• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Summer Smash Series - Livonia, MI (5/10/14)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Original Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-10-2014-michigan-summer-smash-series-brawl-project-m-pokémon-xy-singles-livonia-mi.353725/

Thanks to everyone who came out, this has been the largest local I've hosted in a while with 60+ unique players (44 Project M entrants!) It blew my mind seeing so many new faces for both Brawl and Project M. Michigan's scene is constantly growing both in skill and attendance wise. First things first, I would like to give big thanks to Xatic and Identity Crisis for being huge help with making Project M run smoothly as possible and WuvS/Dakota for recording matches throughout the day (Sad we had internet issues but oh well). I'm potentially looking into a June/July date, but we will see since I'll be on a major hiatus after SKTAR 3 but time will tell.

Brawl Doubles - 4 Teams
1. Ksev/Ori :snake::samus2:/:metaknight::marth:- $40
2. Xatic/Tech_Chase :wario:/:wario::metaknight:
3. Nom/QD :metaknight:/:lucario:
4. Iceman/Gunson :metaknight::zelda:/:kirby2:

Brawl Singles - 16 Entrants
[COLLAPSE="Rankings"]
MSSS - Brawl Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
lain
$48.00
2nd
gio
$24.00
3rd
Nom
$8.00
4th
Ksev
5th
Tech_Chase
5th
Ori
7th
QD
9th
Iceman
9th
Sup
9th
Rog
9th
DRDN
13th
Xatic
13th
Gunson
13th
Grammar Ninja
13th
Melfice
[/COLLAPSE]
1. lain :popo::metaknight: - $50
2. Gio :metaknight: - $20
3. Nom :falco: - $10
4. Ksev :snake:
5. Tech_Chase :dedede::metaknight:
5. Ori :metaknight::marth::olimar:
7. WTP :falco::metaknight::sheik:
7. QD :lucario:
9. Iceman :marth:
9. Rog :metaknight:
9. Sup :wario:
9. DRDN :random:
13. Xatic :random:
13. Grammar Ninja :sheik::pit:
13. Gunson :kirby2:
13. Melfice :random:
Project M Singles - 44 Entrants
[COLLAPSE="Rankings"]
MSSS - Project M Singles (Top 24)
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lordy
$72.00
2nd
lain
$36.00
3rd
Identity Crisis
$12.00
4th
Jono
5th
fZk
5th
Benji
7th
Kzhu
7th
WuvS
9th
nolife
9th
Xatic
9th
Daddy's Kisses
9th
Dre
13th
shwick
13th
Nom
13th
LuigiMasterTae
13th
Thug
17th
Scala
17th
Wiz
17th
Ksev
17th
tbird
17th
Dark Treetz
17th
Tesla Coil
17th
Tech_Chase
17th
Exor
[/COLLAPSE]
1. Lordy :ike: - $110
2. lain :falco: - $50
3. Identity Crisis :zerosuitsamus::fox: - $30
4. Jono :fox::lucas: - $20
5. Benji :dk2::fox: - $5
5. fZk :diddy: - $5
7. Kzhu :peach::fox:
7. WuvS :yoshi2::falcon:
9. Dre
9. Daddy's Kisses
9. Xatic
9. NoLife
13. Nom
13. Shwick
13. LuigiMasterTae
13. Thug
17. DarkTreetz
17. Tbird
17. TeslaCoil
17. Tech_Chase
17. Exor
17. Ksev
17. Wiz
17. Scala

[COLLAPSE="Pools Cutoff"]
4th Seeds
• Napkin
• Dwick
• R-Type
• Dylan
• Paper
• TheBlueStrider
• Guard
• Iceman​
5th Seeds
• Rog
• Gunson
• RottenYogurt
• ChronoRare
• Sorry
• Mr Bottle
• Melfice
• Dia​
6th Seeds
• Farm
• Mkaps​
[/COLLAPSE]​

Project M Doubles - 14 Teams
1. Lordy/Tbird :ike:/:falcon: - $70
2. Kzhu/Jono :peach:/:fox: - $50
3. Benji/fZk :fox:/:diddy: - $20
4. lain/NoLife
5. Xatic/Tech_Chase
5. WuvS/Scala
7. Shwick/Daddy's Kisses
7. Identity Crisis/Nom
9. Chrono Rare/Melfice
9. Butts/Paper
9. Wiz/Tesla
9. Sorry/Guard
13. Napkin/DBP
13. RottenYogurt/Slitheroth

Pokémon XY Singles - 8 Entrants

1. Iceman
2. Dre
3. Ksev
4. WTP
5. Vlasilraptor
5. Gunson
7. Ori​

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
I really bombed it in PM this time. And to be honest, it was really discouraging. Not sure if I'm going to enter the next couple PM events.

Brawl tho.

lain

Smash Master
pimpdaddysupreme THE LEGEND

ksev should just learn the matchup. i will teach you my child.

Last edited:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Hey Ori, slight error because I'm picky lol. I actually went Yoshi/Falcon this tourney. Only went Fox once, which resulted in me getting three stocked and it was in pools (and I don't count pools characters or I'd have legit seven characters up there) lol.

Better post from me later~

lordhelmet

Smash Master
dayum. maybe i shoulda went LOL
:denzel:

I used some Falcon in singles. Used Falco in pools but idk if anyone other than me cares.

Lazy shoutouts:

GGs everyone I played. Special shoutouts to Daddy, Juan, and Lain for exciting matches.
Shoutous to TBird for only landing one randy-ass knee on me when-no-opponent-is-even-remotely-close-to-me all tournament.
Shoutouts to West Michigan and EL for underplaying
Shoutouts to TOs for not letting me enter Brawl when Lain comes an hour later and is magically playing sets

Exor

Smash Cadet
Good **** dudes, this was my first PM tourney and I even made it into bracket. Something came up so I had to forfeit my losers bracket match and bail early which sucked but I wanna drop a thanks for everyone being so welcoming. I learned a lot and I'm looking forward to attending more.

Last edited:

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs to everybody that I friendlied, even though I bombed in tournament I still got some sweet **** off. Shout outs to East MI for making me realize how much I hate Falcons knee of devestation lol. Tbird I have heard nothing but good things about you and you are a really cool guy. Also Benji I wish we could have had more friendlies. Loe1 you suck for not being there I wanted to fight you! Nom I wish you were in a better mood because I really wanted to test my samus against your ivy. Dont get discouraged because thats only gonna make things worse. Learning from your mistakes is apart of getting better. If anything this should make you want to re focus. LMT good samus dittos. There are like 3 of us that I have seen in MI. I learned some things from you and I hope you learned from me. Like I said I use things that you dont and you use what I dont. We had some crazy doubles matches too lol. Also start zairing you dork =p
Shout outs to Ori for hosting. I enjoyed myself and the venue was awesome. I will do better next time. I feel like I played how I wanted to play, with an exception of my first bracket but I lack player experience.

Last edited:

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
had fun here glad i got to come. i was very happy with how i place (just barely missed 3rd in a tournament again....damn....one of these days ill make money off this game) quick shoutouts to lain for being a fun dubs partner and all the people i played in singles and doubles gg guys might do in depth shoutouts if people do it before me so i can just copy and paste their **** with slight changes

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
This was a really fun event thanks for hosting it!

Shout-outs to everyone I played, and I'm glad that I am starting to do slightly better at these tourneys.

I still need to beat Ori ;) GGs man though you always get me.

Question: Can anyone house me over night on Friday for the Fundamental Theorem of Smash this coming weekend? I would like to come to one of these tournaments well rested and not coming from a 3 hour drive after getting 3 hours of sleep. I definitely felt my energy level fall as the day went on.

I might upload my set vs LAIN soon to get some feedback on it since I think I was playing pretty well in it.

Thanks to everyone who gave me helpful tips!

Mtank

Smash Cadet
Thanks everyone for the games. I was thug, played squirtle, and had zero tech skill. But lain and jono bouta train me so it's chill

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The Old School Bias is strong. I agree. It is definitely unfair.
That wasnt even the reason why. I had matches already starting and would have had to recreate the entire bracket to a 32 man bracket with 17 people. It would have been a neusance to deal with.

stewyian

Smash Ace
1. Lordy :ike: - $110 - nice job winning man, i still need to play you in PM
2. lain :falco: - $50 - lol lain
3. Identity Crisis :zerosuitsamus::fox: - $30 - i got second bro
4. Jono :fox::lucas: - $20 - lucas is busted bro idk man
5. Benji :dk2::fox: - $5 dk
5. fZk :diddy: - $5- danky kang
7. Kzhu :peach::fox: - ggs in our set man, i wish i wouldnt have sd'd game 3, was close
7. WuvS :yoshi2::falcon: - hey bby
9. Dre - dood, i swear ill get you next time
9. Daddy's Kisses - still wanna play you mang
9. Xatic - ur a beast
9. NoLife - dood man, why u get 9th? i had u at top 3
13. Nom - wowowowowooww
13. LuigiMasterTae - had fun playing friendlies with you
13. Thug - u aint thugz
17. DarkTreetz - sup
17. Tbird - hi
17. TeslaCoil - lol man our set was hype
17. Tech_Chase - ayyyy
17. Exor - get bodied man
17. Ksev - ur a beast
17. Wiz - close games in friendlies, XD hope to see you again
17. Scala - ayyyyy

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to random **** head screaming like an infant during mine and tech chase doubles match. You really need to stop screaming during bracket matches. Its distracting as ****. And ggs to everyone I faced in bracket and friendlies. This tourney I played like johns poop lol

SoulPech

Smash Master
Shoutouts to random **** head screaming like an infant during mine and tech chase doubles match. You really need to stop screaming during bracket matches. Its distracting as ****.
You need to have JTSM and Pz0 **** talk you while you play. You will throw your controller, the TV, and yourself through a window.

Yes.

Last edited:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Just a little heads up, uploads are starting as I type this. So I will make a seperate video thread for that. But as for my general thoughts of the tourney, I loved it. Felt like SPAU3 to me (which was my favorite tourney) and honestly, this tourney was in my Top 3 favorites. So much fun with so many good and nice people to play. I'm sorry about the internet troubles ._. That really sucked. As for the shoutouts, I'm actually doing some.

1. Lordy :ike: - Fun pools matches. Sorry for being a scrub as always. I'm not really sorry because you wouldn't sign my bewbs.
3. Identity Crisis :zerosuitsamus::fox: - I asked for 5th and you got 3rd. Good job bbyckz. Always fun to see you around~
4. Jono :fox::lucas: - Super fun matches! Good games. I believe you were trying to make me more nervous by saying you were just as nervous haha.
5. Benji :dk2::fox: - White DK is definitely best DK, esepcially on Skyloft. Good games though, I want/need to come to West MI for a P:M tourney.
5. fZk :diddy: - Fun money match. Sorry I super scrubbed it up game one, but honestly, do you expected much out of me?
7. WuvS :yoshi2::falcon: - For quitting Smash a bit ago, you're pretty ok. I'm proud, son.
9. Daddy's Kisses - GGs in bracket. Super nice Mewtwo, I guess it's mostly the teleporting shenanigans that really hinder you since easy to predict. Though, you did beat my ass in the MM lol. Otherwise, super solid Mewtwo.
9. Xatic - We need to go to more tourneys because we're ******** LOL
13. Nom - Man, come out. Don't let me outplace you. You are so much better then this.
13. Schwick - Ganon is too scary, seriously. Though, I noticed that both you and Daddy's Kisses took me to GHZ and I somehow got off incredibly. I think you're helping me find a new CP haha. Good games, super fun Ganon to face :3
13. LuigiMasterTae - You have the most chill Luigi I have ever faced, that was crazy lol. GGs :3
13. Thug - See you 2-0 a lot of people in pools had me scared to play you. You got a good Squirtle, I guess knowing the techs of Squirtle and whatnot helped. GGs though! :3
17. Tbird - Seems like you had a tough bracket for you be this far down D: Sorry to hear that QQ
17. Tech_Chase - Ghey
17. Ksev - The bracket link lies, it was 2-1, not 2-0. Feel like I should point that out lol. I finally beat you after like two years roflll. Good games, stop making me panic xD
17. Scala - BUDDY <333 It was great teaming with you! Hope to team with you in the future, people complimented me on us afterwords.

[COLLAPSE="Pools Cutoff"]
4th Seeds
• Napkin - Sorry for ...uh... well, you not making it out of pools ._.; The second game you SD'd and I felt bad so I kind of just "dropped" that game and then made the pool messy, sorry. We did have a stacked pool, however.
• Dylan - GGs before the tourney. Super fun friendlies
- Paper - MY FAVORITE MARIO :3 Hope to see you out to more tourneys!​
5th Seeds
• Rog - The most hype pools matches LOL GGs :3​
6th Seeds
• Farm - GGs in pools :3​
[/COLLAPSE]​

Project M Doubles - 14 Teams
3. Benji/fZk :fox:/:diddy: - Super fun matches! Next time Scala and I will be in shape =P
5. WuvS/Scala - \ o /
7. Identity Crisis/Nom - Double Ganon sucks <3
9. Wiz/Tesla - GGs. I heard Tesla was a good Toon Lunk, so I just went after him a lot. Sorry D:

Special Shoutouts:

• Ori for running a pretty mediocre tourney and paying me. <3
  • Xatic for helping me be dumb and getting my Fox three stocked. Lol
  • Iceman for syrup >_>
  • Drunk bitties for trying to give me a quickie in the bathroom at BDubs.
  • Twitch for sending to their Singapore servers.
  • Scala for teaming.
  • KZhu for remembering I beat Abu years ago in a Puff ditto and that I was that Yoshi guy. Lol.
  • Me not being a Herny Chrippy.
  • Ducky for ice cream
  • Being a leech.

Love you guys (sometimes.) Can't wait for the next tourney I go to :drohyou:

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Don't listen to Ori, he added me(the 16th person) after singles matches were called and running, at the least he should have told you to ask me if I'd drop out for you which I very easily would have and we both would have left with more money that day

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Well, now I can't tell you since you have to know c;

Video thread coming later today (though there are videos up, I want more up lol.)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Don't take any of my callouts on the boards seriously. It's ok to laugh, people. I didn't really care for Brawl singles. I did want to enter doubles but our car was too late ;(

Hype for videos. I can't wait to see how my 3rd stock ended in the final game of doubles.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Don't take any of my callouts on the boards seriously. It's ok to laugh, people. I didn't really care for Brawl singles. I did want to enter doubles but our car was too late ;(

Hype for videos. I can't wait to see how my 3rd stock ended in the final game of doubles.
I know to never take you seriously lol, but certain individuals though

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
smash was fun always pleasure seeing my boy nom nom awesome ganon dittos bro treetz always good seeing you ori bro your super funnylol xatic I'm going to Roy ditto you and stomp your face lol but i like your Roy play like mine in melee lol wiz nice meeting you I really dont play samus that much my bro skigh does in melee tho but yeah awesome double friendlies we had and big shout out to fzk my brother from another given that monkey his spot light and wuvs you and that yoshi make me proud lol and also ggs to those that money matched my ness I only lost a dollar out of the 5 dollars money matched had alotof fun and oh good stuff to Tesla for our 50cent money match lol to fun man

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Super lazy video thread (because slightly sick/busy doing things/Tumblr)

Brawl Dubs (Round Robin):

Iceman/Gunson vs Xatic/Tech
Ori/KSev vs Nom/QD
Ori/KSev vs Iceman/Gunson
Nom/QD vs Iceman/Gunson
Nom/QD vs Xatic/Tech
Xatic/Tech vs Ori/KSev

Brawl Singles (Top 3): - Later, possibly.

