially for not being on meds. I either had not seen that, or it hadn’t been posted yet, not sure which cause that was way back. Regardless, that as a push is ultra grimey.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Just checked and it was a full page or so after I had posted that where Raxx revealed that and opted to replace out.

ExLight

Smash Lord
And what I disliked most is the fact you say I flagged Raxx essentially for not being on meds. I either had not seen that, or it hadn’t been posted yet, not sure which cause that was way back. Regardless, that as a push is ultra grimey.
oh, MINE was grimey? c'mon now
you were pulling their leg over a first page post

That was after Day start?
well, then 1h30 before the night deadline so I could drop something for us to work with to compensate my old slot's low activity
still rushed umu

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Pit put it inside a spoiler quote thing so I can't, but it's the "It is also known that the number of ninja shots that the Mafia have. If a visitor is present, the Mafia get 2 extra ninja shots. If a Chocolate Townie is present, then the Mafia get 1 extra ninja shot. If a Traitor is present, the Mafia get 1 less ninja shot."
Sorry :facepalm:

There's a recruit shot? :eek:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
idk if I understood what you meant here then
That was me talking about why NSG was unlikely to be pushed by Zen if Zen was scum. Zen was talking about how it would be Logical for him to push a NSG lynch if NSG flipped town, because as I said NSG very obvious newbie townie. Zen an experienced player would not make that move as he would look bad if pushing that. That’s the gist essentially. It was more Zen trying to feel out my slot though I believe.
ok jokes aside, I began reading the game today and should be caught up in a day or two. Regarding the NKill I have some questions:

- Was it luck Mafia got the cop, or did NSG crumb at some point?

Usually Mafia NKills target one of the next:
- Players with good reputation
- Power Roles
- Players with good ongoing reads
- Inactives or weak townies in order to prevent leaving trails

From what I've read NSG seems like a new guy, not specially a strong one. If Mafia just got lucky hitting a PR it means Mafia went the inactive/weak townie route, which also means the strong townie players have, most likely, wrong reads (there is always the possibility the 'strong townie' players are scum, but that's always an option regardless of w/e we think)

----

Also, thoughts on mass claim? Anyone opposed to it should give a reason, otherwise I'll read blatant no's as a scumtell.
From what I can tell, it seems mafia got very lucky unfortunately.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ex it's difficult for me to believe that you had scumread Dark Pit after reading through. And even if DP and Triss aren't scum together based on the wagon, why couldn't one of them be scum?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ex read the post in the sign up thread in its entirety and it’ll give you the full set up. We missed it too at first. ie what caused Xivii and Fonti’s claims.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
isn't that how traitor works?
I believe in this, the traitor, if there is one, is there from the start. They are aware of who mafia is, but mafia doesn't know who the traitor is or if there is one without using ninja math to figure it out

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think I might need to do that actually. Aside from not having the necessary medicime to focus on something like this, certain events that have played out this week pertaining to another community I'm very invested in have destroyed my motivation.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin If you could, I'd like to replace out. I'm very sorry, I imagined myself very excited to be doing mafia again after a break but now is not the time for me.
ExLight ExLight

Didn’t see it prior. Didn’t even see it again when looking back. I responded to what was addressed to me there.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He soft claimed. Said something to the like of being able to prove himself town but that apparently claiming is a bad idea.
Yeah so we need to execute Rajam too.
I missed that post then when I joined and read the thread. That makes more sense then.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uh yes, cause that’s indicaticative I’d lurk scum.
oh, MINE was grimey? c'mon now
you were pulling their leg over a first page post

well, then 1h30 before the night deadline so I could drop something for us to work with to compensate my old slot's low activity
still rushed umu
^ The post I read was right after DayStart, did you post the same post before?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
hi how many mafia games have you played before
A few, though more hour long varients like ToS and ToL than this long form stuff.

frozen's insight in #203. I think it's easier for scum to talk about their town 'leans' because they know who is/isnt town (and its easier to mask 'providing content' that way), and frozen's read on trisscar reads as a genuine 'town lean'
Frozen does not appear to have town leaned me there at all, in fact it looks like they said "null". You should read that again mate.

Mason doesn't need to claim. Especially seeing as Fonti led the Frozen execution.
^This.

it wasn't in the OP so I was kinda confused as why people were assuming mafia could figure out which roles were around and which ones weren't

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
don't even dare to tell me you can't give details, this is a semi-open setup so info about how each role works should be public umu
would mafia be seen by a tracker if they tried to verify if someone was a traitor?
and is it a separate action or do any targeting actions become a traitor check?

depending on Poy's answer fonti might not be verifiable though
As far as I remember, it has been confirmed by mod that the recruit shot is not in play at all. I could however be misremembering.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Y’all are dope. Thanks!

So reading back in FF, you can definitely see him back Boom at most points, even when Boom voted FF, and then later wouldn’t join on board the FF Lynch. I can’t say anything here though, cause I was too far in the tunnel that was Xivii.

Somi slot isn’t as clear to me how he felt, but there was something that stuck out to me before.

Top Bottom