• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Only Tournament

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Not to be cocky or anything, but that read at the end, goddamn that was good. What's your CP?

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
The come back is real. Town and City good?

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I guess we're going to delfino.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
These matches are too close man.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
GG's Raykz. Close games. Have to play again sometime when you have food in your stomach.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
GGs. You read me too well on the last game honestly.

Anyways, you have much more experience with Mewtwo than I do, you know most of the timings and spacings of his attacks. I still need to play Mewtwo more and get used to those, I missed a lot of B-Airs because I didn't know the correct spacing and lost a lot of trades because I didn't know how fast you could respond to it. I need to work on that.

GGs man.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
GG's Raykz. Close games. Have to play again sometime when you have food in your stomach.
Hahahahaha, the fact that I was starving didn't really detract from my game, although I did lose a little focus by the end, you read me like a book in that last match, but it was mostly due to frustration at that point :p. GGs, at least 5 of our 7 games were really close :p.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Oh, my apologies.
You both played well.
I feel like the last match I kind of played horribly, mostly due to frustration. When you lose enough times you just start playing worse :p. Anyways, I am off to get something to eat, probably do groceries which I should have done this morning and watch Avengers.

GGs to all, it was a good tourney. Hopefully we can practice more Mewtwo dittos and teach each other more stuff. I learned quite a bit today, although to be honest Mewtwo Dittos aren't exactly the most fun matches to play. They aren't "boring" but they aren't as exciting as Mewtwo vs other chars. Still I had a lot of fun, GGs everyone.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, that concludes the Mewtwo only Wii U Tournament! Congratulations to @ Demon-oni Demon-oni !

Special thanks to @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed for planning and hosting this, @ Chiroz Chiroz for streaming and moving the bracket a long, and last but not least @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ for being an incredibly intelligent, handsome, humble, and all around awesome person.

And now for our rankings!

First Place belongs to @ Demon-oni Demon-oni ! Ask @NonSpecificGuy for your prize, which is a Club Nintendo game of up to 600!
Second Place belongs to @ Chiroz Chiroz ! Now you can finally go eat!
Third Place belongs to @ pikazz pikazz gets to have bragging rights!
Fourth Place @JimmyHedgehog also gets bragging rights as well because I'm too lazy to come up with something witty to say here!
Fifth Place is a tie between @ energyman2289 energyman2289 and @Whia ! I guess you two get to share bragging rights for 5th place!
Seventh Place is a tie between @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ and @Spatman ! Don't worry, Spat. I'm willing to share this placement with you. ;)
Ninth Place is a tie between @ SleuthMechanism SleuthMechanism and @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 ! Don't feel bad about your placement, guys! If this this a Metaknight or ROB only tournament, we may of seen very different results.

And thank you @ Vexor1011 Vexor1011 for being such a good sport when Demon-oni took your spot!

...Did I mention that @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ is handsome?
:happysheep:

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Again, very sorry for showing up late. I didn't really get to check the time of when either tournament started and by the time I got back from work today the tournament was already half way under way. GG's to all, it was a fun tournament.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'd be up for running bi-weeklies or something like that. Actually, doesn't Speed host something like that? Pretty sure she did back in October at least.

Also I am at the movie theater buying food as we speak (typing from my iphone). Finally going to get some food, I haven't eaten in like 12 or more hours.

Last edited:

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Don't look for a win. Look for a way to learn. No one truly wins, anyways.
Zach, try a different word. Maybe Dashing next time.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, that concludes the Mewtwo only Wii U Tournament! Congratulations to @ Demon-oni Demon-oni !

Special thanks to @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed for planning and hosting this, @ Chiroz Chiroz for streaming and moving the bracket a long, and last but not least @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ for being an incredibly intelligent, handsome, humble, and all around awesome person.

And now for our rankings!

First Place belongs to @ Demon-oni Demon-oni ! Ask @NonSpecificGuy for your prize, which is a Club Nintendo game of up to 600!
Second Place belongs to @ Chiroz Chiroz ! Now you can finally go eat!
Third Place belongs to @ pikazz pikazz gets to have bragging rights!
Fourth Place @JimmyHedgehog also gets bragging rights as well because I'm too lazy to come up with something witty to say here!
Fifth Place is a tie between @ energyman2289 energyman2289 and @Whia ! I guess you two get to share bragging rights for 5th place!
Seventh Place is a tie between @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ and @Spatman ! Don't worry, Spat. I'm willing to share this placement with you. ;)
Ninth Place is a tie between @ SleuthMechanism SleuthMechanism and @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 ! Don't feel bad about your placement, guys! If this this a Metaknight or ROB only tournament, we may of seen very different results.

And thank you @ Vexor1011 Vexor1011 for being such a good sport when Demon-oni took your spot!

...Did I mention that @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ is handsome?
:happysheep:
Im ok

Just need 2 things

1 more practice

2 a wii LAN adaptor (theres was quite a bit of lag in my 2 battles.)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Oh my goodness. :3 Looks like everything went pretty smoothly.
Congratulations @ Demon-oni Demon-oni for 1st place and thank you to everyone for participating! It wouldn't have been anything without all of the contestants who took part. <3
Also, Demon-oni, we must 1v1. :3 ASAP!

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I'm down for some friendlies if you are.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
GG's Speed. Seems like no matter what I do, your Dark Pit is always an issue for me :p

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
You, me, and Raykz seem to have the most understanding on how Mewtwo works, at least in the thread. I'll never understand why people put mewtwo low when dtilt exists. Beats most rolls, and is a solid combo starter.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You, me, and Raykz seem to have the most understanding on how Mewtwo works, at least in the thread. I'll never understand why people put mewtwo low when dtilt exists. Beats most rolls, and is a solid combo starter.
Yeah, really.
Dtilt->Fair is insane. :3

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Don't look for a win. Look for a way to learn. No one truly wins, anyways.
Zach, try a different word. Maybe Dashing next time.
i need to learn to think like this again. been spending most of this smash's life too hungry for glory, wanting to make up for years of being looked down upon as a non-threat in several communities but in the end all it does is just get me frustrated and depressed with the game all the time. ^^;Starting to think mewtwo may not be the character for me though and that maybe i should shift more focus back on MK and Ganon.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
i need to learn to think like this again. been spending most of this smash's life too hungry for glory, wanting to make up for years of being looked down upon as a non-threat in several communities but in the end all it does is just get me frustrated and depressed with the game all the time. ^^;Starting to think mewtwo may not be the character for me though and that maybe i should shift more focus back on MK and Ganon.
Mewtwo is a tricky character to learn. Sticking to more straighforward characters like MK and Ganon may just be the best option.

Top Bottom