• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid Prime: Federation Force Thread

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They gave us a traditional platformer with Other M, and people threw a **** fit when they found out how awful the framework was. At least FedForce is admitting itself to be a spinoff, Other M was supposed to be canonical and botched itself horribly.
I'm not sure what your point is exactly. Other M's reveal went over pretty well, it wasn't until later and when people started getting the game in their hands that the uproar began.

FedForce blatantly admitting itself to be a spinoff that deviates so far from typical Metroid affair in most regards is exactly the problem people are having with it given the lack of a presence the series has had in any form since Other M (excluding Smash). Metroid Prime Pinball was also another radically different Metroid spin-off, but as that game occurred right in the middle of getting multiple highly-regarded more standard Metroid games, people didn't have a problem with its existence.

The outcry is mostly only in relation to the timing of the announcement. If a more traditional Metroid was announced this year instead, and then FedForce was announced next year, there'd be significantly less backlash.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Apart from the expansions and Affinity Weapons in Hunters, there were also the Octoliths, collectible McGuffins guarded by various eyeballs and rotating towers, which Samus needed to activate the plot-advancing Alimbic Cannon and open the final level, the Oubliette. These could be stolen from Samus if an opposing Hunter killed you, but that never happened to me.

I'm hoping this is a Hunters prequel just on the idea that Sylux's segment in Hunters' intro becomes an actual level or boss fight. Hell, it'd be a massive wasted opportunity if they didn't do that.
Yeah, but the Octoliths didn't do anything except advancing the plot, right? My point (which, in retrospect, was not worded properly) is that the Federation Troopers wouldn't be limited in that same type of game by not being able to get upgrades that Samus did, as expanding basic weapon/defense capabilities would be a reasonable thing even for just a regular soldier. Although I guess they could even decide to allow the troopers to upgrade their suits in some way if they really wanted to, it wouldn't be unprecedented given the existence of P.E.D. Suits. They'd just have to do it a bit differently.

Anyway, yeah, I'm in the same boat. Especially since that would allow for a better context within the Metroid series as a whole, I'd really love to see Sylux make an appearance of some sort in the game. I mean, it's been almost 10 years since Sylux was first introduced and we still know next-to-nothing. It's clear Sylux's story isn't intended to be a dead end given Prime 3, so it'd be nice to finally figure out where that's headed.

They gave us a traditional platformer with Other M, and people threw a **** fit when they found out how awful the framework was. At least FedForce is admitting itself to be a spinoff, Other M was supposed to be canonical and botched itself horribly.
I feel like "traditional" should be used lightly when talking about Other M. I know there are people who will say that the gameplay was fine and it was just the story that was a problem, but they diverged a decent amount from the traditional formula in my opinion. Sensemove and Concentration added a weird dynamic to combat, it was more linear than any previous Metroid game, and it was full of long cutscenes, not to mention that you actually collected barely any powerups. Other M makes my skin crawl story-wise, but for me its gameplay leaves a lot to be desired too.

(I can't tell exactly what you're saying here, so I may either be disagreeing with you or just nitpicking at wording.)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, but the Octoliths didn't do anything except advancing the plot, right? My point (which, in retrospect, was not worded properly) is that the Federation Troopers wouldn't be limited in that same type of game by not being able to get upgrades that Samus did, as expanding basic weapon/defense capabilities would be a reasonable thing even for just a regular soldier. Although I guess they could even decide to allow the troopers to upgrade their suits in some way if they really wanted to, it wouldn't be unprecedented given the existence of P.E.D. Suits. They'd just have to do it a bit differently.

Anyway, yeah, I'm in the same boat. Especially since that would allow for a better context within the Metroid series as a whole, I'd really love to see Sylux make an appearance of some sort in the game. I mean, it's been almost 10 years since Sylux was first introduced and we still know next-to-nothing. It's clear Sylux's story isn't intended to be a dead end given Prime 3, so it'd be nice to finally figure out where that's headed.
The Octoliths were simply mandatory plot keys, yes. Apart from that they were arguably insignificant compared to the expansions and weapons.

Considering that the game appears to follow a mission based kind of game, there could be a focus on purchasing upgrades as opposed to finding them; sort of like Peace Walker. Sure, you have a story and all, but if it's mission based, then that's a perfect way to justify not finding upgrades.

This game just begs to have Sylux appear in it. The video I linked on the last page pretty much shows what it would be like. Co-op boss battles in a shooter game certainly aren't a foreign thing, so I'd love to see how they'd do it in a scenario where the opponent is your size and not a giant robot or something.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pardon the double, but the petition seems to have stopped growing. All this time and it hasn't broken 22K.

Interesting.

D

Deleted member

When you realize that this game's announcement is the highlight of last E3's negativity as a whole before Iwata's passing, I think the Metroid franchise and its fanbase can hardly become even more cursed...

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
What if this game actually has both a Federation campaign where you can play as Samus and a Space Pirate campaign where you can play as Ridley? That'd be really interesting.

I'm expecting Ridley to show up in some capacity, at least; the *******'s too iconic to drop even for spinoff titles (if he's in the pinball game, he can be in FedForce). :p

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What if this game actually has both a Federation campaign where you can play as Samus and a Space Pirate campaign where you can play as Ridley? That'd be really interesting.

I'm expecting Ridley to show up in some capacity, at least; the *******'s too iconic to drop even for spinoff titles (if he's in the pinball game, he can be in FedForce). :p
Well, he didn't appear in Hunters, Metroid II, or Prime 2, so I don't think it's necessarily guaranteed that he will make an appearance.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Well, he didn't appear in Hunters, Metroid II, or Prime 2, so I don't think it's necessarily guaranteed that he will make an appearance.
That's only three games, the last fo which is nearing or has exceeded 10 years old. :p Ridley's sort of become the main antagonist of the series, so really if we have Bowser and Ganondorf, we should also at some point have K.Rool and Ridley to flesh ouit the mainn villain group.

I don't count Dedede because he's more a bumbling ruler than an outright villain.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's only three games, the last fo which is nearing or has exceeded 10 years old. :p Ridley's sort of become the main antagonist of the series, so really if we have Bowser and Ganondorf, we should also at some point have K.Rool and Ridley to flesh ouit the mainn villain group.

I don't count Dedede because he's more a bumbling ruler than an outright villain.
Regardless of being only three games, it's still enough to consider the possibility of Ridley not appearing in this one.

Though Ridley not appearing in Federation Force would bring a sort of balance to the games he hasn't appeared in; two main line games(Echoes, Return of Samus) and two spinoffs(Hunters, Federation Force).

------------------------

Calling Ridley the main antagonist of Metroid is somewhat misleading; a main antagonist would always be the central threat of the plot and/or final boss. As an example, Master Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts.

Xehanort is the overall antagonist of the series. With the two exceptions of Sora's story in Chain of Memories and coded, a Xehanort is always the main enemy of the individual games. and if he doesn't fill the position, his actions are helping drive the plot somehow. It is important to specify "a" Xehanort, because there are several Xehanorts in the series as well as various alternate incarnations of Xehanort that go by different names. However, they are ultimately all different aspects of the same being, and they all aspire to more or less the same goal: to claim the power of Kingdom Hearts and unravel the mysteries of the universe, even if they have to destroy that universe to find the answers they crave.

With the exception of Zero Mission for point of being the final boss, Ridley has never been the driving threat in games he appears in:

Metroid: Mother Brain is the final boss and central threat
Super Metroid: re: mother brain
Zero Mission: Harder to pin down since re:mother brain would technically apply but the Space Pirates in general
Fusion: SA-X was the main threat
Prime: Phazon/the titular Metroid Prime was causing the chaos
Corruption: Dark Samus was the driving force of everything
Other M: re: mother brain

By definition and technicalities alone, it's erroneous to call Ridley the main antagonist of Metroid; most recurring villain, however, is easier to understand.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Prime 2 being ten years old would make it seem a lot less relevant if the last ten years hadn't been a pretty significant dry spell for the Metroid series, and "only three games" is more than a quarter of the Metroid games (not including Prime Trilogy as a separate game) so that's nothing to sneeze at.

Also, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A is right; Ridley appears frequently and is a significant player in Samus's backstory, but as a whole is never really the driving force of it all. I think you could make an argument for him being a central villain in Super Metroid despite not being the final boss (since he initiates the plot by stealing the metroid larva), but other than that he's kind of just a recurring villain, and I don't really feel like the Metroid series "needs" Ridley (or any character) as a primary villain anyway. I think the series functions pretty well with a unique primary threat in each game, and I'd actually be kind of disappointed if Ridley suddenly became just a villain to default to in every game since I've found some of the main villains to be pretty compelling.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think Ridley would appear, my point is simply that, particularly with this being a spin-off, I don't think it's guaranteed that he'll show up.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A is right; Ridley appears frequently and is a significant player in Samus's backstory, but as a whole is never really the driving force of it all. I think you could make an argument for him being a central villain in Super Metroid despite not being the final boss (since he initiates the plot by stealing the metroid larva), but other than that he's kind of just a recurring villain, and I don't really feel like the Metroid series "needs" Ridley (or any character) as a primary villain anyway. I think the series functions pretty well with a unique primary threat in each game, and I'd actually be kind of disappointed if Ridley suddenly became just a villain to default to in every game since I've found some of the main villains to be pretty compelling.
Ridley was likely acting under orders from Mother Brain as in the original Metroid, as while he initiates the plot, he's still not the ultimate threat and otherwise plays the part he did in the original; a lieutenant to Mother Brain. With the exception of Gorea(because as much as I like the fight itself the lore is seriously boring), every new threat for each game has otherwise been compelling as you said. Though who knows how they'll manage Ridley chronologically after Fusion since he's dead as of Super Metroid and no other clones exist that we know of.

Speaking of chronologically and Ridley, unless they pull another clone scenario or that Ridley is part of a species that we haven't seen in full capacity yet, I'm finding it increasingly hard to justify his possible appearance in Federation Force story-wise. Don't get me wrong, I don't oppose it, but there is evidence to support it. FF is likely to take place between Zero Mission(just using it to avoid confusion since it's otherwise the original Metroid) and Return of Samus; in Tanabe's words, "like the other Primes did", and is a spinoff, so likely to take the Hunters route and cram itself as a side story between any of the three main games. This, in turn, leaves several possible scenarios:

- Prime-->Fed. Force--->Hunters
- Hunters-->Fed. Force--->Echoes
- Echoes-->Fed. Force--->Corruption

Now, if you ask me, I believe scenario 1 to be the most likely time period, which in turn would highlight the theory I have of Ridley not appearing. SOMETHING was happening with him during Echoes, most likely being reconstructed by the Pirates for Corruption, so there is reason to believe that Federation Force could establish this idea by having him not appear, maybe explaining it in a logbook or something.

By looking at the timeline, there is a two year gap between Prime and Corruption; ample time to rebuild Ridley.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Or maybe, since they seem to be going in a radical new direction, they could just go full ham and give Ridley a mecha to pilot? :p

More logically, I suppose it'd be neat to see FedForce be a linking between Corruption and Super to explain how he went from a cyborg to a fully organic being. Maybe have him start the game off as Omega Ridley, then as the game progresses and he begins regenerating the damaged cells, he slowly sheds his metal shell until he finally becomes a fully organic being for a final battle that ends with him retreating to live another day, with a post-credits scene involving a Space Pirate relaying the fact that Samus plans to deliver a Metroid to Ceres to Ridley, setting up for the plot of Super Metroid to start.

Would make more sense than totally leaving him out; he's too iconic to the franchise at this point.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/metroi...the-dark-samus-story-is-complete#.Va6bEPlVikq

CG Mag: So for the story, will you be carrying over any of the story elements we saw in the previous Metroid Prime games into this one?

Tanabe: So the story around Basin and Dark Samus in my mind is already complete. The previous games completed those stories. But Are you familiar with the ending of Prime 3?

CG Mag: Yes.

Tanabe: Sylux is one of the hunters that was in Metroid Prime Hunters. So in Metroid Prime 3, there’s sort of hints where Sylux is sort of there. In a way to sort of create that potential for the story, between Samus and Sylux. I’d like to have that with a focus on the Federation Force as well.

CG Mag: So it is tying together a universe?

Tanabe: That is the focus of Federation Force. It works in a similar way to the Avengers where they had individual movies focus in on one hero and now this is the team up that brings it all together.

CG Mag: So kind of telling the stories of each hero.

Tanabe: So while we’re not carrying anything related to Dark Samus in the huge universe of Metroid Prime, I do have ideas on how to tie them with that universe of the previous games.
If we're reading this correctly SYLUX IS IN FEDERATION FORCE.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Would make more sense than totally leaving him out; he's too iconic to the franchise at this point.
I mean, Ganon is definitely iconic to the Zelda franchise at this point but he still doesn't appear in every game, and I'm still a little confused as to what makes Ridley so much more iconic to the series now than he used to be aside from appearing in a few more games. His role in Prime 3 -- despite having two forms -- was arguably one of his least significant ones, and I guess he played a role in Other M but it was mostly just mystery for the sake of a plot twist and then Samus didn't even end up as the one who took him down after all of the drama. The whole "killed Samus's parents" idea has been a thing for a while and Other M didn't even delve into that, just ever-so-vaguely made a nod to it in a poorly written, poorly characterized sequence.

I wouldn't mind a link between Corruption and Super to explain how Ridley's change happened, but honestly the thing I'm most interested in FF offering -- and what I think we're most likely to see -- is a Sylux backstory. I feel like, if Ridley appears, he'll just end up being thrown in for the heck of it and won't play a significant role, particularly since I think it would cheapen Samus's role if GF troopers end up taking him on and winning.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I kind of want a fight between Ridley and Sylux.

It'd be cool if Sylux hated the Space Pirates as much as the federation.

Then maybe we could have a 4 way free for all.

Samus vs Federation vs Ridley vs Sylux

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think that people would be calling it wrong if generic troopers took on Ridley of all things, unless they try to justify it with the Pokemon Ridley seen in Other M or something. But that would screw up the timeline. Who knows. Sylux definitely looks like it could take on Ridley to some extent.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/zelda-...and-metroid-wii-u-game-developers-says-460873

I continue to wonder whether we'll see two spinoffs before Prime 4, one on 3DS and the other on Wii U. Remember in that article above where I geeked out that Fed. Force was compared to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, The Avengers to be exact. People say we'll get the next Metroid on the NX, but I'm thinking that we'll get a Twilight Princess scenario again, personally. That and there was that stuff about a Next Level Games employee about another 3DS Metroid that we haven't heard of since it happened.

Who knows.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I am so sorry for the double post but no one else has posted and this should be brought up, feel free to merge the post @ Firus Firus .

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-dev-explains-decision-to-not-focus-on-samus

But Dark Samus and Phazon, key story elements from the other Metroid Prime games, will not feature. Their story is now told, Tanabe explained. Other familiar Metroid elements such as the villain Ridley and Chozo race will also be absent.
I was on the right track this whole time. Of course they didn't want generic soldiers fighting freaking Ridley. And as a bonus, it makes perfect canonical sense considering the likely time periods I mentioned above.

"It's set on a planet which the Galactic Federation used, way back when," Tanabe continued, when asked about the game's story. "The plot involves a struggle to retake that planet. You find out that Space Pirates now reside there and are building a weapon to use against the Federation. Players will fight the Space Pirates to stop them.
Have I mentioned how much I'm dying to know what Sylux's role in this whole debacle is, if any?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I am so sorry for the double post but no one else has posted and this should be brought up, feel free to merge the post @ Firus Firus .

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-dev-explains-decision-to-not-focus-on-samus

I was on the right track this whole time. Of course they didn't want generic soldiers fighting freaking Ridley. And as a bonus, it makes perfect canonical sense considering the likely time periods I mentioned above.

Have I mentioned how much I'm dying to know what Sylux's role in this whole debacle is, if any?
He might just be doing this to throw people off; after all, if this is suppoed to be after Prime 3, it'd mean that this would be after the Omega Ridley fiasco, but before he gets a fully organic body in Super Metroid. So they could simply be making an excuse to hide him until they feel like showing him; Ridley is the most iconic Metroid character next to Samus herself these days, after all. It'd make sense that they'd try to throw us off if he's in the game, and they could be batting design ideas about that they don't feel comfortable with saying he's in the game at this stage.

...Or this could tie into Prime 4 and explain why Sylux hates the Federation; Ridley conditioned him to, and then he assigns Sylux to take out the Federation Force trying to reclaim the planet the Pirates stole from them. Ridley would still be in the game, but in a minor role that wouldn't mean much of anything outside of explaining Sylux's origins.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He might just be doing this to throw people off; after all, if this is suppoed to be after Prime 3, it'd mean that this would be after the Omega Ridley fiasco, but before he gets a fully organic body in Super Metroid. So they could simply be making an excuse to hide him until they feel like showing him; Ridley is the most iconic Metroid character next to Samus herself these days, after all. It'd make sense that they'd try to throw us off if he's in the game, and they could be batting design ideas about that they don't feel comfortable with saying he's in the game at this stage.

