• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Last 3 VCs...

[4] FrozenFlame: Fonti, Pit, Triss, Xivii
[3] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco, Malakandra
[1] BoomFrog: LaserGuy
[2] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, JackritoRajam
[1] SomitomiExlight: #HBC | FrozenFlame

Not voting: z25, somitomiExlight

[7] #HBC | FrozenFlame: Fontisian, Darkpit54, Trisscar, Xivii, LaserGuy, Malakandra, 3DSz25
[3] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, JackritoRajam, somitomiExLight
[2] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco
[1] ExLight: #HBC | FrozenFlame

Green = clear
Red = mafia
Blue = claimed PR (basically cleared at this point)

Most interesting to me here is the middle VC. I don't see either Pit or Triss as likely mafia here... Triss was around right up till end of day and I just can't see scum bussing hard against their own PR in this scenario. If either Triss or Pit moves to Xivii, here, that could be enough for Frozen to hae slipped away. Xivii wagon looks very suspect here. Would be very surprised if there was not at least one mafia on that wagon. Chaco was pushing hard on Xivii and suggesting NL as an alternative which looks very bad. Boom pushed Frozen earlier but the case was nothing and he dropped it very suddenly and to move hard on Xivii. Mala was pushing hard on Xivii but swung over. Could be late bus. I think any of these are good lynches for today.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
pedit.... formatting got messed up somehow? I don't know what happened to the first VC. Let's try again.

[3] BoomFrog: Xivii, Fontisian, LaserGuy
[1] Somitomi: #HBC | FrozenFlame

Not voting: 3DSZ25, Trisscar, Darkpit54, SomitomiExlight, Malakandra

[1] SomitomiExlight: #HBC | FrozenFlame[/QUOTE]

[7] #HBC | FrozenFlame: Fontisian, Darkpit54, Trisscar, Xivii, LaserGuy, Malakandra, 3DSz25
[3] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, JackritoRajam, somitomiExLight

Chaco

Never Logs In
Last 3 VCs...

Green = clear
Red = mafia
Blue = claimed PR (basically cleared at this point)

Most interesting to me here is the middle VC. I don't see either Pit or Triss as likely mafia here... Triss was around right up till end of day and I just can't see scum bussing hard against their own PR in this scenario. If either Triss or Pit moves to Xivii, here, that could be enough for Frozen to hae slipped away. Xivii wagon looks very suspect here. Would be very surprised if there was not at least one mafia on that wagon. Chaco was pushing hard on Xivii and suggesting NL as an alternative which looks very bad. Boom pushed Frozen earlier but the case was nothing and he dropped it very suddenly and to move hard on Xivii. Mala was pushing hard on Xivii but swung over. Could be late bus. I think any of these are good lynches for today.
You’re actually making the same point here I just made above and probably Ninja’d you with. Same negativity on myself annotated. Lol. Like I said, I was deep in the tunnel. And at the risk of pouring wine, no scum is ever gonna suggest a NL. Hardly anyone will. Only reason I did, was because all of the yeet targets late D1 were fly-ers, and they said I was wrong, but with my math that would’ve extended the game another day phase if two mislynches would’ve occurred, D4 MYLO instead of D3, I still dont see how I was wrong with that math there. Nevertheless that’s meaningless, but that was my logic.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Based off visual connection to FF’s slot.

Boom v Me.

FF backs Boom and starts to pocket me.

Boom attacks FF

FF shrugs it off.

FF was clearly butting heads with Fonti, which makes sense why Fonti was the spear tip because I hadn’t read it that way before.

FF evaluates booms points as well as valid etc. addressing the slot but not overly.

When I post that Boom lunch didn’t seem informed to me, FF backs it and says it why he townreads Boom. More pocketing towards me, and double agenda with Boom as scum mate?

