• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

ExLight

Smash Lord
but since the visitor is outed (and confirmed technically?) and the neap is dead the tracker seeing anyone moving is a way more solid red check
which includes both the rolecop/kill and the roleblocker but they dead ayy
the ninja point is fair but it's limited and prolly runs out really fast if they're wanting to play safe early on

Rajam

Smash Champion
The reason isn't because of scum, it's because I'll get lynched.
I'm considering 3DS as an ideal backup yeet, if I don't want to go anywhere else, as his refusal to contribute is inherently anti-town and his concern about being yeeted here:

seems more scum indicative than town, as last game he was shot n1, not yeeted, so as town he should have been more concerned about being shot again. The argument for him being town, of course, is that his scummates would be telling him to cut this out already, though considering his responses in thread, I'm not sure he would listen.
I like and support this

Rajam

Smash Champion
vote Laserguy

I'm still not getting the same town vibes that I got in our last game their play here reminds me more of when we were scum together. I'm still not sold on Triss is town, but everyone else thinks they are fine so will drop it for today.

I can also go to Raxx who has being really underwhealming compared to my only other game with them where they were my top town read. Also a couple of others but I have no exp with any of them so not sure what to expect.

I don't think a Ninja lynch is the best play today since we get a real lack of info, but if their effort is this bad by eod if might have to be. I was in the other 2 games with them so I sort of get where they are coming from, but being NK should be a badge of honor tbh not something to be scared of it means you scare scum team. I could potentially see them being quite because this is their first scum game and not knowing how to deal with it after doing bad as town. So are in full anti spew early, but that seems like a bit of a risk to punt on. Like said though if they don't want to play I'm not going to sit here and let them bring town down by being a distraction every day.

In the spirit of honesty I'm really not trying as hard as in this as I should be, not sure why but just not feeling it atm. This could be potential burnout from so many games at once and that team mafia game. I'm honestly shocked the only person who has made a slight push on me off this is Boom and that freaks me out a bit the town reads I got for doing nothing.
I want to say I agree with the guy I'm replacing, although I have no meta on Laser, I agree that the slot has left absolutely no town impression so far, which is always a bad sign

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why would scum kill chocolate? Their priority is neap.
Sure, if scum have a strong clue who the neap is then they take it. In that case you are not getting targeted whether you claim chocolate or just "play super townie". But if they don't have a hint at a PR then they target the confirmed townie who is also a strong scum hunter. If you were confirmed then you NEED to get shot by mafia before like D3. Do scum take the 1 in 9 shot of hitting neap (and maybe hitting traitor) or do they take out the confirmed town?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sure, if scum have a strong clue who the neap is then they take it. In that case you are not getting targeted whether you claim chocolate or just "play super townie". But if they don't have a hint at a PR then they target the confirmed townie who is also a strong scum hunter. If you were confirmed then you NEED to get shot by mafia before like D3. Do scum take the 1 in 9 shot of hitting neap (and maybe hitting traitor) or do they take out the confirmed town?
Neap.

Chaco

Never Logs In
but since the visitor is outed (and confirmed technically?) and the neap is dead the tracker seeing anyone moving is a way more solid red check
the ninja point is fair but it's limited and prolly runs out really fast if they're wanting to play safe early on
Right. But the information we have right now points to 3 shots, unless traitor is active. Then it’s 2. So play an early safe game and Tracker won’t be able to hit on much.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Can Ninja shots only be used once per night, or can it cover abilities and Night kill til shots are gone? Sorry if I missed where this is clarified.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Hmm... thinking about this more, your (BoomFrog) being obsessed with Xivii's "I'm so Town" shtick is probably more likely coming from Town. I think scum!Boom is probably more likely just to roll with it and not worry about trying to figure out what Xivii is up to even if he doesn't understand it. I think I'll move Boom up to nullTown.
I think this is important to take into account in case BoomFrog flips mafia; I'm willing to believe from this both Laser and BF aren't scummates.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
That is a wild answer... You kill the neap because they will generate 2-3 confirmed townies if they live. But taking a 1/9 shot at that is much worse expected value then the 100% chance to eliminate a confirmed townie.

But you think that being "super townie" might attract the NK if they are neap hunting? But if you are trying to fake being the neap then you don't go so high profile.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This isn't really relevant to the game seeing as neap is no longer in play, but this isn't really arguable. Neap gets scum positives, town positives, and false scum positives. Tracker only gets scum positives and false scum positives. In other words, tracking a VT doesn't tell you they are town, Neaping a VT does.

Neap had
3 or 4/12 chance of getting a scum positive
2/12 chance of getting a false positive
6 or 7/12 chance at getting a town positive

Tracker had
1/12 chance of getting a scum positive
1/12 chance of getting a false positive
0/12 chance of getting a town positive

Tracker in general is a weak investigative. Neap is strong if the majority of players are VT.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
No. Why are you still pretending I can be scum haha.
You seriously could be. Your D1 "strategy" makes no sense. The only things that actually make me think you are town is that you asked Neap to target FF early and FF was bummed about the setup imbalance, which he wouldn't be if one of his mates was being taken as town. Also, probably FF doesn't try to fan the flames of the "what if Xivii is false claiming" fire.

Fine, I may be over reacting because it would damage my honor if you snowed me twice in a row. I'll work under the assumption that you are town today.

ExLight

Smash Lord
tracker doesn't get false positives because visitor was outed and neap is dead, and that's why it is better imo

and it's not /12 because they can exclude themselves, the masons, and whoever claimed

Malakandra

Smash Lord
[4] Rajam: Xivii, Fonti, Laser, Mala
[1] ExLight: Trisscar
[1] Chaco: ExLight
[1]Boomfrog: Rajam

I think just one on boomfrog, unless I'm horribly missing something. Got a bit of a headache, so I'll try to keep up today, but can't promise anything spectacular.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'm pretty confident about Raj, here. I think the FF lynch has given is the momentum and by the post Fonti pointed out it seems like scum think they were at a big disadvantage even before FF was yeeted, so their motivation has to be low right now. Should be a nice cleanup for us.

Rajam, you seem to have been ignoring the wagon against you and the points for it. Do you have anything to say in defense of yourself?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean it seems like scum isn’t out to go after strong town like you are thinking. Otherwise wouldn’t Fonti be killed instead? Not only did they have a claim, they had been a big part of removing Frozen. If the mafia was targeting the strong core, that would have been it I would say.

Also it feels a bit early to be voting. If Raj isn’t scum then they could easily have their wagon piled on and yeeted early, giving us less of a day phase and the mafia more time to plan.

Although tbh Rajam is probably my top pick as well, because their prior slot felt like they weren’t playing for town and currently I don’t think they have improved that.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't really see us being in a different position 4 days from now than we are today.

Also Request Fast Night

Rajam

Smash Champion
The progression is too off: "looking into" jack, suddenly strongly town reading him, suddenly scum reading him, suddenly not, voting laser.

Vote: Fonti
And actually you know what, I thought jack may have been playing the way he is because he's a PR, but the Laser vote and his reasoning on Triss are no good.

Fonti and Jack's push on both Laser and Triss look coordinated. Jack has been saying Triss is off when her play has been the same as Sumthing. And Fonti said her posting is more truncated than usual when that's simply a defining feature of Triss' speech in general.
ok idk what's this, but Zen you're better than this

1st quote: That's not scummy at all. Specially D1. If anything is more of a town tell, I'd say scum is more afraid to change stances (they might change from town to scum, but usually they hold to their 'scum' reads because they've to work harder to 'develop' them and are less willing to quickly drop those). I know I change my reads all the time because I tend to read chunks by chunks and reread a lot

2nd quote: Since when scum coordinates anything D1 ¿? Most scum teams barely talk during Day Phases, even less to coordinate reads/pushes on likes of D1. That never happens in practice

From what I've skimmed of D2 it seems Zen is some sort of cleared via game mechanics? is that for certain, warranted?

Rajam

Smash Champion
I'm pretty confident about Raj, here. I think the FF lynch has given is the momentum and by the post Fonti pointed out it seems like scum think they were at a big disadvantage even before FF was yeeted, so their motivation has to be low right now. Should be a nice cleanup for us.

Rajam, you seem to have been ignoring the wagon against you and the points for it. Do you have anything to say in defense of yourself?
I haven't even read D1 fully yet, Im focused on that tbh. From D2 I've only skimmed some stuff just to check is something urgent/key jumps in

If anything just give me time to finish reading D1, and we should also see more from 3DSNinja's slot

Rajam

Smash Champion
somitomi's #322 feels super empty and looks like a post just for the sake of having a post. Ignores lots of ongoing stuff, and offers no direction at what somi was looking at that point. Noteworthy is that he didnt ignore frozen's post though :p

Chaco

Never Logs In
Somi’s agreements with my posts mirror a lot of Frozen doing the same. Could be a collective effort to pocket me from ScumTalk.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
oh just in case, I'm still voting Boom

unvote
vote: BoomFrog
This seems indicative of not scummates, but it could just be distancing since he seems to be on the way out.

Vote: Rajam

It takes six votes to hammer, that was the fifth. I don't really see the benefit of ending the day early, but I do think Raj is scum, so if you want to it should only take one more vote

Chaco

Never Logs In
Rajam Rajam the only thing other Xivii could be is scum/traitor (if there is one) because of his miller claim. Which it’s just too ballsy of a move, and Fonti’s claim behind Xivii mechanically makes him more town. Considering Voy/track did their thing on Fonti, she is cleared and by proxy Xivii as well, imo.

Even in the off chance that Xivii was super ballsy enough to claim miller as traitor, that’s a lot to lose cause it could put him on NK radar by scum.

that’s why I said Occam’s razor says Xivii is town

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Why? Why not Z25 or Laser?
A mix of reasoning from their previous slot, Jack had a disingenuous push on Trisscar, they weren't doing things that stood out as town, They disappeared when pushed/questioned, and were on just before EoD, when the Xivii and Frozen wagons were the big ones, then disappeared without changing their vote. For Raj, I agree we should give him time to catch up, I assumed he had already caught up over the night and was just choosing to mainly talk about D1 stuff instead of addressing points. His early insistence that a mass claim should happen feels like him trying to out the remaining town PR's we have. I also don't like his reasons for wanting 3DS/Z yeeted since as I have stated before I feel like Ninja's not wanting to post is NAI since it kinda makes sense from his perspective.

I've talked a bit why not Z or Laser here. They simply have more going for them townwise at this time than the Raj slot.

Top Bottom