• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo combo & tech sharing thread

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
I really love using the Rising Claw combo, I did that on a Captain Falco this time, sadly I didnt save the replay D:

the first UAir is a good setup, but sadly the second UAir doesnt make it a true combo. would have love if the UAir end lag got end earlier so we could have a true death combo of 4 D:
damn shame, maybe with luck it can catch people off guard as a mixup, its still a beefy 40 %

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
!!THIS WILL BE UPDATED WHEN I FIND MORE INFORMATION!!

Hey guys, I've actually found a cool mewtwo combo, Since Mewtwo's up tilt has great range, it has the perfect knockback to start a combo.
First what i do, is get a up tilt that only knocks them slightly above my head. Then i simply to a N-air and fast fall before the final hit.

Now this is the tricky part. If they land behind you, you do a Forward tilt, I'm still testing to see if Shadow ball or Confusion connects. The best part about this combo is if you actually get them to land in front of you. ALWAYS go for a down tilt, then connect with F-air. This is yet to be confirmed "true" but in FG, no one has yet to escape. The Forward tilt version does a "MAX" amount "This is ESTIMATED".

6+8+10 = 24.
24 is a pretty good amount of damage considering a good angled up tilt can lead up to this.
"THIS DAMAGE IS NOT CONFIRMED, LOTS OF TESTING IN PROGRESS".
Now with them landing in front of you. Your luck is amazing. THIS IS THE "MAX" ESTIMATED AMOUNT.
6+8+5+10= 29.
These combos have a minimum as the N-air and spacing between your attacks can be different.
You may be wondering. 29 damage isn't much, but an up tilt hit perfectly can just win you a near 30% lead.
I also tend to find them landing behind me more often. This works on high percents,
YES IT DOES, but a forward air after a down tilt wont be guarenteed.

In early percents, I can also get an up-tilt into a back air into a n-air, INCREASING the damage. This will not work on higher percents, I will try to find which percents it will stop working. I'll probably make a video showcasing this.

FEEL FREE TO REPLY AND HELP ME ON THIS AND CONFIRM THAT THIS COMBO IS TRUE.

~Thank you~

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So I mentioned this here before, and I'm sure some of you are using this combo already, and though it's probably not a 'true combo' it's a pretty satisfying kill. Have been using it lately in FG but have yet to try it offline with an experienced player - a few friends asked so I made a quick vid and thought I'd share it here too. Messed up in the beginning but you get the gist..

VS lvl 9 Marth:

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
So I mentioned this here before, and I'm sure some of you are using this combo already, and though it's probably not a 'true combo' it's a pretty satisfying kill. Have been using it lately in FG but have yet to try it offline with an experienced player - a few friends asked so I made a quick vid and thought I'd share it here too. Messed up in the beginning but you get the gist..

VS lvl 9 Marth:

it has been mentioned that FAir links perfect with eachother at lower %, sadly its hard to do a combo out of it.

but I do admit, it is really an awesome string

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
!!THIS WILL BE UPDATED WHEN I FIND MORE INFORMATION!!

Hey guys, I've actually found a cool mewtwo combo, Since Mewtwo's up tilt has great range, it has the perfect knockback to start a combo.
First what i do, is get a up tilt that only knocks them slightly above my head. Then i simply to a N-air and fast fall before the final hit.

Now this is the tricky part. If they land behind you, you do a Forward tilt, I'm still testing to see if Shadow ball or Confusion connects. The best part about this combo is if you actually get them to land in front of you. ALWAYS go for a down tilt, then connect with F-air. This is yet to be confirmed "true" but in FG, no one has yet to escape. The Forward tilt version does a "MAX" amount "This is ESTIMATED".

6+8+10 = 24.
24 is a pretty good amount of damage considering a good angled up tilt can lead up to this.
"THIS DAMAGE IS NOT CONFIRMED, LOTS OF TESTING IN PROGRESS".
Now with them landing in front of you. Your luck is amazing. THIS IS THE "MAX" ESTIMATED AMOUNT.
6+8+5+10= 29.
These combos have a minimum as the N-air and spacing between your attacks can be different.
You may be wondering. 29 damage isn't much, but an up tilt hit perfectly can just win you a near 30% lead.
I also tend to find them landing behind me more often. This works on high percents,
YES IT DOES, but a forward air after a down tilt wont be guarenteed.

In early percents, I can also get an up-tilt into a back air into a n-air, INCREASING the damage. This will not work on higher percents, I will try to find which percents it will stop working. I'll probably make a video showcasing this.

FEEL FREE TO REPLY AND HELP ME ON THIS AND CONFIRM THAT THIS COMBO IS TRUE.
~Thank you~

After having tested N-Air extensively after a discussion that was had previously, I am 99% certain that the opponent can ALWAYS act out before Mewtwo from a cancelled N-Air. The opponent can either jump aways or N-Air/Jab Mewtwo before Mewtwo can get any tilt hit.

I've done N-Air cancel into bufferd Jab/F-Tilt, which basically means I was frame perfect and a Mario was still able to jab me during the animation before my tail hit him (with Jab I got the "dark energy" visual effect but Mario wasn't hurt).

So while land cancelled N-Air can be used as a mix up, expect experienced players to counter any follow up easily with a jab.

Down-Tilt into Forward-Air is guaranteed at almost all %s (how long it works depends on opponent's character and DI), I don't know why you said it isn't.

You can also Up-Tilt into U-Air into Rising B-Air and depending on % you can get a second B-Air (although the last B-Air isn't a combo but is almost never avoided by opponents).

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
After having tested N-Air extensively after a discussion that was had previously, I am 99% certain that the opponent can ALWAYS act out before Mewtwo from a cancelled N-Air. The opponent can either jump aways or N-Air/Jab Mewtwo before Mewtwo can get any tilt hit.

I've done N-Air cancel into bufferd Jab/F-Tilt, which basically means I was frame perfect and a Mario was still able to jab me during the animation before my tail hit him (with Jab I got the "dark energy" visual effect but Mario wasn't hurt).

So while land cancelled N-Air can be used as a mix up, expect experienced players to counter any follow up easily with a jab.

Down-Tilt into Forward-Air is guaranteed at almost all %s (how long it works depends on opponent's character and DI), I don't know why you said it isn't.

You can also Up-Tilt into U-Air into Rising B-Air and depending on % you can get a second B-Air (although the last B-Air isn't a combo but is almost never avoided by opponents).
Thanks for the help, I'm going to see if I can find a true combo that can be used by my weird discovery. Sorry, I'm only new to mewtwo as I just got him yesterday, and I'm trying to help my fellow mewtwo mains find new tech.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Thanks for the help, I'm going to see if I can find a true combo that can be used by my weird discovery. Sorry, I'm only new to mewtwo as I just got him yesterday, and I'm trying to help my fellow mewtwo mains find new tech.
It's fine, post everything you find, I am not trying to dissuade you from doing so :). I myself thought N-Air also comboed for a while because someone else also posted the same info as you but I have found that in actual practice vs other players some players act aggressively instead of defensively and these are the ones that can normally punish my N-Air combos before I can punish them, thus meaning that either I really suck at timing (which I doubt because I am certain I am buffering the tilt) or N-Air just isn't a true combo.

Anyways I myself am also trying to find combos to share.

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
I have some Mewtwo tech to share with you guys.

Are you talking about this?

You get 4-5 frames less landing lag using teleport like that. It seems to work by using it at a certain height, more precisely at the top height of your first jump.
In regards to this, here's one trick you can do: Full Hop -> Immediate Airdodge -> Do what the above image does.

By doing this, not only do you make the move slightly safer to do, but also easier to time since the airdodge ends at around the perfect height to be able to pull this off more consistently.

Of course, it's still a bit difficult to do consistently, but it can be done with practice.

Another thing you can perfectly time using this trick is this: Full Hop -> Immediate Airdodge -> Fully Charged Shadowball.

Doing this will give you the perfect height to slide across the ground with a fully charged Shadowball. And like the teleport technique above, it becomes safer since you are airdodging.

I've also been able to get U-Air -> B-Air (and the true combo set ups) although it's really situational depending on how your U-Air hit the opponent and which direction he was knocked back..
In regards to this, SH Uair (sweetspotted) -> Land -> Followup is a very risky/tricky but rewarding setup that can lead into some unique combos.

Uair -> Grab

Uair -> Jab 1

Uair -> Utilt

Uair -> Usmash

Uair -> Fair

Uair -> Uair

Of course, the reason why these are so risky are due to two factors. One, because these are mostly heavily percent specific. And two, being that the front sweetspoted hitbox of Uair...well, it's almost like you have to hit with his body instead of his tail. :/

However, I have discovered something interesting with SH Uair as a setup tool: The reverse sweetspoted hitbox of the move, for these purposes, is larger than the front hitbox. And thus, by having Mewtwo facing away from your opponent instead of towards them, the chances at which you can land the sweetspot of Uair increases.

By doing this trick, the following thus becomes possible:

Reverse Uair -> Turnaround Grab

Reverse Uair -> Turnaround Jab 1

Reverse Uair -> Utilt

Reverse Uair -> Usmash

Reverse Uair -> Turnaround Fair

Reverse Uair -> Bair

Reverse Uair -> Uair

Do take note that because you have to turn around for some of these attacks to connect, you lose out on a couple of frames. Thankfully, sweetspotted Uair causes a good amount of hitstun at around 50% on Mario. So you can start trying these combos out at around that percent.

The applications of SH sweetspoted Uair are still limited even with this technique though, as they are still heavily percent based. But reversing Uair can help with the range situation a little bit, even if you lose out a bit on frame advantage.

Also, because your back is facing towards the opponent, you can mixup a reverse SH Uair with Bair to further increase your range. Or if you really want to confuse your opponent: Confusion, Fully Charged Shadowball, Teleport, and Air Dodge are all valid escape options depending on the situation.

Lastly, perfectly short-hopped Dair is a decent KO move on the stage that can catch opponents by surprise sometimes. And you won't suffer any landing lag if you perfectly time it. Unfortunately it doesn't kill as early as some of his other options, but it's a nice trick to try out in certain situations.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
found out a great set up for the deadly Rising Claw combo!

DTilt Sweetspot -> Rising Claw Combo (Double Jump -> UAir (Rising)-> FAir (Claw)) 80-85%

its a 3 true combo hit on Mario and can kill at the ledge. however the timing is really strickt!
if you miss the timing with the Jump Cancle and UAir, the DTilt-> UAir isnt a true combo.
if you miss the timing with UAir, the UAir -> FAir isnt a true combo.

however, the miss is only in like 1-2 frames, meaning that it still is kinda safe to do

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
I only just picked up Mew2, but I'll share my throw combos!
Uthrow -> Nair
Dthrow -> Fair
Dthrow -> Dash -> Fair

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Reminds me of the My Smash Corner video that just recently came out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diKq-5VgQa0

EDIT: It's at the 1:53 minute mark.

This was known since day 1. It can be DIed out of it though by DIing into the strong hit. Also some chars can just DI downwards and shield and then punish you. It also only works on Fast Fallers, it sort of works on others chars until a certain %.

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This was known since day 1. It can be DIed out of it though by DIing into the strong hit. Also some chars can just DI downwards and shield and then punish you. It also only works on Fast Fallers, it sort of works on others chars until a certain %.
Ah I see that's pretty disappointing. I'm going to mess around with it a bit though since it could have dome potential.

k0.

Smash Rookie
NNID
damon0722
Don't think I saw any of this mentioned in this thread, so I just thought I'd share some basic movement/neutral stuff that I like to do with Mewtwo.

First off is just a combination of running, Shadow Ball, and shielding. While running, except for during his initial dash animation, Mewtwo can cancel his run with his neutral B, which can then be cancelled by his shield obviously. This serves a similar purpose to how Sonic players charge their Spin Dash, then immediately cancel it by shielding: as a fakeout sort of mindgame. It can also be used to stop your run in general, and allows to get small amount of charge on your SB on the fly. Just keep in mind that when SB is fully charged, it can't be cancelled by your shield once you've hit the input. So if you want to keep this as an option, but still want to have a strong Shadow Ball at your disposal, keep your SB almost fully charged but not all the way.

Inputs: forward on control stick (dash) > let go of control stick > neutral b > shield

These other 2 are simpler, just some things I feel like really help Mewtwo. You guys know that Mewtwo's jab has a pop-up effect which can sometimes lead into other things such as grab or Dtilt, so I like to incorporate pivot jabs into my gameplay. Not necessarily a perfect pivot jab, which is also a good option but a bit slower. Jab also has a bit more range that it appears to have, so pivot jabs tend to catch opponents off guard.

Last thing I wanted to mention is using Mewtwo's initial dash into Dtilt. All this does is let you approach, albeit unsafely, with Mewtwo's Dtilt, arguably is his best poking/spacing/combo starting move in the nuetral. Just hit the control stick to initiate his initial dash animation, then buffer the Dtilt while the animation is ending. If you're getting a dash attack, you're hitting the Dtilt input too early. Again, this isn't exactly safe, but it gives you another approach option and possibly fruitful results if used successfully, rather than only being able to use Dtilt while stationary or after dropping your shield.

You guys may have already known about all of this, but I just thought I'd share it because I haven't seen it posted anywhere, just in case anyone hadn't thought about any of this!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
only problem with that tech is that Mewtwos Start up on Shadow Ball always has start up that is unskippable. it is worth to think of to use in mix up, but using it constantly is punishable thanks to the start up

I know a tech that isnt been said here with mewtwo (which I assume everyone knows thanks yoshi has it aswell), but Mewtwo will gain all the momentum if you jump backward on the double jump but only at the same time!
that means you can Jump -> B-reverse Side B -> Backward Double Jump -> B-Reverse Side B.
that way you can be really unpredicable with your moments

k0.

Smash Rookie
NNID
damon0722
The startup animation is there, yes, but it can still be cancelled pretty quickly. You would only use this from a distance anyway, never really in close quarters.

And yeah, Mewtwo's momentum can be really weird and unpredictable if with Confusion in addition to his double jump. It can be pretty easy to throw off opponents.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The startup animation is there, yes, but it can still be cancelled pretty quickly. You would only use this from a distance anyway, never really in close quarters.

And yeah, Mewtwo's momentum can be really weird and unpredictable if with Confusion in addition to his double jump. It can be pretty easy to throw off opponents.
That startup is way too much to call this a useful tech. I mean Mewtwo's shadowball has one of the slowest start ups of any charge move and you don't see Samus and Lucarios using this. The reason Sonic can get away with it is because he can cancel his Spin Dash on any frame, it's just like if he was standing, there is no lag.

If you use this to approach there are close to 21 frames for start up and I believe close to 12-17 frames for a complete Shield Drop. That's about more than half a second where you can't do anything. You might think this isn't much and you can get away with it but just think about the fact that Mewtwo's F-Smash only has about 27 frames of end-lag (I believe).

So performing an F-Smash is actually safer than performing this technique. In fact none of Mewtwo's attacks have more than 30 frames of end-lag. Almost no attack in Smash has that much lag and you know that some attacks are extremely punisheable, so imagine how punishable this tech truly is.

Sure you'll spend one third of the technique inside a shield which is relatively safe, but if the opponent is smart he will just start to grab you.

only problem with that tech is that Mewtwos Start up on Shadow Ball always has start up that is unskippable. it is worth to think of to use in mix up, but using it constantly is punishable thanks to the start up

I know a tech that isnt been said here with mewtwo (which I assume everyone knows thanks yoshi has it aswell), but Mewtwo will gain all the momentum if you jump backward on the double jump but only at the same time!
that means you can Jump -> B-reverse Side B -> Backward Double Jump -> B-Reverse Side B.
that way you can be really unpredicable with your moments
I don't understand what you mean by Backward Double Jump. Are you saying you can make Mewtwo face the other way when doing a Double Jump without having to input a move??

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I don't understand what you mean by Backward Double Jump. Are you saying you can make Mewtwo face the other way when doing a Double Jump without having to input a move??
imaging if you are jumping at the right and having momentum, when you will do your second jump you will have your controll stick at the opposite direction (left, and you can hold the stick to the left before jumping). by doing this will you make mewtwo gain all the Right momentum into the left momentum. I do believe you can jump to either side at maximun momentum when you are not moving at all!

and no, all Multi Jumpers + Yoshi has the benefit to turn around while jumping, but sadly Mewtwo isnt one of them

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
imaging if you are jumping at the right and having momentum, when you will do your second jump you will have your controll stick at the opposite direction (left, and you can hold the stick to the left before jumping). by doing this will you make mewtwo gain all the Right momentum into the left momentum. I do believe you can jump to either side at maximun momentum when you are not moving at all!

and no, all Multi Jumpers + Yoshi has the benefit to turn around while jumping, but sadly Mewtwo isnt one of them
Ummm, I think you're wrong there. Mewtwo's second jump replaces your momentum, it doesn't transfer it. Even when jumping forward it slows you down then boosts you. What I mean is, this is a property of the jump itself, it isn't a tech or have any special inputs. Mewtwo just replaces his current momentum with a new momentum.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You can basically treat Mewtwo's second jump like Ness's (and soon to be Lucas's). Ness's speed
during his jump is a bit more consistent compared to Mewtwo though it gains less height.

What sets Mewtwo apart from Ness or any other character with a unique second jump is that he can cancel
it in several useful ways. By that I mean while it's not truly specific to him (any unique second jump can be canceled with
specials), his methods for doing so are generally safer and more applicable in terms of shifting his movement.

First there's Confusion, which comes with a bounce if you haven't used it already in the air and still allows you
to control his horizontal momentum. Disable almost completely halts any momentum Mewtwo had in his jump
making it good for when you want to double jump but not go high, while preserving the confusion jump. Then there's
Teleport which can of course move Mewtwo fairly far in any given direction, and is used quite a lot during his recovery.
And finally there's shadow ball recoil which is very situational but can pay off greatly.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You can basically treat Mewtwo's second jump like Ness's (and soon to be Lucas's). Ness's speed
during his jump is a bit more consistent compared to Mewtwo though it gains less height.

What sets Mewtwo apart from Ness or any other character with a unique second jump is that he can cancel
it in several useful ways. By that I mean while it's not truly specific to him (any unique second jump can be canceled with
specials), his methods for doing so are generally safer and more applicable in terms of shifting his movement.

First there's Confusion, which comes with a bounce if you haven't used it already in the air and still allows you
to control his horizontal momentum. Disable almost completely halts any momentum Mewtwo had in his jump
making it good for when you want to double jump but not go high, while preserving the confusion jump. Then there's
Teleport which can of course move Mewtwo fairly far in any given direction, and is used quite a lot during his recovery.
And finally there's shadow ball recoil which is very situational but can pay off greatly.
Disable also very briefly slows down your fall. I don't know if that piece of information will ever be useful in any way, but it's a nice trivia.

Last edited:

k0.

Smash Rookie
NNID
damon0722
That startup is way too much to call this a useful tech. I mean Mewtwo's shadowball has one of the slowest start ups of any charge move and you don't see Samus and Lucarios using this. The reason Sonic can get away with it is because he can cancel his Spin Dash on any frame, it's just like if he was standing, there is no lag.

If you use this to approach there are close to 21 frames for start up and I believe close to 12-17 frames for a complete Shield Drop. That's about more than half a second where you can't do anything. You might think this isn't much and you can get away with it but just think about the fact that Mewtwo's F-Smash only has about 27 frames of end-lag (I believe).

So performing an F-Smash is actually safer than performing this technique. In fact none of Mewtwo's attacks have more than 30 frames of end-lag. Almost no attack in Smash has that much lag and you know that some attacks are extremely punisheable, so imagine how punishable this tech truly is.

Sure you'll spend one third of the technique inside a shield which is relatively safe, but if the opponent is smart he will just start to grab you.
Whatever you say man. I've used it as a mindgame tool many times and it's worked out for me. As long as you use it safely and from a distance, you definitely will not get punished for it. Remember, you can shoot the Shadow Ball too rather than shielding. All it does is keep your opponents guessing.

Here's a prime example of me using it. It's a very simple concept.
Edit: sorry for potato quality

Last edited:

humblepawn

Smash Rookie
NNID
humblepawn
While not true combos, I often catch people with these strings at low-medium percents:
a. jab>down tilt>full hop fair>fast fall nair> grab/pivot grab (they often land behind you).
b. jab>down tilt>short hop up air>up smash
Also, I dunno if this was mentioned, at higher percents you can usually string jab to disable.
Against opponents returning to the stage, I like to toss out an uncharged shadow ball to bait an air jump and proceed punish with a series of back airs to seal the stock.

Lyled

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm interested to pick up Mewtwo and was messing around with him and I found this string. I'm pretty sure it's been done previously but couldn't find it in the forums after a quick search. Just wanted to ask if it's a viable combo in real gameplay. Thanks :D

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Hi, I'm interested to pick up Mewtwo and was messing around with him and I found this string. I'm pretty sure it's been done previously but couldn't find it in the forums after a quick search. Just wanted to ask if it's a viable combo in real gameplay. Thanks :D

Interesting! the Fairs will true combo/link but the DA will not true combo, however, if you use Dtilt it will probably true until the dair, which is a very good situational follow-up. Is it okay if I test this out more and add it to the Mewtwo compilation thread?

Lyled

Smash Rookie
Interesting! the Fairs will true combo/link but the DA will not true combo, however, if you use Dtilt it will probably true until the dair, which is a very good situational follow-up. Is it okay if I test this out more and add it to the Mewtwo compilation thread?
Yes, please do :D I was just messing around trying to find a way to meteor the opponent lol.

I personally don't have too much time to test it out as I'm constantly busy with my work. This exact string worked on Pac-man in training mode but Megaman and Lucina fell out of the first fair if it helps. Could possibly work at higher percents though.

Edit: I tested the string starting with dtilt. Worked on Charizard at 10% but the 2nd fair to dair is probably not a true combo as Yoshi was able to jump out of it.

Last edited:

Alses

Smash Apprentice
Are you talking about this?

You get 4-5 frames less landing lag using teleport like that. It seems to work by using it at a certain height, more precisely at the top height of your first jump.
Just wanted to say that this is based more on the angle used in relation to height, it is possible to use short hop and teleport at a slight downward angle to the side and get this effect. Full Hop and perfect 45 is just the easiest one to do since you don't need to hold the analog stick in an generally unused angle.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Not sure if you guys know this but mewtwo can teleport cancel into double jump cancel onto stage lagless.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I mean on lylat. Try using teleport cancel then mash jump back to stage and ou can do a instent smash attack sheild or even tilt. Im making a video of it.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Info dump inbound
Just some notes I took the other day. Maybe it is all known but it would take me several years to read through this whole thread.
Sh is short hop
Fj is full jump
ff is fast fall
dj is double jump

Also i know side b dosent net you any frame advantage but it still looks cool and can catch people unaware. So all the stuff in here is pretty right aside from this.

Fox
0%
dtilt→dtilt→uptilt-→uptilt
dtilt→dtilt→uptilt→upsmash
31%
dtilt→(airdodge 50/50) fj sour dair→side b→dj sour fair→fair

Shiek
0%
dtilt→upsmash
dtilt→uptilt
21%
dtilt→fj sour fair→dj Fair
dtilt→fj sour fair→side b→dj fair
dtilt→fj sour fair→side b→dj fair→ff shadow ball
fj sour fair→ff fair
fj sour fair→ ff shadowball
uptilt→fj bair→(airdodge 50/50) bair→(airdodge 50/50) dj bair
uptilt→fj bair→(airdodge 50/50) nair
uptilt→rar fj revers bair→(airdodge 50/50) fair→dj fair
uptilt→rar fj revers bair→(airdodge 50/50) fair→side b→dj fair
uptilt→rar fj revers bair→(airdodge 50/50) up air
dtilt→(no option) footstool→djc shadowball (lock)

Rosalina & Luma
0%
dthrow→(airdodge read) shadow ball
dthrow→(airdodge read) down b (see 10% combos)
dthrow→(airdodge read) dtilt (see dtilt combos)
dthrow→(airdodge 50/50) side b (see side b combos)
dtilt→up smash
dtilt→up tilt
dtilt→fj fair→(airdodge 50/50) fair
dtilt→fj fair→(airdodge 50/50) up air
dtilt→fj fair→(airdodge 50/50) side b→dj fair→ff fair
dtitlt→fj fair→ (airdodge 50/50) dj nair→fair
dtitlt→fj fair→ (airdodge 50/50) dj nair→bair
dtitlt→fj fair→ (airdodge 50/50) dj nair→side b→(airdodge 50/50) up air
dtitlt→fj fair→ (airdodge 50/50) dj nair→side b→(airdodge read) shadow ball
falling fair→up tilt
fj nair→dj fair→ff fair
fj nair→dj bair→(airdodge 50/50) ff bair
fj nair→side b→dj fair→ff fair
fj nair→side b→dj fair→side b→(airdodge 50/50) up air
fj nair→side b→dj fair→side b→(aidodge read) shadow ball
fj nair→dj nair→side b→(airdodge 50/50) up air
fj nair→dj nair→side b→(aidodge read) shadow ball
fj fair→ff fair
fj fair→ff nair→jab→(see 20% combos)
10%
(near ledge) sh dair→side b→dj fair ff fair
20%
dtilt→fair→(airdodge 50/50) dj fair
dtilt→fair→side b→dj fair→(no option) shadow ball
dtilt→fair→side b→dj nair→fair
dtilt→fair→side b→dj nair→bair
dtilt→fair→side b→dj nair→side b→(airdodge 50/50) up air
dtilt→fair→side b→dj nair→side b→(airdodge read) shadow ball

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Info dump inbound
Just some notes I took the other day. Maybe it is all known but it would take me several years to read through this whole thread.
Sh is short hop
Fj is full jump
ff is fast fall
dj is double jump

Also i know side b dosent net you any frame advantage but it still looks cool and can catch people unaware. So all the stuff in here is pretty right aside from this.

