• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miami Sports Fan's Tournament, Lebanon, PA

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
$5 Doubles Entry
$5 Singles Entry

Doubles Results: (9 teams)

1: MD Scrubs (Tantalus + KageMurphy) $54
2: Ghengis + Jose $27
3: RobFox + Cheeseball $9

Singles Results:

1: Tantalus ($47.50) (split) (Metaknight)
2: KageMurphy ($23.75) (split) (Dedede/Metaknight)
3: RobFox ($14.25) (Fox/Metaknight/Sonic)
4: Ghenghis Pot (Dedede/G&W)
5: Damon180 (Marth)
5: MiamiSportsFan (Yoshi)
7: ZeroSuitKid (Zero Suit Samus)
7: AlexoftheAura (Lucario)
9: Jose
9: kid3
9: THOR
9: Burningfish
13: Brutal Spawn
13: kid8
13: Max
13: Cheeseball
17: THEOS
17: kid5
17: Shott

If you know where you finished, please let me know! And I'll make adjustments...Sorry I couldn't remember everyone's name.

Damon180

Smash Ace
Wow, there were a lot of kids there - not quite the way I remember the bracket but close enough.
First time I got to play Tant and EE in friendlies, good times :).

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
A lot of local participants, no doubt. It was fun though, and I hope to host another sometime in the near future if anyone's interested.

By the way, Jose and John Stewart (Cheeseball540 on SWF) played first round, and Cheeseball540 also placed 3rd on Doubles with RobFox.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Shouldn't be too hard... haha. Only 9 teams? But great work on the first one so far. lol. Wish I would have kept them... Being in a hurry screwed me when it came time to save them as per common sense?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I have a lot of players that can be added in, but it confuses me... haha.

BurningFish, Brutal_Spawn, Max, Shott, Theos were all in as well. You missed them in placements...

Max played Luke in round one, then played me afterwards in the losers bracket.

Damon180

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about it. Just be sure to save it next time. He did a good job placing the top 9 from memory.

Genghis Pot

Smash Apprentice
Considering it was the first tourney you've ever ran it went pretty well. Pretty good turnout. The next one will go smoothly now that you've got this under your belt. I will probably be there. Just make sure you stress getting more (lagless preferably) setups. :)

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Thanks, I appreciate it. I learned quite a bit and will do better the next time I host a tournament. haha. Glad to see it was enjoyable and ran smoothly.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I used Yoshi

Also, to anyone else. I just talked to the owner, he said he's willing to allow me to use his place again as a venue for another tournament if anyone's interested.

Robfox

Smash Lord
lol was fun again cheese has just started playing brawl like a month before and I thought I was horrible in teams but we still placed well lol and as for singles......I need more MK and Snake training :p. lol everyone always put the Fox capitilized in my name idk Y xD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah I already had it edited on my bracket MSF but I hadn't uploaded the new one. I'll do it in a sec

Edit: I'm pretty much guessing where the other names go

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Wish I would have saved the brackets now.. haha. Max lost his first two matches. To Luke, and then me in the Loser's Bracket. BurningFish and Shott played each other (in loser's bracket I believe) and BurningFish won, and Brutal Spawn lost his first two matches too I believe.

Also, what ranking thread? Am I ranked at all?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just tried to reconstruct my own. With all the names of the participants (but three), and I couldn't match it so well. haha. Next time I'll keep the brackets.

On another note, I talked to the owner of TG Games, as well as the owner of another local store about possible tournaments. TG Games agreed to allow me to use their store as the venue again, as well as the other venue being interested in my offer and considering allowing me to use the store as a venue.

However, if it's held at TG Games again, which will most likely be the case. Rules will obviously be different (and more strictly reinforced), as well as workable and manageable layouts and good setups, and it will be ran much more efficiently. Which is always a plus.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
TG games can't take money out of the pot AND charge a venue fee, FYI, or I will adamantly boycott it

Also, they really need to provide some setups to help out, 2 broken TVs and an LCD does nothing

Top Bottom