...Or this could tie into Prime 4 and explain why Sylux hates the Federation; Ridley conditioned him to, and then he assigns Sylux to take out the Federation Force trying to reclaim the planet the Pirates stole from them. Ridley would still be in the game, but in a minor role that wouldn't mean much of anything outside of explaining Sylux's origins.
It's true that the gaming press will often lie if it means surprise, but looking at FF as a spinoff Metroid, it does kind of make sense that Rids would be absent. The only other spinoff DS line Metroid game where that happened was Hunters, which FF seems to be following as a base despite not being outright stated.

Speaking of Sylux...

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/kensuke-tanabe-on-metroid-prime-federation-force/page-2

Screw whoever translated this, by the way.

KT: One of the bounty hunters that appeared in Prime Hunters was named Silux. I do have an idea to have Silux back and to have a story that involves Silux and Samus. In that sense, that story would possibly take place after Prime 3. But for that the Federation Force would also be involved. It would be in the big picture of it as well.

USG: You mentioned the story leading up to the future. Is that the "future" as defined in Metroid Prime 3, or are you thinking ahead to future games in the Prime Series?

KT: The whole story around Dark Samus and Phazon are complete stories. But for the future, what I have in mind is something involving Silux and Samus with the Federation Force, so to put a focus on that. While I still don’t have a concrete idea on how many games that could be involving between these two, there’s something relating to Silux that has made Silux hate Samus. So in that way, it might be backtracking a bit in the timeline to explain that a little bit, to clarify what is going to happen between the two of them.

USG: So in a way, you envision this game as a Prologue to future chapters in the Prime Series?

KT: You can say it that way, but obviously, you will be able to learn something about the Prime Universe with this game. I am definitely creating this game with it in mind that players can enjoy it as much as they did previous Prime titles. With that in mind, I would love players to experience this as well.
It's becoming questionable whether Sylux is in FF or not. Then again, it's possible a case of misleading wording, but I'm going to err on the side of caution for now.

USG: So where in the Prime timeline does it take place, then?

KT: There isn’t a very specific place within the Metroid Prime timeline, but somewhere in the Prime 1, 2, 3, Hunters, and Federation Force, it’s somewhere within that.
So we have a bit of an open idea here. Tanabe has made a statement ambiguous enough that literally any of the three time periods I mentioned above are possible. I'm still on the theory that it'll take place between Prime and Hunters myself, but unless he lets it slip in another interview, I don't expect to know until we get the game.

D

Deleted member

Well, it's gonna be 8 months Nintendo didn't give any new piece of information about this game.

And I begin to wonder... What if all the initial backlash and the petition actually convinced Nintendo to really cancel the development of the game ?

Well, it's gonna be 8 months Nintendo didn't give any new piece of information about this game.

And I begin to wonder... What if all the initial backlash and the petition actually convinced Nintendo to really cancel the development of the game ?
No way.

They aren't going to cancel a game that was teased at an event and then announced at E3 of all places just because a few people got mad.

MAYBE they changed some things. I could see that. But there is no way they outright cancelled the game from backlash

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well.... We've seen every other game that was at E3 haven't we?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
To be honest, I think they're probably still making FedForce, but probably overhauling it due to fan reception.

So I would not be surprised if they add Samus as a playable character (maybe as part of some New Game+), since that was one of the most screamed-about complaints of all (in a spinoff, you always need to play as the main character, don't 'ya know :p).

They may even decide to overhaul the game to add Ridley, as well; they may not have been planning on it, but with the backlash they may want to add more familiar elements to try and win the crowd back again.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm assuming (and hoping) this is sarcasm
It is. I would have thought the whole idea of saying that the main character always needs to stay the same in a spinoff was good enough indication I was joking. ;)

I know your biased as hell but please. Ridley isn't a selling point :p
At this point, he would be. Don't forget the immense flames FedForce got initially; slap a badass Ridley battle in that game and make Samus a New Game+ character and I think most of the fire would be quelled.

It is. I would have thought the whole idea of saying that the main character always needs to stay the same in a spinoff was good enough indication I was joking. ;)

At this point, he would be. Don't forget the immense flames FedForce got initially; slap a badass Ridley battle in that game and make Samus a New Game+ character and I think most of the fire would be quelled.
I love Ridley. One of my top 5 villains in gaming probably. Own the original social in the Space Pirate Mansion. He isn't that big of a deal, at least not one that it would quell any flame towards federation force even slightly. Ridley isn't as much of a selling point as say, Bowser or Ganondorf. (Frankly im surprised he got so much love in Nintendoland but no complaints. Metroid Blast was. . .a blast) If they want to "save" Fed Force using that kind of method gameplay an samus reworks are what they need. Everything else is too minor to really have an impact, Ridley included. Ridley being added would be nothing more than a footnote unless they do something crazy like making him show up in multiple missions, be the final boss, and generally have a major impact.

And we both know they wont do that.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A single boss battle wouldn't redeem an entire game in the fans' eyes. It might be a highlight, sure, but a genuine saving throw? No.

That's on top of their explicit intentions of leaving villains such as Ridley and Dark Samus out of the game. Plans can change down the road, yes, but until we're told otherwise, Ridley ain't in this game. Fan backlash(likely) won't change that considering Ridley wasn't even part of the backlash to begin with.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
So...Nintendo has been quiet about this game. Very quiet. Nothing has been said about it at all since E3.

It's supposed to be out during this year, but when?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well, we have a potentially confirmed leak. Pokemon Niji is definitely a thing but we've had real and fake info mixed together before.

Though, Federation Force still being a thing is a pretty safe bet.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Samus Aran's solitary war against the Space Pirates terminated their Phazon experiments on Metroids.

This game most definitely takes place after Prime 3, which wholeheartedly explains Dark Samus(and to an extent Ridley) being absent.

I have small hopes for Sylux appearing now. I am incredibly shamelessly biased.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Jesus, I'm mad now after that basic plot. Why exclude a character you explicitly made the military commander of the Space Pirates from a game about Federation soldiers fighting Space Pirates? Make him the end-game boss or something, but he should be in the game!

And even if it does take place after Prime 3, Ridley still comes back in Super in a totally organic body...which Prime 3 is before, when he's still mostly mechanical. So why not make a cyborg Ridley an endboss or something? There's no need to cut series staple characters just because Samus isn't in the game as a playable character...

Besides, it's probably one of the only ways they could get people not to froth at the mouth about FedForce besides making Samus a playable character.

The gameplay looks fine
The artstyle looks fine
The story (Federation VS Space Pirates) is something that i've wanted since I got into the series.

I'm hyped.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It looks a lot better honestly.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Looks okay. I'm not really into the Monster Hunter type teamwork focused gameplay.

Unless they show us something really special I'm probably going to pass. I don't play Metroid for the story and it seems Mr. Tezuka is saying it's supposed to be an important part.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Jesus, I'm mad now after that basic plot. Why exclude a character you explicitly made the military commander of the Space Pirates from a game about Federation soldiers fighting Space Pirates? Make him the end-game boss or something, but he should be in the game!

And even if it does take place after Prime 3, Ridley still comes back in Super in a totally organic body...which Prime 3 is before, when he's still mostly mechanical. So why not make a cyborg Ridley an endboss or something? There's no need to cut series staple characters just because Samus isn't in the game as a playable character...

Besides, it's probably one of the only ways they could get people not to froth at the mouth about FedForce besides making Samus a playable character.
Let me be honest, and at risk of pushing them oh so sensitive bias buttons.

Including one character is not going to instantly warp the fanbase's perception of Fed Force to positive(the one guarantee is that it warps YOURS because yay entitlement), due to being just one element. A boss at best, and not even close to a selling point(consider that the games without Ridley, regardless of circumstances, still did well). The fanbase was negative about the game without even touching upon the subject of Ridley, and they would still be negative even if the game by some miracle had Ridley at this point because the game exists in it's current state. And I'll be frank: you are literally the only person I have seen that takes Ridley's exclusion as a true negative. He's not in one game. Get over it.

"Oh, but you want Sylux in this game, won't you be as angry if it's not in?"

I think it'd be a missed opportunity but it wouldn't make me 200% mad the way you are.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The hate is still making me sad.

Top Bottom