• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

METROID: Other M (last updated on 8-10-09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DK2

Smash Apprentice
I think this game is gonna be sweet and it's gonna kick some major ***! :) I'm so excited about this. ^_^

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Also, she better have the Gravity suit in it. Purple Lesbian > Green Lesbian.
wait, that was mother brain? She looks different or at leats i guess i dont remembe rher that way. hmmmm

and im sorry but GREEN lesbians are MUCH more BEAUTIFUL than purple gross STRAIGHT women.

This game looks like it will OWN. I noticed Mother Brain in her Super Metroid form... HMMMM Also I hope ZSS stays far far away from gameplay. I play for the missle launching goodness, not for stealth bullcrap.
NO NO! ZS would be a good addition to the game. It would make it interesting. Like we already know she goes through training with the chozo SOOOOOOOO if they do that in the game, we could use her in her ZS and train. COOOOOOL!!!!!

this game looks awesome! not sure how much i like the third person perspective, but i think i will get used to it :D
give it a shot, it will be worth it!!!!

25th of March is my birthday.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE.

It's most probably not though, as sad as it makes me to say it.
sigh.
i just brought it up cause it caught my eye, it could mean nothing

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
1. No Metroid game takes place after Fusion, so getting all excited about a game that takes place before it is... silly?

2. Short hair? I think this may actually be before Zero Mission.

3. Speed boost in 3D Metroid.

4. No, I don't remember you.

5. Any objections, lady?

(After looking at the vid closer, my suspicion is that it's in the unspoken for interim in the MZM manga. Samus is still a member of the GF Police, but she either has already had her first encounter with Ridley on Zebes, or has it in this game. Alternatively, the plot is all over the place, and there are flashbacks.)

Zero

Smash Hero
It probably does mean nothing, going off the actual images, lack of shadows and jaggy edges, I think it's safe to say that it's a really early test version. However, 9 months is a bit of time.

It's way too early for a release date, but I can hope and dream.

@Everyone: It's definitely before Metroid Zero Mission. She's serving underneath Adam Malkovich, which was waay before Zero Mission. The manga Xyro posted on the first page is probably around the same timeline as this.

Xyro77

1. No Metroid game takes place after Fusion, so getting all excited about a game that takes place before it is... silly?

2. Short hair? I think this may actually be before Zero Mission.

3. Speed boost in 3D Metroid.

4. No, I don't remember you.

5. Any objections, lady?

(After looking at the vid closer, my suspicion is that it's in the unspoken for interim in the MZM manga. Samus is still a member of the GF Police, but she either has already had her first encounter with Ridley on Zebes, or has it in this game. Alternatively, the plot is all over the place, and there are flashbacks.)
yes its confusing. i think the woman with short hair is her mother or samus just really young. cause as she gets older we all know she has longer hair

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
yes its confusing. i think the woman with short hair is her mother or samus just really young. cause as she gets older we all know she has longer hair
Indeed, when she lived on Zebes with the Chozo, her hair was about chest lengh or longer. And when she was working with the GF around the time of the Space Pirate invasion of Zebes, it was shoulder length.

Maybe she cut it when she applied, and then started to let it grow out again?

Edit: Here's hoping for some Mauk and Kreatz action.

Edit2: So if it's about Samus' time with the GFeds, this is actually giving me a feeling that the game will be have a "recieve orders, carry them out, rinse, repeat, ??? profit!" structure. This makes me unhappy. Hopefully they can find a way to fit in the exploration and sequence breaking that made previous Metroids so fun.

Also, I hope they keep the Space Pirate voices from Prime. That **** was bad-***.

Xyro77

Indeed, when she lived on Zebes with the Chozo, her hair was about chest lengh or longer. And when she was working with the GF around the time of the Space Pirate invasion of Zebes, it was shoulder length.

Edit2: So if it's about Samus' time with the GFeds, this is actually giving me a feeling that the game will be have a "recieve orders, carry them out, rinse, repeat, ??? profit!" structure. This makes me unhappy. Hopefully they can find a way to fit in the exploration and sequence breaking that made previous Metroids so fun.

Also, I hope they keep the Space Pirate voices from Prime. That **** was bad-***.
Honestly, i think Team ninja will change the way everything LOOKS and SOUNDS. Retro did good but the sales of the PRIMES werent that great. I think its time for change.

Personally, all i care about are the CHOZO!!!!! I wann meet them and talk with them!!!! Heck, maybe we get to fight some of them or see them fight others.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lots of flashbacks makes sense. I'm starting to think that it may be(or at least part of it is) a SM remake, though. Considering you fight LZesbian Pirates, big fire thing that looks like Crocomire, and epic 3D cutscenes of the final boss battle in that game. Perhaps you start off with the SM part, then continue on to the Fusion prequel?(showing how Adam died, the Pirates attacking, etc.) Possiblities are endless, but I really doubt it's before the original.

Iwan

Smash Ace

Meh...I wouldn't worry about there being less exploration (or none at all). Don't forget that Nintendo is working on this game as well; it isn't JUST Team Ninja.

I would hope that Nintendo takes care of the plot, and Team Ninja takes care of the gameplay. With proper guidelines from nintendo, Team Ninja would do just fine keeping the exploration aspects of the series, along with mixing in it's (what looks to be f*****g awesome) combat.

I really can't wait for this game.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The one thing that concerns me more than anything else with this game is that team ninja needs to change the look of ZSS / no armour Samus. To this day I can't understand why Retro changed Samus' looks for MP2 and 3 to that disproportionate anime abomination when Metroid Prime 1 was the best Samus has ever looked.

Other than that, I'm excited beyond words.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
hi onski. thanks for letting me stay at your place. wcsl was great. :)

•Col•

Smash Champion
This game looks almost cool enough to make me consider maining Samus in Brawl....

...Almost... :p

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
what does this have anything to do with brawl?
this gives insight into the future of the samus metagame. it involves a lot of running, getting scraped against walls, rolling, and throws.

wait a second...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom