• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid-South Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN) - Updated: 6/20

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I haved wanted this spot for a long time. Smash at iori's house if anyone is interested you have to go to i40 and take covengton pike to oak meadow on the right

if you live out by the tourney head east if you live out in the german town area its west this is all the direction you need i promise if you need my cell pm me or ask the blood line members or freinds

ps zane thanks for the sig info i drop my sig info in there now i am just waiting.

Nite

Smash Champion
Iori- Me and Myz wanted to team. That's why I didn't team with you. You can't complain though. I know it was fun teaming with Jesus.

Who won that anyway? Me and Myz would've taken it if I didn't have to leave. Hahaha! Trash talk sons.

I wish I had a cool icon so I could talk trash about me taking my spot back. lol

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
The reason i asked was that in a previous tread you said you were down for teaming but you changed that is all no big deal me and zane do make a good team too bad he's best high teir is bowser i think, i was the only charcter he wanted to play

ps the power of darkness compells you :093: hahahaha

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Who won that anyway? Me and Myz would've taken it if I didn't have to leave. Hahaha! Trash talk sons.
Dont be too sure. ::turns and appologizes to Chad:: Sorry we had to leave man. Next time though. ^____^

I only dropped a spot on the list, but I am pretty dissappointed with myself. I expect to move up on the next list though.

@Run7: We have to keep playing like we are now. Playing Nite all last week really helped me improve my other characters. We have to stay on the ball for INNV

RAM

Smash Lord
How about a Open Invitation Match Don't mean squat to the rankings cause I'm not in the region just friendlies of me and the Top 20, Starting at 20 and if I win I would challenge 19 and so on until I lose just something to entertain myself and a way to have a Friendly with just about everyone in the Region. ME IS SO SMART HAW ha ha.
*Ahem* congrats goes out to Iori for claiming the HeavyWeight title, as for Nite I'm sure that you'll attempt to become a 2 time heavyweight Champion soon enough ;)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
btw i still need to finish my ranking match with lance im up one on ya ;)
i also need to battle Myztek, Sarge, and Ace.

btw if u want lance we can make it for $ so u will be more interested lol

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I realize that it's only one event, but I'd like to think I made a good impression at Falconpunchion. I plan to go to Inn V and biweeklies until then, so I want to get some Ranking Matches in with anyone who's willing.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Oh you know it's true, and it's what makes you you. It wasn't an insult really =/

Ps. I need to talk to you about when we're leaving for SMYM

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
EDITED: BLARG!1

just to note, i think LA should be considered to join these "mid-south" power rankings. Not particularly saying i think a bunch of our players need to be slapped on, but i think considering Lee, myself, and Juju made it to the final 32-man bracket on INN5(w/ me getting round 16th and Lee getting 'round 8th(?) that at least says something about our skill =)

I know in particular, Lee beat ViperBoy and MikeFalco in his pools, as well as taking ChozenOne's money 3x and Plank's money once(while losing two 1-stock:high damage-close matches to him in the brackets)
i wasn't around him entirely, so i'm sure i'm missing other good victories as well.
and as far as other tourney credentials go, Lee got 33rd out of 200 at FC6, in his 3rd pool- and a single stock away from entering the final 32-man bracket.

In pools i beat TheSabreGuy and Keta(i think it was him...), and in friendlies i played 1 or 2 w/ iori that i won, and got 1 stocked by forward and shiz(although i realize friendlies aren't important really)
In the brackets, I got 1 stocked(high damage) twice against chad, first round i missed the finishing edgeguard and got punished for it =), and 2nd fight i blame glitch-falling through corneria at a fresh stock as enough logical reason why i still barely-lost. Then in the loser's bracket, i beat some guy(i forget who), and then defeated by smeesh in a very good fight.

Indeed this is just one tournament, but at least RoundRobin gives you a better impression on how people stand consistency-wise than the half luck of simple double-elimination.
Anyway...you do have a good point about LA being distant from the grouped mass of AR-TN-MS-AL, which is why i'm sure FL isn't counted as well....so in regards to that, it deffinately makes sense, but i guess i'm just tired of LA being a blip on the radar, cuz i know we stand among the best around the mid south.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
No doubt, some of you LA guys are pretty good and could probably make the list.

But (i forget who) "someone" said "LA just doesn't travel to many tournaments", which makes it very hard to see how good you guys are on a "consistant" basis to rank.

Also, this thread was mostly made for AR, TN, MS, AL only because of how close the 4 states are (in reference to bonds, how often we see each other at tournies, etc.)

If you guys want to start traveling a bit more, getting out there, I can talk to the panel about possibly extending the list to include you guys.

Regardless, good stuff at INN. It was a pleasure to finally meet you guys :)

Nite

Smash Champion
Cyphus - It would be cool to have you guys included in our rankings, but it just depends on how much we see of you guys. You live a little farther away than the other states, so it is harder to group you in. You guys could definitely earn a good spot on the list though.

I was in the same pool as Lee and I got first seed. He is definitely good. I beat him 2-1. We played a lot of friendlies too, so I got to see a lot of what he is capable of. I didn't play Cyphus at all, but I've heard good things of him and that Doc of his. I didn't play JohnWu either, but he looked **** good from what I saw.

All in all, I'm sure if some of the states can play with LA semi-regularly, then we can definitely include you guys.

Top Bottom