• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
If you buy both versions, Mewtwo is in. I knew it.
Here's the video:

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Damn you fast.

I'm glad though. I almost had a heart attack the moment I saw those feet.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
"Oh the trailer it's Duck Hunt Dog right?"
Bowser Jr.
"Oh trailers over it's done now right"
BLAH BLAH BLAH OTHER STUFF
"Okay now that's over we're done finally right?"
THE CDS
"Okay NOW we're done right?"
MEWTWO THO
And I burst into laughter for a couple of minutes

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Well, I'm happy for his fans, but I'm sure as heck not keen on buying a whole new system (3DS) and a game to get him, lol.

That really sucks... I hope that those who only own a Wii U or only a 3DS will be given the option to pay a small price to get him instead. Asking people to get both systems is ludicrous, although I know there'll be plenty who fall for it.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
MEWTWO IS BACK. And I WILL HAVE HIM FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

btw, this confirms DLC Characters as well :)

Pebbicle

Smash Cadet
OMFG

Hopefully he won't be a Lucario clone, though my intuition tells me they will be somewhat similar D:

If he's a buffed up version of his Melee self then I'll be pleased.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Being the only one of the big 3 I wanted in, this is my best possible outcome.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I was looking at the render when they went up his feet and showed the chest I was like "OMFG!!!! YES!"

Spirst

I have both systems and am definitely getting Mewtwo but for those who only have one, I'm hoping he'll be available in the eshop or can be obtained via some other methods. Just seems unfair to shaft those who may not be able to afford both systems with both games.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
CMON LETS F**KING GO

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I have both systems and am definitely getting Mewtwo but for those who only have one, I'm hoping he'll be available in the eshop or can be obtained via some other methods. Just seems unfair to shaft those who may not be able to afford both systems with both games.

aw hell no nintendo needs all the dough they can get, i agree its unfair for those who generally can't afford it but tough.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure he will be available for everyone, but it's nice to know that I can get him for free next year. Can't wait to see what they do with him.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we are discouraging Mewtwo threads, this one will be left open until when the Mewtwo boards are opened. It is unsure when they will actually be opened to feel free to discuss about Mewtwo here in this thread.

Last edited:

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
For the Mewtwo fans....this is extremely good news. Mewtwo will probably function a LOT better in this laggy floaty-ass enviroment where you can live forever. I'm sure he'll have a lot of changes to gimp his opponents once they're off the edge too, so rejoice!

It's almost funny how much it feels like Nintendo was FORCED to include him because of fans. This is why our voices matter, people. This is WHY you complain and don't just agree with every decision Nintendo or Sakurai makes!

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god I just knew it when I saw his feet :joyful: Oh my... that's ALL I wanted! This is just awesome.

Last edited:

Airplanepilot501

Smash Rookie
NNID
Airplanepilot501
I knew Sakurai and the smash team wanted to add in Mewtwo as a reward for getting both SSB4 for Wii u and 3ds.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Thinking back on the flack he received for his supposedly fake announcement, I feel bad for Zipzo and happy that this has finally happened. Hopefully this restores any credibility he and his source may have lost. :)

I wonder if Mewtwo will keep the same moveset or feature an updated one. I'm so hyped either way. :grin:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I'll buy Wii U just for this, i'm not even a Mewtwo fan (i used to hate him) but it's a new character.

You got me Nintendo, i'm all yours now.

Ascenic

Smash Rookie
Lol I'm screwed. I really want Mewtwo but for $360 give or take? It's not even a option. That is assuming that he isn't available as payed DLC at some point.

IblisTriggersPuppet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Oshawottfan33
3DS FC
4356-0745-3351
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdd

WOSFjwesjfwjosojfjwcoasjorfhwesofrhwpashfrowqas

YESSSSSSSSS MEWTWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mewtwopm:

Raido

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm happy for his fans, but I'm sure as heck not keen on buying a whole new system (3DS) and a game to get him, lol.

That really sucks... I hope that those who only own a Wii U or only a 3DS will be given the option to pay a small price to get him instead. Asking people to get both systems is ludicrous, although I know there'll be plenty who fall for it.
Of course it will be DLC. Owners of both versions just get him for free.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I Knew he was going to be DLC. Like I always said, Mewtwo, Isaac, and K.Rool were absent on purpose. They were not included initially because they can bring in some serious cash.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I started jumping around like a 5 year old.

I cannot be the only one who jumped around like a 5 year old while screaming "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GODDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAKURAI, I KNEW, I JUST KNEW, DEEP DOWN. MY DUDE

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS MEWTWO INCOMING

THANK GOD MY ROOMMATE WASNT HERE WHILE I WATCHED THIS. GOOD GAME MEWTWO SUPPORTERS, GOOD, GAME!

LET ME HEAR IT FOR OUR FAVORITE GENETIC EXPERIMENT

THIS IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
I think my body became a little too Reggie when I saw Mewtwo there... Gonna be a long wait for him though. They said Spring 2015. A lot of time to wonder what he's gonna be like... I'm excited and curious.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
OMFG

Hopefully he won't be a Lucario clone, though my intuition tells me they will be somewhat similar D:

If he's a buffed up version of his Melee self then I'll be pleased.
There is no way he'll be a Lucario clone. The two play nothing alike.

HyrulesLegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHyrulesLegend
3DS FC
4253-4618-9274

Just buy the game, register it, then sell it! :"D

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Great more Pokemon characters! Though I'm happy for the fans who stuck by him, I cant be mad. The good news for the rest of us is this opens up some DLC character possibilities. Spring is far away. Who's to say they don't announce other characters they have planned for release?? We still have news to look forward to after release.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
DARN MY THREAD WAS CLOSED BUT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MEWTWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom