• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Masters 2013 - June 1, 2013 - Livonia, MI - June 1st, 2013 - Livonia, MI

JTsm

Smash Master
Yo Oblivion, I got yo back with a TV, son.

Get refunded..... *****.

:denzel: <3

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
DRDN if that is true, Aaron never told me what time the place closed, depending on what time Brawl Doubles is over and we are prepping for Brawl Singles I may just run A Brawl singles bracket and no pools to save on time. Who knows, I 'll see this more as the tourney day happens.

Also, I'm bringing 2-3 TVs, a Brawl setup, and le bag o powerstrips.

We need more setups people! Every Wii and TV counts regardless of the TV size!

W.C.N

Smash Lord
==== DATE =====

June 1st, 2013
10:00am - 10:00pm (tentative)
^from the FB page but every Ranbat Jims rushing to kick us out asap because its around 10 and schoolcraft is kinda strict

Ill have my 2 TV's if needed and 1 wii thats for brawl only

SoulPech

Smash Master
It's been 6 Years since I've recovered from a horrible gambling addiction, but I think Smash (just being around the temptation) and just growing up has given me more self-control. Not to mention, I paid off my gambling debt.

This is the FIRST time I'll be accepting money matches in either Brawl or P:M.

zyth

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a wii fan? if so could you let me use it at this tomorrow? the wii i can bring is prone to overheating

Countblanc

Smash Rookie
This'll be my first Smash event in over 10 years, I'm excited. My roommate and I will be entering P:M singles (and doubles if that ends up happening). I'll be bringing a Wii and TV, but the TV is ****ty and lags so hopefully someone will have a better one to hook it up to. Is there a real reason to arrive super early if our first event is P:M singles?

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Yo Ori, if I could borrow one of your TVs, I'll bring my setup for Melee/P:M.

....Venue gets refunded, right ;~;?

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
What'll be the cutoff times for registration of each event? I mean obviously before each event starts, but I imagine you'll need time to set up pools or bracket or w/e and just wanted to make sure I'd be there in time.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yo Ori, if I could borrow one of your TVs, I'll bring my setup for Melee/P:M.

....Venue gets refunded, right ;~;?
Sure

What'll be the cutoff times for registration of each event? I mean obviously before each event starts, but I imagine you'll need time to set up pools or bracket or w/e and just wanted to make sure I'd be there in time.

20 minutes prior.

JTsm

Smash Master
hmmm I guess I won't be bringing an extra TV since Ori/SP are doing some heavy lifting.

:denzel:

Daschmied

Smash Rookie
I have a question. I just saw this today and just signed up today because I saw this. Can I attend? I literally live about 10 minutes from this. Also, I've never been able to make one of these yet, so I really want to come. Is it too late to say I'm going to come?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
probably not too late to come, daschmied.

this isn't a regional or bigger, so you could probably just walk in the door and sign up tomorrow morning

Daschmied

Smash Rookie
Thank you for your help Juushichi and JTsm. Hopefully I can meet you guys tomorrow or something. Probably not. I don't know. Either way, thanks for your help.

Kee

Smash Rookie
I should be able to bring a full setup for brawl tomorrow. Also, Bulletsquall isn't coming so i need a partner for doubles. I have a rusty mid level olimar and a metaknight that needs quite a bit of work. Anyone interested?

Daschmied

Smash Rookie
I might be. I have a terrible everything. Except maybe toon link. He's just mostly bad. To be completely honest, I don't know because I don't know how good everyone here is.

Kee

Smash Rookie
You can probably expect some mid to high level players here. Michigan was probably the strongest state in the Midwest region last time I played so there will be some strong competition. Since this is your first tournament don't worry about how well you do and just have fun, meet new people and have as many friendly matches as you can. With that being said, I will team with you if you want. You just have to let me know if you can as soon as possible.

Daschmied

Smash Rookie
You can probably expect some mid to high level players here. Michigan was probably the strongest state in the Midwest region last time I played so there will be some strong competition. Since this is your first tournament don't worry about how well you do and just have fun, meet new people and have as many friendly matches as you can. With that being said, I will team with you if you want. You just have to let me know if you can as soon as possible.
Yea I should be good to team with you. Unless I die or someone close to me dies or two of my cars break, I will be there tomorrow about 10 or so. I'll have my money and stuff.

Kee

Smash Rookie
Yea I should be good to team with you. Unless I die or someone close to me dies or two of my cars break, I will be there tomorrow about 10 or so. I'll have my money and stuff.
Cool sounds good. I will try to get there as early as possible. I am the tall guy with brown hair and blue eyes that will probably be wearing a black shirt with black pants and shoes. See you then hopefully.

Daschmied

Smash Rookie
K. Im the geeky kid that doesn't know what's happening. Also, a general question. I don't know the rules very well, so is it okay if i print off a copy of them or something that i can carry around? Also i want to do melee singles and that was the main reason i was going to go. Is it okay for me to do both things?

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
K. Im the geeky kid that doesn't know what's happening. Also, a general question. I don't know the rules very well, so is it okay if i print off a copy of them or something that i can carry around?
That'll be fine yes. It's my first big tourney too but I've been playing online and doing locals for the past year or so. Everybody here is always very helpful, they like to troll around but when you're being legitimate so will they. Don't have to be around long to be able to tell :) Oh! I almost forgot, is there going to be a stream tomorrow?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Yeah, with how my job's gonna be, I likely won't be able to attend any tourneys for a while, unless they were on an odd day like Sunday or something.

I wish all the OH players that are going to this the best of luck in Brawl AND P:M!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If there are any questions on Procedures and rules, feel free to ask me, the TO, or one of the many experienced players in attendance. We are more than happy to help answer any and all tournament related questions.

Couple Reminders People,

1. PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE ($5's and $10's). If you don't have these I will ask you to go break them somehow. I will not have enough $5's to break anything.
2. Please bring Setups, even half setups. Every bit helps. (BE SURE TO MARK YOUR STUFF I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST ITEMS)
3. Power Strips! I have like 5 I'm bringing but the more the better and smoother this will happen.
4. My Phone Number - It's in the OP - Call/Text me with your Tags if you have questions, want to register early, and anything Tourney related I will have my phone on me.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
So many new posters eeeeeeeeeee

If anyone needs a last minute Brawl partner, hit me up at the venue. I can guarantee I'll have my Doctor Who shirt on lol. I don't have much dubs experience but I can still enter with anyone if they need one. (I play Wolf, G&W, and MK).

Top Bottom