• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Never yeet: Fonti, Chaco, Triss, Darkpit, Xivii, Z25

Only Yeet if the below don't end the game: LaserGuy, Malakandra, ExLight

Voted his scumbud for weak reasoning, failed to join the wagon when it came down to it, was lurking near end of day and posted after the execution to try and make himself look like he didn't know what Frozen was going to flip: Boom

Scum Claimed: JackJam

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
They claimed very late, after it was clear no one else would. Xivii especially, Fonti's timing was more ligit. Also, if mafia has 0 ninja shots then they know there can't be counter claims.
How so? If there were 0 ninja shots, I would assume there was a traitor and Chocolate.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
hmmm i didnt see him real time to maybe yea
how was it diffent to you
No attempt to read anyone or puzzle things out. He just made vague meta reads on Triss and Laser that didn't even hold up. Fake aggression as well. There was no attempt to do anything. I let is slide due the possibility he was Neap avoiding the NK, but now that we know that's not the case, he's just scum.

ExLight

Smash Lord
How so? If there were 0 ninja shots, I would assume there was a traitor and Chocolate.
or none right
if they say you claiming then theyd know thers no visitor and could fake clam it tho hmm

ExLight

Smash Lord
nevermimd therees no recruiting for the traitor so fonti is provably cleared

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Now that I have scintillated your eyes with color, think the most likely to be scum out of my other category is Exlight. I didn't trust Somo's content yesterday, and the vote onto Laser looks even worse in hindsight. IIRC their reasoning was originally to keep things spicy, then they elaborated saying they didn't like the other two wagons and Laser's the only other viable one and his vote onto Jack looked like distancing. The other two votes on laser had been there for a while, and no one was even talking about voting Laser for the most part so I don't think his wagon was actually viable. If Exlight wanted to make it viable, they should of pushed harder for it rather than just giving the small reasoning they did and sitting back. Not to mention the weird push on Fonti at the start. Fonti literally created the whole push on FF and was the reason it got through, thats as good as a mason saying she's clear in my book, especially since we need to keep our PR's alive right now instead of having them out for a pretty pointless reason after that flip IMO.
What do you think scum!Exlight's motivation for voting me here was if they weren't trying to make a real case on me?

Never yeet: Fonti, Chaco, Triss, Darkpit, Xivii, Z25

Only Yeet if the below don't end the game: LaserGuy, Malakandra, ExLight

Voted his scumbud for weak reasoning, failed to join the wagon when it came down to it, was lurking near end of day and posted after the execution to try and make himself look like he didn't know what Frozen was going to flip: Boom

Scum Claimed: JackJam
Tunnel vision would be a reason why you're still alive. As someone who is townreading you, and seemingly an universal town-read from yersterDay, I'm telling you: drop the tunnel, look somewhere else. Scum left you alive for a reason: you were wrong :p
This is the post in question btw.

Vote Rajam

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Traitor - 1
Choco +1
Visitor +2

If there's 0 ninja shots, scum can fake claim Visitor but not Chocolate (because setup is either Chocolate + Traitor or None of Chocolate/Visitor/Traitor)
If there is 1 ninja shot, scum can't fake claim ether Visitor or Chocolate (because setup is Chocolate only or Visitor + Traitor)
If there is 2 ninja shots, scum can't fake claim either Visitor or Chocolate (because setup is Visitor only or Visitor + Chocolate + Traitor)
If there is 3 ninja shots, scum can't fake claim either Visitor or Chocolate (because setup is Visitor + Chocolate)

So scum could not safely claim Chocolate in either case.
Scum could only safely claim Visitor if they had 0 shots or if they had 1 shot and no one claimed chocolate. So in this case, scum could have only safely claimed Visitor if they had 0 ninja shots.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Wait a second. Looking at the role PMs in the OP it looks like scum actually do only have night chat? Is this so UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin ?

If so, then what DP took for a town slip from Mala earlier, may have actually been a scum slip.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
What do you think scum!Exlight's motivation for voting me here was if they weren't trying to make a real case on me?
I would think a wagon scum could be more sure about for FF to self prez onto. If Exlight and Raj are both scum, then they could be more certain in the laser wagon staying up than the Xivii wagon, which was getting a lot more pressure for people to switch off and the members were online, where as NSG was MIA at the end there. Same reason I think Jack/Raj stayed on it for as long as they did and didn't change it when they came back to the thread.

ExLight

Smash Lord
i think im starting to sober up but ill go for more and you aint ****ing stopping me

Malakandra

Smash Lord
[4] Rajam: Xivii, Fonti, Laser, Mala
[1] ExLight: Trisscar
[1] Chaco: ExLight

should be accurate ex

fontisian

Smash Champion
Don't actually hammer yet, thanks.

Malakandra Malakandra Pretend you're ExLight and you're scum. Do you show up at the beginning of the Day calling Darkpit and Trisscar mafia, pickinf fights with everyone (included the person who just yeeted your partner), talking about the scum rolecop, and screaming about how you're vanilla?

Alsp, Trisscar's town for her belief in ExLight faking being drunk. Imagine being mafia there and accusing someone you know is town of faking spelling errors to pretend to be drunk.

fontisian

Smash Champion
If you all do hammer and I die, my recommended yeet order is Rajam -> Boom -> Laser -> Mala.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Don't actually hammer yet, thanks.

Malakandra Malakandra Pretend you're ExLight and you're scum. Do you show up at the beginning of the Day calling Darkpit and Trisscar mafia, pickinf fights with everyone (included the person who just yeeted your partner), talking about the scum rolecop, and screaming about how you're vanilla?

Alsp, Trisscar's town for her belief in ExLight faking being drunk. Imagine being mafia there and accusing someone you know is town of faking spelling errors to pretend to be drunk.
No lol. Good point.

I agree with you on Triss, don't see that being a scum tactic.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Triss is beyond right about Ex’s drunk speech pattern. No one starts posting like that and 20 minutes that is back to normal. Like cmon, and you claimed while pulling it.

besides that horrendous mess, still think Boom is the play. Even though I believe half of that “drunk” speech was faked. Even if you were hammered, it wouldn’t have been bad enough and bounced back. (And before I’m told I don’t know what I’m talking about, I bartended for about 5 years.)

Chaco

Never Logs In
I will say it wasn’t inherently scummy though. More just poorly thought out.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Triss is beyond right about Ex’s drunk speech pattern. No one starts posting like that and 20 minutes that is back to normal. Like cmon, and you claimed while pulling it.

besides that horrendous mess, still think Boom is the play. Even though I believe half of that “drunk” speech was faked. Even if you were hammered, it wouldn’t have been bad enough and bounced back. (And before I’m told I don’t know what I’m talking about, I bartended for about 5 years.)
Interesting. Based on what I've seen of Triss' intuition in the past and your experience here, I'm inclined to think there's a good chance Ex is scum here.
Anyone familiar with ExLight scum's meta? Chances of scum ExLight asking this?
He's only been town on smashboards so far.

Rajam

Smash Champion
ExLight, in your #968 you post the next:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame said:
8. Darkpit54 - posts just don't set of scum alarm bells for me at all, and the content seems mostly on point so its a solid townlean

hmmm

Your response to this was a 'hmmm'. What does that mean, can you expand a bit more?

Top Bottom