• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mickey Mouse Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Believe it or not there's a lot of people who want to see this version of Mickey and I can see why, that game is awesome but I hope Sakurai thinks about putting him in, he's my most wanted-- no no scratch that, my ONLY wanted cartoon character! I guess in the Epic Mickey series he's technically a video game character

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you want to make a thread for a character, you need to add A LOT more information about the character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Believe it or not there's a lot of people who want to see this version of Mickey and I can see why, that game is awesome but I hope Sakurai thinks about putting him in, he's my most wanted-- no no scratch that, my ONLY wanted cartoon character! I guess in the Epic Mickey series he's technically a video game character
still not a video game character, he originates from cartoons not videogames, so there. and Sakurai said that a character must originate from a video game. appearence in Epic Mickey or not, he's still not eligible for inclusion in Smash, unless Sakurai changes his mind, but that's unlikely.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Altight come on where are the decent OP's?
I want movesets i want descriptions i want a link to the wiki, and i DONT want anymore of these crappy OP's i mean Mickey isnt that bad of an idea. But this support is BALLS.

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mickey is not gonna happen. He doesn't meet all the conditions necessary for inclusion in Smash Bros.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
You mean besides his family friendly image, massive amount of titles on nintendo consoles, long history with the nintendo company, and being more well known than Mario himself isn't enough?
Actually I don't support him either I'm going back to the Popeye thread.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You mean besides his family friendly image, massive amount of titles on nintendo consoles, long history with the nintendo company, and being more well known than Mario himself isn't enough?
Actually I don't support him either I'm going back to the Popeye thread.
still not a videogame character. still doesn't meet the conditions necessary for inclusion. so, it's not gonna happen, independently of whatever history he has. Sakurai was clear.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And by saying his odds are pretty much non-existent, we mean completely non-existent. ;)

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
This thread WAS a joke thread but became an official impossible character thread,of course anyone can be serious about a character like Mickey,but he must know his character can be impossible,wich he is,since he is 4th party.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can we just merge this with the "Impossible" thread already?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Are you ready for the Epicness that is Mickey Mouse

Disney has been a major supporter for Nintendo recently as both the Epic Mickey games are Nintendo-Only games and Kingdom Hearts has been a very popular series for Nintendo.

Mickey's iconic nature is undeniable to the series, although granted he was not originally a video game character.

Mickey could have numerous moves from throughout his series including the use of a paintbrush as in Epic Mickey.

The Final Smash could be Mickey getting the magic wand from Fantasia and created Brooms that march throughout the state and push people off the edge.

I know this is an amazing long shot, but imagine the marketing this would do for the series.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
why do I have this feeling of déjà vu? Mickey has 0% chance to enter in a SSB game.

Sakurai said the characters must originate from videoogames, and that doesn't seem to be the case here, right?

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
why do I have this feeling of déjà vu?
Because we've had hundreds of these threads before when the hype for brawl was stirring as well as melee

Sakurai said the characters must originate from videoogames, and that doesn't seem to be the case here, right?
Correct, Mickey is a fourth party. Which was strictly against the rule of posting threads in this sub-section of the forum

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After some various discussions involving 4th parties, and some guideline adjustments, I've decided to reopen this thread.

Of course, because a second Mickey Mouse thread was made, I've also decided to merge the two threads together.

Edit: The two threads have been merged, and this thread has been reopened.

@hugemariofan: Be sure to improve the primary post for this thread. Just click on "Edit" on your post to make the changes.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wouldn't this thread still be better off being discussed in the "Impossible Characters" thread? I mean wouldn't that mean Naruto and Goku (Dragonball Z) threads would be possible seeing as they have made appearances in games on Nintendo consoles? I suppose if the OPs are detailed enough, then it's fair game, though the same can be said for just about any and all characters that have made an appearance in even one game on a Nintendo console. Just a thought.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wouldn't say he is entirely possible. The guidelines you are using are from Brawl and never were put in for Smash 4.

Also Epic Mickey is a MAJOR franchise for Nintendo with 2 games on the Wii (The second coming out very soon) and two future games planned for Wii U and 3DS.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mario is well known but outside of Mario, Mickey Mouse would be the biggest thing on the game. (I wasn't the one that stated Mickey Mouse is more well known).

I do not believe he should be in Smash 4 but I believe the discussion should at least be there. He would be a very unique character with a definite fan base.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
The guidelines you are using are from Brawl and never were put in for Smash 4.
Its not his guidelines, Its sakurai's. He is using that as a basis and core for the sub forum to avoid getting topics like this. You are not the first, nor will be the last to ask something as absurd as this

If anything, it belongs in the "Impossible Characters" thread. Nothing to be argued about here

Don't get me wrong, I love Mickey and I would love to see him int he roster. But you have to seperate "desires" =/= "Reality"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Search Mario
About 824,000,000 results (0.27 seconds)

Search Mickey Mouse
About 41,900,000 results (0.18 seconds)

...If that means anything for comparison

Edit: Search Super Mario
About 114,000,000 results (0.34 seconds)

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Search Mario
About 824,000,000 results (0.27 seconds)

Search Mickey Mouse
About 41,900,000 results (0.18 seconds)

...If that means anything for comparison

Edit: Search Super Mario
About 114,000,000 results (0.34 seconds)
Oh, how have the mighty fallen :(

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
unless Sakurai changes his mind for this game, these kind of characters will never appear in SSB4.

volbound1700

Smash Master
unless Sakurai changes his mind for this game, these kind of characters will never appear in SSB4.
Nintendo is about money. If they find out that Mickey Mouse in Brawl = $$$. It will happen even over Sakurai's objections. However, it is likely that neither party has thought about this match.

However, you cannot deny that he would have a great and unique moveset and would be an entertaining character in the game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nintendo is about money. If they find out that Mickey Mouse in Brawl = $$$. It will happen even over Sakurai's objections. However, it is likely that neither party has thought about this match.

However, you cannot deny that he would have a great and unique moveset and would be an entertaining character in the game.
nope, I can't deny that, as a matter of fact, all characters have moveset potential, because it's a matter of creativity, like what happened with Captain Falcon and Fox. then again, it's a fact that Mickey's chances are quite low.

volbound1700

Smash Master
nope, I can't deny that, as a matter of fact, all characters have moveset potential, because it's a matter of creativity, like what happened with Captain Falcon and Fox. then again, it's a fact that Mickey's chances are quite low.
I can agree to that. In fact I would be HUGELY surprised if he did make it.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Mickey, Disney, and Nintendo have actually had a decent history together. Back then Nintendo used to published several Mickey Mouse games for the Game Boy and N64. Then you've got the current Epic Mickey games, including one that's exclusive to the DS.

But nevertheless, Mickey's not going to happen because he's a fourth-party cartoon character.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
1. Make Sora a 3rd Party Character
2. Add Mickey and friends as Assist trophys
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!

All joking aside, personally I'd be happy about his inclusion (my personal love of Disney). hahah but it's VERY very VERY impossible.
(Unless Warren Spector contacts Sakurai however....) jk :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This entire subforum is made up of speculation. Everyone, calm down about how unlikely the character might be. As far as I'm concerned, any character who's had a game on a Nintendo system seems plausible. If we got Solid Snake, we can get Mickey Mouse, video-game origins or not. Even if that's not possible, I don't understand why everyone is so negative about the mere idea of it.

Speaking of which, a moveset based on the Magical Adventure games for the SNES would be pretty sweet. Perhaps each special move would do an attack that causes him to change costumes like in the aforementioned games, which in turn would change his A moves and grabs.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If Mickey's in Smash 4, I will become the best Mickey in the world.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I actually wouldn't oppose the Epic Mickey version of Mickey as a character, no matter how insanely low the chances of that happening is.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
this better not happen, I don't want to see smash bros Tainted with Disney

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
this better not happen, I don't want to see smash bros Tainted with Disney
We already got Sonic. The Smash purist in me is cold and jaded.

Besides, at least Mickey is a legitimately cool character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom