• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If BoomFrog is town then the team is exactly Chaco and Rajam.
If BoomFrog is scum then track Ex, Mala, or Rajam.
So in addition to insulting my scum ability you also completely dismiss my reads town?

fontisian

Smash Champion
wtf I'm pretty sure I got ninja'd by the entirety of page 18 when I was writing my post, Chaco Chaco what is this about a blunder from xiivi?
Though I wouldn't necessarily call it "fluff" and more like WIFOM laden clout chasing I see your point here.

Interested in your grouping of Raxx/Xiivi/Boom. Given their recent exchanges I'm seeing some distance/conflict between Boom and Xiivi and I'm unsure what their connection to Raxx is. Are you calling this a possible scumteam or what do you mean exactly when you say the slots are "connected?"
----
I really don't see BoomFrog/Xiivi as scum together given Boom's seemingly genuine interpretation of Xiivi's behavior as a deliberate attempt to force reactions out of him. Their recent interactions distance them pretty solidly unless it's extremely well choreographed distancing in which case they've completely duped me

Agreed that NSG jumping on LaserGuy (I think you meant laserguy here, not boomfrom) like that was suss. I'm a little confused by your phrasing here, are you suggesting that boom and xiivi being on "opposite" ends now is related to NSG's vote?
I feel this on a deep, deep level

looks like maybe darkpit found it for you though?
___

this is probably the most concise way to explain why I townread that slot
ok when you said blunder I thought you meant you had like a concrete scumslip that I had somehow missed and was like quote for me now plz in case I'm completely missing the ball here

I agree that this push for boom feels grimy and xiivi's PR directing obsession this game fits a scum set-up for choco fakeclaim strat wayyy too well

I just think that even if xiivi is a scum pr, their PRs just really aren't that dangerous, they're essentially just roles that help scum limit the already sparse info town can generate in this game and help the scum atleast have a decent chance of narrowing town PRs faste enough to not get entirely steamrolled by smart town claim play
Frozen kept approaching Chaco as someone to bounce reads off of.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Feel free to yeet Xivii D3 before Z25. This is so bad. Xivii is causing chaos on purpose and making tons of bad plays. And he's not doing it for reads, he's doing it to manipulate the game.

fontisian

Smash Champion
LMAO bro when I saw boom genuinely asking what "take my hand" meant and concluded it must've meant "take my head" I literally ****ing lol'd, I love how we take that phrase for granted here because of that meme, it's just part of the mafia parlance here

Idk if this is the exact vibe I get but the slot definitely feels off, like he's leaning into being a newbie in terms of rhetorical posturing but then he isn't just going on and playing the game without restraint of his naivete which I'm more inclined to think a town noob would do. Like I'd expect "lol yeah Im a noob, guess its obvious from what I'm saying, well ok just gonna keep doin what I'm doing" instead of what I feel we're getting here which is "yep Im a nooby alright, pay me no mind teehee" and then just, nothing else? Starts to feel more like an excuse to lurk than an explanation for unfiltered stumbling thru genuine reads
Same thing here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Worth noting that Z was in a pretty standard bussing position on the Frozen wagon.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Why couldn't he bounce his reads off a mate?
He could, but Chaco was the person he reached out to and tried to bounce reads off of the most. I don't think that's something Frozen does to a scummate, it's something he does to a town he really wants to townread him.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't know how you possibly think town!me would ever town read you after the "It looks like we're getting it wrong doesn't it" post.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I still think you're scum and this is all wine.
You have more to gain by assuming that I'm town and getting my last reads then you have to lose if I'm scum and this will be cleared up in a few hours. Again, not a townie mindset.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I do wish for you to continue to scumhunt while you have time. You've been more involved post-hammer than you have the past two phases. I'm going to go eat.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm done. Pick one of Xivii or Z25. You guys figure it out. But no one else. That's the pool. Believe me that I'm good at scum hunting. I got FF first D1.

Chaco

Never Logs In
He could, but Chaco was the person he reached out to and tried to bounce reads off of the most. I don't think that's something Frozen does to a scummate, it's something he does to a town he really wants to townread him.
Yes. It’s either cause I used to be good at this game, or just because we used to be mafia homies back in the day. Frozen has no other reason for picking me out other than probably having played with me more than anyone else years prior.

I’m an easy town clear for him cause he has history with me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nothing Xivii posts should hold much value at this point. Nothing against him personally, but he’s diluted any usefulness he has. He’s literally waffled all over the place and is essentially a swing vote. He’s acting as if he’s had ScumBoom nailed but look at his target list toDay. It’s so erratic. It’s always windows of opportunity exposed until it begins to progress. He’s not the mind behind the push, but the voice pushing it forwards.

Yes I’ve given all of this major attention, but it’s a detriment to have to sift through it all to have Fonti come in and direct targets. If you townread Xivii that’s all it should be, nothing more than a slot read that you don’t allow any influence.

I still believe in ScumBoom, btw.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway. GG. Glhf. Z25 is scum. I'm out. Wife's already mad at me for spending to much time on mafia today.

If you're lost at LYLO yeet Xivii.
This is gonna be funny come endgame because of how incorrect it is.

My role should be obvious. Hell Zen nailed my meta early on. If you are all that paranoid check me.

fontisian

Smash Champion

My role should be obvious. Hell Zen nailed my meta early on. If you are all that paranoid check me.
I'm sorry BoomFrog BoomFrog , but this feels very town. I don't think I'm going to yeet Z.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Assuming I flip town, will you stick to my narrow pool?
Is there any doubt I wanna yeet Xivii? But I’m not sold on Z25 at all. I’d likely look to Exlight or begin to explore options that’s have never been doubted.

fontisian

Smash Champion

Wait, I take that back. Z25 Z25 do you think Boom is going to flip scum here?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Assuming the FF analysis I did was correct in regards to Boom, I would look to Ex due to FFs continuous calls in Somi’s slot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, I take that back. Z25 Z25 do you think Boom is going to flip scum here?
Why take it back when literally a minute ago you were fine with it and no other posts have happened?

Anyway I honestly don’t. I already pointed out that he was trying to get both me and zen to like his slot by supporting us.

Plus think about early game, Boom set up the Zen paranoia.

He said for chocolate to claim now before it was too late later on and could be a fake claim. That who ideal is what led to the paranoia on zen. It feels like it could easily have been setup by Boom to allow confusion to take over down the line.

Which makes sense if Boom is Scum. He would know the ninja shots and he knows zen. If the shots didn’t line up, he would know Zen had to be lying because Zen lies about claims all the time.

That allows him to discreetly discredit zen and derail the game.

That’s my speculation right now

fontisian

Smash Champion
Why take it back when literally a minute ago you were fine with it and no other posts have happened?

Anyway I honestly don’t. I already pointed out that he was trying to get both me and zen to like his slot by supporting us.

Plus think about early game, Boom set up the Zen paranoia.

He said for chocolate to claim now before it was too late later on and could be a fake claim. That who ideal is what led to the paranoia on zen. It feels like it could easily have been setup by Boom to allow confusion to take over down the line.

Which makes sense if Boom is Scum. He would know the ninja shots and he knows zen. If the shots didn’t line up, he would know Zen had to be lying because Zen lies about claims all the time.

That allows him to discreetly discredit zen and derail the game.

That’s my speculation right now
Then why do you think him being wrong would so funny when the game ends?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Then why do you think him being wrong would so funny when the game ends?
In terms of my alignment. He has such a hard scum read with really no reason for it.
That’s what I was referring too.

Like I said my role should be obvious and it was literally figured based on my style early in the game. But that’s more a discussion for post game.

That’s why I said it will be funny when I’m not scum in postgame

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
What would be the point of all this for scum Boom? We would just ignore it all post-flip. I think atm it's best to wait for the flip to see what we think of it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
In terms of my alignment. He has such a hard scum read with really no reason for it.
That’s what I was referring too.

Like I said my role should be obvious and it was literally figured based on my style early in the game. But that’s more a discussion for post game.

That’s why I said it will be funny when I’m not scum in postgame
Sure, but if he's scum, like you think, then he knows you're town and the case on you is fake. So why would that be funny?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What would be the point of all this for scum Boom? We would just ignore it all post-flip. I think atm it's best to wait for the flip to see what we think of it.
The idea would be that he wouldn’t get lynched and zen would have. Obviously he wasn’t expecting to lose if this is the case.
Sure, but if he's scum, like you think, then he knows you're town and the case on you is fake. So why would that be funny?
Because his content feels a lot like wine in the past few posts he made. I’ve literally done the same thing as scum where I try to flame someone before my flip. So I know it’s not an uncommon thing and it’s always funny once the flip relates to it happens.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the contrary however, if boom flips town then maybe we really should look at Zen. But Boom’s been kinda of pushed by everyone for valid reasons I would say, so it’s really hard to determine where scum could lie on this wagon if that’s the case, but we can discuss that tomorrow more.

Top Bottom