• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo combo & tech sharing thread

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
What I've found helpful so far is to use the first jab to set up combos. Jab into down tilt followed by up air is guaranteed as well as jab --> down tilt --> Fair and jab --> Grab. Also, try using shadow ball as an initial combo starter. If an uncharged SB connects it can lead to a disable, grab, tilt etc

PGP

Smash Cadet
NNID
samwich42
3DS FC
3093-7123-8190
I know this probably isn't a tech in the traditional sense, but I can't find anywhere to post this and I don't think it warrants its own thread.

When extremely close to an edge (whether it be that of a platform or stage), Mewtwo can interrupt the finisher of his jab combo. The tech is done by connecting a jab near the edge and then continue the jab into the juggling part of the animation. Normally, this jab would have to end in Mewtwo's jab finisher, which knocks the opponent away and delivers 2%. However, if you directionally mash down or away from the opponent (towards the edge) during the juggling animation, you'll slide off the edge (or through the platform). The primary utility for this tech that I've found is to use down-b immediately after falling off of the edge (or through the platform). While it isn't guaranteed, it's very close to it and will connect almost all the time if the opponent isn't aware of it. Jab1 also forces the opponent to face you, meaning you won't have to worry about disable missing for that reason. From what I've found you literally need to be as close as possible to the ledge (you can typically just roll backwards to ensure you're as close as possible) for this to work.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I know this probably isn't a tech in the traditional sense, but I can't find anywhere to post this and I don't think it warrants its own thread.

When extremely close to an edge (whether it be that of a platform or stage), Mewtwo can interrupt the finisher of his jab combo. The tech is done by connecting a jab near the edge and then continue the jab into the juggling part of the animation. Normally, this jab would have to end in Mewtwo's jab finisher, which knocks the opponent away and delivers 2%. However, if you directionally mash down or away from the opponent (towards the edge) during the juggling animation, you'll slide off the edge (or through the platform). The primary utility for this tech that I've found is to use down-b immediately after falling off of the edge (or through the platform). While it isn't guaranteed, it's very close to it and will connect almost all the time if the opponent isn't aware of it. Jab1 also forces the opponent to face you, meaning you won't have to worry about disable missing for that reason. From what I've found you literally need to be as close as possible to the ledge (you can typically just roll backwards to ensure you're as close as possible) for this to work.

Interesting, I'll try it when I have the time.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Random tidbits of info: Teleport only autosnaps to the ledge once. To get the autosnap back without going onstage, simply complete most of a double jump or any move besides airdodge.
Also, confusion regains its momentum boost every time you grab the ledge.
These two things combine nicely, meaning Mewtwo can repeatedly chase his opponents offstage if he's careful, seeing as how he can recover from the corner of the blastzones thanks to confusion.
On that note, the "perfect" distance to catch the ledge with teleport without autosnap is to (from hanging on the ledge) down and away @ a 45 degree angle -> air dodge -> teleport back to ledge.

It brings to back to the ledge with very little or no overshooting it and looks visually similar to melee mewtwo ledge stalls, but I don't think it has much use other than looking fancy.

MarioMan01

Smash Rookie
@ theflaminggamer theflaminggamer

Now that this is the sort of AT discussion/archive thread, I would recommend looking at this sheik AT discussion/archive thread for ideas on organization of the OP regarding AT's and other little important tips/tricks.

From the looks of Mewtwo's 3rd day, we're gonna need a thread like it.

Also, its worth noting that Mewtwo's attacks utilizing its tail have the hitbox at or very close the bulge, if that helps anyone having spacing issues with his bair

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
Now, mind you I've only tested these on 3ds
1. If you use shadow ball at the height of his second jump he will gain a lot of extra height.I don't know the exact timing but basically its after he stops rising but before he starts falling. A good way to tell is by looking at his body. It only work just a few frames after he flips his body all the way around.
2. If you SH Just as you are fairing the move will finish just before you hit the ground. While this won't give you enough time to Fair again (at least not with active frames) it will allow you to Side B, Up B, DJ, or DJ to Fair right after.

Psyruby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyruby
3DS FC
3007-8155-8661
I have a lot of combos to talk about, I'll probably repeat some people, but it's easier for me that way. Mario is used as the dummy at level 9(cause he'll try a little to get out)

EDIT: I'll be updating this list whenever I find something new and practical.

EDIT2: I have highlighted imo key combos. Blue combos are early game combos, yellow are mid game combos, and red is a late game finisher combo. The combos are identified as they are easy to pull off and have a high reward.

Symbols:
AR: Aerial Range
CR: Close Range
MR: Mid Range
B: Behind Range
L: Landing

True Combos:
Jab1 -> Jab1 105-270%
CR Dtilt -> Jab1: 0-5%
CMR Dtilt -> Utilt 0-25%
CMR Dtilt -> Usmash 0-25%
CR Dtilt -> Nair 0-55%
CMR Dtilt -> Fair 0-55%
CR Dtilt -> Uair 10-105%
CR Dtilt -> Grab 0-5%
CMR Utilt -> Jab1 80-85%
CMR Utilt -> Utilt 80-160%
CMR Utilt -> Usmash 80-145%
CMR Utilt -> Grab 80-85%
B Utilt -> Nair 0-10%
B Utilt -> Fair 0-15%
B Utilt -> Bair 10-65%
Dash Attack -> Fair 0-10%
CR Uair -> Fair 75%-110%

Nearly True Combos:
Jab1 -> Jab1 0-105%
Jab1 -> Grab 0-260%
Jab1 -> Utilt 0-300%+
AMR Utilt -> Jab1 0-60%
CMR Utilt -> Utilt 0-160%
CMR Utilt -> Usmash 0-145%
L Nair -> Ftilt 0-300%+
L Nair -> Grab 0-300%+
Fair -> Jab1 0-10%
Fair -> Utilt 0-15%
Fair -> Dtilt 0-5%
Fair -> Falling Fair 5-10%
Fair -> Grab 0-10%
CR Uair -> Fair 40%-75%

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I have a lot of combos to talk about, I'll probably repeat some people, but it's easier for me that way.

Symbols:
AR: Aerial Range
CR: Close Range
MR: Mid Range
B: Behind Range

True Combos:
Jab1 -> Jab1 105-270%
CR Dtilt -> Jab1: 0-5%
CMR Dtilt -> Utilt 0-25%
CR Dtilt -> Usmash 0-25%
CR Dtilt -> Nair 0-55%
CMR Dtilt -> Fair 0-55%
CR Dtilt -> Uair 10-105%
CR Dtilt -> Grab 0-5%
CMR Utilt -> Jab1 80-85%
CMR Utilt -> Utilt 80-160%
CMR Utilt -> Usmash 80-145% :D
CMR Utilt -> Grab 80-85%
B Utilt -> Nair 0-10%
B Utilt -> Fair 0-15%
B Utilt -> Bair 10-65%
Dash Attack -> Fair 0-10%

Nearly True Combos:
Jab1 -> Jab1 0-105%
Jab1 -> Grab 0-260%
Jab1 -> Utilt 0-300%+
AMR Utilt -> Jab1 0-60%
Fair -> Falling Fair 5-10%
I think some of these are inaccurate because they don't take into account all of the tilts hitboxes. Like for example there's an specific hitbox on U-Tilt that barely scales and can true combo into U-Smash until extremely high %s (talking about 500-900%).

Also D-Tilt to F-Air is a true combo even after you need to Double Jump (80s-100%) if you hit with the correct timing AND are basically frame perfect on the follow up.

Also B-Utilt to B-Air is another true combo efen after you need to Double Jump as long as you do it frame perfectly. It makes me curious that your opponents were able to break at 60%, what character were all these combos tested against, Jiggs? (Because I myself was testing against Mario and Fox).

