• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Ball Z 2 April 17 Waterford, MI

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm going to do my best to make it to this. All my bills should be paid and I'll be getting another paycheck around this time. But here's the story of my current money problem:

I got a $50 parking ticket last Friday for having an outdated parking pass at my college, and I'll have to pay $100 to get a new one, which is only good for the month we have left. I've avoided getting a ticket for 3 months now, as my pass apparently expired at the beginning of this semester. So for the next month until May 6th, I basically have to "hide" to avoid getting another ticket and avoid paying for a bs $100 pass. I have to do this by parking in the neighborhood across from campus (which is legal) or hide in a corner of a parking lot on campus facing the street. (The passes from this semester and last semester are exactly the same, but they have to go to the front of the car and closely examine my pass to see if it's expired.) Yeah, I'm taking some risks, but if I get caught again, I'll pay the $100. If I don't...then mission accomplished. :p

But yeah...my tournament attendance up until May 6th is up in the air. This summer I'm looking to go to more tourneys in MI and OoS.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Just noticed the OP -- why aren't we using the Pound 4 stagelist for Melee? Every other region in the country has seamlessly transitioned to Pound 4 rules except the Midwest, which gives everyone even more of a reason to laugh at us. The old ruleset with the 6 neutrals is horribly outdated, and the fact that you random the first stage brings an unnecessary degree of luck into any given set. Make sure to change up those rules.
I'm up for switching the rules. Lemme grab them quick and I'll IM Boxxy about it.

Xatic

Smash Lord
New Melee rules to be edited later. I would do it right now but... yeah you know.

I'll just put them here as a reminder.

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

Pokemon Stadium: This stage is no longer a neutral for singles. The transformations in and of themselves would often result in entirely banned stages due to walls and such. Because the stage changes however, the stage is not banned, but I do not feel is neutral. However, in teams if a player is stuck in an infinite his teammate has the opportunity to help, which is why it is indeed neutral in teams (and to make a 5th stage since fountain isn't and this is the next best stage). The camera angles on the ledges are funky, and it's widely known space animals run wild on the stage.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Boxxy are we still gonna team if Notra doesnt come to this? If he does show up im gonna team with Arc

alcoady

Smash Ace
I'm down for East MI vs. West MI crew battle if people seriously want to do it.

It's really up to you guys though.

(I'm East)
just sos you know, almost nobody from west MI plays brawl :urg:
so the crew i was thinkin about would be for melee, which you're more that welcome to participate in :chuckle:

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
Lmfao, melee players vs brawl players crew battle. The brawl people play against the melee in melee, keep the stocks left over recorded. Then the brawl vs melee in brawl, and then whoever has most stocks left over wins :D

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
u tilt bump. im still debating if i should enter in Melee singles or just Melee doubles

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
still have room for carpooling, anyone in southern michigan to rocford to flint that needs a ride just pm me, 15$ for gas moneys, free cigarettes

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
Cool? Just saying that there is no one good from the west / no one at all from the west. We could do draft crews like at Flint?

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I just requested the day off, so I will be there...and since CoCo is ditching me again (diiiiick) I need a team mate...

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'll request the day off work, but I'm 50/50 on this one atm. Possible money Johns. (Which should be completely fine this May.)

I'll bring a TV + Cube/Melee if I come.

Top Bottom