• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michael Crichton [1942-2008]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Michael Crichton died yesterday on November 4th, 2008. He was an incredible author and extremely intelligent figure, known and popularized by his novel Jurassic Park.

He wrote The Andromeda Strain, The Great Train Robbery, Timeline, Prey, and other novels, works of non-fiction, was a writer on the soon to be finished television show ER, and gave many interesting and influential speeches including "Aliens Cause Global Warming," which if you are interested in, I can send you the audio.

He was in a quiet battle with cancer.

He had an unreleased novel that was slated for December 2nd of this year.

R.I.P. ._.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
WHAT. No...

I've read his entire selection in both my school and local librarys. This really is a terrible loss.

Rest in peace Michael. I hope to pronounce your last name correctly one day. :(

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
:(

Edwin S Porter actually wrote "the great train robbery" of 1903... the original I mean. Just clearing that up.

sad day though, JP was a good book.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
No! No! No! No!

I loved the movie, but the book was just too amazing. Long live Jurassic Park. =(

R.I.P. Michael.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man... Dayum... : <

R.I.P.

I loved Jurassic Park.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah, poor guy. i went through junior high reading his books. very thrilling for a boy at that age. rest in peace crichton

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
EDIT: Holy ****, I never realized that Michael Crichton did West World. I take back everything I said about him, that's epic stuff right there.

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
Uh... not too smart to say, hemightbegiant, especially in a topic where everyone is respecting him. Also, I disagree...

Michael Crichton was an inspiration to me. He shall be missed.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Oh my mom loved this author. I've been looking into him myself. Didn't he write State of Fear? It's a shame he died.:( My favorite author, Robert Jordan, died not too long ago.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
On the way to Missouri with my friend and his mother...I was about 15 and it was the first time I had gone with them to Missouri to visit family, it was the beginning of a tradition that would continue for 4 years, his mother suggested we listen to a book on tape. After deliberation, we decided to try Prey by Michael Crichton. I'll never forget that car ride, nor will I forget the impact it had on me...I still think about listening to Prey, playing our Gameboys, drinking Mountain Dew and eating Reeses Pieces. Next year we listened to State of Fear on tape, and when I had long train rides out of state I read Timeline and Sphere. Also, I never read books, the only person I read was Michael Crichton.

Just sad that he's gone I guess. He left such an impact on me and I'll never forget that car ride, even when I'm 80. I'll always remember that time, and how it makes me feel.

It's really weird how sad I am. I mean, I didn't even know him and I wasn't even a die hard, hardcore fan...I just read his books when I was forced to read or had nothing better to do, and I really enjoyed them. Guess I must have liked him more than I thought.

RIP Michael Crichton, I wish you were still here.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I remember when I was in 8th grade, I horribly sprained my ankle in gym class and had to go to a physical therapist several days a week. The sessions were really boring and my father bought me "The Andromeda Strain" to keep me busy. Everyday, I'd just sit there with electrodes making my foot twitch while I learned why we're all going to die...and I loved it. After that it was reading "Jurassic Park" and "State of Fear" a couple years later, which is a very relevant book (despite its necessary drama) at this day and age.

The man had a way of twisting science to the confines of literature and you not being able to discern any difference. He will be very sorely missed :crying:

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
My Brother Nathen only died 3 day's a go and he's the only person who i cared fr... well yer rest in pease brother

Top Bottom