The big thing is that Boom was suss if Frozen before and wouldn’t join the yeet.

that’s the biggest flag, imo.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And it leaves a clear reaction trail because the D1 target flipped so quickly that making stances like that as scum and flipping them, would throw you for a loop. So you have to protect your scum mate when it’s swinging that much. Which is why I think Boom is definitely the target today.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Exlight's catchup has a vaguely townslippy feel to it. There's a few quotes in there about how the setup works (traitors, not understanding why PRs were claiming, etc.) and that strike me things mafia ought to have known about by now, but I don't want to give too much credit for it because it's possible s/he could have fabricated this over the long night.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Can you elaborate?
He was prodding you for reads, saying you wouldn’t present them, and some banter back and forth in the regards. Never an attempt to assuage your slot, always seemed against it.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Figured I’d mention, but Sample Role PMs and Game Events are now included in the OP of the Game Thread. In all fairness to the players, they should have been included here from the beginning, because keeping the info in the signup thread only can be construed as being counter-intuitive, and is difficult to find at that. Hopefully this makes the game easier for both parties.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The point if that is, knowing your own slot and the pushes that Frozen was coming at you with and even catching his stances were waffley, it makes sense that you were the one to initiate the Lynch because he was more so against your slot than anywhere else. So you felt what was off, per se. I read people best when they attack me, tbh. So I kindve think people subconsciously do the same.

Looking back I even see you outline what I am seeing with Boom as a point against FF.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I feel you about being in the Xivii tunnel Chaco. Sorry about that Xivii. Anyway, I have some vote count color analysis of my own! (blatantly stolen from Wiisp last game don't tell him)

Red: Confirmed Maf
Blue: Confirmed town
Green: people I think are town and myself
Teal: leaning towards town
Orange: The others

[2] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, Rajam
[1] Exlight: #HBC | FrozenFlame

Not voting: Exlight, Z25

[7] #HBC | FrozenFlame: Fontisian, Darkpit54, Trisscar, Xivii, LaserGuy, Malakandra, Z25
[3] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, Rajam, ExLight

Now that I have scintillated your eyes with color, think the most likely to be scum out of my other category is Exlight. I didn't trust Somo's content yesterday, and the vote onto Laser looks even worse in hindsight. IIRC their reasoning was originally to keep things spicy, then they elaborated saying they didn't like the other two wagons and Laser's the only other viable one and his vote onto Jack looked like distancing. The other two votes on laser had been there for a while, and no one was even talking about voting Laser for the most part so I don't think his wagon was actually viable. If Exlight wanted to make it viable, they should of pushed harder for it rather than just giving the small reasoning they did and sitting back. Not to mention the weird push on Fonti at the start. Fonti literally created the whole push on FF and was the reason it got through, thats as good as a mason saying she's clear in my book, especially since we need to keep our PR's alive right now instead of having them out for a pretty pointless reason after that flip IMO.

Vote Exlight

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Also, thoughts on mass claim? Anyone opposed to it should give a reason, otherwise I'll read blatant no's as a scumtell.
I'm against one for reasons in my above post, mass claiming outs our PR's who we need more than even now that we lost our Neap somehow.

ExLight

Smash Lord
[7] #HBC | FrozenFlame: Fontisian, Darkpit54, Trisscar, Xivii, LaserGuy, Malakandra, Z25
look
rn im kimda drunk and even like ths i can tell this is dumb as ****
scum obviously jumped last second in that wagon to look townier
if you think 7;9/10 town platers voted tgere youre delusionjal

Malakandra

Smash Lord
look
rn im kimda drunk and even like ths i can tell this is dumb as ****
scum obviously jumped last second in that wagon to look townier
if you think 7;9/10 town platers voted tgere youre delusionjal
lol.
My reasoning is up to Laser guy the wagon hadn't become assured, after Laser guy voted, he made the wagon a lot more likely since now FF couldn't just self prez vote onto Xivii or Laser. I switched over next and I know I'm town. Z was hella late, but I feel like his overall content had pinged me as more town here.

ExLight

Smash Lord
7 of 7 actualy
because i was in the other thing and im town
and nsg flipped town

ExLight

Smash Lord
I get that your drunk, so reasoning problems and all that. But if you actually are vanilla you just helped scum a lot because now they can narrow down who the masons are.
masom should jusy claim anyway
reduce poe if they're in it an ****

ExLight

Smash Lord
tracker is olmy useful in end game
and the voyer is the dumbest **** in a game where theres only investigative and killing roles
i guess theres disruptive but doesnt really matter

ExLight

Smash Lord
actually it mattes because it clears someone
but they have to get lucky unless it late game but scum wont roleblock late game probbly unless its the track or whatever

fontisian

Smash Champion
The roleblocker is dead. You should, uh, stop posting until your sober, ExLight.

Top Bottom