Fox
0%
dtilt→dtilt→uptilt-→uptilt
dtilt→dtilt→uptilt→upsmash
31%
dtilt→(airdodge 50/50) fj sour dair→side b→dj sour fair→fair

Shiek
0%
dtilt→upsmash
dtilt→uptilt
21%
dtilt→fj sour fair→dj Fair
dtilt→fj sour fair→side b→dj fair
dtilt→fj sour fair→side b→dj fair→ff shadow ball
fj sour fair→ff fair
fj sour fair→ ff shadowball
uptilt→fj bair→(airdodge 50/50) bair→(airdodge 50/50) dj bair
uptilt→fj bair→(airdodge 50/50) nair
uptilt→rar fj revers bair→(airdodge 50/50) fair→dj fair
uptilt→rar fj revers bair→(airdodge 50/50) fair→side b→dj fair
uptilt→rar fj revers bair→(airdodge 50/50) up air
dtilt→(no option) footstool→djc shadowball (lock)

Rosalina & Luma
0%
dthrow→(airdodge read) shadow ball
dthrow→(airdodge read) down b (see 10% combos)
dthrow→(airdodge read) dtilt (see dtilt combos)
dthrow→(airdodge 50/50) side b (see side b combos)
dtilt→up smash
dtilt→up tilt
dtilt→fj fair→(airdodge 50/50) fair
dtilt→fj fair→(airdodge 50/50) up air
dtilt→fj fair→(airdodge 50/50) side b→dj fair→ff fair
dtitlt→fj fair→ (airdodge 50/50) dj nair→fair
dtitlt→fj fair→ (airdodge 50/50) dj nair→bair
dtitlt→fj fair→ (airdodge 50/50) dj nair→side b→(airdodge 50/50) up air
dtitlt→fj fair→ (airdodge 50/50) dj nair→side b→(airdodge read) shadow ball
falling fair→up tilt
fj nair→dj fair→ff fair
fj nair→dj bair→(airdodge 50/50) ff bair
fj nair→side b→dj fair→ff fair
fj nair→side b→dj fair→side b→(airdodge 50/50) up air
fj nair→side b→dj fair→side b→(aidodge read) shadow ball
fj nair→dj nair→side b→(airdodge 50/50) up air
fj nair→dj nair→side b→(aidodge read) shadow ball
fj fair→ff fair
fj fair→ff nair→jab→(see 20% combos)
10%
(near ledge) sh dair→side b→dj fair ff fair
20%
dtilt→fair→(airdodge 50/50) dj fair
dtilt→fair→side b→dj fair→(no option) shadow ball
dtilt→fair→side b→dj nair→fair
dtilt→fair→side b→dj nair→bair
dtilt→fair→side b→dj nair→side b→(airdodge 50/50) up air
dtilt→fair→side b→dj nair→side b→(airdodge read) shadow ball
Thanks for doing this, but you do know we have a combo compendium right? If you are looking for combos you might want to look there. It's not finished but we are always looking for new combos.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
I have no idea if anyone knows this, I'm guessing obviously some do but I haven't seen anyone use/mention it, so sorry in advance.

Ok, so confusion in the air is pretty good right? You can usually follow up with a double jump fair. With confusion, you can actually pull people off the ground by jumping then immediately using side B. This will grab the opponent and pull them off the ground as if it's been used in this air. You have to do it so confusion comes out directly above their heads (Confusion has a huge "grab box"), this means that it doesn't work on short characters, but works extremely well on characters like Bowser, Ganon etc as the grab box is so generous.

It even works on Sheik and ZSS, although, Sheik is pretty hard to grab as she's so slender. I've only tested it on C.Falcon, Bowser, ZSS, Sheik and Kirby(couldn't grab Kirby) so far.

I really think this could be an amazing mix up for Mewtwo especially against large characters because the grab box is huge and is pretty hard to miss characters like Bowser.

Also, I use R for jump, this also happens to make this easier.

Edit: I've also found it's probably best to double jump in place or maybe slightly away when using fair (I use c-stick for aerials when doing this kind of movement) to not move yourself into their fast aerial or whatever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom