• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midna and wolf should be in!

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's not even a good idea, it SHOULD be in.Link could transform into them! Midna's got that giant hand, and the wolf can bite-grab combos and do tail spins.

ElementSun

Smash Cadet
replace Toon Link please <.<

But the thing is, Midna has only been in one Zelda series, whereas the other Zelda representative have been there for a much longer time.

But I still wish Midna was in, even if she was only an assist trophy =(

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
They arn't. Get used to it, sorry.

And personally, I don't feel Midna or Wolf Link would be a good character regaurdless of moveset because they have only been in one game. Not very representitive of the series if you ask me.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
It's not even a good idea, it SHOULD be in.Link could transform into them! Midna's got that giant hand, and the wolf can bite-grab combos and do tail spins.
yeah your completely right, how about we delay the game until summer 08, thatll be a ton of fun, just so i can play as wolf link and lick my hairy wolf crotch????
(note the evil sarcasm)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Neither Midna/ Wolf Link OR Toon Link should have been in...

...SKull Kid on the other hand

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
...SKull Kid on the other hand
...would have been an even stupider choice.

Midna may have only been in one game, but she garnered a decent fanbase. She was probably the most in-depth character that Link ever had for a sidekick, and there were times in TP where she was a more prominent main character than Link ever was in the entire Zelda series. Personally, I think she'd've been good as a playable character on her own, she also would've better "completed" the circle of the LoZ-based characters than Toon Link does. Given that the other Zelda chars were given the TP model, putting in a new character that was actually from that game kinda makes the whole idea come full circle. In that sense, Toon Link is, choicewise, tacky (that word can't be stressed enough for him, really).

I enjoyed playing WW, and Toon Link seems like a great-playing character, probably better than Midna would've been if she were in Brawl, but that's far beside my point. Midna would've been like my answer to Gimpy's Meta Knight who, if brought into the next SSB game, I would main without choice regardless of tier placement or playability (he DOES main Bowser in Melee after all). Of course, there are at least two other characters that I would apply the same logic to (thus, I'd probably replace two of my mains shown in my sig, but it wouldn't be Link or Meta Knight), and at least one of them would've counted as a third party character (unless a character from a Ubisoft game that was only on a Nintendo console counts as a third party).

lonesoldier

Smash Cadet
midna would have been a cool assist trophy. She could do that energy thing around the user and everybody in it would be slowed to almost a stop. Good idea no? or that big spear hand she uses to kill zant would be cool? BUT shes not in so poop in your faces ppl. I like toon link by the way.

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
wouldn't make sense. Adult Link and another character for wolf Link? but if u could transform by tapping up and down taunts like with samus that would be awesome.

ADHD

Smash Hero
No, that's what I meant. You could tap the control pad to transform with adult link. Everything just fits, so disappointing sakurai didn't think of this sooner! and are you kidding? All those midna fans? Midna has struck so many people through just ONE game!

taki

Smash Rookie
i agree about wolf link ...it can change like samus ..but about midna ...i like her but i didn't want her in SSBB - -
i don't know why i feel like that = ="

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Um, no. Let me tell you somehting about Falcon Punch: It pwns.

Now let me tell you something about Midna's magic and Wolf scratches: Not quite as good.

Point: Minda and Wolf Link do not Pwn enough.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Um, no. Let me tell you somehting about Falcon Punch: It pwns.

Now let me tell you something about Midna's magic and Wolf scratches: Not quite as good.

Point: Minda and Wolf Link do not Pwn enough.

There's not one thing AS pwn as Falcon Punch. Let it sit on its Pwn Throne. Here's a fact about Midna's Magic: At full power, she was able to take the form of a massive Arachnid-like beast, which, as a final smash would be a transformation that would shove the term "Pwnage" up Giga Bowser's ***.

Wolf Link, I don't care much for.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
There's not one thing AS pwn as Falcon Punch. Let it sit on its Pwn Throne. Here's a fact about Midna's Magic: At full power, she was able to take the form of a massive Arachnid-like beast, which, as a final smash would be a transformation that would shove the term "Pwnage" up Giga Bowser's ***.

Wolf Link, I don't care much for.
Still, C.Falcon took out a sector of the GALAXY with Falcon Punch.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
That was actually reactor or something exploding IIRC.
What C. Falcon actually did was knock Black Shadow into the explosion in order to destroy him, sacrificing himself in the process.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
...would have been an even stupider choice.

Midna may have only been in one game, but she garnered a decent fanbase. She was probably the most in-depth character that Link ever had for a sidekick, and there were times in TP where she was a more prominent main character than Link ever was in the entire Zelda series. Personally, I think she'd've been good as a playable character on her own, she also would've better &quot;completed&quot; the circle of the LoZ-based characters than Toon Link does. Given that the other Zelda chars were given the TP model, putting in a new character that was actually from that game kinda makes the whole idea come full circle. In that sense, Toon Link is, choicewise, tacky (that word can't be stressed enough for him, really).

I enjoyed playing WW, and Toon Link seems like a great-playing character, probably better than Midna would've been if she were in Brawl, but that's far beside my point. Midna would've been like my answer to Gimpy's Meta Knight who, if brought into the next SSB game, I would main without choice regardless of tier placement or playability (he DOES main Bowser in Melee after all). Of course, there are at least two other characters that I would apply the same logic to (thus, I'd probably replace two of my mains shown in my sig, but it wouldn't be Link or Meta Knight), and at least one of them would've counted as a third party character (unless a character from a Ubisoft game that was only on a Nintendo console counts as a third party).
no, NO 1 time character should EVER take priority over a more canon or a recurring character! Over time people would hate if midna was in the same way that they hate that sheik is in it, because in the entire arc of the series, they are unimportant characters (midna, atleast was very important in 1 game, sheik was never important in her game at all...) Toon link is a much better choice because there have been several games which he has appeared in and will continue to do so in games that follow the WW story arc.

ADHD

Smash Hero
no, NO 1 time character should EVER take priority over a more canon or a recurring character! Over time people would hate if midna was in the same way that they hate that sheik is in it, because in the entire arc of the series, they are unimportant characters (midna, atleast was very important in 1 game, sheik was never important in her game at all...) Toon link is a much better choice because there have been several games which he has appeared in and will continue to do so in games that follow the WW story arc.
But toon link isn't a "REAL" character, he's just some little random person that they threw in small games, it doens't even tell you who he is, he's just there. Id rather have it called wind waker link because it makes alot more sense, plus toon link just sounds gay

Top Bottom