• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Looks like I'm allowed to post still. If FF flips town and I'm dead D2 then Font and xivii are scum mates.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Looks like I'm allowed to post still. If FF flips town and I'm dead D2 then Font and xivii are scum mates.
didn't they both claim something
I feel like town would've counterclaimed if they were scum

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
didn't they both claim something
I feel like town would've counterclaimed if they were scum
They claimed very late, after it was clear no one else would. Xivii especially, Fonti's timing was more ligit. Also, if mafia has 0 ninja shots then they know there can't be counter claims.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Final Vote Count

[7] #HBC | FrozenFlame: Fontisian, Darkpit54, Trisscar, Xivii, LaserGuy, Malakandra, Z25
[3] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, Jackrito, ExLight
[2] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco
[1] ExLight: #HBC | FrozenFlame

Not voting: Nobody

#HBC | FrozenFlame has been lynched. They were:

the Odd-Night Roleblocker

Flavor

It is now Night 1. Please refrain from posting in this thread until D2, which will begin on July 7th at 8 PM EST

Last edited:

ExLight

Smash Lord
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin is the scum team notified whether or not they have a traitor on their team?
8. Factional communication (mafiatalk, masontalk) is restricted to the night phase only, so faction talking is not allowed during the day. Factional communication is allowed at all times.
and did this change before or after the game started?
if the latter, when?

This feels like it's coming more from a scum point of view. Also, hasn't read the setup.

Vote: NonSpecificGuy
super early serious vote, sus
and going after an inexperienced player

if so, all cool with a chocolate claim tbh.
Don't like this
It isn't even guaranteed that we have a chocolate and if they claimed scum would just kill a town "conf" early on, which is prolly not ideal

The argument for the scum team is as follows:
this is a pretty solid post and got FF right so maybe I'll reread it with more care as the game goes on
it probably hit at least two scum since it spotted some early interactions

Ninja may have another, though I'm uncertain.
hi how many mafia games have you played before

LaserGuy likes to read deeply into minor things. He goes the wrong way with it a lot of the time though. I can imagine him having either perspective on the issue.
Do you have a game where he was town that he did that so you can prove your point?

Not Much Info Yet, But What We've Gotten Has Been Good:
FrozenFlame: We obviously haven't gotten a lot, but what have gotten seems very well thought out and genuinely town-motivated.
this didn't age well

This is quite high based off the little he has posted.
I agree

8. Darkpit54 - posts just don't set of scum alarm bells for me at all, and the content seems mostly on point so its a solid townlean
hmmm

So what happened to this? If not V/LA, lurking and letting game play out?
Early game interaction only at Xivii. Responds to me waaaaay late about early game call out of Xiivi’s posting.
this post is nasty and I hate it
going after someone that is having a hard time due to meds because of a post made during RVS? c'mon man

If you guys think I'm traitor, Voyeur can be on me. Plus we can have the visitor target me if there is one so masons will know
this is pretty nonsensical and idgi
what does one thing have to do with the other

No because they aren't a part of mafia's numbers so bussing would be counterproductive.
lol
I literally just came out of a game with 4 mafia factions, each one with a traitor
and in most of them the traitor bussed and kept poking their own teammates to attract their attention

btw it's kinda funny FF liked that post and prolly got bussed by a few scums LMAO

I don't like this post. As town, why wouldn't you save this theory until after this occurs? Whereas scum or traitor has much more incentive to get this information to the other side of this combo, and to clarify for themselves.
what? I don't see why pointing this out would be harmful to town, theorizing about mechanics is important

Unvote
Until we can get a replacement in action.
idg why you'd remove your vote if you thought raxx was scum. If they were scum so would their replacement be, they should enter as a scumlean not as a fresh white sheet
well, I guess I could see you doing that to place your vote somewhere more useful in the meanwhile, but still

like no, the traitor is an objectively worse scum slot all around, you'd have to be like actively sabotaging your team as a non-traitor scum to make that tradeoff worth
asking the traitor to not bus them (if any)
if they're aware a traitor exists that might be a direct message to them, which basically would confirm it
in this case we might want to keep an eye on last minute voters that bussed him or people that didn't vote him at all

Darkpit you seem to be liking alot of posts which means your here. I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on my slot, you mentioned earlier not wanting to lynch them before a replacement can arrive I here I am. I get where you are coming from, I don't know why my slot interacted primarily with Xivii, if I had to guess itd be the RL issues and Xivii was posting the most so it would be easier to interact with him.
good poke

I, a fontisian, do not believe in focusing on self-defense, but rather intend to show my towniness via my hunting and my logic.
lmao, right, because people can't go full sophists and cause mislynches using logic right
Ironically this entire post is focusing on self-defense but I guess it was asked for

"forcing" fonti to give her reads? where was this forcing exactly? this comes off a bit chainsaw-y, where is this impassioned faith in fonti's strategy to strategically hide reads for some kind of future payoff coming from?
!
this jump defending Tris kinda pinged me hard

I'm chocolate.
why did you claim yeet
and why at that point, was there even a wagon on you?
I believe until someone counterclaims, but did you soft anywhere or anything? that would help you clear you 100%
No crumbs no
nevermind
I pushed ExLight with similar strength despite townreading him during the process.
douche boy ùmú
I am the visitor.
ok why the **** did you claim
Just saw fonti's visitor claim, that can be confirmed by the voyeur, right?
What, no, why would he?
Mafia has the minimum amount of common sense they'll will just off him if he's telling the truth since there are no doctors or watcher : psyduck:
if anything visitor is just tracker bait which sucks tbh umu

This means that Xivii cannot be mafia, btw
hey, I bought you this trampoline since you love jumping to conclusions so much

BoomFrog - nullscum.
huh, I guess my theory is thrown outta the window

If your push was successful, a lynch on NSG when you had very little to go off of, you would look very bad and likely go next.
hmmm

...Oh **** Extension vote was for an actual extension not a player. My brain may in fact be on holiday right now.
:laugh::smash:

If Frozen flips mafia, bump ExLight up to town.
uwu

OK. I am targeting Laser.
nice this would kinda be what I'd've asked you to do if I had caught up before so that's sexy dabdabdab
actually

They claimed very late, after it was clear no one else would. Xivii especially, Fonti's timing was more ligit. Also, if mafia has 0 ninja shots then they know there can't be counter claims.
Where in the rules does it say that the Ninja amount of shots is proportional to the number of town power roles? I

[7] #HBC | FrozenFlame: Fontisian, Darkpit54, Trisscar, Xivii, LaserGuy, Malakandra, Z25
this is kind of a curve ball because I was scumreading Darkpit and Trisscar throughout all of this and now I'm kinda completely lost because if they're scum the chances of them lynching FF is ridiculously low since it makes little to no sense to lynch the power role that could 'disrupt' town's plan for the night during D1 lmfao

and by bussing I mean making their wagon chonky kind of bus, not after it already had enough votes; the latter is probably just scum trying to blend in probably

one of them might be scum trying to get early towncred but I'd legit be surprised

I'm mildly confident on Laser being the traitor if we have one

[1] Jackrito: ExLight
I voted Laser, not Jack smh

ok so first impression reading the thread was that Darkpit and Trisscar are legit mafia but that's likely wrong
based on wagonomics and assuming scum didn't early bus FF I'd say maybe Chaco and Z25
maaaaaaaaybe BoomFrog

Did Jack hint he was going to drop at any point? umu

in the end I don't have much to work with umu

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Rip NSG. Can't believe they hit the neap :cry:

That was a lot Ex so I'll address it in a sec lol

Rajam

Smash Champion
Guys, it's fine. I got town. Game is solved

As you might know I'm the absolute best mafia player ever by far. By not NKilling me Mafia made their utmost final mistake. This leads me to believe the mafia team is composed of players who don't know me, like newbies or those losers from those foreign nigerian forum sites

The instructions to solve the game are fairly easy to follow:
- Mass claim
- Lynch BoomFrog
- Lynch the guy who didnt want to talk D1

Anyone not following these steps will be blacklisted from future games. gg wp scum this was fun.

MOD: Please sign me up in the next game. Starting when again?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
this didn't age well[/QUOTE

Can't argue with this one :lol:

Grouping these together:
Mafia has the minimum amount of common sense they'll will just off him if he's telling the truth since there are no doctors or watcher :
if they claimed scum would just kill a town "conf" early on, which is prolly not ideal
ok why the **** did you claim
Chocolate was asked to claim because it's basically a miller if it exists, so a claim could potentially save Neap a night. Visitor claims because they could be confirmed as town pretty easily by voyeur and also to not waste Neap's night. It was unlikely that either would be killed as their "ability" really isn't very helpful, and if they are killed that means mafia wastes a night not killing the neap or masons, whose abilities are much more powerful.

Where in the rules does it say that the Ninja amount of shots is proportional to the number of town power roles?
In the signup thread:

It is also known that the number of ninja shots that the Mafia have. If a visitor is present, the Mafia get 2 extra ninja shots. If a Chocolate Townie is present, then the Mafia get 1 extra ninja shot. If a Traitor is present, the Mafia get 1 less ninja shot.
oof isn't that our cop equivalent
It is :(

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
If quotes worked better I would go find and quote the post that said *glares at the quote system*

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here’s my current read list with some amends having to be made due to switch ins and our flip:

Town:
Chaco: They’ve been actively participating, and with strong content. Posts like 870 I like because it’s rare for scum day one to have a hard stance like that when they can ride a usually free push on someone in the game without suspicion. To try and yeet zen a pretty strong player day one would be a bold move, that just doesn’t seem likely as a scum play. They stick to their own views regardless of the wagon, and that’s usually a pretty townie tell.

Alternatively you could argue they didn’t want to consider frozen who then flipped scum, but I doubt scum Cha tries to save his mate by pushing a stronger player who had a solid claim behind them.

zen: Honestly pretty simple, he started out a little different then usual, but I see more of his usual self here. He’s listened and changed opinions based on points which is pretty townie oriented. Caring so much about getting people to vote near the end of the day is something, scum zen likely wouldn’t do when his mate was in hot water. Plus as I said, his slogan is to win with all mates alive, I don’t think that will change(and it shouldn’t because that’s a fun goal but that isn’t important).

Fonti: pretty self explanatory. She made solid points against FF, and can be confirmed.

Mostly likely Town;

Darkpit: they’ve been engaging actively, seem to have a fair understanding but still the vibes of someone who wants to learn more through their posts, which feels more like a townie whose newish, and not likely to be coached by someone like FF who seems to be a strong player from what the thread said. They’ve been actively trying to be involved as well and it feels more town motivated.

Triss: They provide good content and observations when here. Their list that functioned as a psudeo reads lost but also observed The general gist of each player was pretty good. It also makes for a useful tool to think on, so I don’t think scum does that day one.

Mala: They’ve been here often, actively participates and again provides observations that are clear attempts to try and solve. It’s hard to fake some of the confusion they have had, which is something a townie will have more then scum due to the latter having better

Null:
Boom:
Triss:
Honestly I’m going to cover both of these as my thoughts are similar. They’ve provided content but are still pretty hard players to read. I haven’t felt strongly one at or another for their alignment.

NSG: well he barely posted but was apparently town( flip happened as I typed this up), so I had no good read oh him.

Good Scum candidate:

Jack:
Somi/Ex:

Both of them weren’t as active, and I didn’t think much of their content, (mostly jacks as somi was a lot less on my radar with their content amount being small). I want to give ex a chance to disprove or prove this though. So I have to see where it goes from here.

Laser: seems to be playing more of a back seat role like how in 657 he mentions how he’s basically just following zen. Feels kind of pocketing, and is different then how I’ve seen him play previously. Then again he started in a previous game as scum with a very different and strange strategy aimed at getting reactions, so I don’t know how he could adapt here, but he’s worth looking at.

ExLight

Smash Lord
oh, thanks, I missed the info from the signups thread
I see why people were suspicious of Xiivi now

ExLight

Smash Lord
I want to give ex a chance to disprove or prove this though.
hi why were you so certain NSG was town
I originally thought you two were masons, but it turned out he was a neapolitan so like that looks super off now

did they soft or something

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here’s my current read list with some amends having to be made due to switch ins and our flip:

Town:
Chaco: They’ve been actively participating, and with strong content. Posts like 870 I like because it’s rare for scum day one to have a hard stance like that when they can ride a usually free push on someone in the game without suspicion. To try and yeet zen a pretty strong player day one would be a bold move, that just doesn’t seem likely as a scum play. They stick to their own views regardless of the wagon, and that’s usually a pretty townie tell.

Alternatively you could argue they didn’t want to consider frozen who then flipped scum, but I doubt scum Cha tries to save his mate by pushing a stronger player who had a solid claim behind them.

zen: Honestly pretty simple, he started out a little different then usual, but I see more of his usual self here. He’s listened and changed opinions based on points which is pretty townie oriented. Caring so much about getting people to vote near the end of the day is something, scum zen likely wouldn’t do when his mate was in hot water. Plus as I said, his slogan is to win with all mates alive, I don’t think that will change(and it shouldn’t because that’s a fun goal but that isn’t important).

Fonti: pretty self explanatory. She made solid points against FF, and can be confirmed.

Mostly likely Town;

Darkpit: they’ve been engaging actively, seem to have a fair understanding but still the vibes of someone who wants to learn more through their posts, which feels more like a townie whose newish, and not likely to be coached by someone like FF who seems to be a strong player from what the thread said. They’ve been actively trying to be involved as well and it feels more town motivated.

Triss: They provide good content and observations when here. Their list that functioned as a psudeo reads lost but also observed The general gist of each player was pretty good. It also makes for a useful tool to think on, so I don’t think scum does that day one.

Mala: They’ve been here often, actively participates and again provides observations that are clear attempts to try and solve. It’s hard to fake some of the confusion they have had, which is something a townie will have more then scum due to the latter having better

Null:
Boom:
Triss:
Honestly I’m going to cover both of these as my thoughts are similar. They’ve provided content but are still pretty hard players to read. I haven’t felt strongly one at or another for their alignment.

NSG: well he barely posted but was apparently town( flip happened as I typed this up), so I had no good read oh him.

Good Scum candidate:

Jack:
Somi/Ex:

Both of them weren’t as active, and I didn’t think much of their content, (mostly jacks as somi was a lot less on my radar with their content amount being small). I want to give ex a chance to disprove or prove this though. So I have to see where it goes from here.

Laser: seems to be playing more of a back seat role like how in 657 he mentions how he’s basically just following zen. Feels kind of pocketing, and is different then how I’ve seen him play previously. Then again he started in a previous game as scum with a very different and strange strategy aimed at getting reactions, so I don’t know how he could adapt here, but he’s worth looking at.
hi why were you so certain NSG was town
I originally thought you two were masons, but it turned out he was a neapolitan so like that looks super off now

did they soft or something
I didn’t?
I said early on that he seemed newbie town because he is new to the game. His early content felt very noob town and I said that when I had caught up. Still I was working on that reads list awhile and he’s been null since his posting declined.

ExLight

Smash Lord
If your push was successful, a lynch on NSG when you had very little to go off of, you would look very bad and likely go next.
idk if I understood what you meant here then

Rajam

Smash Champion
ok jokes aside, I began reading the game today and should be caught up in a day or two. Regarding the NKill I have some questions:

- Was it luck Mafia got the cop, or did NSG crumb at some point?

Usually Mafia NKills target one of the next:
- Players with good reputation
- Power Roles
- Players with good ongoing reads
- Inactives or weak townies in order to prevent leaving trails

From what I've read NSG seems like a new guy, not specially a strong one. If Mafia just got lucky hitting a PR it means Mafia went the inactive/weak townie route, which also means the strong townie players have, most likely, wrong reads (there is always the possibility the 'strong townie' players are scum, but that's always an option regardless of w/e we think)

----

Also, thoughts on mass claim? Anyone opposed to it should give a reason, otherwise I'll read blatant no's as a scumtell.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ex, you quoted a lot of posts regarding Frozen but none regarding Boom. What do you make of these? Frozen seems very defensive of Boom, whereas Boom seems much more distancing. Does this seem like scummates or just attempted pocketing?

I really don't see BoomFrog/Xiivi as scum together given Boom's seemingly genuine interpretation of Xiivi's behavior as a deliberate attempt to force reactions out of him
trying to lynch boom right now, especially a push so sudden and late in the day from xiivi, feels helllllla grime and I think every townie in this game should realize that boom is not going to be a liability and is a really, really dumb D1 play at this point given the other far more lackluster slots in the game rn
Hmm. Alright, how about a read on frozen flame?
fontisian fontisian Why did you not care about sorting FrozenFlame before I asked you to do a read?
Thanks for the detailed post.

Vote FrozenFlame
LaserGuy LaserGuy what's your opinion of frozen flame?
Just caught up. Lol, looks like it's past time to explain my FrozenFlame vote.

Still deeply suspicious of Xivii. The claim came late enough that he could be confident of no counter claim even without ninja math. Xivii Xivii , why didn't you claim earlier?

Trisscar Trisscar , my understand is that the visitor traitor and chocolate presence are random (or secretly decided by mod?) then the mafia gets one shot of Ninja +1 per extra town role, -1 for traitor.

i believe Fonti's claim. More later gtg
I'm going hiking today, so won't be able to post. My case in short on FF is that his reads list was way too safe. All the lurkers at the bottom. No interesting reads on anyone. Also, he wasn't annoyed by Xivii's antics. Xivii's style this Day makes it hard to read him since he spills wine on every post. That should annoy anyone who is actually trying to sort him. I'll go back and grab quotes and do a proper case later.

