• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Mewtwo will be my second or third main for sure. I've been struggling with finding a third main in the game. I'm always a Ness main (only Midna could potentially take his place), but second and third is always open. Kirby was my second main in Brawl and he is in Smash 4 too. It's possible for Mewtwo to take his place as second if he feels really good. But he's third for sure if not that. Had been going back and forth with Lucina/Mart and Charizard as a third. Thinking "if only Mewtwo was in I'd be certain who to pick".

The wait for him is so long uuugh! But it's good they're taking the time to work him out. He'll surely be better than in Melee.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
It's guaranteed it'll be paid dlc too.
I really hope so....the direct didn't said anything about being able to buy him too, they only talked about being available if having both versions :/ I really feel like left in cliffhanger...

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
...and you'll get the Soundtrack. Afterwards you could resell the 3DS copy for like, 30$. I think 15$ for both the 2-CD-soundtrack and freakin' Mewtwo isn't too much to ask for.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Hey man, I'm INCREDIBLY faithful to Nintendo, but simply don't have the funds to afford a home console. I limit myself to the current handheld and maybe one game per year.
Money is kinda expensive.
One game a year!? WTF... how are you so poor? I feel sorry for you, just really wondering how it's possible.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
I really just hope that he's canonically accurate this time around. That is, 100% different from his Melee incarnation. I'm going to be really disappointed if he has his Melee moveset and stats.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I really hope we can buy him if we can't buy both games (and consoles...) , like seriously... or at least that the meaning of having both versions means that you sync them and not register them, since not all of us can't register due to club nintendo being only US and Canada...
I'm hoping that too, even though I plan on getting both versions. The free Mewtwo is a neat bonus for those with both games, and you can still pay for him if you can't get both.
it's amusing how little I actually care about mewtwo compared to everyone else, but hey, can't say I'm surprised or that I mind. Confirmed DLC is pretty nice too. There is a 0% chance I am holding some irrational hope for gihrahim dlc...
I honestly care less about Mewtwo and more about the possibility of others returning now mainly Lucas, but I never object to more characters.

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet
Maybe Mewtwo is not the only character and they are withholding information from us? Sakurai and Ninetendo has done it before and they will again. Who else with me? That is what makes me think is the reason for 2015 Spring DLC.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Anyone know how Mewtwo will be used in tournaments? I mean wouldn't it be chaos just to see who has Mewtwo downloaded or something, or connecting a ton of 3DS's to the Wii U's?

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I swear, if I see another post about Mewtwo being only available to Club Nintendo members with both versions... *crushes mouse*

Mewtwo will be free ONLY to those who have both versions registered. He'll be a paid download for everyone else, and it's likely he'll come with more content in a pack.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
I expect other veterans to return as hidden characters now. That's why they are including more starting characters. I hope Roy is one of them.

And now that Ripley is finally deconfirmed, he can stop being the focus of every character discussion. I expect new characters like Isaac and K. Rool, whether they are included or as DLC.

Also more nails in melee's coffin. Thank you, Sakurai.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Why did you do that? =/
I don't know, I tend to cross out posts for some reason instead of using parentheses.

I am dead serious about Lucas, though- I just don't want to get my hopes up too high yet.
I expect other veterans to return as hidden characters now. That's why they are including more starting characters. I hope Roy is one of them.

And now that Ripley is finally deconfirmed, he can stop being the focus of every character discussion. I expect new characters like Isaac and K. Rool, whether they are included or as DLC.

Also more nails in melee's coffin. Thank you, Sakurai.
I would be happy to see Roy back, too. I know a few real life Roy fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom