• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of ohia IV 11/01/08 YUS!

Smocane

Smash Cadet
draft crews?
basically its like when you played soccer in school or w/e.

Pick captains, everyone lines up and then the captains go through and pick their crew.

We'll take those crews and stick em in a bracket to face each other, then eventually we'll have the winner.

For captains, im guessing we'll take like top 4 in singles or however many captains we need, and make them be leaders if they want

aquteen

Smash Ace
just a warning guys, If I'm a captain i might make my whole crew go doc
that would be a sick team

and I kinda agree if it's draft it shouldn't cost anything but if people wanted it could be $1

assuming we had crews of 5 and about 30 people showed that would be 6 crews so we could do something like

captains would be singles placers 1-6 (if they wanted to)

6th place captain would choose first
5th place captain would choose second
4th place captain would choose third
and so on...

I'm just giving an example I have no idea how many people will show or what is a good number of people per crew i'm just giving a general idea of how it could go down.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
If we have some time left over we should do regular crews, if there are enough there. I know us KY guys will be there. Although if draft crews lasts as long as it did at the last one we won't have time.

Name matches! Lol!
Sean would have to travel the country to get the rights to his tag. Lol. There are so many FEARs.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i may or may not break out my fox for crews

4$ im gonna fox ditto u baby i hope u been practicing

when i learn to cg it wil be gg

Smocane

Smash Cadet
BTW!

People should bring setups! I know last time people were kinda bummed out because we didn't have TV's to go play MMs and friendlies on. We can waive the venue fee if you bring a setup (TV + GC), and if you can't bring a full setup, go ahead and bring a GC and melee. We had like 5 TV's that weren't even being used last time.

And, we kinda went over the problem with crews earlier, 2-tone. Problem with doing it at a tourney like this is we'll end up having a team of like, 4%, Drephen, Big R, Swift etc... So, people would see that and decide it isn't worth entering.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a setup regardless...chances are, without a tv, but maybe.

If anybody from the columbus area want to have a few fests beforehand, gimme a msg and I could prolly host one or two on a couple weekends.

Big_R

Smash Champion
dude im goin all fox at this **** i hope u *****es r ready

note*bigr's falco is noted to have random fits of sexiness so this is subject to change

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I mean, I don't really want anyone to go out of their way, but there's got to be someone coming through/near canton to get there... right? + gas monies.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Dippn, I'm in Canton. You're twice as close to the venue itself as you are to me. I'm in the opposite direction. Picking me up would make the trip 5 times longer...

If anyone is coming from Youngstown, that would be great as I'm pretty much directly in between there and Columbus and it wouldn't be out of your way much at all. And of course if you're actually coming from Canton. If you're not too far I could probably drive to you (like from canton or akron-ish distances) Cleveland might work if someone is awesome enough to not mind driving a tad extra, maybe getting some gas money for it...

Big_R

Smash Champion
i was asking girls and idk they were like saying pry not. it turns out im naturally super handsome so i have that to deal with...

this one emo girl said she lieks her men feminine and said i should get a monroe roflzzz

other dudes are like do it. they figure i may as well and some ppl say they have wnated one

im busy for a while but if i do decide to do it i may break it out b4 this tourny. i wonder if its a good idea to do it then if i dont like it take it out right away
lol

aquteen

Smash Ace
so good news is that this is in november the venue will be nice and cool (hopefully)

for all of you remember how it was last time it sucked

so i guess we probably don't need fans

DippnDots

Feral Youth
BIGR! I've devised a COMPLETELY LOGICAL AND RANDOM METHOD to figure out whether or not you should get your piercing...

Come oooon, you might as well do it, what are ya, a wussypants?

Top Bottom