Have a good 4th. :)
Standard FF play is to not try to actually sort anyone?
What's interesting is that Boom was the first to vote Frozen and make a case for him, but never actually jumped on the wagon to yeet him

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Also, thoughts on mass claim? Anyone opposed to it should give a reason, otherwise I'll read blatant no's as a scumtell.
I would have 100% agreed if Neap was still alive, but what do we gain from it currently? Is two less players in the yeetpool worth scum having easy targets with no possible tp?

These are genuine questions, not opposed if everyone thinks it would be worth it. A massclaim would render the rolecop obsolete, which is a definite plus.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm going hiking today, so won't be able to post. My case in short on FF is that his reads list was way too safe. All the lurkers at the bottom. No interesting reads on anyone. Also, he wasn't annoyed by Xivii's antics. Xivii's style this Day makes it hard to read him since he spills wine on every post. That should annoy anyone who is actually trying to sort him. I'll go back and grab quotes and do a proper case later.

Have a good 4th. :)
Forgot to mention that this proper case never happened lol

To clarify. I won't be able to post much before deadline. If LaserGuy, Darkpit or Chaco asks me to claim then I will.
However, Boom seems to have a claim so mass claiming might clear them

We're not mass claiming.
Nvm

Rajam

Smash Champion
From what I've read so far BoomFrog is the scummier slot. He seems... limited. In the sense that he's following the game, but actively avoiding topics, taking stances, exploring avenues. Seems like the classic scum who has problems finding real scumness because he knows people are just town

Chaco town

Trisscar didnt like at first but he has two town signs in his favor:
1.- Not knowing the mafia kill still works if goon dies (minor point)
2.- frozen's insight in #203. I think it's easier for scum to talk about their town 'leans' because they know who is/isnt town (and its easier to mask 'providing content' that way), and frozen's read on trisscar reads as a genuine 'town lean'

fontisian's plan on his 1st post gave me strong town vibes. Posterior content didn't gave me scum vibes

I agree with Zen/Xivii's initial reads but I'm not fully sold on his towniness yet. Not a priority toDay though.

Somitomi and DarkPit can live

3DSNinja deserves death, if his replacement wasn't that much better we need to policy lynch that slot

Everyone else is under close observations and can ultimately die

vote: BoomFrog

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Crap that posted early.

To Rajam: No gameplay is discussed at all, but that's valid

To Ex: They're quoted in order by user. Frozen's first should be before all of Boom's, and Frozen's second should be after all of Boom's, but I may be off a little

Chaco

Never Logs In
Gonna catch up tonight when I lay down for bed. I missed deadline the other day because I was at a family get together post fourth. But I forreal tunneled Xivii too hard, and hot picketed by FF.

From reread during night phase, I’m thinking maybe Boom/Somi as scum mates

ExLight

Smash Lord
To Ex: They're quoted in order by user. Frozen's first should be before all of Boom's, and Frozen's second should be after all of Boom's, but I may be off a little
yea I know
but if certain Boom's messages came before FF's I could see it as a traitor trying to get their attention
I should prolly reread Boom's messages too to see if he poked anyone else really hard maybe

ExLight

Smash Lord
Why did you think they were masons, ExLight ExLight ExLight ExLight ?
I already explained, I interpreted one post as Z25 hard defending that NGS was town with little to no reason and it just made me think twas a mason soft

btw why the **** are you still alive and where's the tracker confirmation that you're town

fontisian

Smash Champion
Regarding whether I am confirmed at this point, I think it's fair to ask a mason (not both) to claim if they have evidence that I am not the visitor. Otherwise, they should not claim, and I should be assumed town, since I, uh, yeeted the scum who could have roleblocked my last night. I'll confirm again that I targetted laser.

I'm going to be pretty chill for the first 24-48 hours or so of this day and let you guys discuss things. My contributions will mostly be questions and some necessary mechanical stuff, so that I can take the time to really process everything. I may not answer questions right away, either.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I already explained, I interpreted one post as Z25 hard defending that NGS was town with little to no reason and it just made me think twas a mason soft

btw why the **** are you still alive and where's the tracker confirmation that you're town
I'm alive because scum needed to kill the neap and the masons. The tracker should not be claiming, and you should frankly not be talking about them at all.

Top Bottom