I have a theory that both UTilt and DTilt have 4 different hitboxes (Close, Close-Mid, Mid and Far) and that while they both have 1 hitbox that cannot combo into anything (Far), you only analyzed 2 hitboxes for each one of them, leaving one of the hitboxes for each move unexplored.

Last edited:

Psyruby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyruby
3DS FC
3007-8155-8661
I was using Mario as my test subject. I'm a little tired, but I was trying to do what was possible with my reflexes without trying too hard as it's hardly worth trying if you have to be frame perfect. The hitboxes that don't account for some of the lower scaling is for the same reason, it's hardly worth trying to go for a hitbox if you have to be frame perfect spacing. I was trying to find practical combos.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Question for you all: has anyone figured out Mewtwo's frame cancels and what benefit they can bring him? Can Mewtwo frame cancel?

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
has anyone else noticed that if you teleport into the ground at about a 45 degree angle you slide a bit?

MarioMan01

Smash Rookie
So I've been messing around with edges a bit, and have found that mewtwo does not grab the edge when doing any animation other than the fall animation. This includes his double jump animation. Because of this, it is easy to land on the stage when you were hoping for an edge which can be punished by an edgeguarding opponent.

There are a few ways to prevent this overshooting.

first and foremost, you can teleport and ledge snap. This is generally the best way, however on some stages the edges are rather funky, resulting in you SDing. You can also find the point at which mewtwos jump animation becomes its falling animation, although that can become fairly readable if used constantly. Finally, on stages slanted at about a 45 degree angle, you can wall jump into the edge to cancel his d-jump and land on the edge, which is fairly picky on location if you don't want to miss.

But thats just avoiding a missed edge. Now we can abuse that and mewtwos inability to cancel d-jump with an aerial.

If you double jump so that you will overshoot the edge and land on the stage, you have two mixup options for opponents on the stage (e.g. an edgeguarding gannondorf). if you overshoot you jump, then follow up with a bair (or uair if you're facing the stage), the attack will carry up through the stage and hit your opponent, allowing for a safer recovery (and even a kill at higher %'s). Generally go for bair because the range and damage are both better than uair unless you are facing the stage, in which case use uair. Use sparingly however, as an opponent can read, shield, and punish if you overuse this.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Dunno if this has been said, but I did a cool thing where I jumped into an up air and then followed up with a fair and it killed... tricky to do and you need to be facing the right way, but look out for it!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Dunno if this has been said, but I did a cool thing where I jumped into an up air and then followed up with a fair and it killed... tricky to do and you need to be facing the right way, but look out for it!
What character and % was this? Was it a true combo? Sounds really awesome to be honest!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
What character and % was this? Was it a true combo? Sounds really awesome to be honest!
It was against a Bowser Jr, can't remember the % though, around about 100% I think! Not sure if it was a true combo, but it looked difficult to get out with when done right. If it is a combo, name it the Narth combo please!! I've always wanted my own combo!

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
has anyone else noticed that if you teleport into the ground at about a 45 degree angle you slide a bit?
Are you talking about this?

You get 4-5 frames less landing lag using teleport like that. It seems to work by using it at a certain height, more precisely at the top height of your first jump.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Jab->Disable->Dthrow->Disable->Smash/Throw.

Teleport Canceling works well in combination with his second jump, it allows either angling for platforms such as those on Battlefield.

Double Jump Canceled Disable is a pretty good out of shield option.

From where you start on Battlefield, you can teleport diagonally towards the ledge to do a tp cancel. Charging a Shadow Ball->Shield Cancel->Teleport OoS towards the ledge for a nice escape option.

Usmash from a charging Shadow Ball shield cancelled is a nice surprise I catch people often with.

Shadow Balls are excellent for zoning due to the speed and distance.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but landing with nair before the final hit guarantees a grab on any character at virtually any %. It sends them with their back facing you on either side, and your landing lag is just small enough that they can't jump or turnaround jab before you can reach them. They can barely get their shield out, but you can grab them. If they do anything but shield, it's a free grab, dash attack or even usmash.

Last edited:

Psyruby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyruby
3DS FC
3007-8155-8661
I had my suspicion that was a true-ish combo. You can pull it off at a variety of percents cause Mewtwo's acceleration changes drastically for his second jump. The lower the percent the higher in the second jump you should perform it.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
This has probably already been said, but Dtilt > JC Usmash seems to be a true combo against many characters at low percents, as well as Dtilt > SH Fair/Uair/Nair.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
I had my suspicion that was a true-ish combo. You can pull it off at a variety of percents cause Mewtwo's acceleration changes drastically for his second jump. The lower the percent the higher in the second jump you should perform it.
Yeah I was playing around with this too. If you double jump and uair someone directly above you at about 80-100%, they're going to be right in front of you after the hit while still in hitstun which means a fair link / usually a kill. I'm sure it can be done at lower or higher % as well by connecting with the weaker hitbox or doing it later on your second jump.

This has probably already been said, but Dtilt > JC Usmash seems to be a true combo against many characters at low percents, as well as Dtilt > SH Fair/Uair/Nair.
We should definitely play sometime soon again, been a long time since our glory Falcon dittos.

SuperSwagBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xCocho
SH Nair? I prefer to FH my nairs. You get that small window before you hit floor to do something if you miss. If you do hit, it leads into fair/bair as a true combo until like 90%

What are the benefits of a SH Nair? Enemies just land diagonally to you and can act pretty quickly. Along with basically any disjointed hitbox beating it if used an an approach.

Psyruby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyruby
3DS FC
3007-8155-8661
Yeah I was playing around with this too. If you double jump and uair someone directly above you at about 80-100%, they're going to be right in front of you after the hit while still in hitstun which means a fair link / usually a kill. I'm sure it can be done at lower or higher % as well by connecting with the weaker hitbox or doing it later on your second jump.
So I have confirmed that from 75%-110%, Mewtwo true combos Uair into Fair.

Falco_Phantasm

Smash Rookie
NNID
DexNexRex
3DS FC
1006-0212-8425
At some percents down throw goes into multiple f-air's, I'm not sure the exact requirements or if it's an actual combo.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
SH Nair? I prefer to FH my nairs. You get that small window before you hit floor to do something if you miss. If you do hit, it leads into fair/bair as a true combo until like 90%

What are the benefits of a SH Nair? Enemies just land diagonally to you and can act pretty quickly. Along with basically any disjointed hitbox beating it if used an an approach.
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but landing with nair before the final hit guarantees a grab on any character at virtually any %. It sends them with their back facing you on either side, and your landing lag is just small enough that they can't jump or turnaround jab before you can reach them. They can barely get their shield out, but you can grab them. If they do anything but shield, it's a free grab, dash attack or even usmash.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I honestly think your post is inaccurate. I have no proof but I believe the opponent can act faster from Cancelled N-Air than Mewtwo can, which would disallow any follow ups or grab set ups.

Also it doesn't always throw then with their backs to you, I see them get hit with their face towards me all the time, sometimes my back is towards them. For now I think N-Air is completely random, we need to test and learn the properties.

Last edited:

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
I honestly think your post is inaccurate. I have no proof but I believe the opponent can act faster from Cancelled N-Air than Mewtwo can, which would disallow any follow ups or grab set ups.

Also it doesn't always throw then with their backs to you, I see them get hit with their face towards me all the time, sometimes my back is towards them. For now I think N-Air is completely random, we need to test and learn the properties.
The difference here is that I actually did. I'm not sure how you manage to get your opponent to land facing you all the time, but if so, you have the frame advantage as your jab will come out before theirs even if theirs is frame 1 (ZSS or Mac). I accidentally managed to create this situation twice in about 20 minutes of testing by only hitting the opponent with the first hitbox of nair while my back was turned against them and while I was moving forward. In any case, you're largely in control of where the opponent ends up and you shouldn't use nair in the way I just described.

This may be character dependent as I didn't get to test it through the whole cast, but from what I gathered you're nearly always in advantage after the reset. An interesting thing I also found is that on low %s the first hit of nair can trip the opponent causing them to evade the rest of the attack.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The difference here is that I actually did. I'm not sure how you manage to get your opponent to land facing you all the time, but if so, you have the frame advantage as your jab will come out before theirs even if theirs is frame 1 (ZSS or Mac). I accidentally managed to create this situation twice in about 20 minutes of testing by only hitting the opponent with the first hitbox of nair while my back was turned against them and while I was moving forward. In any case, you're largely in control of where the opponent ends up and you shouldn't use nair in the way I just described.

This may be character dependent as I didn't get to test it through the whole cast, but from what I gathered you're nearly always in advantage after the reset. An interesting thing I also found is that on low %s the first hit of nair can trip the opponent causing them to evade the rest of the attack.

Could you then explain the properties of the move? Why does it sometime knock opponents downwards, but sometimes upwards, sometimes left and sometimes right? How can I control which of all the directions it will throw him in when I land cancel it?

Could you give me an 100% surefire way where my opponent will always land with his back to me and in front of me?

We need all this info because right now it seems random to me, but as I said, I haven't been able to test it yet.

PS: Mewtwo's Jab is frame 6 and N-Air has 6-7 landing lag (according to threads around here). Your statement about Mac/ZSS is basically claiming that the opponent has at the very least 13 frames of lag when hit by N-Air which seems really unlikely to me.

Last edited:

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Could you then explain the properties of the move? Why does it sometime knock opponents downwards, but sometimes upwards, sometimes left and sometimes right? How can I control which of all the directions it will throw him in when I land cancel it?
It depends on which side of you they're at on the last hit they take. Your aerial momentum is the most important thing affecting this, regardless in this scenario it doesn't matter which side of you they land at unless you have really bad reaction time.

PS: Mewtwo's Jab is frame 6 and N-Air has 6-7 landing lag (according to threads around here). Your statement about Mac/ZSS is basically claiming that the opponent has at the very least 13 frames of lag when hit by N-Air which seems really unlikely to me.
It's because they land later than you assuming you're fastfalling, without still being able to jump in mid-air.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It depends on which side of you they're at on the last hit they take. Your aerial momentum is the most important thing affecting this, regardless in this scenario it doesn't matter which side of you they land at unless you have really bad reaction time.

It's because they land later than you assuming you're fastfalling, without still being able to jump in mid-air.
Yes the first part is obvious but how do you control which side they are before you land is the question.

You say my aerial momentum is key, but I tested this. I tried hitting an opponent in front of me while going fowards, hitting an opponent in front of me while going backwards, hitting an opponent behind me while going forward and hitting an opponent behind me while going backwards and I got inconsistent results, it all looked random to me, although I know there must be some logical pattern. I am assuming the pattern has to do with which hitbox you hit with (as in 1st, 2nd, 3rd) which would make the move basically impossible to control as you would not only have to control the spacing and angle but also the actual timing of the move. My assumption might be incorrect though as the properties could be much simpler than that.

The second point you made isn't always true, it's only true when they are knocked upwards, sometimes they land before you do. Also what if they are already at the floor?

We should play online so we can further test this, I want to see if you can truly control it and always have a frame advantage on me.

Last edited:

Psyruby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyruby
3DS FC
3007-8155-8661
Yes the first part is obvious but how do you control which side they are before you land is the question.

The second one isn't always true, it's only true when they are knocked upwards, sometimes they land before you do. Also what if they are already at the floor?

We should play online so we can further test this, I want to see if you can truly control it and always have a frame advantage on me.
I believe what you should do to have more control is fastfall Nair into them when they jump, then observe them while they are trapped in Nair, they will be thrown to the opposite side of their last location for the last hit and you will land before them. I've done this a couple times. It's not easy to do if you shorthop nair, but it is easy if you catch them trying to punish your landing with a miss spaced aerial.

Also, I have updated my combo list above and would appreciate feedback from anyone and everyone on how it is organized.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I believe what you should do to have more control is fastfall Nair into them when they jump, then observe them while they are trapped in Nair, they will be thrown to the opposite side of their last location for the last hit and you will land before them. I've done this a couple times. It's not easy to do if they shorthop, but it is easy if you catch them trying to punish your landing with a miss spaced aerial.

Also, I have updated my combo list above and would appreciate feedback from anyone and everyone on how it is organized.
Yes, this is what I thought but then you cannot actually control it, you can only react to it. I was trying to ask if there was a way to control it.

Also the key part here is if they are truly in more lag than you are, as if they are you can just react fast enough and still hit them, but it doesn't seem that they are when I do it. I need a human partner to test it.

Edit: I've been testing for a bit and with the "react" to where they are on the last hit seems to work most of the times they get popped up. ALTHOUGH, Mario level 9 CPU was able to N-Air me, so I don't know how accurate the "not able to jump" statement is.

I will say I was wrong and that your opponent does land with his back to you 100% of the time, he lands with his face towards you whenever the last hit connects which was what confused me.

When the opponent isn't popped up, he can roll before Mewtwo's grab comes up. I did N-Air on a LM and spammed grab and he was able to roll behind me as Mewtwo tried to grab.

I wi test more but the Mario N-Airing me makes me
think they might actually be able to jump, although I don't know yet.

Edit 2: On a "half pop" LM was able to block my D-Tilt and I was spamming it so it would buffer correctly. The dash + grab animation would have taken much longer than a turnaround + jab from LM.

Last edited:

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
From my testing, where they end up depends on their positioning in regards to mewtwo when he hits the ground. Basically, nair has a bunch of hitboxes that just hit the opponent towards mewtwo. It takes 3-4 hits to push the opponent to the other side of mewtwo, then the next 4 hits determine if they land in front of or behind him (9th hit being the finisher). So for each character, you have a higher chance of having them land in front of you if you hit the ground during the second half of the move.
Furthermore, your own momentum affects their positioning, and it's going to be extremely character dependent.
Against Ganon specifically, either the 6th or 7th hitbox seems to always make him land in front of you, but it's impossible to make that decision unless you're on 1/4 time.
Oh btwz, I think I can confirm a frame advantage. Because you initiate landing lag while they're still in hitstun, you start your landing lag before theirs. It's just barely enough to guarantee a buffered jab hitting before their shield actually comes up, but I think that maybe fast jabs would compromise any frame advantage.
EDIT: The shielding thing looks to be like within 1 or 2 frames of being guaranteed, because sometimes powershielding will work.

tl;dr I think that it's going to be possible to determine exactly how to manipulate the opponent's positioning after nair, but there are an extreme number of factors and you're better just hoping you get lucky.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What? You can change direction while air dodging in Smash 4.
Mewtwo's air acceleration seems to be really bad, as in he seems to change directions extemely slowly. But you are right, you can change directions during air dodges.

From my testing, where they end up depends on their positioning in regards to mewtwo when he hits the ground. Basically, nair has a bunch of hitboxes that just hit the opponent towards mewtwo. It takes 3-4 hits to push the opponent to the other side of mewtwo, then the next 4 hits determine if they land in front of or behind him (9th hit being the finisher). So for each character, you have a higher chance of having them land in front of you if you hit the ground during the second half of the move.
Furthermore, your own momentum affects their positioning, and it's going to be extremely character dependent.
Against Ganon specifically, either the 6th or 7th hitbox seems to always make him land in front of you, but it's impossible to make that decision unless you're on 1/4 time.
Oh btwz, I think I can confirm a frame advantage. Because you initiate landing lag while they're still in hitstun, you start your landing lag before theirs. It's just barely enough to guarantee a buffered jab hitting before their shield actually comes up, but I think that maybe fast jabs would compromise any frame advantage.

tl;dr I think that it's going to be possible to determine exactly how to manipulate the opponent's positioning after nair, but there are an extreme number of factors and you're better just hoping you get lucky.
That was also my own analysis, basically I think it depends which hitbox you first hit him with, which hitbox you last hit him with before landing and where he is positioned (in contrast to Mewtwo) at the moment you hit him the first time.

Controlling the position is easy, controlling the hit you land on is incredibly hard as it depends how high you are when you hit the opponent, controlling when you hit the opponent with the first hitbox is also incredibly hard as you cannot always control when you can hit your opponent.

Reacting to the knockback is doable but it also seems like the height they "bounce" or are released from N-Air is dynamic, it's not always the same. So we would need to learn which distance is optimal and how to control that, as the opponent being released too high allows them to aerial (and probably jump) while them bouncing too little allows them to shield and roll. There might be a perfect height where they can't jump/aerial or shield/roll, but I don't know it yet.

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Well, I have noticed something: they only seem to be in position for an usmash if i catch them with a nair from above while they're midair, and I'm fastfalling. Theoretically they should be knocked towards mewtwo on every hitbox, so it's a matter of landing way before they do? Unfortunately, I worry that this would never be guaranteed.
I'm also very curious to see how percentage will affect all this. At high percents, more hitstun might mean more guaranteed followups?

carlos11

Smash Cadet
Why isn't everyone talking about Dtilt? It's Mewtwo's best move. Here's some stuff that I'm able to do consistently that I haven't seen in this thread:

Dtilt>Nair>Ftil
Dtilt>Dtilt>Utilt>Bair
Dtilt>Uair>Bair
Dtilt>Uair>Uair

Also, something that's feels really cool to land is Bthrow to Bair. It doesn't land most of the time. Your opponent needs to be at least in the 80s and you need to grab right at the ledge, then you do your Bair out of your second jump. If your opponennt is at a high enough percent, he'll DI to make sure that Bthrow doesn't kill him, but in doing so he might be setting himself in the exact position you want him to be in. And when it does land, it's in the sweetspot, so they're gone.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Why isn't everyone talking about Dtilt? It's Mewtwo's best move. Here's some stuff that I'm able to do consistently that I haven't seen in this thread:

Dtilt>Nair>Ftil
Dtilt>Dtilt>Utilt>Bair
Dtilt>Uair>Bair
Dtilt>Uair>Uair

Also, something that's feels really cool to land is Bthrow to Bair. It doesn't land most of the time. Your opponent needs to be at least in the 80s and you need to grab right at the ledge, then you do your Bair out of your second jump. If your opponennt is at a high enough percent, he'll DI to make sure that Bthrow doesn't kill him, but in doing so he might be setting himself in the exact position you want him to be in. And when it does land, it's in the sweetspot, so they're gone.

There's too many threads going around. I made a miniguide on D-Tilt and U-Tilt in another thread. I feel that the best follow up to D-Tilt is F-Air, if your opponent is low enough it allows you to F-Air again or Fast Fall N-Air or even Down-Air on some characters, if your opponent is high enough it allows you to go for a juggle or an edgeguard.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
found it at first day and its pretty easy to do:

you need to position yourself so that you using your Second jump so when UAir hits the opponent, you still having your momentum so you should be at the same plane, you can do a FAir on the opponent, which will be a true combo if it connects! it kills at 85% when at the ledge at FD stage
you can do the first jump, but its harder and works on lower % thanks the knockback from UAir isnt that big

Second Jump -> UAir -> FAir (80-100% kills at 85%)

I have a replay of this combo which I want to upload to show what I mean

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
found it at first day and its pretty easy to do:

you need to position yourself so that you using your Second jump so when UAir hits the opponent, you still having your momentum so you should be at the same plane, you can do a FAir on the opponent, which will be a true combo if it connects! it kills at 85% when at the ledge at FD stage
you can do the first jump, but its harder and works on lower % thanks the knockback from UAir isnt that big

Second Jump -> UAir -> FAir (80-100% kills at 85%)

I have a replay of this combo which I want to upload to show what I mean
Yay, Narth Combo confirmed!! <3

Top Bottom