• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mi escusi Mi escusi.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
Hey guys i'm trying to find some videos of some tut's like the whole thundersliding i saw a few pictures of it and a few videos that show it used throughout a fight and it seems they pull it off way quicker then i do. when i do it i fly off the stage but it doesn't let me land right near the bolt and when i hit myself or try to quickly i get launched upwards towards the stage and not downwards toward the stage am i doing this right.. or? Also i would like some links to other videos that explain how to wave zap and all that good stuff with my regular settings meaning no B sticking >_<. trying to get this al natural. i read the threads by tyr (been lurken 3 days or so to find them all around here :psycho:) and trying to get videos now to actually see if i'm correctly doing any of the moves. if any of you have either youtube videos or somethign else with any tutorial that would be awesome. Also i don't understand the whole DI thing too well ikf that could be explained cus somewhere i read somethign that you can either use your C-stick or your directional stick and i was wondering if that was correct. Lastly is there any way of changing the palette of lucas so i somewhat have the same colors as black star an anime character. also you can see him a tad on my profile. kthnx xD.

Levitas

the moon
Welcome to smashboards ^_^

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4158733

Includes DI

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162447

Everything non lucas specific.

The issue you're having w/ your thunderslides is that you're doing the PK thunder late, do it immediately as your feet leave the stage (you've done it too soon if you don't go offstage.

It's possible to wavebounce and whatnot w/o bsticking, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're able to deal with controls exceptionally well, which based on the thundersliding thing, I'm guessing not.

To ask about changes to palettes go to the smash workshop http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209

If you have a few more questions today/tomorrow, go ahead with them and I'll help you get started here.

For future reference, zman's Q&A thread is good for stuff like this, and it's here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191621

iTidus

Smash Cadet
alright cool yea these were of big help but there's no vid tut's out right now explaining in full detail some of lucas's AT's? how do i save replays on the wii so i can get some of the footage off my vid's here so it can be critiqued?

Sade

Smash Cadet
alright cool yea these were of big help but there's no vid tut's out right now explaining in full detail some of lucas's AT's? how do i save replays on the wii so i can get some of the footage off my vid's here so it can be critiqued?
We had some kind of video project, Zap Cannon, but the video was removed iirc D: So I started working on a small project that helps Lucas users with basic ATs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HJ0fRq3G_o <- Only video up now, but yeah, it teaches a little bit about magnet pulls.

As for your replays, you just hit Z at the brawl results screen and it should save it onto your Wii. By default, you can only save matches that don't go over 3 minutes length but who says you can't just use Homebrew for unlimited replay ololol

If you're planning to transfer these replays to YouTube or something, you'll need a video card or something like Dazzle to record the matches.

To make Lucas look like Black Star, you'll also be needing Homebrew. I haven't seen any Soul Eater textures as of yet so you might have to make it yourself.

...But Lucas as Black Star? Those are two opposite personalities :'D

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
I dont b-stick but after seeing that i might consider it that is pretty insperational i can only think of wat is to come from a good b-sticker so time to start where i left off thank you this is wat i need to all lucas players never give up never surrender we will arise. lol.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
LOL **** straight lucas is the boy that will surpass GOD!!!!! >:3 thanks sade and as i said lucas reminds me of black star cus A. his weapon is weapon tech the pwnage snake ;) his USmash is loud as hell. how is he not black star? lol i know i think that was the thread were i just face palm'd >_>. like most arguments here on the lucas forum i don't wana b stick cus i'm an aerial build lucas and i can learn with time how to do the some of the same things that you can with b-stick without it (hopefully) lol. how many lucas's have you guys encountered before on smash? either in tourneys or just friendly's? Btw i went to that workshop thingie but they only have certain links going to other sites like kitty corp and whatnot and like your saying sade none of them have tut's on what you need to create your own texture and etc if you somehow know of some cna you please post em up.. you knwo you want to ;) :"D

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
i made this pic few months ago, but sade's video is better, and he shows another way to do the second form
...She.

Also that MS Paint diagram actually helped a lot when I was practicing all the forms of Magnet Pull.

:076:

iTidus

Smash Cadet
alright guys let me ask this since in the thread's i've been lurking >;3 and all that good stuff doesn't say it. you know how one of snake's ultimate weapon is his dash/UP A where he will run at you and it looks like he's doing a dash attack but instead he pulls off an up A and covers extreme ground has anybody tried that with lucas or is it even possible with him cus you can pull off alot of different entrances and save this for one ofthe finales >:3? if so i'm guessing its a frame apart as some of lucas's other AT techs so its either keep your C-stick and be able to do this if its possible or b stick and be able to pull off some pk fire stunts.

ö&ö&ö&ö

Smash Cadet
iTidus, any character can do that u-smash thing (DACUS), but most characters don't get any extra sliding from it. lucas's DACUS doesn't do anything.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
ahhh i figured it would go flying like snake's >_<. i'm thinking about actually going b-stick then because i usually do my smash's with the A anyways and when i don't i usually mess up a tad. and my airs i usually use nair and fair but i use it according to the characters position on me i don't really have use for c-stick and also i don't like the fact that it takes me so long to move my finger to the b to perform the psiM to absorb some falco spam >:3 i'll test it out tommorrow and see where that takes me xP. has anybody here also made the change from c-stick to b-stick? i've been using c-stick for smashing all of super smash (melee *i was horrible* and brawl *not as horrible*) and i'm wondering what type of transition its gona be :/

Levitas

the moon
I made the change from bstick to cstick when I found the benefits not worth it, and it'll take a little getting used to.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Does smashing the B-stick count as smashing the other stick? i.e. if you B-stick with samus, will you get the strong missile when you smash it and the weak one when you tilt it?

iTidus

Smash Cadet
uhm i'm no pro at samus but that happens when you use the B button and controller manually (no b-stick) when you press to the side and B at the same time she will use her missile that goes straight foward when you hold down the controller to the side for a second or more and press b you will get the homing missile. (when you B-stick it acts like your pressing it at the same time i'm guessing?) my friend uses the different missiles for faking me out but he doesn't realize his pattern for this >:3 bwahah he uses something like straight missile straight missile homing missile straight missile then his charged up lazah beamz which i absorb ;) <3. i'm only thinkg about b-sticking now for fast absorbs because my friends are defense players (falco/ fox / zelda) and use alot of beams and etc and i'm never able to absorb most of them cus i'll take damage from one and not be able to pull my psiM fast enough to absorb the others >_< you think changing to b-stick would help that out? and of course learning the other AT's xD.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
lol you were gone? o_o but basically something like that plus the cool chillen' place ^_____^. hey if anybody wants to test me out i'm finally getting a wii this thursday >:E yay for broken wii's and modding them ^______^. guy's does the texture hack work online or would it crash the game? o_o if so you shall see the rise of the black star lucas >:L.

Sade

Smash Cadet
lol you were gone? o_o but basically something like that plus the cool chillen' place ^_____^. hey if anybody wants to test me out i'm finally getting a wii this thursday >:E yay for broken wii's and modding them ^______^. guy's does the texture hack work online or would it crash the game? o_o if so you shall see the rise of the black star lucas >:L.
Texture hacks are client-sided only, but if your opponent downloads the same texture, it'll show.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
so then if you use it and the other person doesn't have the texture so it would just not show and not crash everything cus if it crashes the match that would really suck >_< also how's the video guide coming along sade?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
alright guys let me ask this since in the thread's i've been lurking >;3 and all that good stuff doesn't say it. you know how one of snake's ultimate weapon is his dash/UP A where he will run at you and it looks like he's doing a dash attack but instead he pulls off an up A and covers extreme ground has anybody tried that with lucas or is it even possible with him cus you can pull off alot of different entrances and save this for one ofthe finales >:3? if so i'm guessing its a frame apart as some of lucas's other AT techs so its either keep your C-stick and be able to do this if its possible or b stick and be able to pull off some pk fire stunts.
This is actually a Dash Attack Cancel (DAC). Only certain characters can DAC such as Link (Izaw pwns) and Snake. I wish lucas could DAC... it would be epic. For future reference the UP A is an up-smash/usmash. It could be confused with the other UP A which is Up-tilt/ utilt

BTW I would love to do a Lucas ditto against you iTidus... we just need your friend code once you get it

iTidus

Smash Cadet
when i get it started later today i will totally take on that game >:3 and yea i was watching videos of it being pulled off and pivot grabs and all the likes and once i get a few AT in i'll totally implement that in my game if i like the feel of it. i hope that the games won't have too much lag in them >:L.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
LOL i have green yay us :) uhm i have my wii up and running :D is my friend code 4811-6601-2834. if you wana add me :) i'll add you ^_^ and just wait for it ^_^

Top Bottom