• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Sorry everyone, I looked at the thread yesterday, but my brain was boiled mush. I'm gonna try reading through the backlog, although knowing me it will take way too long.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
mm, disagree on your method for the first bit. Being aggro is just going to get people to not like your methods and scum read you more.

I'd prefer if people joked around a bit more at the very beginning personally, it sets a tone of lightheartedness and fun that is harder to subvert throughout the game and makes it less likely to turn toxic or otherwise awful.
He tends to struggle a lot more as mafia and is usually quite transparent.
Lies, I tend to struggle a lot as either alignment :chuckle:
I mean is the first part not obv, to make people think he is town so he can pocket them, which he is very good at.
Okay, but openly saying "look at how town I am" is actually kind of counterproductive if that's the goal. At best, others will shrug it off as a joke and most likely it will kind of spoil whatever good impressions people have by making you look extremely self-aware.
You seem pure.
And that's enough to propel me past town lean into town core? Are you trying to pocket me or something?
You seriously want BoomFrog to spend time reading back for posts with typos in them? Well, it's late for BoomFrog now, but I recall having trouble parsing some of Chaco's posts. And I'm absolutely not going to read back for them, looking for something that doesn't even help us find mafia is a waste of time.
Could this be a traitor? Constantly telling us he's town, while still a little sus so probably wouldn't get night killed?

I'd have to look back at his previous posts to see who he'd be protecting, and I'll admit that I don't really know how traitors usually play, but I think this could be a possibility. There's also the point that was made of him listing four possible scum, but I don't know that that really holds any weight.
I'd say listing four possible scum is more of a D1 thing, I tend to disregard any setup info in my early reads. There isn't enough information to create a complete game theory and there's no point disregarding suspicions on someone just because there are more scummy people than the setup allows.

Right, that's the top of page 6, I have to go now, will continue after lunch.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
EBWOP
Mmm, disagree on your method for the first bit. Being aggro is just going to get people to not like your methods and scum read you more.

I'd prefer if people joked around a bit more at the very beginning personally, it sets a tone of lightheartedness and fun that is harder to subvert throughout the game and makes it less likely to turn toxic or otherwise awful.
I can see the benefit of being a aggro (within reasonable limits, this is a game after all), as it puts some pressure on people and how they react to it can help gauge their alignment. On the flipside others can scumread you for it, although that's not guaranteed (especially if the player doing it is known for that sort of thing). On the other hand, I also like when a game is a bit more relaxed and lighthearted.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Reason I voted for LaserGuy is pretty much in retaliation of him voting for me after saying I was a newbie. If I get lynched for the sole fact that I haven’t played a whole lot then that seems a little suspicious to me. Like he’s scum trying to weed out me because I’m not 100% sure on the rules and strategy’s. This probably makes me an easy safe target for him because he can cross off me as being suspicious because I’m new. Me getting lynched would probably be easy for them to get everyone else up to do because my tales aren’t known. Whether I’m scum is 50/50 to everyone but I COULD scream out my role to prove my innocence but that is apparently a bad idea so I’m not gonna.
I don't think LG voted you just for being newbie, that was just circumstantial to the odd remark you made about finding power roles.
will catch up when I get home, but I will say that Darkpit mirrored my thought of Xiivi as potential traitor due to behavior
Hmm, I think that makes sense.
The reason isn't because of scum, it's because I'll get lynched.
Yes, but now you're just jumping out ofthe frying pan into the fire.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Now that I’ve seen what you’re talking about BoomFrog, that’s just the way I type. I type as if it were coming off the top of my head, I don’t sit there and worry about sentence structure or typos, or anything of that nature. So sorry if it makes it harder on you. But Xivii is literally right on 100% of what he said I meant.

And the take my hand is an old DGames joke from years ago, it’s basically an Aladdin meme “I can show you the world”?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Now that I’ve seen what you’re talking about BoomFrog, that’s just the way I type. I type as if it were coming off the top of my head, I don’t sit there and worry about sentence structure or typos, or anything of that nature. So sorry if it makes it harder on you. But Xivii is literally right on 100% of what he said I meant.

And the take my hand is an old DGames joke from years ago, it’s basically an Aladdin meme “I can show you the world”?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Nah it made sense, you shouldn't regret getting a good amount of readable thoughts out there.
I don't think I ever said I townread boom? Emphasis on think, I certainly do not town or scum read them currently and have no memory of giving a read on them.
My bad, I worded that poorly. I was meaning to ask them why they were so strongly townreading you, not the other way around. Sorry for the confusion, though I do appreciate the response

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Town
3DSNinja
Darkpit54
NonSpecificGuy
Trisscar
Fontisian

Probably town
Xivii - Yeah yeah. You're still getting the deceleration of doom before the end of the day though.
Chaco - The negatives are explainable and I agree with Fontisian.
Jackrito - That doesn't mean you can get away with lurking all game though.
LaserGuy - Within expected LaserGuy parameters so far.

Needs More
FrozeηFlame - Your posts are good, and I understand quantity is likely limited by RL. But since you don't seem to have time for live interaction I'd like to get clear opinions from you.
Somitomi - Hi
Raxxel - You almost entirely talk about Xivii and yet don't even state any alignment opinion of Xivii let alone other players. Are you planning to actually play the game Raxxel or just watch from the sidelines? You don't seem to be scum hunting.

Vote Raxxel

I'd like ordered lists from everyone, but especially #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , somitomi somitomi , and Raxxel Raxxel
Why do you have Triss as town core? I'm really not feeling her as town, I was last game but they feel so different to me here, which is why my vote is still there even though it was RVS.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Just so you know, I am here. I'm off my medication right now so it's harder for me to focus and read through everything. I apologize for my lack of activity. Once I catch up I'll post my reads.

In the mean time, I will note something that stuck out to me.

Xivii Xivii why did you call for a Ninja prod sooner than a prod for me? His last post when you made that request was more recent than mine.

Chaco Chaco You asked about Xivii's proactivity. I know I'm late, and it's probably irrelevant now, but I feel like I owe an answer regardless. The main thing that gave me that impression was that Xivii right out the gate had begun asking multiple questions to me. Said questions, while maybe pretty standard for early game, were productive. So that stood out as proactive to me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco Chaco You asked about Xivii's proactivity. I know I'm late, and it's probably irrelevant now, but I feel like I owe an answer regardless. The main thing that gave me that impression was that Xivii right out the gate had begun asking multiple questions to me. Said questions, while maybe pretty standard for early game, were productive. So that stood out as proactive to me.
I gotcha, explains your initial reaction to it then.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is quite high based off the little he has posted.
Can you explain this read to me?
I initially had her in the town core because I'm a sucker for people calling themselves town. Like why would scum every say they are town? It doesn't make sense. Scum would never do that. But anyway, her trying to direct the watcher is suspicious. As well as her read on me and Jack.
And that's enough to propel me past town lean into town core? Are you trying to pocket me or something?
What answer do you hope to gain from this?
You seriously want BoomFrog to spend time reading back for posts with typos in them?
What do you think of my explanation for this?
Why do you have Triss as town core? I'm really not feeling her as town, I was last game but they feel so different to me here, which is why my vote is still there even though it was RVS.
You are lacking.
Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii why did you call for a Ninja prod sooner than a prod for me? His last post when you made that request was more recent than mine.
You had posted game relevant content. He had not.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'd say listing four possible scum is more of a D1 thing, I tend to disregard any setup info in my early reads. There isn't enough information to create a complete game theory and there's no point disregarding suspicions on someone just because there are more scummy people than the setup allows.
Hmm, I think that makes sense.
This is scum indicative. So much for my town core.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Short and blunt sentences come from a place sincerity. They indicate that the person has a sense of innocence as they are comfortable stepping on toes and speaking their mind without having to justify every little bit. My recent posts have been full of these. They also have calling people out for their discrepancies which shows that I'm in an interrogative (townie) mental state.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I am deeply enjoying everything Xivii posts and that's a town thing. Everyone knows only town can make you laugh.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I feel like we should be the meme of Rick and Morty with Xivii being town from their posts.

“You son of a ***** I’m in.”

On a serious note:

I agree concision is pro town. However, whatever gambit youre playing earns zero points with me. It truthfully makes it harder to discern your slot which is anti town. And like I said, bad townie in my eyes is indicative of traitor meta, and just plain scummy. So that’s the thing I’d like to see from you is plain concision and not fallacy laden posts. That’s been addressed also, so it’s kindve hard for me to understand what you’re getting at. Take away the fluff, and the barebones aren’t much. The upside is you have plenty of interaction with everyone, which later on will make it easier to discern your slot. But there’s so many inactive, or lesser content players, that I’d rather keep you because you overall have more intrinsic value and are easier to work from.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
This is quite high based off the little he has posted.
This is valid, so I'll try to explain my logic. He's by no means locked, just the least suspicious to me at the moment. While he hasn't posted a ton, some things he's posted have read very well for him imo, and I can't recall any posts that stood out as seeming scum.

We doing another game where you are just going to throw random stuff together. I did one nothing post I should not be town to you.
This post earned a lot of points with me. I could easily be putting way too much into it, but I feel like most scum would simply accept a high town rating.

why did you not comment on Fonti's big post about what to do today role wise, every other game I have played with you your focus has being on role mechs and how to use them. It was driving me mad last game yet Fonti does a big thing on that, and you choose to ignore it?
I also liked his posts like this, analyzing players' traditional styles and looking at variances now, and what that might mean for town.

Honestly, looking back, there wasn't as much as I was remembering, and he might should be a few slots lower lol. However, I still haven't really seen anything to make me sus of him.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
This is scum indicative. So much for my town core.
Could you explain how? I didn't get much of substance in those with either leaning lol

I don't think making an argument for Xivii being town would beneficial at this point in time (mainly because if he is scum, I don't want him to have insight into how I'm reading him just yet), but I do have one if anyone feels like it would help them solve later.
Not at all asking for this right now, just reminding everyone of it's existence. I'm very interested in hearing this later on.

I think my struggle to read Xivii comes from the fact that they're interacting with everyone and posting a lot of content, some ofwhich containing great information. I especially appreciate all of the questions they're asking. However, it feels like the motivation behind all of this is solely to seem more townie rather than actually helping town. I do agree with Chaco that they're an asset right now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
NSG is either townie, or being coached by a more experienced scum mate to play his newness. A lot of the stuff he says definitely screams newbie, but I feel like that I shouldn’t claim my role to prove my spot post was scummy and WIFOMy. It just didn’t sit right with me.

Anyone else have similar sentiments there?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
FrozenFlame feels very similar to the games I've played with him before. Very lurky, thinks deeply. I seem to recall he teaches courses in mafia or something though, so I'm assuming he's got his own BoomFrog medal of honor kicking around somewhere. Putting him at nullTown.
this an impressively concise and accurate take on my playstyle lol. I didn't teach courses in mafia, just ran the mafia club at my university when I was in undergrad lol, I DID teach LSAT courses tho and Im now a practicing attorney so that's where my RL johns come from. Unfortunate reality is I just got a promotion to a new division in my office and am prepping to take over a whole new caseload which is absolutely destroying my free time. When I originally signed up for this game weeks ago I had no idea that was coming. Great news for my professional development, not for my mafia career, just bad timing

@BoomFrog I would still like to know what typos you had a hard time parsing. I ask because your comment on them looks to me like one of those throwaway remarks that scummates make toward each other. It was not difficult reading Chaco's posts at all. Does anyone disagree with this
reading and responding to this with the benefit of having read Boom's really detailed post responding to this quote, but looking at what Chaco type I don't think I agree with your assessment that it "wasn't difficult" which I take you mean to imply that there werent really MEANINGFUL ambiguities and that Boom was playing possible ambiguities up to create SvS fluff? Not that I'm saying the proposed strat you're articulating is non-feasible but giving what Boom actually ended up pointing out I think it def comes off as genuine lack of understanding. I mean, unless Chaco ****ing coached him to miss the aladdin "take my hand" joke which would be the most 9000 IQ **** I've ever seen like I've never been outplayed that hard

....Just for talking? Mate no. XD
triss with the *chef's kiss* moment here, this slot's irreverence is kind of growing on me ngl

Bolded for emphasis.

I think this is supposed to be "would be taken as a literal PoV" but I had to reread it the first time to parse it.

It seems like certain is supposed to be a different word. I'd like to know what the intended adjective was here. Or there's an implication I am missing.

Best guess is take my head.

He's replying to FrozenFlame here. This is more, poorly articulated thoughts then a typo, but I don't know what case he is referring to, and why the case is OMGUS-y. Also, I assume pull into me means attack him, but I'm not sure what he was trying to say exactly.

I like to read people's words carefully, not just get the gist of what they are saying. His sloppy posting did make that harder.
Ok so like if you're actually scum and you were using Chaco's "sloppy" posting style to create free SvS distancing banter and THEN LATER retrofitted your reasoning by post hoc going back and inventing plausible misunderstandings based on these very reasonable ambiguities then Im getting outplayed so ****ing hard like I don't even know why I decided to come back and play mafia again when the meta has ascended beyond my mortal comprehension. I'm not saying that this CAN'T be SvS but this sure as hell proves that it wasn't initially Boomfrog trying to deflect with a bull**** excuse. There were clear and genuine misunderstandings between the slots. Doesn't mean necessarily that it wasn't just non-choreographed SvS distancing, tho that isn't my impression

LMAO bro when I saw boom genuinely asking what "take my hand" meant and concluded it must've meant "take my head" I literally ****ing lol'd, I love how we take that phrase for granted here because of that meme, it's just part of the mafia parlance here

NSG is either townie, or being coached by a more experienced scum mate to play his newness. A lot of the stuff he says definitely screams newbie, but I feel like that I shouldn’t claim my role to prove my spot post was scummy and WIFOMy. It just didn’t sit right with me.

Anyone else have similar sentiments there?
Idk if this is the exact vibe I get but the slot definitely feels off, like he's leaning into being a newbie in terms of rhetorical posturing but then he isn't just going on and playing the game without restraint of his naivete which I'm more inclined to think a town noob would do. Like I'd expect "lol yeah Im a noob, guess its obvious from what I'm saying, well ok just gonna keep doin what I'm doing" instead of what I feel we're getting here which is "yep Im a nooby alright, pay me no mind teehee" and then just, nothing else? Starts to feel more like an excuse to lurk than an explanation for unfiltered stumbling thru genuine reads

You seriously want BoomFrog to spend time reading back for posts with typos in them? Well, it's late for BoomFrog now, but I recall having trouble parsing some of Chaco's posts. And I'm absolutely not going to read back for them, looking for something that doesn't even help us find mafia is a waste of time..
I actually think is a bit overharsh of a take, I think its very strongly arguable that boomfrog having put in the effort to go back and "show his work" so to speak allowed us to glean some serious insight into the slot. And frankly as tedious of a question it is for Xivii to asked, I'm inclined to give him some credit for asking it, because I assume he was actually interested to find out if it was a bull**** excuse on frogs part

I think in all universes, Frozen should be the neap target.
idk what I did to earn the PR target so firmly in your mind, very curious to hear why such myopia here

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's where I'm at overall:

Not a play (in order of general strength of town read):
10. BoomFrog - probably seeing the most concerted effort coming from this slot relative to everyone else, really feels like he's scumhunting and in a careful and deliberate way
3. Trisscar - on first read this slot was very meh to me but upon re-read idk why but this slot just feels like a towny trying to have a good time if that makes sense? def more of a gut read
8. Darkpit54 - posts just don't set of scum alarm bells for me at all, and the content seems mostly on point so its a solid townlean
11. Xivii/6. Chaco - these two probably second on effort only to boom, they're the primary discussion drivers so far and to give xiivi credit where credit is due among his many self proclaimed virtues, flowing discussion is in fact inherently pro town and scum definitely have less motive to keep the pot stirred generally speaking. Also frankly these are veteran players that I have the most familiarity with out of the cast and I know at a base level neither are endgame liabilities so keeping them around isn't risky right now

Meh:
2. Jackrito - slot comes off like a slightly worse darkpit to me for some reason, nothing really notable as far as getting a town read but also nothing that pings scummy for me thus far
4. Fontisian - probably having the hardest time reading this slot, I feel like font isn't sharing everything he's really thinking but I can't quite figure out of thats out of fear or meant as a wait and see strategy
12. LaserGuy - slot feels like it's kind of been on the defensive for awhile but then never pivoted into trying to be affirmatively town if that makes sense? Xiivi came out of the gates swinging and nothing about the defense seemed suss but the slot doesn't stick out in my mind much more than "had a cool take on my playstyle and wasn't rattled under xiivi pressure"

Can be the play:

1. 3DSNinja - actively not playing because he think's it'll get him night- *checks notes* oh uhm, lynched I guess? It's a lame self-fulfilling prophecy at this point, this slot just showing signs of being a liability
7. Somitomi - slots posts come off as very reactive instead of proactive and like they're meant to satiate players paying the slot attention in the hopes that they'll stop and let the slot just fade into the background, self preservationist vibe
9. Raxxel - Has this slot done anything?
13. NonSpecificGuy - Has this slot done anything?

fontisian

Smash Champion
I feel like I've already shared that her misunderstanding of scum abilities could have been a townslip. I didn't consider the actual mechanical contributions useful.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok, so we've got a little under 48 hours to deadline and we're basically no where. We've got plurality yeet here, so this could be worse, though that lack of pressure that comes with majority yeet is probably part of the problem so far.

I'm currently doing a reread to try to solidify where I want to go Today. I know do not want to yeet any of Chaco, NSG, Xivii and Darkpit, for reasons both myself and others have already elaborated on, though I can go into more detail on any of the four as needed. My goal at the moment is build a larger towncore up, and then figure out some places to look in the remaining poe.

I'm considering 3DS as an ideal backup yeet, if I don't want to go anywhere else, as his refusal to contribute is inherently anti-town and his concern about being yeeted here:
seems more scum indicative than town, as last game he was shot n1, not yeeted, so as town he should have been more concerned about being shot again. The argument for him being town, of course, is that his scummates would be telling him to cut this out already, though considering his responses in thread, I'm not sure he would listen.

3DSNinja 3DSNinja , if you are town, I am not trying to upset you or set you up to be killed here, but I simply need more from you. Please do something.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don’t disagree with you at all about 3DSNinja, I just hate for that slot to be our go to, because it literally gives us absolutely nothing in D2, and solely leaves our D2 starting with the NK from N1 and/if any PR gains pertinent information that can be useful enough to out D2. It’s really crappy to sign up for a game and then bluntly refuse to play essentially. I’m by no means talking **** at all, I just cannot for the life of me understand why at all to even do that. It’s blatantly anti town, and just disrespectful to game moderator honestly. Like I said and I will reinforce this, I’m not talking **** at all. It’s just frustrating to deal with. Cause let’s be honest, a 3DS Lynch gives us literally nothing to go off of except a few posts expressing that they don’t want to get lynched/NKsd ND1. Complete and total game liability. HOWEVER, with this setup, if we are facing 4 scum with 9 town, and 3DS is town, we roll into D2 with 4/7, unless scum NK traitor in that situation of 4/9. But let’s be honest, that’s a 11% chance? So unless we are on targetD2, we potentially roll into D3 in MYLO. All because we roll into D2 with no information off of our D1 Lynch. But that goes for more than just that slot, it similarly goes for Raxxel. NSG not AS much, but still a similar situation.

But being 100% honest, as it looks now, I do not want 3DS in a clutch or die situation. It’s like a congrats, you lived past D1 and screwed town cause if your refusal to okay early game.

Sorry if that’s harsh, but if you aren’t going to play, why sign up? Active replacement in waiting.

I more than welcome you to jump into the game and be an active component, but if you have no intention to, seek replacement.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
vote Laserguy

I'm still not getting the same town vibes that I got in our last game their play here reminds me more of when we were scum together. I'm still not sold on Triss is town, but everyone else thinks they are fine so will drop it for today.

I can also go to Raxx who has being really underwhealming compared to my only other game with them where they were my top town read. Also a couple of others but I have no exp with any of them so not sure what to expect.

I don't think a Ninja lynch is the best play today since we get a real lack of info, but if their effort is this bad by eod if might have to be. I was in the other 2 games with them so I sort of get where they are coming from, but being NK should be a badge of honor tbh not something to be scared of it means you scare scum team. I could potentially see them being quite because this is their first scum game and not knowing how to deal with it after doing bad as town. So are in full anti spew early, but that seems like a bit of a risk to punt on. Like said though if they don't want to play I'm not going to sit here and let them bring town down by being a distraction every day.

In the spirit of honesty I'm really not trying as hard as in this as I should be, not sure why but just not feeling it atm. This could be potential burnout from so many games at once and that team mafia game. I'm honestly shocked the only person who has made a slight push on me off this is Boom and that freaks me out a bit the town reads I got for doing nothing.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think you may be scum for this heavy focus on mechs to try and enter in a decent way. In reality though these scum reads for this never come true and you may just be the mech type player. Plans like this though when in the open so much help scum more then town though
Nah, screw that, I'm going for Jack.

Vote: Jackrito

I'm going to quote two things here:
##Laserguy

For now this emote only responses are going to get old real fast.

I need to read this game properly though which I will do tomorrow.

I'm not sure if Laser is really scum since doing something that annoying is a fast track way to rub people the wrong way, which scum would try to avoid. I don't see why a town does it either though so best to pressure this slot.
This is the first post Jack made as scum in Oasis. Laserguy was his partner.

@Ranmaru Sorry for hopping in a bit late! I appreciate you making this thread, though! I actually think it should be pinned since it's a general thread that can always be posted in, that will always have value. That's why you should pin a thread, right? So I'm pinning it!

Here's what pinged me about Jack's post here. I'm not sure if you're referring to this post or the one about Pythag, pretty sure this one since I talked about this one more.

But he votes Laser, OK that's not wrong. It's RVS, early D1. But he says "not sure if Laser is scum," as scum would avoid rubbing people the wrong way. So Jack must think Laser is town, right? Just off this? But then he says "can't be town either, not sure why town would do it." So why did he vote the slot, if the action has nothing to do with the alignment? Like he's rendered both points he brought up so far, moot. Because it can't be scum, and it can't be town. I also thought it felt a little manufactured for someone's first post in the game because a lot of people do gambits like this D1 so Jack's intolerance here seems out of place when they can reasonably be expected. But I think I digress

So maybe it's a pressure vote, which isn't bad! But he explicitly says "pressuring this slot," which I think always renders pressure votes, moot. Because if you know it's a pressure vote, like if you're the target of the vote, then you're not going to take it seriously, because there's no conviction with the vote.

As a result this post just demonstrated a lack of willingness to solve. Jack has no ambition and doesn't take a specific stance here because he waffles around them all (can't be scum, can't be town). But if he really did think this, it's like, why not take it further? Like what do YOU gain from this besides "not scum not town." He calls no shots here, not even "null." Jack generalized when he could've made a better judgment looking at specific posts Laser made. Some players such as yourself (Ranmaru) were really going to town (no pun intended! ;)) analyzing Laser's posts. How Jack was completely uninvolved with Laser may have been a hint that it was SvS. Because I think a reaction this weak would only come from someone who knows what's up. If Jack was town wouldn't you think he'd react more? Even if more positively (analyzing it) or negatively (voting and saying "going to get annoying real quick" and leaving it at that).

Also I think someone called out Sabrar for not engaging Laser's posting, right? Like whoever did, said it was scummy. IMO Jack did the same thing here but in a less-obvious manner. I think in hindsight Jack was scummier because he acknowledged the gambit, without interacting with it or giving his thoughts. Nothing damning towards Jack's alignment but definitely worthy of a ping imo
Now this is Pokechu explaining why the above post was scummy.

Ok, now look at the post about me again:
I think you may be scum for this heavy focus on mechs to try and enter in a decent way. In reality though these scum reads for this never come true and you may just be the mech type player. Plans like this though when in the open so much help scum more then town though
It's not quite the same (because I am not scum with Jack), but it's a similar thought process. It's focusing on something superficial (mech spec, responding with emojis) coming up with a reason it's scum indicative(helps scum, no reason a town would do it) , and then following up with a reason it could come from town(scum wouldn't try to rub people the wrong way, you may just be a mech type player). The point is that, as Pokechu explained, Jack is rending his own points moot as he says them, because as scum he is painfully aware of the fallacies in his reasoning. I would argue the main difference is that Jack voted Laser while not really calling him scum, and didn't vote me while kind of calling me scum, and that difference is likely due to Laser being his partner in Oasis, and me not being his partner here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I kind of talked myself out of the case while writing it. And I liked Jack's post, specifically the bit about just not feeling the game atm, and am cool with a vote on Laser, so.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Both Laser and Jack are playing the way they are intentionally. They aren't good lynch choices.

Raxxel and Somitomi have a high chance of flipping scum.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Jackrito Jackrito I’ve literally wondered myself why so many people have town read you, and cored you when I’ve not seen a lot to really have a basis of you on. Even at this point I have a null read on you. Literally the vote yoput forward now is essentially meta based.

So imagine my position when a lot of the quoted scumminess here is meta based.

That leaves me in the position of saying my strong town read is DarkPit, and I like FrozenFlame cause it’s calm,cool, collected and pro-town, and other than that I’m trying to piece together connection and behaviors from X amount of games. Tis hard.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Don't have one as of yet.

If I'm thinking on the fly though, I think with this many people I've never played with before, it's best if I try and draw out as much interaction as possible from them to gauge their personalities and playstyles. So, pretty much the standard asking of questions in regards to early reads, reactions to being in certain scenarios, etc.
So what happened to this? If not V/LA, lurking and letting game play out?
Early game interaction only at Xivii. Responds to me waaaaay late about early game call out of Xiivi’s posting.

Chaco

Never Logs In
EVWOP from #276: it’s almost an identical response to me about Xivii as it was to him before I even started posting in the game. Literally zero fluctuation in language or otherwise.
To off to be consistency.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Could you explain how? I didn't get much of substance in those with either leaning lol
It's subtle, but I think it's a reliable scumtell. Basically in the first quote some was arguing against your point, but in the second quote he agreed with it. This lack of consistency is an indicator of opportunism.
I think it def comes off as genuine lack of understanding.
I agree.
idk what I did to earn the PR target so firmly in your mind, very curious to hear why such myopia here
1) Your play is too polished. 2) You're difficult to read.

Top Bottom