• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Sure, but if he's scum, like you think, then he knows you're town and the case on you is fake. So why would that be funny?
I concur with what you are thinking. Yeet Z25 first. And they are probably not buddies. But if Z is town yeet Xivii next.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This implies that you know I'm town.
No it doesn’t. His post literally refers to me being scum.

Hell you seen me post quotes like what I posted in post game chats because they are entertaining to me.

Like I can’t explain myself anymore then that. It literally refers to my alignment. I could honestly care less about five words directed at you in that post. His main focus was me and my alignment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like I literally post quotes like that all the time we’re I laugh at people being wrong about my alignment. I even posted a quoted when the was on Zen’s team in the chat because I find it funny.

Which sure I’m not going argue and say that the post I made is indicative of me knowing alignments. I see that point and yeah it totally could, but literally if you have been listening to my posts you would know I think Boom is trying to play both me and zen. So I have no reason to doubt until the flip.

So yes if he flips scum that’s going to be really funny. This isn’t really any different then messages I’ve quote of similar stature in similar games, but like I said most of those I posted to pms.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Plus think about early game, Boom set up the Zen paranoia.

He said for chocolate to claim now before it was too late later on and could be a fake claim. That who ideal is what led to the paranoia on zen. It feels like it could easily have been setup by Boom to allow confusion to take over down the line.
This is such BS. I know deduction isn't z's strong suit, but the idea that I manipulated Zen into fake claiming is laughable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z, would you say you're intentionally playing against your scum meta this game?
What do you mean? And what would you definite as my scum meta?

If we’re being honest I’m not playing in any direction. Because I know my role and I’ve made it obvious enough if you have listened to my past ramblings in games.

My only goal is to post my thoughts as they happen, no thinking, just observing and offering input where I can.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is such BS. I know deduction isn't z's strong suit, but the idea that I manipulated Zen into fake claiming is laughable.
1) my deduction is usually pretty on point, I’ll mail at least half a scum team each game by mid game. But anyway.

2) I didn’t say you manipulated him into claiming. Zen had weird behavior early on that I could see and argue was Indicating he had a pr( or in this case wanted people to think so), it’s a lot like how cop Zen play.

Your post could have be used to lure the person whose claim didn’t add up. You didn’t have to know it was Zen, but you can’t say it wouldn’t make sense for scum to try and bait a pr out.

it’s a common tactic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And sure chocolate may not have any actual power, but outing them lowers the pool for who scum should look at for actual power roles. And with NSG already having dropped hints at that tine( I believe), scum would have knocked two prs out day one hypothetically.

NSG, Zen, and then we had Fonti.

Thats 3 prs outted from scum perspective.

But again if the ninjas shots didn’t add up, then scum would need to decipher these 3 claims.

NSG became the night kill, fonti and zen were then left with open claims. This sets scum up to pick off anyone they want basically.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I believe Z. If he's scum is be absolutely amazed by how drastically he's changed his meta from his last 3 scum games.

Chaco is town made a point about how I was the voice in the boom push, not the brain. If Boom is town, it wouldn't make sense for Chaco to disassociate me with the ML.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
But Z could you address this:
As I said before being so rudely hammered. Z is scum. Thus post came before

https://smashboards.com/threads/mid...12th-at-8-pm-est.505778/page-40#post-24008813

This one:

https://smashboards.com/threads/mid...12th-at-8-pm-est.505778/page-40#post-24008820

No one reads zens mega reveal and decides to post about their defense before reacting to Zen. If the reaction had been calm I could believe it. But not a delayed angry reaction.

Yeet Z25 D3 and if they are scum then seriously consider Zen as Z's buddy.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
pretty mediocre
and the ****ing scanner stopped working right when I was trying to submit it and I almost missed the deadline
had to rushingly take phone pics and I'm just hoping it's clear enough for them to read
submitted a scanned version later in the day but the teacher didn't answer me so I'm kinda super worried

I don't really expect to pass that class anyway
Oof the feels.
Any consolation, you should be fine cause you showed you were actually trying to turn it in with the phone stuff, so unless your teacher is under some very strict requirements (depends on the type of test) or a hardass for some reason, you should be fine.

Trisscar Trisscar
Can you sum up your reads? I feel like I have no idea where you're at.
Uhhh, gimme a sec to address things. And then skim isos to make sure I'm not misremembering stuff.

You did see how I played with Zen as my scum mate before right?

what do you think the odds are I get scum back to back with Zen?
I meeeeeaaaannn, odds are weird. XD

Why take it back when literally a minute ago you were fine with it and no other posts have happened?

Anyway I honestly don’t. I already pointed out that he was trying to get both me and zen to like his slot by supporting us.

Plus think about early game, Boom set up the Zen paranoia.

He said for chocolate to claim now before it was too late later on and could be a fake claim. That who ideal is what led to the paranoia on zen. It feels like it could easily have been setup by Boom to allow confusion to take over down the line.

Which makes sense if Boom is Scum. He would know the ninja shots and he knows zen. If the shots didn’t line up, he would know Zen had to be lying because Zen lies about claims all the time.

That allows him to discreetly discredit zen and derail the game.

That’s my speculation right now
*blink* Wait so... you don't think he'll flip scum
But he set up paranoia, which makes sense if he's scum, which means he can discredit and derail the game.
Was that don't a do and it got mistyped? XD

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But Z could you address this:
Sure, but honestly what is he even arguing here?

that I wouldn’t post my post about my reads list before reacting to your claim?

Because that’s some stupid reasoning. Look at the time my messages were posted, I had a quote from Boom made to me that I responded to first because it was a direct question to me.

my post on your claim came immediately after because( took a few to type as messages kept popping up in that time frame), it wasn’t something i would reply to first. Anyone who quotes me gets priority, that’s literally how I play every game.

Oof the feels.
Any consolation, you should be fine cause you showed you were actually trying to turn it in with the phone stuff, so unless your teacher is under some very strict requirements (depends on the type of test) or a hardass for some reason, you should be fine.

Uhhh, gimme a sec to address things. And then skim isos to make sure I'm not misremembering stuff.

I meeeeeaaaannn, odds are weird. XD

*blink* Wait so... you don't think he'll flip scum
But he set up paranoia, which makes sense if he's scum, which means he can discredit and derail the game.
Was that don't a do and it got mistyped? XD
Huh, where does it say I don’t think he flips scum? Because I’ve been saying I’m pretty confident he flips scum based on my points.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Mmm...

1. 3DSNinja* / Z25
Keep waffling here, not certain.

2. Jackrito
Wait isn't this Rajam now? (This was taken from front post) If so, hard to tell given apparently reacting to posts in the far past, but logic seems off and tonally inconsistent.

3. Trisscar
*waves*

4. Fontisian
Presumably confirmed visitor, been very helpful and logical about it all.

5. #HBC | FrozeηFlame
Dead

6. Chaco
Needs to take a breather mate.

7. Somitomi / ExLight
Ehhhhh? Not sure. Previous stuff was weird but not necessarily scummy.

8. Darkpit54
Been generally helpful and is mirroring a lot of my general impressions.

9. Raxxel / Malakandra
Same as Darkpit.

10. BoomFrog
Lots of words, not a lot of logic, which is weird.

11. Xivii
Plaaaaaannnzzzzz

12. LaserGuy
Not been here often, similar to Darkpit and Malak though somehow.

13. NonSpecificGuy
Dead

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Z25 Z25

" Wait, I take that back. Z25 Z25 Z25 Z25 do you think Boom is going to flip scum here? "

"Why take it back when literally a minute ago you were fine with it and no other posts have happened?

Anyway I honestly don’t. I already pointed out that he was trying to get both me and zen to like his slot by supporting us.

Plus think about early game, Boom set up the Zen paranoia."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25

" Wait, I take that back. Z25 Z25 Z25 Z25 do you think Boom is going to flip scum here? "

"Why take it back when literally a minute ago you were fine with it and no other posts have happened?

Plus think about early game, Boom set up the Zen paranoia."
I must be blind then. I didn’t see that in re reading, but yes that’s a typo, my mistake. As I’ve been saying I do think he likely flips scum.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Assuming the FF analysis I did was correct in regards to Boom, I would look to Ex due to FFs continuous calls in Somi’s slot
this makes no sense and the fact you're still trying to push the same wagon as them is alarming if anything

ExLight

Smash Lord
they're kind of assholes so they might take away a few points which sucks umu

ExLight

Smash Lord
I'd prolly be willing to bet a finger that there are at least two scum among Z25, Chaco, and Laser umu

Trisscar

Smash Ace
they're kind of assholes so they might take away a few points which sucks umu
Ughh, hate that nonsense.
"Hey guys the world is in a major upheaval due to things no one can individually control, let's deduct points for computers being computers and stuff breaking!"
*eyeroll*

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No more posting.

Day 2 Final Votecount

BoomFrog [6] - Z25, fontisian, Chaco, DarkPit54, Rajam, Xivii
Chaco [3] - ExLight, Trisscar, LaserGuy
Rajam [1] - Malakandra

Not Voting [1] - BoomFrog

Rajam > Boomfrog #987
Xivii > Exlight #1003
ExLight > Chaco #1012
Malakandra > Exlight #1057
Trisscar > Exlight #1076
Xivii > Rajam #1119
fontisian > Rajam #1130
LaserGuy > Rajam #1131
Malakandra > Rajam #1141
Rajam > BoomFrog #1204
DarkPit54 > Rajam #1234
fontisian > Unvote #1241
Xivii > Malakandra #1301
Rajam > Z25 #1311
Chaco > BoomFrog #1381
LaserGuy > Boomfrog #1390
Z25 > Boomfrog #1395
Xivii > Rajam #1404
Xivii > Unvote #1439
DarkPit54 > Exlight #1441
Xivii > Exlight #1442
Xivii > BoomFrog #1442
Xivii > BoomFrog #1453
Malakandra > Exlight #1456
Malakandra > Unvote #1471
Xivii > Rajam #1543
DarkPit54 > Unvote #1562
BoomFrog > Rajam #1587
Z25 > Xivii #1598
Malakandra > Rajam #1603
Z25 > Unvote #1635
ERROR IN VOTECOUNT 1650
fontisian > Rajam #1655
DarkPit54 > Rajam #1668
Chaco > Rajam #1669 HAMMER*
Chaco > Unvote #1678
Xivii > Unvote #1727
Xivii > BoomFrog #1735
Xivii > Chaco #1741
Trisscar > Chaco #1759
Z25 > BoomFrog #1764
LaserGuy > Chaco #1784
Xivii > BoomFrog #1794
fontisian > BoomFrog #1801
Chaco > BoomFrog #1833
BoomFrog > Unvote #1837
DarkPit54 > BoomFrog #1850
Xivii > Unvote #1866
Rajam > BoomFrog #1867
Xivii > BoomFrog #1870 HAMMER

There was an error in votecount 2.04 #1650 which misrepresented the game state.
As a result Chaco's vote in #1669 will not be counted. We apologize for this error.

Boomfrog has been lynched, please hold.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hello everybody, UP here. I’ve been in touch with Kary, and wanted to publicly thank them again for stepping in to end the Day for me when I was completely unprepared to do so today. Do not worry about me being unavailable again, as it was only a one day ordeal. We had discussed that due to my error in Vote Count 2.04, the subsequent hammer will not be counted because it was brought about by my own mistake. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. I will be posting the routine phase change post shortly.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Final Vote Count

[6] BoomFrog: Z25, Fontisian, Chaco, Darkpit54, Rajam, Xivii
[3] Chaco: ExLight, Trisscar, LaserGuy
[1] Rajam: Malakandra

Not voting: BoomFrog

BoomFrog has been lynched. They were:

a Vanilla Townie

"Ouch, the town took a hit with that mislynch."

"Hehe, I guess they did"

"Why are you laughing? They already took out one of your mafia!"

"Touche. I still think the mafia has it in the bag."

"You never change. Don't let it get to you town!"

It is now Night 2. Please refrain from posting in this thread until Day 3, which will begin on July 13th at 8 PM EST.

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
We've lost our guiding voice :cry:

But that means the masons live on :)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You will be missed, Chief.

BoomFrog BoomFrog WOW, you really overestimate my scum play haha. While yes, I was being facetious with how "obv town" I was, I didn't truly think you believed in my play to that degree. My bad.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well without Fonti we have a big of a disadvantage as we knew their claim was strong. This leaves us in a very tough situation. We need to yeet scum here to stand a chance I’d say at figuring out the last one.

Reviewing FF would be good, but I also think reviewing posts by those not really under suspicion as odds say that there’s scum there.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That was fairly foreseeable unfortunately.

If anything was detected in the night, go ahead and forth come obviously.

Im gonna read back over the game at some point tonight or tomorrow. I think Zs right though in regards to reading FFs posts. Connection to Boom was obviously as Boom said, so I don’t feel comfortable pursuing his consistent prods on Somi D1.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what happened to your scum read of me Z25
I honestly really think on a more illogical level that your scum.

But I really can’t see a valid reason for the chocolate play. And if I can’t put things together then it likely means I can’t justify a read.

There’s too many unknowns and past history does back up you lying as town. So I’d honestly rather stop trying to wrap my head around how you think lol.

It’s better to look elsewhere for now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s definitely better I think at this point if we start at the beginning. There was too much back and forth and confusion yesterday that Isn’t Helping us. And trying to gain anything of use from that is pretty hard.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Not super happy that hammer went before I had the chance to come back to the game. Just for the record in case I haven't said this before but I basically can only post in the evenings, aside maybe from the odd phone post, on Saturdays/Sundays. So you get the analysis in a couple of giant posts instead.

Wagon analysis:
Final wagon

[6] BoomFrog: Z25, Fontisian, Chaco, Darkpit54, Rajam, Xivii
[3] Chaco: ExLight, Trisscar, LaserGuy
[1] Rajam: Malakandra

Not voting: BoomFrog

This is the reconstructed Chaco/Rajam wagons on page 45ish. There's no VC nearby so hopefully I got everyone's votes correct.

[1] BoomFrog: Z25
[4] Chaco: ExLight, Xivii, Trisscar, LaserGuy
[5] Rajam: BoomFrog, Malakandra, fonti, Dark, Chaco
[1] Z25: Rajam

This is the wagon I reconstructed at the time of the accidental hammer.

[2] BoomFrog: LaserGuy, Z25
[1] Chaco: ExLight
[6] Rajam: BoomFrog, Malakandra, Xivii, fonti, Dark, Chaco
[1] ExLight: Trisscar
[1] Z25: Rajam

Early Rajam wagon from 1219

[4] Rajam: Xivii, Fonti, Laser, Mala
[1] ExLight: Trisscar
[1] Chaco: ExLight
[1] Boomfrog: Rajam

Not voting: Z25, Fontisian, Dark, Chaco

The very early Rajam wagon (Xivii, Fonti, Laser, Mala) and the later one (BoomFrog, Malakandra, fonti, Dark) both look very good to me. Mala and Rajam are unlikely buddies here. Mala had a chance to move to Chaco wagon just before it was disbanded (right near the bottom VC) and didn't. Scum can't really afford to bus so I imagine scum!Mala jumps onto the Chaco in the event of scum!Rajam. Conversely, Mala and Chaco are more likely buddies because Mala didn't. Same analysis applies to Darkpit. Reverse applies to Exlight (possibly with Rajam, unlikely with Chaco). I'm unsure on z25. On the one hand, they're a swing vote and could arguably have pushed this either way, but also pushing a third option on a soft target is something scum might be able to get away with rather than immediately committing to voting on the main wagons even if they're mafia. So I think scum!Rajam clears Mala and Dark; scum!Chaco clears Exlight and possibly z25.

I'm kind of leaning toward a possibly Rajam/Chaco or Rajam/Exlight scenario at the moment.

D1 wagons
Earlier VCs quoted in 1043
[3] BoomFrog: Xivii, Fontisian, LaserGuy
[2] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, JackritoRajam
[2] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco
[1] Somitomi: #HBC | FrozenFlame

Not voting: Z25, Trisscar, Darkpit54, Exlight, Malakandra

[4] FrozenFlame: Fonti, Pit, Triss, Xivii
[3] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco, Malakandra
[1] BoomFrog: LaserGuy
[2] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, Rajam
[1] SomitomiExlight: #HBC | FrozenFlame

[7] #HBC | FrozenFlame: Fontisian, Darkpit54, Trisscar, Xivii, LaserGuy, Malakandra, z25
[3] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, Rajam,ExLight
[2] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco
[1] ExLight: #HBC | FrozenFlame

Not too much change here with the addition of Town!Boom. Rajam, Exlight, Chaco all a little dubious for being on counterwagons to mafia. z25 and Mala as possible bus votes.

Considering BoomFrog's insistence, I've thought a lot about Xivii's position here. As I said earlier, I think it would probably be quite unusual for Xivii to bus a buddy here and encourage others to vote the wagon without an escape plan, both as traitor or as full mafia. There's a few scenarios I could maybe envision for this to happen, but it would be a bit of a stretch.

Cross-referencing EoD1 with EoD2, Rajam and Chaco voting off-wagon against mafia EoD1 and z25 is very late; all on a Town wagon EoD2. Not a great look.

Top Bottom