Winners Finals:

Lain vs Gio

P:M Singles:

Pools:

Lordy vs (Thug) (WuvS)
WuvS vs Napkin - Do note that Xatic told me to go Fox, thinking it was good. He also took a $1 bribe from Napkin to not help me with stage choices. GG friendship.
fZk vs Dark Treetz
Xatic vs Dre
TBird vs KSev

Singles:

R1:

WuvS vs Shwick
Identity Crisis vs Thug
Xatic vs Luigi Master Tae

Winners R1:

WuvS vs Benji
Lain vs NoLife

Losers R1:

NoLife vs Scala

Winners R2:

fZk vs Jono

Losers R2:

WuvS vs Luigi Master Tae
Thug vs NoLife

Winners R3:

Idenetity Crisis vs Lain

Winners Semis:

Lordy vs fZk
Lain vs Benji

Winners Finals:

Lordy vs Lain

P:M Doubles (a completely mess..... lol): - Later, possibly.

A little side note: I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on my Yoshi (both at the tourney and online) and it makes me want to actually come back into the scene (because I've actually been "out" since October, only entering if I have a cool doubles partner or free entry, otherwise I'll just sit back and stream.) So if people actually read this, thoughts on my Yoshi and if I should try to improve or just keep doing what I do would be much appreciated! Thank youuu~

Also, this set kind of blew up and Tumblr made gifs.

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Does it take some time for the ranking points to be updated?

Thnx for uploading Wuvs. If you could upload GFs for singles and doubles, I would be a very happy man.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Super lazy video thread (because slightly sick/busy doing things/Tumblr)

Brawl Dubs (Round Robin):

Iceman/Gunson vs Xatic/Tech
Ori/KSev vs Nom/QD
Ori/KSev vs Iceman/Gunson
Nom/QD vs Iceman/Gunson
Nom/QD vs Xatic/Tech
Xatic/Tech vs Ori/KSev

Brawl Singles (Top 3): - Later, possibly.

Winners Finals:

Lain vs Gio

P:M Singles:

Pools:

Lordy vs (Thug) (WuvS)
WuvS vs Napkin - Do note that Xatic told me to go Fox, thinking it was good. He also took a $1 bribe from Napkin to not help me with stage choices. GG friendship.
fZk vs Dark Treetz
Xatic vs Dre
TBird vs KSev

Singles:

R1:

WuvS vs Shwick
Identity Crisis vs Thug
Xatic vs Luigi Master Tae

Winners R1:

WuvS vs Benji
Lain vs NoLife

Losers R1:

NoLife vs Scala

Winners R2:

fZk vs Jono

Losers R2:

WuvS vs Luigi Master Tae
Thug vs NoLife

Winners R3:

Idenetity Crisis vs Lain

Winners Semis:

Lordy vs fZk
Lain vs Benji

Winners Finals:

Lordy vs Lain

P:M Doubles (a completely mess..... lol): - Later, possibly.

A little side note: I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on my Yoshi (both at the tourney and online) and it makes me want to actually come back into the scene (because I've actually been "out" since October, only entering if I have a cool doubles partner or free entry, otherwise I'll just sit back and stream.) So if people actually read this, thoughts on my Yoshi and if I should try to improve or just keep doing what I do would be much appreciated! Thank youuu~

Also, this set kind of blew up and Tumblr made gifs.

:( how come it blew up? Lol. Because we both went vaxk kn forth on combos lol

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Awwww why you gotta do that to my boy? Honesty mike you did get destroyed but it was lack of an awesome yoshi MU knowledge. Wuvs I definately want to fight your yoshi next time around. I tried to play yoshi back in melee but I would just kill myself all the time lol

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
I mean I didn't get destroyed if you watch it. Just got 2 stocked on my 2nd match. I kept bringing it back. Destroyed would be 2 stocked and 4 stocked every match lmao. First game came down to the wire. Anyways he was saying that because of the views on that video (if I'm correct)

Top Bottom