• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry for delegating the work on you but do you have the quotes BoomFrog was talking about?
As I said before being so rudely hammered. Z is scum. Thus post came before

https://smashboards.com/threads/mid...12th-at-8-pm-est.505778/page-40#post-24008813

This one:

https://smashboards.com/threads/mid...12th-at-8-pm-est.505778/page-40#post-24008820

No one reads zens mega reveal and decides to post about their defense before reacting to Zen. If the reaction had been calm I could believe it. But not a delayed angry reaction.

Yeet Z25 D3 and if they are scum then seriously consider Zen as Z's buddy.
There, page 48 of you want to read the page itself

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
First two Z25 posts after Xivii retracts

Z addressing the Xivii retraction
Yes that’s what was being talked about.

As I said 5 minute difference and both are relatively lengthy. So I really don’t understand Booms argument. Like I said yesterday it was pretty reaching imo.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Chaco / DarkPit: Both slots are a bit the same; no specific posts that caused a strong impression but rather their whole gameplay has caused that; no post of them so far ringed the scum bell for me. Solid town reads
lol, this is the exact same thing Fonti pointed out FF doing earlier just on another level. Like we get it, DP is obv town, but he and Chaco have been playing very differently. Chaco is always in the moment, posting a ton, where as DP sits back more and collects stuff to respond to. This is just bad, make your own read for Chaco.
Rajam, could you talk more about why you put Chaco and DP together in your reads list?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Rajam, could you talk more about why you put Chaco and DP together in your reads list?
I dont know what's so weird about it, they both caused the same level of townie impression

Rajam Rajam I'd still like if you explained how the points on Chaco were reaching.
Will do. Give me some time. In the meantime though:

agree on z being genuine. also reading through d1 again it looks like he had traitor suspicions of me early on so i think his read is legit paranoia
chaco also genuine af
dp and triss are still solid town
still need give mala a solid look over. if we're wrong about someone it's mala or ex. both have been reluctant to vote scum
You said you came toDay willing to lynch me asap because nothing changed from yesterDay. Why the Chaco shift then?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 is english your native language?
Yes, why? Typos in my posts? Because sorry about that, I’m usually on mobile. So auto correct and me hitting the wrong key can make my posts a little weird sounding. I do try to spell check them though.

ExLight

Smash Lord
1st quote is explicitly under the assumption of 2 ninja shots. You're mixing things
Oh, true, I guess
But the conclusion that Xiivi can't be the traitor while the other scenario still exists, I just didn't follow what led to that conclusion.

Which points are you on the same wavelength?
Some of the parts poking Z25 and some impressions on Rajam
I did mention the being calm after hammer as one of the examples

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’m gonna take a hiatus from posting until I reread the game. (Probably be late tonight or earlier tomorrow and I’ll go through it all) Just clarifying this before I halt my usual amount posting.

If anyone needs anything current from me, just tag me and I’ll respond outside of reread.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
ExLight ExLight how does Laser's posts today warrent a different impression from his posts yesterday: in particular this post which was also a big catchup post and his wagon analysis?

ExLight

Smash Lord
ExLight ExLight how does Laser's posts today warrent a different impression from his posts yesterday: in particular this post which was also a big catchup post and his wagon analysis?
We talking about #1,784 right
It's prolly a bit more lackluster as it doesn't consider much about wagonomics in general and it had some contradictions that annoyed me, specially saying I'm a townlean and yet shoving me under literally almost everyone. I don't think he ever justified Rajam being so low in that readslist too so that was a bit of an eyebrow raiser. Mala being "comfortable town" but being kinda low in the townreads is also a bit weird.

Rajam

Smash Champion
If anything Z's reaction to Xivii there was /too/ calm.
But he gets really really anger later. That's why it's fake.
These are in regard of Z25's reaction to Zen unclaiming. Isnt calm then angrier and angrier a town tell though? =/

Please guys lets lynch Laser toDay

He's barely over the line which separates inactive from active so he can't be called on coasting / lurking, but his contributions are not memorable at all. He's doing the bare minimum. He has left no town impression

He's null in everyone's eyes; you guys really need to check this slot and decide. Null-ish three Days in a row can't be a thing

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I dont know what's so weird about it, they both caused the same level of townie impression
To me it looks like an attempt to avoid giving an opinion on someone, since DP is pretty much universally town. FF did a very similar thing with your slot.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
These are in regard of Z25's reaction to Zen unclaiming. Isnt calm then angrier and angrier a town tell though? =/

Please guys lets lynch Laser toDay

He's barely over the line which separates inactive from active so he can't be called on coasting / lurking, but his contributions are not memorable at all. He's doing the bare minimum. He has left no town impression

He's null in everyone's eyes; you guys really need to check this slot and decide. Null-ish three Days in a row can't be a thing
I'd rather yeet someone that is scummy rather than a null slot. I need to reread laser though for sure. I'll try to do that sometime soonish.

Rajam

Smash Champion
To me it looks like an attempt to avoid giving an opinion on someone, since DP is pretty much universally town. FF did a very similar thing with your slot.
Can't discuss against your impressions *sigh*. Frozen and I are different persons. What are your thoughts on Laser? Did you check the analysis I gave on why Zen is no traitor, what do you think of it?

Rajam

Smash Champion

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Can't discuss against your impressions *sigh*. Frozen and I are different persons. What are your thoughts on Laser? Did you check the analysis I gave on why Zen is no traitor, what do you think of it?
You really need to make your mind quickly. Nulls are dangerous at this point
I didn't think Xivii was a traitor in the first place, but I've seen the post. Its good analysis, but the mechanics aspects of it I feel could come from either side.

Thoughts on Laser is more null townish. As you said he hasn't done anything to particularly stick out either way. I felt earlier on that his vote on FF was pivotal so he probably can't be scum, but later realized he was also under some pretty heavy pressure by Xivii to vote there. I agree nulls are dangerous, which is why I think he should probably go next after you barring new information.

Your right on I do need to make up my mind quickly on Laser. I could be missing something, but really to me its a matter of yeeting you or Laser first. I really don't want either of you in a LYLO situation as of both of your slots now. I support you first because: I think you are more scummy, and because you give us more information about slots than I think Laser does. Its possible I'm doing the same thing I did for most of last game and not looking outside the more obvious bad people, but I feel a lot more in control and confident than I did last game, so I doubt it at this point. Something to look into as well I suppose.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I think that due to lack of content, a Laser yeet gives us very little to work with. Otoh, a Raj yeet gives us a really large amount of interactions to turn to regardless of flip.

I don't think you're wrong that Laser could be scum, but if he's not we get absolutely nothing from that flip.

As much as we can't really afford a mislynch rn, we can afford a mislynch that provides no information even less. I think depending on flip toDay, Laser might be a great yeet toMorrow. Rn, I'm not as sure

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I was surprised scum didnt nkill power-players / townie players. Up to that point my impression was that Chaco was one of those and I was also trying to figure out and read a bit on the nkill. One of the things that passed through my head is that scum didnt kill power/town roles because they were wrong on their reads
What was your intention behind making the post?

Rajam

Smash Champion
telling Chaco he was likely wrong and needed to reevaluate. Is not rare to see townies so dead set on their own agendas that they ignore events (nkills) happening around. That´s why scum leaves them alive in 1st place

ExLight

Smash Lord
I literally pushed for Laser's lynch during the end of D1 and for a decent chunk of D2, and they the same and kept forcing scumreads on me
I'm actually surprised you're even trying to make this team a theory

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
telling Chaco he was likely wrong and needed to reevaluate. Is not rare to see townies so dead set on their own agendas that they ignore events (nkills) happening around. That´s why scum leaves them alive in 1st place
But the post you quoted he was stating he was wrong. So your intent doesn't line up.

ExLight

Smash Lord
>chaco hammers Rajam
>rajam: that chaco guy is townier than me

if this isn't weird as **** to yall idk what game you're playing

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
with most of them actually being on point and good posts
Can you point out which posts of Chaco you thought were on point?
When I was first reading through I thought their interactions with Jackrito felt coordinated, but I remembered that it'd be very hard to coordinate that as a scumteam day 1 since they wouldn't of had an opportunity to talk yet.
What made you think scum wouldn't be able to talk?
Laserguy
Boomfrog
3DSNinja
Nonspecificguy
Jackrito
Why did you move LaserGuy up from your #414?
Why so all over the place day 1? You seemed to be a more reserved player last game, even though you were scum people didn't really call you out on it besides Ran and with the big argument it seemed like you usually played like that.
This is strange and reachy reasoning. I was scum last game, I was more reserved. Yet you questioned why I was all over the place this game as if it were suspicious for being different to my last game. Later you said that you think both scum and town play hoppy, so why did you find my play suspicious?

Furthermore, you seem to be preemptively discounting the town!reason for my playstyle difference in this post—arguing that you believed my reserved playstyle was my natural playstyle, despite the fact that Ran had stated otherwise. Why did you discount Ran's testimony here and what led you to the conclusion that reserved is how I normally play?
Also sorry if I'm being overly aggressive, trying to go by the advice I got last game and talk more in the thread.
It's a big improvement. I love your play this game. Then again, I was fond of it last game too.
Alright, to make sure it goes that way then. I don't think Xivii is going to pick up at all, and I'd like to avoid a jump onto Laser here.

Vote Frozen Flame
Why did you want to avoid a jump to Laser? He was in your null reads while Frozen was in the upper part of your town reads. You also disagreed with Fonti's case, so what reason was there for you to secure a Frozen execution over pushing a Laser execution?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Can you point out which posts of Chaco you thought were on point?
Its been a while, but I think these posts stood out to me as on point back then. #77 #135 #197 #221 #275

What made you think scum wouldn't be able to talk?
I mentioned this in the thread I think. I was looking at the sign up page for the rules, and on there it still said only nighttalk.

Why did you move LaserGuy up from your #414?
I had posted 414 in the process of putting my nulls down, as you can see by them not all being there. Once I had them all down I then organized them.
This is strange and reachy reasoning. I was scum last game, I was more reserved. Yet you questioned why I was all over the place this game as if it were suspicious for being different to my last game. Later you said that you think both scum and town play hoppy, so why did you find my play suspicious?

Furthermore, you seem to be preemptively discounting the town!reason for my playstyle difference in this post—arguing that you believed my reserved playstyle was my natural playstyle, despite the fact that Ran had stated otherwise. Why did you discount Ran's testimony here and what led you to the conclusion that reserved is how I normally play?
From what I recall of that argument, Ran was the only person who seemed to think you were playing different or over reserved, while you and everyone else thought you were playing normally, so I chose to believe the majority there. As I said when defending when you pushed me on that, I think you are a powerful player, and would change up your play style after a dominant win with people who were in that same game. I had just come out of a game where you pocketed me at LYLO and I feel for it hard. I was probably overly suspicious, but I felt it was in your realm of possibility and thought it was more scum because I saw you as a very good player who would be more sure of themselves and stick on a few people. So you jumping around made me think of opportunism rather than uncertainty.

Why did you want to avoid a jump to Laser? He was in your null reads while Frozen was in the upper part of your town reads. You also disagreed with Fonti's case, so what reason was there for you to secure a Frozen execution over pushing a Laser execution?
Exlight had just placed that terrible vote on Laser, and I already thought Somi could be scum as well. It seemed like a setup opportunity for a self prez and quick shift.

I did not disagree with Fonti's case overall, as I said here I disagreed/ didn't understand some of the points. I was more focused on you, since I felt I had stronger evidence against you and people were letting you slide by, but I also didn't trust FF at that point as well. Enough to where I'd rather see FF get yeeted over a null laser guy who had just had a very suspicious vote cast onto him.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I should have checked the actual one due to the last part, but I thought it would have been updated in the signup, and I hadn't seen any announcement when I skimmed.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Why take it back when literally a minute ago you were fine with it and no other posts have happened?

Anyway I honestly don’t. I already pointed out that he was trying to get both me and zen to like his slot by supporting us.

Plus think about early game, Boom set up the Zen paranoia.

He said for chocolate to claim now before it was too late later on and could be a fake claim. That who ideal is what led to the paranoia on zen. It feels like it could easily have been setup by Boom to allow confusion to take over down the line.

Which makes sense if Boom is Scum. He would know the ninja shots and he knows zen. If the shots didn’t line up, he would know Zen had to be lying because Zen lies about claims all the time.

That allows him to discreetly discredit zen and derail the game.

That’s my speculation right now
So you don't believe Zen is traitor?

Rajam

Smash Champion
This is gonna be funny come endgame because of how incorrect it is.

My role should be obvious. Hell Zen nailed my meta early on. If you are all that paranoid check me.
In terms of my alignment. He has such a hard scum read with really no reason for it.
That’s what I was referring too.

Like I said my role should be obvious and it was literally figured based on my style early in the game. But that’s more a discussion for post game.

That’s why I said it will be funny when I’m not scum in postgame
All these 'you'll realize during post-game' type of posts Z25 was putting at the end of D2 is really making me 2nd guess my scum read on him

Rajam

Smash Champion
Anyway. GG. Glhf. Z25 is scum. I'm out. Wife's already mad at me for spending to much time on mafia today.

If you're lost at LYLO yeet Xivii.
This is gonna be funny come endgame because of how incorrect it is.

My role should be obvious. Hell Zen nailed my meta early on. If you are all that paranoid check me.
I'm sorry @BoomFrog, but this feels very town. I don't think I'm going to yeet Z.
Wait, I take that back. Z25 Z25 do you think Boom is going to flip scum here?
Why take it back when literally a minute ago you were fine with it and no other posts have happened?

Anyway I honestly don’t. I already pointed out that he was trying to get both me and zen to like his slot by supporting us.

Plus think about early game, Boom set up the Zen paranoia.

He said for chocolate to claim now before it was too late later on and could be a fake claim. That who ideal is what led to the paranoia on zen. It feels like it could easily have been setup by Boom to allow confusion to take over down the line.

Which makes sense if Boom is Scum. He would know the ninja shots and he knows zen. If the shots didn’t line up, he would know Zen had to be lying because Zen lies about claims all the time.

That allows him to discreetly discredit zen and derail the game.

That’s my speculation right now
Then why do you think him being wrong would so funny when the game ends?
In terms of my alignment. He has such a hard scum read with really no reason for it.
That’s what I was referring too.

Like I said my role should be obvious and it was literally figured based on my style early in the game. But that’s more a discussion for post game.

That’s why I said it will be funny when I’m not scum in postgame
Sure, but if he's scum, like you think, then he knows you're town and the case on you is fake. So why would that be funny?
OOOPS. Did fontisian find a scum slip?

This implies that you know I'm town.
It implies Z25 knew BoomFrog was town

Top Bottom